stimpy

Re: Humble Bundles

Post by stimpy »

DOOM + jumping puzzles = NO
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yeah, I don't have too many gaming purchase regrets from the last 5 years, but that last DOOM game was a huge, huge disappointment.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

not really a cheap one, but an interesting bundle for sure:

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/in-c ... -gems-2022
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Would anyone with Humble Choice be willing to buy a game and gift it to me?
It's currently onsale of the next 20 hours or so and I'm on the fence.
The extra $4 off if you have Choice would push me.
I can pay via Paypal in advance.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Which one?
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Earth Defense Force 5
He/Him/His/Porcupine
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

stimpy wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:51 pm Earth Defense Force 5
it would be $23.19 after i purchase - do you still want it?
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

hitbyambulance wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:24 pm
stimpy wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:51 pm Earth Defense Force 5
it would be $23.19 after i purchase - do you still want it?
That's without the Choice discount, right?
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

With full discount should be $19 (18.89)
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Kasey Chang wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:44 pm With full discount should be $19 (18.89)
Sounds right.
Are you able to do it, Kasey?
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Sure, I'll buy it and gift it to you. Send me PM so I can give you the Giftable link.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Kasey Chang wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:20 am Sure, I'll buy it and gift it to you. Send me PM so I can give you the Giftable link.
PM sent!!
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Ah, crap, I think I missed the extra sale, it's back up to 21.89...
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Kasey Chang wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:42 pm Ah, crap, I think I missed the extra sale, it's back up to 21.89...
Thanks for following up and doing this Kasey!!
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

You had to know it was coming - pay $25 to get 28 Pathfinder 2E books via the latest book bundle:
Limitless adventure awaits—and this epic bundle from Paizo is the perfect way to join the thriving community of rangers, rogues, and sorcerers in the Pathfinder 2nd Edition tabletop role-playing game! This digital adventurer’s kit is packed with everything new heroes need to embark on their own saga, plus tons of RPG resources to power countless adventures to come:

Outfit yourself with essentials including the digital Pathfinder 2E Beginner Box and Core Rulebook.
Discover the perils that await in the Abomination Vaults Adventure Path (plus Foundry Virtual Tabletop version) and more campaign ebooks.
Get resources to enhance your journey, including guides to the Pathfinder world, expanded character options, digital pawns & maps, and more.
Hrothgar

Post by Hrothgar »

It looks like April's Humble Choice is going to be one of the good months:

Enlarge Image

I think people here have recommended at least half the games.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Some of the recent bundles are actually interesting to me, but I don't have money to get them all, unfortunately.

On the Games side, it seems there's a roguelike deckbuilders bundle, that includes the cult favorite, fights in tight spaces.

On the books side, there's quite a few interesting ones. I'm kinda interested in cybersecurity one, but I already bought Wiley's Cybersecurity stuff in 2022 (and 2020).

On the software side, there's "Guide to ChatGPT and AI", "Learn Coding Mega Bundle", and probably the most intriguing, Ultimate Animation Bundle including Moho Pro, which is $30 and includes 3 asset packs, when it's REALLY regularly about $300. Animation is something I want to get into, and I can kinda see myself combining some art generated through Midjourney or Bluewillow, touched up, and animated through something like this, for fun, maybe as visual explainers.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Darn the book bundle is looking interesting. the Wiley/Sybex Cert series is interesting, and I can use a bit more A+ cert prep.

But I can see the RPG guides calling out to me. :D And that cybersecurity and Forensics bundle hadn't left my mind. Given I'm starting a tech support job soon, I think I'll get the Cert one, and think about the RPG one a bit more. :)
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

July's Choice might be the first Bundle I actually get; it's been like two years I think:

Outer World's Spacer's Choice
Yakuza 4 Remastered

Plus a few of the B-tier titles look interesting (Roadwarden, Merchant of the Skies, Ozymandias) too.
Chraolic

Post by Chraolic »

Nice. I'm definitely getting that one.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I have the original Outer Worlds. Is the Spacer's Choice edition or upgrade something I need? Ive not played the game yet. Does it add new areas and graphics?
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition is the ultimate way to play the award-winning RPG from Obsidian Entertainment and Private Division. Including the base game and all DLC, this remastered masterpiece is the absolute best version of The Outer Worlds.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Isgrimnur wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:16 pm
The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition is the ultimate way to play the award-winning RPG from Obsidian Entertainment and Private Division. Including the base game and all DLC, this remastered masterpiece is the absolute best version of The Outer Worlds.
That's the advertising blurb. The actual product had serious, serious issues. From what I read a couple of weeks ago, many of them still aren't fixed. Make sure you read up before you 'upgrade.'

Here, if you want the low-effort version:

(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Blackhawk wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:47 pm That's the advertising blurb. The actual product had serious, serious issues. From what I read a couple of weeks ago, many of them still aren't fixed. Make sure you read up before you 'upgrade.'
Hmmm..I didn't realize any of this. Maybe it *won't* be the first Humble monthly bundle I pay for in ~2 years...Thanks! For some reason I thought people were really focused on price of the re-release and not so much the tech elements.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

On the flip side, I found Shotgun King to be amusing for several hours over the past couple days. As a chess fan, it is an interesting and fun puzzle game.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Daehawk wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:14 pm I have the original Outer Worlds. Is the Spacer's Choice edition or upgrade something I need? Ive not played the game yet. Does it add new areas and graphics?
Just graphics, and it was like $10 or $15 upgrade for existing owners, if you want to pay for that. I didn't.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

coopasonic wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:16 am On the flip side, I found Shotgun King to be amusing for several hours over the past couple days. As a chess fan, it is an interesting and fun puzzle game.
this was actually one i had my eye on. for $7 for the whole bundle, it was a no-brainer
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

The Outer Worlds already needs a graphics remaster?

Yeesh, it seems like it didn’t release long enough ago to warrant that.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Blackhawk wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:47 pm That's the advertising blurb. The actual product had serious, serious issues. From what I read a couple of weeks ago, many of them still aren't fixed. Make sure you read up before you 'upgrade.'
I did watch the video (thanks) and I'm confident at the time the complaints were valid. However, after perusing the comments on Steam, it seems many of the issues he raised 4+ months ago have been addressed through recent patches. I'm not sure if they've all been fixed but I'm going to watch some more and see how things look closer to the end of the month when the Bundle actually charges.

I checked and the last time I actually purchased a monthly choice package was November of 2021; I'm not their core customer base. :)
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

hitbyambulance wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:32 pm
coopasonic wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:16 am On the flip side, I found Shotgun King to be amusing for several hours over the past couple days. As a chess fan, it is an interesting and fun puzzle game.
this was actually one i had my eye on. for $7 for the whole bundle, it was a no-brainer
I am still enjoying Shotgun King. Kind of surprised to see I am over 13 hours now.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

the new Arcade at Home bundle is one i'm going to have to get

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/athome-arcade

Trail Out looks like a FlatOut clone (which i loved the original of and have said so here multiple times)
RedOut II is of course a WipeOut clone (which i also loved)
River City Girls is of course a River City Rampage clone (which i aaaalllso loved)
Terror of Hemasaurus is a Rampage clone (nuff said)
and there's a video pinball table (the Indiana Jones one)
a remake of House of the Dead
and Mortal Kombat 11 (why not)
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Went to redeem my July Humble keys and was told that for The Outer Worlds, "keys are temporarily exhausted" and that I would be emailed when they were back. It's been 4 days. This feels...less than ideal for a gaming service, no?

To be clear, I'm absolutely not going to play it, but the fact that I paid for it and can't get it 4+ days later? That's not cool.
Chraolic

Post by Chraolic »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:43 pm Went to redeem my July Humble keys and was told that for The Outer Worlds, "keys are temporarily exhausted" and that I would be emailed when they were back. It's been 4 days. This feels...less than ideal for a gaming service, no?

To be clear, I'm absolutely not going to play it, but the fact that I paid for it and can't get it 4+ days later? That's not cool.
I had to wait like six months for a Lego Star Wars key from the Starlight bundle from last year, so I'm also less than impressed with how they handle those things. It's not like they even have to ship anything, they just need to contact the publishers and make sure they get as many keys as they've sold.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

6 months?? That's beyond unacceptable. I can understand a few days based on unanticipated demand, but 6 months is absurd.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

From what I understand, it's out of Humble's hands. Once they run out of keys, they can't just grab some more, they have to go looking for a supplier.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/band ... nd-fantasy

an actually decent priced HB for the first time in a long time
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

They also have 37 issues of the Creepy Comics archives for folks looking for a great Halloween comic book collection. It's like 145 issues all told, so there's a LOT of stories for 18 bucks or more. The Bernie Wrightson archive alone is worth the price of admission.
Covfefe!
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Definitely grabbing that Creepy bundle. I grabbed the Eerie bundle they did a couple of weeks ago. They're really high quality PDFs.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

I picked up the "Fright of Your Life" 8 game bundle which is really good IMO.

I basically wanted it for Stasis: Bone Totem (because I really liked the original...Stasis, and this one is supposed to be even better), as well as Pathologic 2, which is truly a disturbing, very Halloweeny game. Do not play if depressed!! :P

It also has Alan Wake if for some crazy reason you don't already own 3 copies of that (not the remastered version, but the superior OG).

I've been playing some of the others in the bundle and really enjoying them as well (this is huge for me, trust me).

So far, very fun:
Hidden Deep
Moons of Madness (not sure if this one is Cthulu related but it's sure starting to feel that way...very slow burn initially but it's starting to pick up)

$13 Bundle Includes:​
Alan Wake: Collector's Edition
Note: This is the original 2012 release for PC (not 2021's Alan Wake Remastered)
Tormented Souls
Stasis: Bone Totem
Bendy and the Dark Revival
Bendy and the Ink Machine
Hidden Deep
Pathologic 2
Moons of Madness
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Humble has this at 25% off at $17.24...its like Stargate and Evil Genius.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/exogate-initiative

Enlarge Image

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"