Fallout 4

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Drazzil

Re: Fallout 4

Post by Drazzil »

I dunno WTFH I'm doing wrong but I tried installing F4 script extender to run some mods but its like pulling teeth. I tried installing it through steam, nope. Tried installing it thru vortex. Nope. Tried installing it manually.... FUCKING NOPE!!! I fought the godamn thing for 3 hours before concluding that one must have a computer science degree to get the thing working. LITERALLY, Not figuratively, pulled out my hair by accident in frustration.

I forgot how computer stuff can make me mad. Like truly pissed. I haven't lost control of myself like this in years. I'm ashamed of myself. All I want to do is automate the settler part with sim settlement 2 and forget that part exists.
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Just unzip to the FO4 install dir then run the loader from there.

Although I recall having a fit with it myself or another sorter last time.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Daehawk wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:30 pm Just unzip to the FO4 install dir then run the loader from there.

Although I recall having a fit with it myself or another sorter last time.
Tried that. After I downloaded the zipped folder I tried using the extractor to unzip it and then the files just sort of. . disappeared . Like I tried five diff ways and every time got boned.

Edit for: I felt like that dude on...IMPOTENT RAGE!!!
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Did your antivirus activate and quarantined the files? Better check your Security center. FO4SE uses the injection method to attach itself to FO4, and that's often read as a virus.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Kasey Chang wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:05 am Did your antivirus activate and quarantined the files? Better check your Security center. FO4SE uses the injection method to attach itself to FO4, and that's often read as a virus.
I got no warning so I'm going to tentatively say no. When I used 7zip I couldn't get the file to unpack to where I could find it. It threw an error msg.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I'd say check again. If files just disappear into the ether, that's USUALLY the cause, in my experience.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Kasey Chang wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:08 am I'd say check again. If files just disappear into the ether, that's USUALLY the cause, in my experience.
Its strange tho. Not only was I unable to unpack the files where I needed to; but the exe replacement file wasen't even there
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

I think I missed a step. I'll know more when I get home .
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Figured a piece of this out. I'm taking it slow so that I don't get frustrated like I did last night.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Installed my first mod....War of the Commonwealth.
The game just spawns groups of characters at random places. And they are very strong. Mostly enemies but sometimes friendly. Very wild.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

"Ok Ive changed my mind about that direction"..."Ok lets leave Dansk to go that way...." after bad choices.

Think Ill subscribe to him. He reminds me of either another Tuber or maybe it was him I heard. Little like Totalbiscuit
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I find him rather humorous and I've subscribed to him for over a year.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Authority924

Post by Authority924 »

I suppose Fallout 4 was the last good game, the 3rd part was good to, DLC's are even better though, never understood Fallout 76 or whatever its called, hope Bethesda will come back to its origin
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

This mod is kicking my ass. The normal characters in FO4 are all still there and no more powerful than normal. But these other groups........they must be level 60 and armed with the latest weaponry. The worst are the Forged and the ghouls. I managed to score a
high end RR armor mk VII. I think it might be more powerful than the power armor.
The game plays normal except for these groups of very powerful enemies. And they do fight each other all the time and they do spawn anew from time to time.
I was friends with the synths but after teaming up with Danse I'm not sure anymore. Railroad was friendly at the beginning but not anymore. Friends are the Minutemen and the BOS.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Poor Railroad. :(

They get shafted by everyone. That always ticked me off a bit. I think my last run I skipped joining either the Institute or BoS because of that.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

My current game has a couple mods that add additional enemies.

First one adds bounty hunters. That one is pissing me off. They are coming after me for bounties when I know I haven't actually done anything wrong. Unless raiders are putting out the bounties. But that would mean that the raiders would all have to belong to one big "friendly" faction.

The second one adds these "combat stalkers" groups. I'm mostly left it alone, but I did change the spawn rate. It said it was set to 15 minutes, but I had groups spawn three times as I left my base. So I'd kill one, loot, go back and drop off the loot, and try to leave, only to be jumped again. It felt more like a 5 minute time. I increased the time because it was ruining the fun of the game. Probably still too frequent, but at least it's not 'constant' any more.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

dbt1949 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 2:45 pm I managed to score a high end RR armor mk VII. I think it might be more powerful than the power armor.
That's often the problem with mods that add a lot of enemies - they add a lot of loot as well, and if they're not careful they can easily ruin the economy and mess up the game balance.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I got attacked by more than a dozen death claws. So I did the only thing I could possibly do..........I hurried into the god mode. Two of the death claws were alpha legendary.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

dbt1949 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 12:46 am I got attacked by more than a dozen death claws. So I did the only thing I could possibly do..........I hurried into the god mode. Two of the death claws were alpha legendary.
I got attacked by a 'combat stalker' group of 4 death claws. Also with 2 legendary ones. Thankfully I was at Graygarden. While the locals didn't do much damage, I was able to blast away with my shotgun without getting any attention focused on me. I don't have access to god mode in my game. If I'd been in your situation... well, I'd have been reloading. :D

Black Lives Matter

dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

To go into the god mode hit the tilde button and type in tgm and hit enter. Do the same to get back to normal.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Unless he's either playing on console or is in survival mode (which disables the console.)

FWIW, the disabled console was the worst aspects of it, and modding it out is a must. There are just too many things that go wrong with Bethesda games to not be able to use TGM, TAI, TCL, ResetAI, SetStage, etc
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Good point. My mind has such a narrow view of things sometimes.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Sorry. I wasn't clear. I'm aware of god mode.

However, I'm playing Fallout 4 VR in survival mode. I wasn't aware that the console was disabled in survival mode; it's more that I don't exactly have easy access to the keyboard in VR. :D

Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

TheMix wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:14 am Sorry. I wasn't clear. I'm aware of god mode.

However, I'm playing Fallout 4 VR in survival mode. I wasn't aware that the console was disabled in survival mode; it's more that I don't exactly have easy access to the keyboard in VR. :D
FWIW, you should be able to access the console via VR. You actually have to go to your PC, make sure the window has focus, and use it that way. It's a pain, but it isn't a regular thing, either. Not that it matters in Survival. ;)
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Blackhawk wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:23 am
TheMix wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:14 am Sorry. I wasn't clear. I'm aware of god mode.

FWIW, you should be able to access the console via VR. You actually have to go to your PC, make sure the window has focus, and use it that way. It's a pain, but it isn't a regular thing, either. Not that it matters in Survival. ;)
Yeah. I know I could. But it's not easy. And it's annoying. Also, the keyboard is out of the "area", so I get the walls, and the sensors don't like it, so often the image goes gray or jumps all over the place. All-in-all, I'd have to have a pretty extreme reason. I have yet to run into anything in FO4VR that necessitates dealing with the keyboard.

Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Ah. My guardian has a 'cubby hole' in the side specifically to include my desk/PC.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I probably could figure something out. I'd likely have to move my base stations a bit, and do a manual adjustment to the area. But, frankly, it's just not been necessary.

Sometimes I just ask gilraen to go do something on the PC for me when I'm in VR. :)

Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

TheMix wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:44 am I probably could figure something out. I'd likely have to move my base stations a bit, and do a manual adjustment to the area. But, frankly, it's just not been necessary.

Sometimes I just ask gilraen to go do something on the PC for me when I'm in VR. :)
I do it mainly because sometimes I either want to check something on the PC, or sometimes I play seated games that make more direct use of it (flight sims, ATS, etc.) and don't want to have to fiddle with the guardian every time I move. I seriously wish they hadn't removed the option to disable the guardian entirely. I use other methods for staying in my 'space' (bare feet and a mat), so the guardian is just an unneeded extra. I turn the sensitivity on it way down, and generally draw it way, way outside my area (like, it's somewhere beyond the walls), but I'd love to be able to turn on the passthrough and get a drink 10 feet away without it panicking because I'm out of bounds.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Anybody know of a mod to show everybody's level without going into VATs?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I do not. Hell, I can't even tell if someone is hostile or not in my game. Not until I walk up to them and they start shooting me. :D

Levels? I didn't even remember that was an option. Also, my current iteration doesn't even have VATS.

Black Lives Matter

dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

When I started my game I too couldn't tell who's who. I just looked and I'm on the hard level. Unusual for me. I usually stick to the beany levels.
This mod really levels you up quick.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

My vague recollection, which I haven't looked up, is that, maybe, there is an upgrade, possibly to helmets/glasses/etc., that provides tactical info? Right now I have some night vision ones that say they are tactical. Which was really cool for the 30 seconds before the battery apparently went out. Not sure if it recharges over time, or if they are disposable. I suppose I should look that up. That's the one drawback of using wabbajack. I've looked through the list of mods, but I haven't gone and read up on every one. So I'm periodically surprised by stuff.

Black Lives Matter

Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Just read that someone has remade MOST of Fallout 3 in Fallout 4 engine. Point Lookout DLC has been released as playable, but you *are* playing as the Lone Survivor.

And someone else recreated FNV's Mothership Zeta in FO4 as Project Zeta, plus a few extra additions such as... put a settlement on Mars.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I've reached level 68 and haven't finished the main quest or any of the DLCs. I've been taking weird level up perks that I've never tried. I'm still running into monsters with a skull by their name.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I stalled last night trying to figure out the Automaton questline. I can't tell if I ran into a bug, or whether my streamlined interface is just preventing me from getting the info I need. But when I try to use the robot workshop, I can't select any of my robot followers to upgrade. Nor can I even build a new robot. But I'm not getting any details on why. :(

Black Lives Matter

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

dbt1949 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:31 am I've reached level 68 and haven't finished the main quest or any of the DLCs. I've been taking weird level up perks that I've never tried. I'm still running into monsters with a skull by their name.
And I'm currently drooling over all your lovely perks.... :D I need so many perks. And my leveling feels sooooooo slow.

Black Lives Matter

dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I got to level 73 and finished the main quest. Decided to go to Nukacola World. Too many bugs there.Couldn't figure out how to disable mod so I deleted it. Game still screwed. Deleted mod and uninstalled FO4 and am reloading it. Only 15 hours to go.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

dbt1949 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 10:38 pm Couldn't figure out how to disable mod so I deleted it.
Nuka-World? It's DLC, not a mod. So you probably can't just turn it off in a mod organizer. Did you try going to Steam > game properties > DLC and unchecking it? Also, be aware that many mods require all the DLCs. So removing one may stop them from working.

Black Lives Matter

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Sylvester McCoy and Colin Baker for voice actors? Not bad.