Bing Search Rewards

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Enough

Bing Search Rewards

Post by Enough »

I thought this had died, but apparently it has been retooled. Now you get credits for Bing searches (1/2 pt per search for a max of 30/15 pts a day) and doing other MS things. Once you get enough credits you can redeem them for things like $5 Amazon gift certificates.

I just started this month and have already received 100 gbs of OneDrive space for one year for 100 credits and am close to my first Amazon certificate (app buying money, heh). I had no idea this existed and now that Bing is much better I don't mind. Plus by quickly clicking the related search links one could, if one wanted, bang out the max credits daily in about 30 seconds and return to happily using Google, heh. Here's what you can redeem with your points.

In any case, do people want to start a referral thread? I could post my referral link and then the next person in the thread posts theirs. Over time hopefully all of us would get referrals this way and get the 200 pt bonus.

If anyone takes my referral link here, please post yours in a post below. Then the next person who wants to try it should then use that person's referral and so on. Or if you want no part of this, here's a clean, non-referral link that nobody will get any credits from. It's still a cool way to get stuff for very little effort.
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
paulbaxter

Re: Bing Search Rewards

Post by paulbaxter »

Enough wrote:I thought this had died, but apparently it has been retooled. Now you get credits for Bing searches (1/2 pt per search for a max of 30/15 pts a day) and doing other MS things. Once you get enough credits you can redeem them for things like $5 Amazon gift certificates.

I just started this month and have already received 100 gbs of OneDrive space for one year for 100 credits and am close to my first Amazon certificate (app buying money, heh). I had no idea this existed and now that Bing is much better I don't mind. Plus by quickly clicking the related search links one could, if one wanted, bang out the max credits daily in about 30 seconds and return to happily using Google, heh. Here's what you can redeem with your points.

In any case, do people want to start a referral thread? I could post my referral link and then the next person in the thread posts theirs. Over time hopefully all of us would get referrals this way and get the 200 pt bonus.

If anyone takes my referral link here, please post yours in a post below. Then the next person who wants to try it should then use that person's referral and so on. Or if you want no part of this, here's a clean, non-referral link that nobody will get any credits from. It's still a cool way to get stuff for very little effort.
OK, I used your link.

Here's mine: http://www.bing.com/explore/rewards?PUB ... 22282e52ed
No sig, must scream, etc.
gameoverman

Post by gameoverman »

I used paulbaxter's link, here's mine click.

edit: Haha, this is fun almost like a game. My score is 81 credits right now.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Ahhh, you had me excited for a minute there...thought the old Bing cash back days were here again. Those were heady days indeed, but I seriously doubt we will ever see 35% off pretty much everything, backed by any company again like that.

Not many companies have pockets as deep as MS to be able to pull that off, either. Can't remember exactly how much they spent on that program, but I remember it being astronomical. I just remember that I used it enough to get at least $1,000 back (after buying a camera kit, multiple lenses, flash, etc) when it was active.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

gameoverman wrote:I used paulbaxter's link, here's mine click.

I used gameoverman's link

here is mine
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

got my first $5 amazon award today.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Enough

Post by Enough »

I too got one and also see that paulbaxter completed his sign up which awarded me 500 pts. Thanks!

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I'm working on my 5th $5 gift card now. I've been getting Gamestop cards and using them on Steam cards. Gameoverman must be enjoying the points I'm getting him.

Black Lives Matter
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Lassr wrote:I'm working on my 5th $5 gift card now. I've been getting Gamestop cards and using them on Steam cards. Gameoverman must be enjoying the points I'm getting him.
We'll never know. He stopped posting here because he's busy cruising the world on his 30 ft yacht, complete with helicopter on top, thanks to you!
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Carpet_pissr wrote:
Lassr wrote:I'm working on my 5th $5 gift card now. I've been getting Gamestop cards and using them on Steam cards. Gameoverman must be enjoying the points I'm getting him.
We'll never know. He stopped posting here because he's busy cruising the world on his 30 ft yacht, complete with helicopter on top, thanks to you!
I may need to hunt him down and claim part ownership then! Or at least see if I can borrow it a few weekends a year.

Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

Lassr wrote:
Carpet_pissr wrote:
I may need to hunt him down and claim part ownership then! Or at least see if I can borrow it a few weekends a year.
I suggest using Bing for your hunt.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I hope this is his...

Bing search

Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

keep searching....
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Lassr wrote:
gameoverman wrote:I used paulbaxter's link, here's mine click.

I used gameoverman's link

here is mine
Using yours....

Edit - Wish I could find my referral link.... :(

Edit Edit - Found it!
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

I used Kelric's link to join, well I hope I did I got an error at first. Here is my link.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."--George Orwell
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Cashed in my Bing Rewards today for $40 in Steam Wallet funds. Wastelands 2 is mine!

Black Lives Matter
paulbaxter

Post by paulbaxter »

Microsoft has officially gotten on my nerves now.

I got one reward code for amazon a while back, and have kept accumulating reward points in my spare moments. I get on the computer one day and my point total is reset to zero. I find a way to log in officially again, but the point are gone. Oh well, I think, I'll just keep at it. So I get enough points to order another reward. A screen comes up asking for me cell number to text me a confirmation code. I put my number in, but get an error message saying there's a problem and they can't send me a code. After a few days of trying this, I finally fill out the little customer service form to complain and see if they can fix it.

I get a message back saying that they'll get on it right away. Two days later I get a message saying that I violated their terms of service by having two different accounts. Apparently when my points disappeared I got logged out of my MSN account and when I logged back in it was through facebook. Or something like that. Anyhow they said since it was inadvertent they would combine my points and take care of it. That happens about three days later. Still getting the same error though.

Complain again. Several emails later MS says they'll have to manually bypass the whole confirmation code thing and then I'll be all set. It will take a few days. Get an email last week saying they've fixed it and I can "try" to redeem my reward again. Still getting exactly the same problem.

While I was typing this I get another email from MS. Sorry you're having a problem. We'll get right on it. Might take a few days.

It's been two weeks already. If I was actually paying for something I'd be pretty upset.
paulbaxter

Post by paulbaxter »

Well, after a couple more rounds of "it should be fixed now", they've finally fixed the issue. Got $10 worth of amazon cards today and should be up to another $5 tomorrow.
Enough

Post by Enough »

I took my wife and I out to the movies with my first cashed in rewards (bought Fandago gift certs with the points) and now I am thinking I am going to fund my Hulu Plus subscription with this deal. Between mobile searches and browser you can get up to 35 points per day, so that is easily enough monthly to cover the full bill! :horse:

PS, I have noticed (ahem) there are apps for android that greatly simplify the process of completing these searches. :ninja:

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

After almost 8 years, I finally decided to stop doing the Bing Rewards. I would faithfully, almost everyday, spend 5 minutes doing the quizzes and searches to earn points on my 2 accounts. I have earned over $1000 in rewards since I started, all used on STEAM cards and Amazon purchases, but today something just clicked and I said, "you know, I don't want to do this anymore." So thanks Bing/MS for all the free stuff.

Anyone else stuck with this?

Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Not with Bing, but gilraen still does the Swagbucks stuff daily. I followed your lead after about a week. :) But she still puts in the effort (for both our accounts). I have told her that she should stop if it's too much like work. Apparently she hasn't reached that point yet. Her tolerance is much higher than mine, obviously.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Lassr wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:07 pm After almost 8 years, I finally decided to stop doing the Bing Rewards. I would faithfully, almost everyday, spend 5 minutes doing the quizzes and searches to earn points on my 2 accounts. I have earned over $1000 in rewards since I started, all used on STEAM cards and Amazon purchases, but today something just clicked and I said, "you know, I don't want to do this anymore." So thanks Bing/MS for all the free stuff.

Anyone else stuck with this?
Yup. It ties into MS Gamepass, so that you get rewards points for playing gamepass games as well. points for achievements, logging into the gamepass app, playing certain games, buying games, renting movies, etc with daily, weekly and monthly 'quests' for extra rewards. I'm not religious about it, but I do hit the microsoft rewards pages for them, varying between doing them on the xBox and in Edge.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.