ARK: Survival Evolved on Steam

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Kelan

Re: ARK: Survival Evolved on Steam

Post by Kelan »

Looking good! I am such a bad designer and just throw things down wherever I can as I need them. I really should plan out a nice structure or base once :).
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

A very interesting houseboat design, and I love the interior. Perfectly arranged, very tidy. Even better, your Air Force appears to be attempting to multiply.

I may have mentioned my home before, but it's nowhere near as elaborate and planned. It's a nightmare ramshackle mess that simply grew out of need and not intent. It's currently located on one of the tips of the cove on Tropical South - picked simply because I never see a predatory animal out there. My pets are all arranged by type, in a semi-circle that matches the shoreline. Herbivores on one side, Carnivores on the other.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
mori

Post by mori »

My current base is a mess. I wanted to find out if going vertical would work. It does not. A player needs everything on one level, easy to get to. I still like the idea of going tall and incorporating the natural environment into the design, but first build a main level where all the manufacturing and storage can be kept. I am scouting for a new base area in a more central location. I will have to tear down my current mess.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

mori wrote:I am scouting for a new base area in a more central location.
I spent some time last night just flying around looking for something, and may have settled on the point of the middle island in The Center, facing the swamp. It seems perfectly central, and has a good wide ground area with a cliff behind it. I'm thinking of building my home on the cliff, enclosing the grounds below with a nice stone wall, then installing a greenhouse and other amenities. It's a Spinosaurus hot spot, but with the right walls and fortifications, that shouldn't be an issue. The only other hiccup was a level 90 Alpha Raptor, but I spent some time killing it with a Pteranodon - ridiculous amount of time, really - and it gave up a really nice blue crossbow. I don't know if my Bronto will make it, but that's fine. The Mammoth does a fine job of collecting Berries, and is portable.

I went searching along the back end of the volcano island and discovered a staggering number of Dimetrodons as well - nothing like that screenshot - but a lot of them. They had a couple larger predators running around thinning their numbers.

I noticed, too, that Primitive+ seems to have been fixed - at least the bugs for Pelagornis, Tapajera, and Allosaurus taming/riding. The Fish meat is back to being Fish Meat instead of fillets, so Pelagornis should accept them, and I can make the missing saddles.

Aside from exploring and looking for a new home site, I captured two additional Argents (both female) with little regard for their level - well, some - they were Level 100 and 110. I need eggs for Spino Kibble, and the eggs are proving hard to find in the wild (I have exactly 2). I also bagged a Level 125 Female Tapajera - the highest level one I've seen yet. They seem really rare, and really skittish. I had to sneak up on it in a Ghille suit while crouched, lock it down with Bolas, and then KO it.
Black Lives Matter

mori

Post by mori »

I did find a place on the middle island in some ruins and started building, but then I realized I was close to Fretmute's base so I stopped. I am across the river a bit further west. Is it ok to build there?
Fretmute

Post by Fretmute »

You can build on top of my base as far as I'm concerned. We're all in this together.

[edit] - As Cylus pointed out, I totally snaked the prime real estate on the map, so if you want to park dinos in the garage or whatnot, feel free.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

I need to rent a U-Haul or something. Moving everything from Site 1 to Site 2 is tedious... that's basically all I did last night. The first caravan, 6 fliers and a direbear, was the worst. I managed to pack 80% of my stuff into those birds and haul it all. When I landed, I made a small platform with a few storage spaces and basic crafting capability. Tonight I need to finish moving my smaller pets, then get construction underway in earnest. I've got wood, thatch, fiber, and cement paste coming out my ears - but only a handful of stone... so that'll be a lot of work, especially since I intend to build in stone this time.

At what point are you generally safe from heat or cold? In exploring the 'colder' areas, I still get the Freezing icon and start losing health. I've got 20 Fortitude and 250 (ish) Hypothermal insulation - yet I still freeze. Even when carrying a torch, I can't get it to a point where I'm not taking constant damage. I haven't been able to get enough Pelts yet to make a full suit of Fur armor, mostly because anywhere I can harvest Pelts, I tend to also freeze to death.
Black Lives Matter

Cylus Maxii

Post by Cylus Maxii »

Fretmute wrote:You can build on top of my base as far as I'm concerned. We're all in this together.

[edit] - As Cylus pointed out, I totally snaked the prime real estate on the map, so if you want to park dinos in the garage or whatnot, feel free.
I hope you know that was good-natured ribbing. I'm new to this map and was just marvelling at how cool/ideal that area is and was wondering if they have a few more sprinkled into the map.
My nephew, Jake - "I mean is there really anything more pure? Than sweet zombie monkey love?"
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Cylus Maxii wrote:
Fretmute wrote:You can build on top of my base as far as I'm concerned. We're all in this together.

I hope you know that was good-natured ribbing. I'm new to this map and was just marvelling at how cool/ideal that area is and was wondering if they have a few more sprinkled into the map.
In my explorations, I discovered a lava-filled cavern inside the Lava Island with a perfect platform for building a medium-sized home. As far as I could tell, it's really only accessible to fliers, so you'll need to park your other dinos elsewhere or use a Quetzal to transport them to harvesting grounds... otherwise, it looked pretty sweet.
Black Lives Matter

Cylus Maxii

Post by Cylus Maxii »

Paingod wrote:At what point are you generally safe from heat or cold? In exploring the 'colder' areas, I still get the Freezing icon and start losing health. I've got 20 Fortitude and 250 (ish) Hypothermal insulation - yet I still freeze. Even when carrying a torch, I can't get it to a point where I'm not taking constant damage. I haven't been able to get enough Pelts yet to make a full suit of Fur armor, mostly because anywhere I can harvest Pelts, I tend to also freeze to death.
I don't think you are ever completely safe from temp extremes. The surface always has extremes and the caves are even worse. You can mitigate cold by avoiding being out at night or when snowing/blowing. Base fur armor will be absolutely required for the surface. improved fur armor will be essential for ice caves.

The best way to get fur used to be from hunting saber cats and wolves. But I've noticed that cats don't seem to give fur anymore - so it may now be wooly rhinos and mammoths and maybe wolves? With the sabers and wolves - a good tactic use to be creating a slaughter pen in a bordering biome, and then using an argent to swoop in and extract the prey and fly it off to the pen. You may have to figure out a similar tactic to hunt at the edges of the snow biomes. It might be a good idea to create a mobile platform base using insulating materials and have a fireplace/pit of some sort to help warm you. That's why I have my cabin cruiser. I will be upgrading it to more insulating materials before hunting in the icy regions.

FWIW - the Center map has rare wolves on the volcanic and half-burnt islands. If the wolves give fur, that is one possibility. Otherwise I would park my mobile base on the edge of the ice biome and do day hunting trips for fur and hunker down at night. If you have a quetzal, then you can use the air hunting technique to extract mammoths to a slaughter pen. (note: For me, a slaughter pen is away from your base and has several tamed predators locked in it that are set to aggressive and to collect items from kills. I tend to fill mine with hungry wolves..)
My nephew, Jake - "I mean is there really anything more pure? Than sweet zombie monkey love?"
Fretmute

Post by Fretmute »

Cylus Maxii wrote:But I've noticed that cats don't seem to give fur anymore - so it may now be wooly rhinos and mammoths and maybe wolves? With the sabers and wolves - a good tactic use to be creating a slaughter pen in a bordering biome, and then using an argent to swoop in and extract the prey and fly it off to the pen. You may have to figure out a similar tactic to hunt at the edges of the snow biomes. It might be a good idea to create a mobile platform base using insulating materials and have a fireplace/pit of some sort to help warm you. That's why I have my cabin cruiser. I will be upgrading it to more insulating materials before hunting in the icy regions.

FWIW - the Center map has rare wolves on the volcanic and half-burnt islands. If the wolves give fur, that is one possibility. Otherwise I would park my mobile base on the edge of the ice biome and do day hunting trips for fur and hunker down at night. If you have a quetzal, then you can use the air hunting technique to extract mammoths to a slaughter pen. (note: For me, a slaughter pen is away from your base and has several tamed predators locked in it that are set to aggressive and to collect items from kills. I tend to fill mine with hungry wolves..)
Beavers drop pelt, and they're all over the jungle islands.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

The one time I explored the volcanic island, my character still tried to freeze. I flew over a lava stream and it didn't help like I thought it might. In the end, I flew off holding a Torch over my head, trying to drop burning embers down my shirt to stay warm. It was probably a night-cold issue.

I can definitely confirm that Sabertooths don't drop Pelts. The things I've killed that did were all very furry animals - not half hide, half fur. I wouldn't mind so much, but Pelts come in small quantities and are required in large volume. I'm very familiar with using my Argent to swoop in, grab something, and maul the crap out of it mid-air where it can't fight back, then landing on the corpse to gather from it before taking off again.

Some day I'll have to look into building a house boat. With the structure of The Center, it seems like it would be remarkably effective for safety, hunting, and transport of good - if a little slow. I tend to fly everywhere. I only land for brief periods to tame things, it seems.
Fretmute wrote:Beavers drop pelt, and they're all over the jungle islands.
I had been avoiding killing them because they're cute and make dams. Maybe not so much anymore. :D

*Edit: Is there a creature that acts as a Feeding Trough? Before I dumped my low-level creatures and reset my island for 1.0 Difficulty, my creatures all had trough icons over their heads when they were at my base. Now, none of them do. I've never actually built a trough, though, so I wasn't sure where that was coming from. I dropped my Carnos, Raptors, Scorpions, and a Rex - and haven't gotten replacements yet, but none of them seem to have that ability (according to the game info); everything else has been replaced.
Black Lives Matter

Cylus Maxii

Post by Cylus Maxii »

There is/was a bug/feature where a preserving campfire would act as a feeding trough. I think it got fixed.
Kelan

Post by Kelan »

I think the only thing that dropped pelts on the tropical island was the dire bears when they spawned there so going to the new redwood forests to get them could be an option.

I have my concrete raft all built up and ready to move, but wanted a TRex to take over to clear out all predators and defend me while I set up shop in a new location. I cleared the Southern Tropical Island a couple times and got a few Rex and Allosaurus to spawn, but they were all low level. I will give it a try again this weekend and if no luck, move out with my raptor pack :).
mori

Post by mori »

I was just asking because when I fly close to your base and the buildings start rendering, my framerates take a major hit. So if two of us built close together it might be a PITA for others to fly through. I checked the perimeter around my perspective base and none of your stuff rendered in so it would work for me.
mori

Post by mori »

Completed the vast majority of the move. It sucks in real life and it sucks in Ark. I was getting tired and decided to really load up on the last trip. On the raft, I had 3 Raptors, 1 Parasaur, a Diphoradon on my shoulder, and my last Pteradon following me. Everything was going well until I got close to Fretmute's base and all hell broke loose. Framerates went to single digits, a Spino attacked, and then it was all for themselves. The only one I was concerned about was my one remaining Pteradon and luckily he survived. Only lost one raptor so I guess I did ok. May of messed up Fretmute's dinos with my whistles, I know I did with his Spino.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Cylus Maxii wrote:There is/was a bug/feature where a preserving campfire would act as a feeding trough. I think it got fixed.
Hm. Don't know if I had one of those - but at any rate, it stopped happening.

I'm going to have to drop Primitive+ if I want to build where I selected. After spending hours moving all of my creatures and supplies, I got to work laying my home foundation and immediately starting running into absurd clipping issues. Quick research online found that there was no way around that except to install a mod - breaking Primitive+ ... so I'm 'downgrading' to regular Ark: Survival tonight and adding in a couple mods to make life easier.
  • StackMeMore - with almost 250,000 subscribers, it's a very popular stacking mod. It also lowers item weight so you can haul more resources and waste less time. Using it, I felt like it did a better job of balancing item weight and volume against actual usage in crafting.
  • StructurePlus - Another popular mod with 200,000 subscribers. Improved building clipping and snapping. The game's default is far too rigid and lacks a lot of common sense options. I look forward to being able to actually make my base instead of struggling with gaps and holes caused by small rocks or terrain shifts. As an added bonus, crafting stations will draw resources from containers and dinosaurs when constructing.
It's a shame, too. I like the structures and concept of Primitive+ but can't get around the fact that nothing else works for it. Of all the things i'll miss, though, the top one is Firewood. I checked, and there is no stand-alone firewood mod.
Black Lives Matter

Kelan

Post by Kelan »

Looks like the new Halloween patch just hit. It automatically upgraded me so I am temporarily locked out of the server.

Give us a shout if you get time to update to the newest version, Fret.
Cylus Maxii

Post by Cylus Maxii »

Kelan wrote:Looks like the new Halloween patch just hit. It automatically upgraded me so I am temporarily locked out of the server.
Give us a shout if you get time to update to the newest version, Fret.
Yep, looks like v249.0 - I sent Steam IM to Fret. Hopefully he can push that out when he gets off work.
Fretmute

Post by Fretmute »

Sorry. Of course they'd push the update at lunchtime.

Server is restarting now. Give it ten minutes or so.
Kelan

Post by Kelan »

No problem at all, Fret. I ran a server for many months and know how the updates go. I was running it when they were doing updates a few times a week and it got crazy. Playing MP Ark you just have to be patient :).

Thanks for getting to it so quickly.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Paingod wrote:
Cylus Maxii wrote:There is/was a bug/feature where a preserving campfire would act as a feeding trough. I think it got fixed.
Hm. Don't know if I had one of those - but at any rate, it stopped happening.

I'm going to have to drop Primitive+ if I want to build where I selected. After spending hours moving all of my creatures and supplies, I got to work laying my home foundation and immediately starting running into absurd clipping issues. Quick research online found that there was no way around that except to install a mod - breaking Primitive+ ... so I'm 'downgrading' to regular Ark: Survival tonight and adding in a couple mods to make life easier.
  • StackMeMore - with almost 250,000 subscribers, it's a very popular stacking mod. It also lowers item weight so you can haul more resources and waste less time. Using it, I felt like it did a better job of balancing item weight and volume against actual usage in crafting.
  • StructurePlus - Another popular mod with 200,000 subscribers. Improved building clipping and snapping. The game's default is far too rigid and lacks a lot of common sense options. I look forward to being able to actually make my base instead of struggling with gaps and holes caused by small rocks or terrain shifts. As an added bonus, crafting stations will draw resources from containers and dinosaurs when constructing.
It's a shame, too. I like the structures and concept of Primitive+ but can't get around the fact that nothing else works for it. Of all the things i'll miss, though, the top one is Firewood. I checked, and there is no stand-alone firewood mod.
Do these require starting a new game?
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Fretmute

Post by Fretmute »

No sir. The only issues are: if you use them and then remove them, your stored materials and any bases you've built out of S+ items will disappear.
Kelan

Post by Kelan »

Finished up my new base yesterday. I have the water pen fully enclosed with a behemoth gateway and brick walls and a brick/cement building up with brick dino gateways as entrances on each side and a larger roof to hang out on.

The perimeter is all fenced in with brick and behemoth gateways, but could use another height or two. Most of it is 3 high fences now, I believe.

Now I just need to organize my dinos and make some little stalls for them to ease their use and prevent my dinos from massing up on intruders and get a greenhouse up so I can start some special cooking and get some kibble up and going again.

I was going to put some screenshots up yesterday, but linking the images from Steam looked like it was going to be way too big in the forum here, so I held off for now.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Blackhawk wrote:
Paingod wrote:
Do these require starting a new game?
Like Fret had said, you don't need to start over - but you need to know that all of your StructurePlus facilities will "poof" if you ever stop using it. My whole base is designed around it, so I can't go back now without eliminating everything I built - which is a LOT of stuff over the weekend. The reason it disappears is because StructurePlus solves snapping and clipping issues by adding new constructions that mirror old ones, not by modifying the old ones. Take away the mod ...

I didn't disable Primitive+ ... so I'm getting a mish-mash of Primitive+ still, like harvested resources and seeds. I don't have the structures to make use of them, though. I was refunded all of the Engram points I used on Primitive+ items, and re-spent them on vanilla Engrams. I should go back to my old base. Maybe the structures are still there, and I can still make Firewood. It still had all my old Firewood in my inventory, dried and fresh, and it still burns correctly. I'll have to go check... that would be frikkin' awesome. :D

I had invested a lot of time and energy trying to get the basic structures to do what I wanted, but inevitably had to give up. They're just too finicky and restrictive for large scale construction that doesn't look like complete poo. My results with StructurePlus were far more satisfactory, though I think I've still ended up with gaps - but gaps in places where no man was ever intended to build (like 6 walls high in the corner of a cliffside), so I suppose I can be okay with it.

I was able to justify in my own head that since the game's design forced me to use a mod to overcome the issues it presented me with, it was okay to use a cheat command to give myself enough Stone Foundations, Stone Walls, and Stone Ceilings to accomplish Phase 1 - laying a flat and level foundation for my base. I thought I had picked a relatively level place, but it had a slight dip that meant using three layers at the deepest part to get the whole thing level. Normally I'll go a mile out of my way to avoid using cheat codes, but I would have wasted a dozen hours just harvesting materials that were never going to be seen again and were being used as filler.

Everything else I've built was harvested by hand (or Dino) - from the massive wood store to make my animal barn to my stone house to the greenhouse behind it. I've flown back and looked at it, and it's very visually unappealing. The game has a very narrow tile set for structures, so it's all immediately repeated over and over. It desperately needs some kind of decoration, not just paint colors (which I intend to deploy). Maybe it'll be very different once I get my generator up and running and I start casting pools of light around the place.

So, overall, a good weekend - not much "play" time, but a lot of good construction and harvesting. I did capture three Dire Wolves, a Scorpion, and a new Ankylo - so that's something. None of them was Level 150, but I've decided that matters less than the actual amount of levels they put into their skills. A Level 135 might still put 28 levels into Health, where a Level 150 might only have 19... soo... gotta catch 'em all. I was miffed that I couldn't find the saddle for the wolves until I accidentally "Used" one and found myself riding bareback! :D
Black Lives Matter

Cylus Maxii

Post by Cylus Maxii »

Kelan wrote:I was going to put some screenshots up yesterday, but linking the images from Steam looked like it was going to be way too big in the forum here, so I held off for now.
You can just do a bigimg using the image link in steam. Look at my screenies, or Fret's for an example. That will create the smaller version for the forum that links to the full sized original.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

I got to experience the joy of the new Kaprosuchus first-hand last night.

I was cruising the swamps with my Tapajera to gain a few levels killing bugs, and was prodding a couple crocs in the water. As I flew back up from a strike, my screen suddenly twisted and jarred and next thing I knew, I was staring at a Kaprosuchus and being dragged through the swamp. I was royally confused and completely unmanned. I didn't have a gun, and my crossbow didn't do enough damage to dissuade it from chewing on me (it was level 85). In short, it made quick work of me.

Thankfully, my Tapajera was not set to follow and was set on passive, so it remained high above any potential threat. After I respawned, I raced back and rescued it, then got my things from the water 30 feet from where I was playing around. Overall, a tense time. Knowing that I may get yanked out of my saddle if I get too close has changed how I'll go about playing in the swamps. I've spent a few hours fighting there, but it's so dangerous that my feet don't touch the ground except to collect Titanoboa eggs.

The fundamentals of my base are all but complete - barn, house, greenhouse, secure areas. I just need a taming pen and a few larger dinos to populate the Back 40 and it'll look like a nice established home. I even collected a Phiomia for excessive fecal production... I think I should park it ass-end over a small walled in container and make a poop-hopper to catch all of it and simplify collection.
Black Lives Matter

Cylus Maxii

Post by Cylus Maxii »

I'm kind of at a standstill on Fret's server. I skipped playing Sunday and only logged in for a short time last night to replenish food troughs, spark powder and fertilizer. Playing cooperative PVE - I'm not feeling the Primitive+ mod as much as I used to. I'm getting to a point where it might be more fun to play a server with lots of building mods so I can continue to sandbox a better base. But, I'm not ready to restart yet. So, if anybody is up for some group projects like capturing a quetz for somebody, I'd be happy to help out.

I went out on Friday and early Saturday and captured three pairs of wolves and one of cats. All eight beasts were 100+ as base and tamed into the 150 to 180 range. Using this pack, I did a couple of cave runs and was sorely disappointed on the loot crates. I netted 5000+ chitin on each run, dumping all from the 2nd run. But I only got a blue chitin chest blueprint for my troubles. Also, the game/map glitched during the first run; it threw me, mounted, out of the cave while leaving all the rest of my pack inside. I was able to recover all but one of them on that run. The straggler, an all-white male wolf named Blizzard, survived overnight and was recovered on the second run the next day. He was pretty beat up by that time. I was greatly impressed.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Interesting. That might be my next objective, if I can find a cave. I don't think I've seen a single one.

I've got two Sabertooth cats, started at L150 and L145, as well as three Dire Wolves in the L135+ range (all in excess of Level 200 now) and could do with some adventure. The wolves are more straight-up powerful, but the cats seem to have more utility - faster swimming, able to pin prey, and better armor. The pinning of prey is done by walking over smaller enemies - it doesn't get knocked back when you hit, and can't escape.

I was also listless last night after finishing the bulk of my base. After getting killed in the swamp and getting my stuff, I quit for the night and played Crimsonland for an hour instead.
Black Lives Matter

Cylus Maxii

Post by Cylus Maxii »

I was running in the cave on the southernmost Jungle Island. It has at least 5 entrances that I know of. One is on the surface near the beaver ponds. There is one that drops in from the top that is externally a deep pit in cave/ruins (you will need to have flying in caves enabled). There are two that are partially submerged (can be swum with head above water), one along the river and one by the ocean. The last one is fully submerged in the middle of the river; you will have to dive. Oh, and there is another water entrance inside the jungle ruins along the river that is nearby the submerged cave entrance. Its kind of like a moon pool into the submerged area in the cave. So I guess that's 6ish.

You will save yourself some trouble if you make insect repellant. Pay attention while swimming, it seems to wear off a lot faster. (Though swimming on a mount doesn't seem to count).
Kelan

Post by Kelan »

I am getting close to set up now, Cylus. I got all my dinos from the original base over and feel fairly secure with my new base and location now.

My problem at times in getting group activities going is my schedule, but I would also be up for some cave exploration or quetz taming if the timing works out. This week I bowl Monday and Thursday nights and need to get in 6 tour golf rounds in for The Golf Club, so ARK gets priority after those and may not be until the weekend until I can spend any significant time.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

With 166 hours logged, my interest seems to be waning. Last night I sat down at my computer, and the thought of firing up Ark didn't stir any compelling reason to do so. I have a lot of different dinosaurs left to capture. I've never explored a cave. I've only gone deep-sea diving once. There's a lot I haven't made ... I just think I might have had my fill for now.

This is definitely one of those games, though, where I need to remind myself that I put it on hold and don't want to start over. Another is X3, where I've got hundreds of hours invested and a small fleet of well equipped ships.
Black Lives Matter

mori

Post by mori »

Been a bit lonely on the server the past week. Finally got a doedicurus tamed last night. Proved trickier than I thought it would be. Hard to find a high level one as they tend to be in dangerous areas on the southern jungle island and have been gnawed on extensively. But found one in a good place. Getting it back to base was almost a disaster as it seems if you roll down the hill you agro every hostile creature on the map. Reached safety with about 5% health remaining. So now I can continue with base renovations. Might try my hand at Bronto taming as soon as I can get enough kibble made. I guess you guys do not mind if I raid your greenhouses :wink: .
Fretmute

Post by Fretmute »

250.0 Patch Notes wrote:Snap Point Cycling! Press 'Q' ('give default weapon' key) or 'Z' ('defecate' key) when placing to cycle thru all nearby Snap Points :)
It's about damn time.
mori

Post by mori »

Fretmute wrote:
250.0 Patch Notes wrote:Snap Point Cycling! Press 'Q' ('give default weapon' key) or 'Z' ('defecate' key) when placing to cycle thru all nearby Snap Points :)
It's about damn time.
Logged in and found most of my tames, along with everyone else's on Fret's server at half health. Put food in everyone's troughs that I could find. Tamed a Bronto. Just a low level one as I figured it would take at least 30 kibble but I forgot to take into account server settings. A level 13 only took 5 kibble instead. A very useful dino. Keep them alive and you will have all the berries and thatch you could ever wish to have. But their attack hits everything close so they better have mega high health.
Cylus Maxii

Post by Cylus Maxii »

Thanks for feeding the dinos. I wonder if they adjusted the hunger/eating levels, or maybe the spoilage time. I'll have to login tonight and make sure everything is stocked up. I'm not done yet, but haven't had urge to play a lot either.
Fretmute

Post by Fretmute »

Civ VI and the Stellaris patch did a double whammy on me.
Kelan

Post by Kelan »

I believe they were all half health due to the patch update and the bonus + health effects kicking in after. All my dinos were exactly half health like a previous patch.

Yeah, still busy a bit myself with Civ VI and The Golf Club leagues and RL stuff like bowling. I still pop in, but not enough time to do anything substantial yet.
mori

Post by mori »

Logged in tonight and the Bronto that I tamed last night is gone. Went into tribe manager and there is the message that I tamed a Bronto, no message that it died. Just poof. Not a big deal since he was low level and it turned out an easy tame. Just lost a saddle and the resources it was carrying.
Fretmute

Post by Fretmute »

That still makes no sense to me. I feel that guy walked off and you may still find him.

Tonight started my vacation. I am looking at a week at Disneyland (IT'S STILL 90 IN ANAHEIM I BLAME TRUMP) and then I'm back. I assume I can reset things via the phone web interface, but if things get rough I can deputize someone.