Othello, The Moor of Venice (GAME OVER!)

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

triggercut

Re: Othello, The Moor of Venice (GAME ON!)

Post by triggercut »

Lassr wrote:so basically I think we are screwed if Chaosraven is not the foe.
Perhaps. We lynch you today, and him tomorrow.
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

What we know:

1. Emilia, if alive, is still a goodguy. I think Emilia is dead. My scan is the last item on the sequence of play at night, though, so if Emilia is in the game, she's a goodguy. No one on team evil has any idea who has the handkerchief. Therefore: we are searching for Iago. He's all that's left.

2. theohall claimed to have the handkerchief. No one counterclaimed him. There would be no way for the Foes to know that. He could have been counterclaimed, but wasn't. I see no way that theohall is Iago.

3. Holman....I dunno. Perhaps he's Iago. If so, congrats, you may end up winning your first game ever! Has always pinged my radar as an enthusiastic, but that enthusiasm was because it's his first game, not because of him having a powered role.

4. CR is usually never this quiet, and especially never this quiet when he's got a role on either side.

5. newcastle *could* be Iago. Absolutely could be. It would've been an all-in risk/reward play for the badguys to make on Day 2 though, hoping that either Qantaga or LL were Desdemona. If newcastle is Desdemona, grats...what a crazy way to play!

6. Lassr...pinged my radar enough to make me want to scan him, continues to ping my radar. I think he has a role, and that role is Iago.

But...I could be wrong!
theohall

Post by theohall »

I think Lassr pointing at RMC's comments about CR is a smoke screen to distract us from RMC not really talking about Lassr.

This should be N-1 (again). Seems everyone has said something already, so...

Lassr 

Holman

Post by Holman »

If we're at N-1, what is the etiquette of my choosing Lassr? I don't want to cast a deciding vote if it's too early. Does he get a final appeal?

What say ye, me chaps?
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Thursday: Votes
  • Lassr acc Chaosraven(1)
  • triggercut acc Lassr(1)
  • Newcastle acc Lassr(2)
  • Chaosraven acc Lassr(3)
  • Newcastle wd Lassr(2)
  • theohall acc Lassr(3)

Against Chaosraven(1): Lassr
Against Lassr(3): triggercut, Newcastle, Chaosraven, theohall

Votes requires for a majority: 4

No vote registered:
Holman, Newcastle

Men of Infinite Jest
  • Lagom Lite
  • Qantaga
  • Remus West
  • bb2112
  • RMC
  • stessier
theohall

Post by theohall »

Holman wrote:If we're at N-1, what is the etiquette of my choosing Lassr? I don't want to cast a deciding vote if it's too early. Does he get a final appeal?

What say ye, me chaps?
Give it a few hours to see how others reply. If no one votes quickly on this, it is likely Lassr is the bad guy. Waiting right now on your part is a very good thing, since it suggests you are truly a Venetian Gentleman.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

finish him is what i say

lassr 

Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
theohall

Post by theohall »

:doh:

I hope you are right, Newcastle.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

a. he's high on my suspect list and has been this whole game. Seems evil lassr.
b. I do have a fall back suspect to toy with tomorrow if this doesnt work out.
c. the teensy bit of doubt that ihave is that lassr & Rmc really didnt interact nor associate. But this in itself is a bit damning...since RMC hopes on the CR train after others push it...but tries to initially go for Theo...BUT he never goes for Lassr.
-i reserve the right to turn this reasoning on its head and go for theo or CR tomorrow.

It almost seems as if they were avoiding each other.

IF lassr aint it... i think its theo...but we'll see.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

I'm just getting my scooping out of my system...2 final kills in a game...WOOOO-AHHHHH.

If it aint Lassr...i think its theo. Pure and simple.

CR gets a pass
Holman gets a pass...due to not having a good vibe on him (but i can revisit it.)
Bayraktar!!!!

triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Newcastle wrote:I'm just getting my scooping out of my system...2 final kills in a game...WOOOO-AHHHHH.

CR gets a pass
Holman gets a pass...due to not having a good vibe on him (but i can revisit it.)
if theo is a badguy, then you're Iago. Just saying.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

triggercut wrote:
Newcastle wrote:I'm just getting my scooping out of my system...2 final kills in a game...WOOOO-AHHHHH.

CR gets a pass
couple reasons why he's my back up-
1. Why mention you started w/ the hankie? Why even bring that up when an emilia scan can still toss her to the evil side. IT doesnt make sense. Zero. If you had the hankie, you sit on that information.
-it might clear you, kind of, i mean..not 100% but it opens up team good to more negative actions than positive (ie loss of numbers)

2. His brushes w/ RMC seem akin to partners brushing toward each other. I am not 100% sold on lassr being the last bad guy, but am willing to roll the dice that he is. He is in the top two of my suspect list.
Bayraktar!!!!

theohall

Post by theohall »

Newcastle wrote:
triggercut wrote:

CR gets a pass
couple reasons why he's my back up-
1. Why mention you started w/ the hankie? Why even bring that up when an emilia scan can still toss her to the evil side. IT doesnt make sense. Zero. If you had the hankie, you sit on that information.
-it might clear you, kind of, i mean..not 100% but it opens up team good to more negative actions than positive (ie loss of numbers)

2. His brushes w/ RMC seem akin to partners brushing toward each other. I am not 100% sold on lassr being the last bad guy, but am willing to roll the dice that he is. He is in the top two of my suspect list.
Reason: We suspect Emilia is dead. Knowing who has the Hankie helps us narrow the field to find the one remaining bad guy if Emilia is dead. Yes, it was a risk. Sometimes we have to take risks to catch bad guys. Your quick vote after N-1 really concerns me. It's the kind of thing bad guys do when they have the chance to kill someone, because they know that person is good. We'll see whenever Grund gets back.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

I'm turning over a new leaf in my WW games...i'm channeling scoop and going in w/ the quick kills. try to shake up my gameplay...ya know make it interesting. Gonna be happening in my next games too...gonna be scoop part 2! :D

I still dont like the hanky move. Even if you think Emilia is dead, you dont say that you got it. We dont know she's dead, we think maybe. But no way do we know it. I dont like the risk you took with the game there with so much uncertainty still in play. Only 4 people who were gone/dead had a chance of being emmilia with still 3-4 people still left (need to do a precise count).

just because they didnt come out and claim their role yesterday dont mean they arent around. Would you come out? If I had the role, I'd stay true to the role and keep scanning.
Bayraktar!!!!

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Good luck. This was the avenue I was going to suggest. Take me out so I cannot be a distraction tomorrow.

I hate the last day decisions, I do not envy your situation tomorrow.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Lassr wrote:Good luck. This was the avenue I was going to suggest. Take me out so I cannot be a distraction tomorrow.

any suspects?
Bayraktar!!!!

triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Newcastle wrote:I'm turning over a new leaf in my WW games...i'm channeling scoop and going in w/ the quick kills. try to shake up my gameplay...ya know make it interesting. Gonna be happening in my next games too...gonna be scoop part 2! :D

I still dont like the hanky move. Even if you think Emilia is dead, you dont say that you got it. We dont know she's dead, we think maybe. But no way do we know it. I dont like the risk you took with the game there with so much uncertainty still in play. Only 4 people who were gone/dead had a chance of being emmilia with still 3-4 people still left (need to do a precise count).

just because they didnt come out and claim their role yesterday dont mean they arent around. Would you come out? If I had the role, I'd stay true to the role and keep scanning.
Think it through.

1. We have every reason to believe Emilia is dead. She did not come forward on Day 3 at all, when that's the smart play for an unconverted Emilia to make (smart play after I revealed that RMC was caught).

2. If you really are Desdemona, then you scanning as goodguy to me means that there's even more evidence that Emilia is dead and out of the game.

3. theohall came forward with a claim that could have been countered by any other player in the game if he'd been lying. No one countered him.

4. Therefore, I trust theohall. Sorry, but whatever his interactions may have been, the logic applied to evidence on actions says he's to be more trusted than you, frankly.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Newcastle wrote:
Lassr wrote:Good luck. This was the avenue I was going to suggest. Take me out so I cannot be a distraction tomorrow.

any suspects?

as quickly as you voted I'm beginning to rethink your alignment.

I felt sure it was Chaosraven. I do agree it is unusual for him to be this quiet as a bad guy but I also know work has interfered with his participation.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

hmm kind of regretting voting you down now so quickly Lassr (not the quickness, just the self doubt now...since am gonna roll with scoop voting people in the future).

-triggercut - its a great move to "claim it" and take a chance that he real hankie person is dead as well. Again, I dont think its a wise move to come out. just me. We're lookign at the same thing with different ideas. yeah he wasn't counter claimed...but that really doesnt mean much, they could be dead. If someone else had the hankie who's still alive...then ya know...they should counter it.

but as evil there were what 4 dead folks already? (lagom, remus, BB, & Q?) so 4/11 (i think thats the number) were dead...we'll say 40% chance of him pulling it off...then toss in the fact that RMC was evil...and 2 other specials were out...it really came down 1 out to 4 other people (theo, CR, LAssr, and Holman) not having hte hankie....better than 50/50 odds that he could get away with claiming the hankie...and him being able to coast into the end....IF he (theo) is in fact the zerker.

So almost really good odds he can get away with it, is what i am saying.

but I'll revisit this tomorrow if we miss and try to start with a fresh perspective.
Bayraktar!!!!

Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Thursday: Votes
  • Lassr acc Chaosraven(1)
  • triggercut acc Lassr(1)
  • Newcastle acc Lassr(2)
  • Chaosraven acc Lassr(3)
  • Newcastle wd Lassr(2)
  • theohall acc Lassr(3)
  • Newcastle acc Lassr(4), killing him.

Against Chaosraven(1): Lassr
Against Lassr(4): triggercut, Newcastle, Chaosraven, theohall, Newcastle

Votes requires for a majority: 4

Voting is closed.

No vote registered: Holman

Men of Infinite Jest
  • Lagom Lite
  • Qantaga
  • Remus West
  • bb2112
  • RMC
  • stessier
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Well, here's our first attempt....
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

O: "It gives me wonder great as my content to see you here before me. O my soul's joy! If after every tempest come such calms, may the winds blow till they have waken'd death! And let the labouring bark climb hills of seas Olympus-high and duck again as low as hell's from heaven!

If it were now to die, 'twere now to be most happy; for, I fear, my soul hath her content so absolute that not another comfort like to this succeeds in unknown fate."

D: "The heavens forbid but that our loves and comforts should increase, even as our days do grow!"
Patrolling the streets, Othello comes upon Lassr in an altercation with several other citizens. Saving questions for later, Othello draws his sword and pierces Lassr through the spleen. As he chokes on his own bile and gasps for breath, he utters his final words: "Sorry about the, er..., misunderstanding."

Lassr was an inhuman dog!

True Love Conquers All!

Dramatis personae:

Othello: triggercut
Desdemona: Newcastle
Michael Cassio: stessier
Iago: Lassr
Roderigo: RMC
Emilia: Qantaga
Venetian Gentleman 1: bb2112
Venetian Gentleman 2: Chaosraven
Venetian Gentleman 3: Holman
Venetian Gentleman 4: Lagom Lite
Venetian Gentleman 5: Remus West
Venetian Gentleman 6, Handkerchief-bearer: theohall

Events:

Sunday Night

Cassio: stessier (Cassio)
Team Evil: Lagom Lite (Venetian G)
Roderigo: Qantaga (Emilia)
Emilia: Lagom Lite (Venetian G)
Othello: stessier (Cassio) (foe)

Monday
Executed: Remus West (an honest man)

Monday Night
Cassio: Newcastle
Team Evil: Qantaga
Roderigo: Chaosraven (Venetian G)
Emilia: Remus West (Venetian G)
Othello: Lassr (Iago) (foe)

Tuesday
Executed: bb2112 (an honest man)

Tuesday Night
Cassio: stessier (Cassio)
Team Evil: stessier (blocked)
Roderigo: Newcastle (not a Venetian G)
Emilia: -dead-
Othello: RMC (foe)

Wednesday
Executed: RMC (a knave)

Wednesday Night
Cassio: triggercut (OBE)
Team Evil: stessier (slain)
Roderigo: -dead-
Emilia: -dead-
Othello: Newcastle (friend)

Thursday
Executed: RMC (an inhuman dog)

Spoiler Forum (read-only, no registration needed): http://inhumandog.freeforums.org
Last edited by Grundbegriff on Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

triggercut wrote:4. CR is usually never this quiet, and especially never this quiet when he's got a role on either side.
Now, to be fair, I did specifically try to stay quiet in the game where redrun and I were the wolves at the beginning. But, yeah, *GENERALLY* I have too much to say.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Ha! Lassr did kill LL and Q!
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

talk about constantly rolling snake eyes in this game...

the odds kept stacking and stacking against us as the game went along.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

bb2112 wrote:Ha! Lassr did kill LL and Q!
but only because Q was not a venetian gentleman. Ended up being Emilia and that started our downhill slide.

LL was just a random target

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

behind the scenes of the key moment:
Iago wrote:let's look at it from stessier point of view.

Say he chooses to protect himself and we kill triggercut like we should. The next day he'd have a big target on his head because it would appear he is Rodrigo and not Cassio since he did not protect the seer. So he would most likely be lynched making it easier for us. If I was stessier I would protect Othello to ensure the one more scan and avoid the nightmare scenario I just mentioned. The question is would stessier actually think this way. He's not a dumb player.
Iago wrote:so back to what would stessier do.

I can honestly see him go the safe route and I can see him take the chance and protect himself.

So wise kill with trig or bold kill with stessier.
Iago wrote:
Roderigo wrote:This is night 3. So night one self protect. Night two, was it Trig??? Hmmm...

So night three he has a chance of protecting either himself or Trig, if trig was not night two protection... Hmmm..

I guess I would gamble that he would be able to protect trig and would go that way. So we should kill Stess. Right?
it is a gamble. That is what I am leaning. I think stessier would want to guarantee one more scan for trig by protecting him. As I said though, I would not be shocked if he protected himself though. He's a smart cookie and may guess our intentions here.

Hey, it's just a game. I think it's worth the gamble.

Oh and scan whoever, not that it matters.

Let me know when you are comfortable with a decision. I keep thinking if I was the protector I would protect trig and not risk the other gambit.
Your hero is stessier for making the bold foolish crazy ass move. :P

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

still saw avenues for victory. We thought it would be fun for RMC to state the truth about Q being EMilia because you would never believe him and think EMilia was in play. I was so hoping No one would pick up on scanning Newcastle to find out the truth but didn't happen. That's Ok, Chaosraven and theohall were still options but then theohall said he had the handkerchief and that's when I knew I was screwed.

Black Lives Matter
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

I'll have more thoughts in a bit, but preliminarily: what a fascinating, interesting rules set. I was pretty down on Othello's unreliability as a Seer, but as the game played out, we made it work for us.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

"I'm not a witch. I'm your wife."

:lol:
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

And yeah, stessier saved the entire game for the goodguys. The night he warded off the attack was the night I scanned RMC. Had I been the target of the attack, things would likely have gone dramatically different.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

I can't believe you guys lynched me in an hour and a half. No discussion, just bam. From 2:32 to 4:03 last Thursday.

And I agree with Lassr. Stess made the move of the game protecting himself. Trig also did a nice job of scanning.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Yeah..Lassr suspected Stess, and I should have gone with the safe kill Trig vote. Ah well... Unlucky us. We killed our own possible convert, and we thought what are the odds, we had to have gotten the scanner... :)

But we didn't....
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Holman

Post by Holman »

Well I enjoyed myself, and I didn't even get murdered!

I wonder what it would have been like to be a special. And I'm looking forward to another game.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

bb2112 wrote:I can't believe you guys lynched me in an hour and a half. No discussion, just bam. From 2:32 to 4:03 last Thursday.

And I agree with Lassr. Stess made the move of the game protecting himself. Trig also did a nice job of scanning.
the scoop train ..giveth the scoop train taketh!
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Lassr wrote:still saw avenues for victory. We thought it would be fun for RMC to state the truth about Q being EMilia because you would never believe him and think EMilia was in play. I was so hoping No one would pick up on scanning Newcastle to find out the truth but didn't happen. That's Ok, Chaosraven and theohall were still options but then theohall said he had the handkerchief and that's when I knew I was screwed.
how did you learn Q's real identity? I thought if you killed someone you didnt learn their role? Was I wrong? Or was there some other mechanic?
Bayraktar!!!!

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

we knew after everyone revealed.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

RMC wrote:Yeah..Lassr suspected Stess, and I should have gone with the safe kill Trig vote. Ah well... Unlucky us. We killed our own possible convert, and we thought what are the odds, we had to have gotten the scanner... :)

But we didn't....
I said I would take the blame so I own up to it. I really wanted to kill stess. RMC originally wanted to go after trig.

Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Lassr wrote:we knew after everyone revealed.
duh me
Bayraktar!!!!

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Well played! I've been reading along all game.

I think RMC and Lassr played a solid game. They made no mistakes really, they were just unlucky. And stessier is our hero.
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club