Cyberpunk 2077 from the makers of The Witcher

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

coopasonic

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 from the makers of The Witcher

Post by coopasonic »

Octavious wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:05 pm Amazing how good it is now compared to when it came out.
I don't think it's all that amazing now compared when it came out since it was also amazing then. If you had a system to play it on that could handle it. :D But maybe that's just me. To me the only meaningful improvement between then and now is getting rid of all the texts about cars being available (and quantity of texts in general).
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

disarm wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:46 am
Now I just have to decide what route I'm going with my character... already leaning toward a stealthy netrunner, but haven't made a weapon choice yet (melee/blades vs small guns). So many choices already...
If I may be so bold, try a knife-throwing stealth V. All the damage of a pistol (and more) without ever needing ammo. Just three knives, one in each weapon slot. It's almost broken, and fun as hell.
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins
Brian

Post by Brian »

and if you play through the DLC and finish off a certain boss, he has an awesome knife/pistol combo.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

coopasonic wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:13 pm
Octavious wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:05 pm Amazing how good it is now compared to when it came out.
I don't think it's all that amazing now compared when it came out since it was also amazing then. If you had a system to play it on that could handle it. :D But maybe that's just me. To me the only meaningful improvement between then and now is getting rid of all the texts about cars being available (and quantity of texts in general).
I think you are totally right. They have definitely polished the shit out of it, and the expansion is great, but it was a gem of a game right at launch playing on a decent PC.
disarm

Post by disarm »

Hyena wrote:
disarm wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:46 am
Now I just have to decide what route I'm going with my character... already leaning toward a stealthy netrunner, but haven't made a weapon choice yet (melee/blades vs small guns). So many choices already...
If I may be so bold, try a knife-throwing stealth V. All the damage of a pistol (and more) without ever needing ammo. Just three knives, one in each weapon slot. It's almost broken, and fun as hell.
Thanks for the tip. I was thinking about a blade-wielding stealth assassin type but wasn't sure I wanted to rely on close quarters combat. Throwing knives might be a cool way to go.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

gbasden wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:53 pm
coopasonic wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:13 pm
I think you are totally right. They have definitely polished the shit out of it, and the expansion is great, but it was a gem of a game right at launch playing on a decent PC.
I did get a totally new computer between then and now which made a huge difference. I was playing it maxed out with DLSS set to balanced and had pretty much a rock solid 60FPS at 1440P.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Brian wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:29 pm and if you play through the DLC and finish off a certain boss, he has an awesome knife/pistol combo.
The path that includes that boss fight is brutal. If I never see the inside of Cynosure again, it'll be too soon.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Max Peck wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:55 pm
Brian wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:29 pm and if you play through the DLC and finish off a certain boss, he has an awesome knife/pistol combo.
The path that includes that boss fight is brutal. If I never see the inside of Cynosure again, it'll be too soon.
You're referring to the stalker robot? Honestly that was one of the most infuriating / frustrating game mechanics I've encountered in any game ever.
Black Lives Matter.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I wish I'd thought to create a manual save just before making the crucial decision at the end of that segment. I'd like to see how the other choice plays out, but I don't really want to replay the entire mission anytime soon.

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna »

The FSR3 frame generation made ray tracing playable for RTX 3060 Ti users. Also since my fps is limited by my low end CPU, frame generation also help with that.

I played for hours and didn't notice any flaw with the frame generation mod. Ray tracing on (at least the reflection on) plus DLSS and FSR3 frame generation make the game playable with good graphic quality.
Brian

Post by Brian »

El Guapo wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:25 pm
You're referring to the stalker robot? Honestly that was one of the most infuriating / frustrating game mechanics I've encountered in any game ever.
The knife/gun combo is from Kurt Hansen.

Specifically, Fang, when thrown, will automatically (I think) cripple the target. The Bald Eagle has a modifier that works with Fang where after crippling an enemy with it, shooting them with the Bald Eagle will instantly dismember them and return Fang to the player.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Brian wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:05 am
El Guapo wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:25 pm
The knife/gun combo is from Kurt Hansen.

Specifically, Fang, when thrown, will automatically (I think) cripple the target. The Bald Eagle has a modifier that works with Fang where after crippling an enemy with it, shooting them with the Bald Eagle will instantly dismember them and return Fang to the player.
Yeah, but making the decision that results in a fight with Hansen also means doing the forced-stealth run through Cynosure and dealing with the un-fight-back-able killer robot.

The pair of weapons' special combo ability sounds cool on paper, but in practice I found that nothing lives long enough to make it really worth the effort. It's almost always simpler and easier to shoot them in the head once or twice. Dead gangoons are just as crippled as ones with a knife in their leg.
Last edited by Max Peck on Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brian

Post by Brian »

To be honest, I didn't actually go down that path. I watched some videos on alternate endings.

I'm very much a shoot very large holes in the baddies as rapidly as possible kind of guy.
Knives/melee are not my jam.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Fang/Bald Eagle could be useful in a boss fight, but I haven't had the opportunity to try them in one. They'd probably be good against cyberpsychos, but I'm staying on Regina's good side by sticking to nonlethal weapons when dealing with those guys.

I've been using a mix of ranged and melee. Bladed weapons really come into their own once you pick up the perks that let you deflect/aim bullets. Woe to the fool who shoots at me while standing next to an explosive fuel tank.

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Three to the skull before the first body hits the ground.

Enlarge Image

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Patch 2.11
Patch 2.11 for Cyberpunk 2077 and Phantom Liberty is being rolled out on PC, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. In this update we focused on fixing the most common issues encountered by players, including Finisher animations, and added a little something for Rayfield enthusiasts!

disarm

Post by disarm »

I'm playing after the patch and it fixed a major annoyance that I had...can finally double-tap B to dodge on the xbox and not end your dodge in a crouch because they use the same button. Might seem like a little thing, but that has been annoying me for countless hours and it's finally fixed!
disarm

Post by disarm »

Sometimes it's the really small details that make for good moments in a game...

I finished the River Ward storyline with my female V, waking up in the morning to have coffee and be on my way. What I didn't realize until the view switched to 3rd-person when I hopped on my motorcycle to ride away is that V wasn't wearing her usual clothes. After the night's activities, V was only wearing River's tank top...a shirt that says "Fuck the Police" on the front. Gave me a little chuckle Image
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Okay, I finished Remnant 2 a while back. And I'm working my way through Horizon Dawn Zero: Forbidden West. Between those, I picked up the new DLC and reinstalled. I have about 50 hours on my save game from my previous run (so about halfway through the game, I think). But I started a new game because I was under the impression that was the best way to get the new stuff post Phantom Liberty. However, I'm just not looking forward to playing another 50 hours to get back to where I was, so I'm having trouble getting myself to play again.

Any tips? Should I just pick up my old save (started after the 2.0 update) and begin again? Or stick with new game and experience everything again?
He won. Period.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

IIRC, there's an option to start a new game with access to Dogtown unlocked from the start, so you can go straight to the Phantom Liberty content. That might be a bit cleaner than picking up from an existing save if you don't remember everything that was going on when you left off.

disarm

Post by disarm »

Max Peck wrote:IIRC, there's an option to start a new game with access to Dogtown unlocked from the start, so you can go straight to the Phantom Liberty content. That might be a bit cleaner than picking up from an existing save if you don't remember everything that was going on when you left off.
This is correct. You can jump straight to Phantom Liberty from a new game and it will put you at level 15 to deal with the increased difficulty.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Would that complete the base campaign? Or just drop me into it further down the line from starting fresh?
He won. Period.
disarm

Post by disarm »

It just drops you into the main game at the beginning of Act 2 with 15 levels and access to the PL area. The events of PL can influence the ending of the main game, so you might still want the ability to see how the whole thing plays out.

Someone else might be able to provide more specific insight. I'm still in my first playthrough of the main game and only know how PL works because I did a little research to figure out when I should start.
Last edited by disarm on Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Thanks, I think I'll do that after I finish up Horizon Dawn Zero FW!
He won. Period.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Mods like these kind of make me want to upgrade my hardware.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Some of that is approaching too realistic. I find myself feeling Im watching a video of real world and I blink and flinch.

Maybe its just my high doing it. Maybe not. I cant imagine even that in a VR helmet.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ok Ive reinstalled this again. I think this is my 3rd go at it since release. I think I have a better chance of getting into the world this time as its been out long enough to have the big patches put in and Ive gotten a bit better hardware. Nothing fancy but it runs smooth now it seems. So maybe this 3rd time really is the charm. Famous last words.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"