Euro Truck Simulator 2

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Rip

Re: Euro Truck Simulator 2

Post by Rip »

I use it and can usually stay pedal to the medal without running into anything.
KDH

Post by KDH »

:coffee: re: maps & mods ... modsaholic.com

The TSM map has been updated from 3.5, and works with "going-east" (according to its authors) ... also, there is some Norway and Sweden in the "ProMods" map .. unfortunately they don't get along together

(just use the itemization on the left or click the "euro-truck" tab below the modsaholic title to see the other offerings .. sort by most-recent)

be aware .. some mods do things that aren't in the title, for example: .. the TSM map seems to adjust economy issues, like lower *gas prices 50% (possibly other) ... also, there is a TSM Heavy Trailer Pack that features a panzer tank and wind-power blades that has inflated delivery price values, for those loads, and removes the struggle to establish a trucking empire (I had 7 garages with 5 drivers each by level 10, all paid in cash except my first 100k bank loan

If you absolutely have to tug a tank .. Trailers Mod Pack 2.0 .. (make sure you got da juice) ... Volvo seems to have the best HP+Torque in an entry-level tractor @ less $$ than a SCANIA (the most popular)

*gas is $0.10 in NW Africa
Ain't nobody got time for that
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

All those mods for this game....are they free? Do the mod makers not make any money off them?
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
KDH

Post by KDH »

free .. not ALL mods at modsaholic are for ETS2 (there is an ETS2 tab) ...
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Daehawk wrote:All those mods for this game....are they free? Do the mod makers not make any money off them?
They do if you make a donation.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Gaming trend has an article up on Oculus support in ETS2 and a really cool video of a guy making a run with it. The guy is clueless about ETS2 itself but ironically that makes the video even more entertaining.

http://gamingtrend.com/2013/10/22/truck ... s-support/
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Steam has this for $8.50.
SlapBone

Post by SlapBone »

Dammit!

I'm going to put it on the interwebs so I can't forget it. If you are a fan of Radio Paradise use this line for the streams file:
Spoiler:
stream_data[]: "http://stream-tx1.radioparadise.com:8054|Radio Paradise"
If you are not a fan of Radio Paradise, you should be.

Short story is I have spent an hour two different times trying to add that stream into this game :) I was successful back in February(?) and then I upgraded to Win 8 and didn't back up my saved game properly.
KDH

Post by KDH »

Trucking, according to Squirrel ...the 1.8 patch is due out soon ...

:oops: * the previously mentioned traffic AI fix has been bumped for further testing

;) * a new scania truck cab has been intro'd

:mrgreen: * and SCS releases professional quality BLENDER tools for the modding community
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Although the Going East DLC is on sale on Steam, I'm really happy with the TSM mod, which adds a lot more cities and roads than the DLC. Hopefully the 1.8 patch won't screw up the TSM too badly or the mod guys will be quick to whip out an update.

UPDATE: Actually, it seems the lastest TSM mod version supports the Going East DLC, so I've decided to support SCS and pick up the DLC.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Got the Going East DLC. Also downloaded the lasted Trucksim Map mod, which adds all sorts of extra Europe to the game. Currently hauling a load from Warsaw, Poland to Faro, Portugal, about 3300 kilometers :shock:. To keep myself motivated I'm listening to EKR Rock Radio on the in-game radio, currently they are doing a musical biography of Molly Hatchet, from my own state of Florida.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
KDH

Post by KDH »

I really wish the PROMOD team (sweden/norway) could work out a way for their mod to co-exist with the TSM team (italy/north africa) ... I would imagine they share a city or two, and thus conflict

as it is now, the TSM mod wins for the bigger area
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Check my Green Man Gaming thread in the bargain area guys..this and the addons are on sale at crazy prices.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Actually just picked this up during Steam's Black Friday sale. Loving the wide expanses, although I do hope there's more variety in the landscape than what I'm seeing so far. Country roads are kind of samey, but that may be because I haven't ventured out far enough. But man, I've encountered some crazy drivers, such as drivers who drift over into the oncoming lane only to swerve back at the last second.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Rip

Post by Rip »

Rumpy wrote:Actually just picked this up during Steam's Black Friday sale. Loving the wide expanses, although I do hope there's more variety in the landscape than what I'm seeing so far. Country roads are kind of samey, but that may be because I haven't ventured out far enough. But man, I've encountered some crazy drivers, such as drivers who drift over into the oncoming lane only to swerve back at the last second.
Just wait till you are hauling it down a country road at nught and some jerk tries to pass an oncoming truck only to realize he can't make it. Of course he just stops there right in front of you for a head on. Which you of course get fined for not to mention load damage. FYI if you can't miss it get brake and take it head on. that will do the least damage to your load.

I seldom wreck anymore but when I do it is spectacular.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Heh, I recently took a job that required me to take the ferry to the Netherlands. So, I get to the port and the AI is gridlocked from all directions preventing me to turn into the port. My only recourse was to go around again hoping the traffic would clear, which it did. But man, I sat there wondering if the AI would ever move If I just sat there waiting. But I don't think the AI is smart enough to do that.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Rip wrote:
Rumpy wrote:Actually just picked this up during Steam's Black Friday sale. Loving the wide expanses, although I do hope there's more variety in the landscape than what I'm seeing so far. Country roads are kind of samey, but that may be because I haven't ventured out far enough. But man, I've encountered some crazy drivers, such as drivers who drift over into the oncoming lane only to swerve back at the last second.
Just wait till you are hauling it down a country road at nught and some jerk tries to pass an oncoming truck only to realize he can't make it. Of course he just stops there right in front of you for a head on. Which you of course get fined for not to mention load damage. FYI if you can't miss it get brake and take it head on. that will do the least damage to your load.

I seldom wreck anymore but when I do it is spectacular.
They fine you for other driver's faults? Well hell.

I would have purchased it today if I'd been faster. At $6 who wouldn't. Its looking more and more like I will wait till the American release. I wantto drive around my area and see how it looks in game and also have access to Peterbuilts, Kenworth, Mack and such.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Version 1.8 has been loaded up to Steam, which apparently only adds some Scandia truck. I'm not much of a truck collector so it's rather unimportant for me. What is important is that it didn't break my Trucksim Map mod. Right now I'm in Tangiers, as shown in the map below. I think I'll take a run down to Casablanca, then drive that long squiggle road to Taza. Looks fun!

KDH

Post by KDH »

:doh: beware the squiggle road

I was gaming into the wee hours, one night, and decided one more trip before turning in .. on the normal map magnification it just looked like a straight shot, and the northern highway, essentially is a straight shot ...

I did not have the brainwaves or attention span for hauling a long trailer on such a ribbon of asphalt

on the plus side: gas prices in the area are @ 0.10 liter compared to 1.25 elsewhere
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

Rock, Paper, Shotgun opined about the multiplayer mod that's being worked on... info linked for anyone interested.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/12 ... layer-mod/
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

So, having played more of it and driven many more hours and getting my second truck, I still feel that there's not all that much difference in the environments. I used to own Haulin', one of their sims set in the US and Canada, and that one had way more variety in the environments from snow on Canadian roads, to desert on Route 66, and sunny California. They all had distinct feels to them. With such an expanse as Europe, I'm surprised more wasn't done to add variation and I have to admit to being a little disappointed in this area. Still really enjoying the game, though.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Rumpy wrote:So, having played more of it and driven many more hours and getting my second truck, I still feel that there's not all that much difference in the environments. I used to own Haulin', one of their sims set in the US and Canada, and that one had way more variety in the environments from snow on Canadian roads, to desert on Route 66, and sunny California. They all had distinct feels to them. With such an expanse as Europe, I'm surprised more wasn't done to add variation and I have to admit to being a little disappointed in this area. Still really enjoying the game, though.
Well, really, there's not that much expanse in the areas of Europe in the game. That's why I'm happy with the Trucksim Mod, adding more of southern Europe and North Africa. Still, even with the mod, there is a limit as to what can be seen from the highway.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

jztemple2 wrote:
Rumpy wrote:So, having played more of it and driven many more hours and getting my second truck, I still feel that there's not all that much difference in the environments. I used to own Haulin', one of their sims set in the US and Canada, and that one had way more variety in the environments from snow on Canadian roads, to desert on Route 66, and sunny California. They all had distinct feels to them. With such an expanse as Europe, I'm surprised more wasn't done to add variation and I have to admit to being a little disappointed in this area. Still really enjoying the game, though.
Well, really, there's not that much expanse in the areas of Europe in the game. That's why I'm happy with the Trucksim Mod, adding more of southern Europe and North Africa. Still, even with the mod, there is a limit as to what can be seen from the highway.

It's not so much expanse as it is variety. The same tilesets seem to be in use everywhere, making the roads less distinct and memorable. The other game I mentioned had different areas with different feel to them, and you'd eventually be able to recognize the areas by feel. Not so much here as one road tends to feel like another road. *Shrug*. I guess I'm a bit harsh on it. I'll give that mod a try.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

Jztemple, can you link the website for that Trucksim map mod?
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

So, for those of you using a physics mod, which one are you using? I see two of them actively being worked on, but not sure which one to choose.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

baelthazar wrote:Jztemple, can you link the website for that Trucksim map mod?
This is the link I used. I tried the "Multi Traffic Mod for TSM" but I keep getting crashes, so I stuck with the "Truck Sim Map v4.1.2.a" only.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Ok, so I made a delivery to Torino, making it my first time driving among the alps, and this is where I believe the game really shines. It really does feel different and distinctive. I just wish more of that kind of detail could be applied to some other areas of the game. As I came out from a tunnel, with the alps in view, I felt like I was in a different part of the world. I didn't want to leave for my next delivery so soon.

Played with the screenshot tool some, and it's quite nice. Wish more games would have screenshot tools like this.

PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Normann

Post by Normann »

Daehawk wrote:Steam has this for $8.50.
Thanks! I picked it up and immediately lost two days of my life. This thing rocks with Track IR + wheel + HDTV! Addictive!
KDH

Post by KDH »

There is a new map MOD ... HUNGARY <--- (squirrel video = 23 minutes)

there are a few things you should know, first:

1) .. it is ONLY Hungary, it replaces your SCS map and any other mods
2) .. it requires a new profile .. and you will have to re-config your controls
3) .. the DL link is @ mega.co.nz, and they try to convince you firefox will melt without their addon (click close)

ets2downloads.com/maps/hungary-map .. (scroll down for v0.9.2)

:coffee: (squirrel shows you how to install + reclaim your control config)
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Nothing's been posted here in awhile, so I thought I'd post something interesting I found near Tangiers (I'm using the TSM map mod):

Image (click to enlarge)
KDH

Post by KDH »

:clap: the much-ballyhoo'd TRAFFIC AI is winding its way thru the rusty pipes of beta-test ..

as SQUIRREL shows us, it is looking mighty-fine indeed .. it's a good start

ETS2 - Reviewing the NEW AI in the 1.9.0 Public Beta ~ 23 min

traffic yield to indicators: ......................... [ ] no .. [x] yes (fear me!)
traffic yield to backing out: ....................... [x] no .. [ ] yes
traffic change lanes to avoid your hazzardy ass: [ ] no .. [x] yes (when it can)
better "roundabout" behavior ..................... [ ] no .. [x] .. as an American, I wouldn't know how to behave in a roundabout

In the past, when somebody saw an AI car do something wonky, they'd say: "oh, that's a bug, they gotta fix that" ... do people do wonky things while driving? .. people do. Several times I was stuck under an overpass waiting for an endless stream of cars coming off the freeway, and I was boxed in and could not help myself .. so I exited the game and came back to an empty street .. hopefully that's changed
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

KDH wrote: better "roundabout" behavior ..................... [ ] no .. [x] .. as an American, I wouldn't know how to behave in a roundabout
We have one near us here in Florida that was built a few years ago and I swear sometimes people get stuck in it and just go round and round :D .

Good report on the AI update. With my new rig the game looks a lot nicer, although the basic ETS2 graphics are pretty bland. Still, I do enjoy an evening's drive through Europe once in a while, hauling delicate Dresden china as I plow headlong over curbs, dividers and the occasional little Fiat :D
KDH

Post by KDH »

just go round and round

sounds like a scene from National Lampoon's European Vacation

:pop: Chevy Chase, et al
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Hey, look kids! There's Big Ben, and there's Parliament.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

jztemple2 wrote:Nothing's been posted here in awhile, so I thought I'd post something interesting I found near Tangiers (I'm using the TSM map mod):

Image (click to enlarge)
Sure that's not Malaysia?
Stop funding for NPR
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

Poor taste.
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Now that I have my new computer with a much better video card it was time to head back on the road! Things look a lot prettier when you can crank up all the graphics to max and still run at 60 fps :)

On my way across the desert I found this oil field. I guess it's an oil field. Looks impressive:

I'm pulling into Algiers to catch the ferry to Barcelona. It's very up to date in Algiers, they have fancy trains:

Still, they remember their heritage. Here's an old plane on a plinth:

We arrive in Barcelona in the early morning:

It's a nice drive from Barcelona to Bologna, although I did run across them doing some road work:

I was a nice drive, listening to EKR Rock Radio from the UK (via the internet feed). However, it's getting late, so I'm off to bed. More trucking tomorrow, maybe...
KDH

Post by KDH »

There's a rock concert in the middle of italy ... not sure how to get you there

with the usual Trucksim Map (TSM) .. a bit NW of Bologna, you will see a small route (SS63) .. and on my config, a BCP company logo destination (your config may vary)

I think .. I say, I say, I say .. I think it's there

(*whew, a little foghorn leghorn moment there)

(I don't have an image-posting acct)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Am I doing something wrong trying to use my Xbox 360 controller for this game?

I set the controller to be recognized by my computer. i can use it in other games. But when I start ET2 and go to play my profile it shows the top two types of controlling the game as clickable but the bottom one which I need for the console controller is unselectable. What am I doing wrong?
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Daehawk wrote:Am I doing something wrong trying to use my Xbox 360 controller for this game?

I set the controller to be recognized by my computer. i can use it in other games. But when I start ET2 and go to play my profile it shows the top two types of controlling the game as clickable but the bottom one which I need for the console controller is unselectable. What am I doing wrong?
I'm using an Xbox 360 controller with no problems. It's been a while since I got ETS2 but I don't recall having to do anything special. I'm a bit confused by your statement "I set the controller to be recognized by my computer". When I plugged my X360 controller into my computer running Win7 it recognized it automatically. What version of Windows are you using?

Also, you need to have the controller plugged in before you start the game. That caught me out one time. Other than that, I can't think of anything else. I searched the ETS2 Steam forum but no luck with anyone describing your problem.