Gaming counters

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Montag

Gaming counters

Post by Montag »

I have been playing Star Realms a lot and I refused to use the counter cards. I did find that stitch counters are great.

http://www.michaels.com/knit-tally-set/ ... er&start=2

Michaels has a pack of 2 for $3.
words
Blackhawk

Re: Gaming counters

Post by Blackhawk »

Oh, that's awesome. I've been looking for a good counter option for some games. I usually use dice - a d20 for smaller numbers, a pair of 10s for the big numbers - but they tend to get bumped. As with so many of my obscure hobbies, a lot of the things I need aren't actually made. Instead, I have to browse in odd shops for something to repurpose.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
SpaceLord

Post by SpaceLord »

The Star Realms counter cards are useful. While these things are cool, they won't fit in the Star Realms box.
They're going to send you back to mother in a cardboard box...
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

I wonder if somewhere out there there's a knitter who uses 20-sided dice to track stitches.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

I think I posted about those way back in the day for some game that needed counters. And for the life of me I can't remember what it was. I was thinking it was for the Star Trek: Fleet Captains game, but I sold that off a while ago so I can't remember why I would need counters like that...
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
miltonite

Post by miltonite »

wonderpug wrote:I wonder if somewhere out there there's a knitter who uses 20-sided dice to track stitches.
I doubt it. It would be too much trouble in my opinion to have to put down a needle and turn a die. But then again I also think those end markers and thread counters are too much trouble as well.
"Only in a geek forum could we talk about the camcorder's battery life ruining our suspension of disbelief, while totally accepting the gigantic impenetrable monster." -YK

"Isg, set research engines to ludicrous speed!!" -DD*
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

miltonite wrote:
wonderpug wrote:I wonder if somewhere out there there's a knitter who uses 20-sided dice to track stitches.
I doubt it. It would be too much trouble in my opinion to have to put down a needle and turn a die. But then again I also think those end markers and thread counters are too much trouble as well.
At least the numbers go in order.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
tizzacd70

Post by tizzacd70 »

coupon spam removed