Cyberpunk 2077 from the makers of The Witcher

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

gbasden

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 from the makers of The Witcher

Post by gbasden »

Max Peck wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:05 pm I wonder if all these changes to the game will be coming to the base game for people who don't buy the DLC. (Disclosure: I pre-purchased the DLC as soon as they sent me the email saying I could pre-purchase the DLC.)
Me too. I got so many hours of enjoyment out of the base game even at full price that the DLC was an instant pre-order.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I saw flamingos so it's a must buy for me :D
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

You guys seen the rare Xbox One X Cyberpunk 1tb ?

Enlarge Image
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I've seen it before. It's sexy, but I wouldn't want to run the game on that hardware.

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ive installed this again for the 4th time I think it is but haven't made a character yet. Im hesitating because Im not sure i can make a big commitment to it right now. Im heavy into Fallout 76 . I thought I could play 76 along with ESO which I was heavy into but I couldn't and had to drop ESO due to lack of interest after starting and getting into 76. I dont want to abandon 76 after putting so much into the start. Ive only played a couple weeks and I love it. Theres still SO much to do and see.

So Im not sure why I installed 2077 at all. I want to play it now that its patched up. But the commitment seems large.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Patch notes: 1.63

It looks like they're continuing the bug hunt in the lead-up to Phantom Liberty.

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Take a closer look at the new features coming to Cyberpunk 2077 together with the Phantom Liberty expansion!

Some of these features will be also added to the base game — as part of Update 2.0 which will be available on the current-gen consoles and PC!
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

That all looks damn cool. In a way Im sorta glad my pc wasn't able to run this when I won it here on OO. I tried and tried and got a little of the beginning played with tons of crashes and such but gave up. Now I think I can run it and plan to get to it after Fallout 76. That or after another run through Mass Effect 3 since Ive replayed the first two in Legendary Version. Now all the bugs are squashed nearly and a lot of new stuff is added to Cyberpunk so it should be an amazing blast to play through.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

I'm pretty excited about this. I've had the game since it was first released (XMas present) but decided to wait until it was fixed/patched and expansion(s) came out. Looks like it is worth the wait. Guess I will split my time this fall between this and Starfield :)
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I'm reinstalling this to get in some play time before Starfield comes out. However, I'm undecided about whether to continue from my current save when version 2.0 comes out at the end of September or start a new character. There are so many changes I'm not sure I could get up to speed on them before hitting the DLC content if I don't start a new character.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I've played quite a bit, and I will be going back to it once 2.0/the DLC are released, although my (rough) plan is to give it a couple of weeks and see if any significant updates are released (which is what I'd expect after a 2.0.)
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I just played it for awhile after not playing it at all in eighteen months (back in December 2020 was the last time I played it all the way through) and yeah, I'll have to start a new game. I couldn't remember how to do anything and it was rather overwhelming. I've only played two of the three starting characters, Nomad and Street Kid, so I'll just start as a Corpo once the DLC and the 2.0 patch hit the streets.

I'm motivated to replay the whole thing again just so I can check out these beauties again:
Enlarge Image
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

And I'm not the only one, this from PC Gamer: Cyberpunk 2077 'Update 2.0' looks so big that you should probably just start a new game
Cyberpunk 2077's first and only expansion is out next month, but arguably the bigger deal is a larger "Update 2.0" coming along with it. CD Projekt Red has been talking about the ways it's reworking the 2020 RPG's skill trees, armor systems, and police AI since Summer Game Fest, but it was today's Opening Night Live stream that gave us the first look at Update 2.0, as well as the new toys in the Phantom Liberty expansion, in action.

Probably the single biggest overhaul to Cyberpunk's guts is the skill trees, which will have new perks to complement playstyles that take the place of the old minuscule percentage upgrades. We see a few of these in the trailer—a bullet-deflecting skill for katanas (a godsend if you previously tried to play a blades build), new executions for melee weapons, an air dash, a strength ability that lets you literally toss bodies, and a snazzy revolver skill that looks like Cassidy's Deadeye ultimate.

Those new perks, which will be implemented into the vanilla Cyberpunk experience, are separate from a new tree of "Relic" abilities exclusive to Phantom Liberty owners. These look overpowered, to put it mildly—a Mantis Blades upgrade that lets you leap toward targets like a Left 4 Dead Hunter or a Gorilla Arms equivalent that turns your first into gravity hammers.

If you've been deliberating whether or not to start a new Cyberpunk 2077 save in anticipation of Phantom Liberty, I'm officially convinced it's a good idea. It sounds like it'll be possible to respec an existing character to the new perk trees, but the skills sound different enough that it'd be less jarring to unlock them gradually.

Not to mention the other changes that will, in theory, make old missions feel new. Update 2.0 also adds car combat, which actually means a few different things: V can now use guns while driving, hack other cars Watch Dogs-style to make them out of control, and some cars are actually outfitted with guns themselves (though that last one might be a Phantom Liberty thing). Filling those car chases is the newly enhanced NCPD AI that will give chase, set up roadblocks, and attempt to ram V off the road. CDPR has come a long way from teleporting cop ambushes.

While the Update 2.0 improvements sound invigorating, I don't think I'd be signing up for playthrough three without that new Phantom Liberty expansion in the mix. Players will apparently gain access to Phantom Liberty content at around the middle of the main story. I wouldn't push too far past that point before going to Dogtown, because CDPR says that's where you'll find "new clothing items, weapons, cyberware, and more."

I played the beginning of Phantom Liberty at Summer Game Fest and was psyched to discover the expansion's new district, Dogtown, is actually an add-on of Night City's tragically underused Pacifica region. Though we don't know how long the expansion is, my 90-minute demo gave the impression that it's a standalone story similar to The Witcher 3's Blood and Wine.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

jztemple2 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:08 pm I'm motivated to replay the whole thing again just so I can check out these beauties again:
Enlarge Image
:?
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

You know he's referring to the flamingos, right?

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

TheMix wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:56 pm You know he's referring to the flamingos, right?
I'm confused as to the logistics of how you shove neon flamingos up there.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

TheMix wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:56 pm You know he's referring to the flamingos, right?
No, I was assuming he was, but just because he collects flamingos doesn't mean that he doesn't have 'other' collections.

That, and I wanted to quote it for posterity.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Then I guess I'm confused by your use of the confused smilie. Which I interpreted to mean that you didn't understand why he posted a picture of a bunch of dildos.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

TheMix wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:42 pm Then I guess I'm confused by your use of the confused smilie. Which I interpreted to mean that you didn't understand why he posted a picture of a bunch of dildos.
Was that what those were? I didn't even pay attention after I saw the neon flamingos :roll:
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

To be fair, most of them are butt plugs rather than dildos per se (hence product names like Crack O'Dawn and Corkker).

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

This is true. The last one I read, however, was "The Long Arm of the Law". Which I assumed (hoped!) was a dildo. But you are correct, I should have said "a bunch of butt plugs and dildos".

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Blackhawk wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:26 pm That, and I wanted to quote it for posterity.
Since it's an external image link, you're going to have to rehost it ensure it stays preserved.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

TheMix wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:42 pm Then I guess I'm confused by your use of the confused smilie. Which I interpreted to mean that you didn't understand why he posted a picture of a bunch of dildos.
I used the face to express being (faux) disturbed.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Build Planner
With Update 2.0, we have completely redesigned the perks and skill trees to give you the freedom and flexibility to become the cyberpunk that you truly want to be. With a range of brand-new abilities that open up unique approaches to combat, stealth, hacking, and more, you’ll be able to take down your foes in exciting, creative ways that they won’t ever see coming!

Our vision for this new system was to have fewer, but way more impactful, perks for players to choose from. Instead of getting multiple low percentage increases to your damage, you will now get many opportunities to unlock completely different abilities that modify the way you play.

Everyone who continues their playthrough after downloading Update 2.0 will have the one-time chance to redistribute all of their attribute points in order to adapt to the new system. Perk points can be redistributed at any point outside of combat.

With so many new ways to build your character, we wanted players to experiment with their attributes and perk points without the need to commit to it in-game.

For this, we created theCyberpunk 2077 Build Planner! It’s a fully fledged system that works in your browser — with it, you can plan out and theorycraft many different builds for your personal Cyberpunk character. If you’re particularly proud of a certain build, you can even share it with your chooms!

The Build Planner includes trees from the base game as well as the Relic skill tree from Phantom Liberty — this means you can plan out your builds regardless of which version of the game you own.

If you’re in need of some inspiration, we asked our developers to share their favorite builds with us. Check them out in action and dive into the builds perk by perk!
https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/build-planner

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I've been wanting to give this another look after my initial run got entirely derailed by bugs (oh my god...so many bugs) and have been waiting for 2.0 to drop before jumping in again.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I'll be in on Phantom Liberty day 1. I need more games so I can stop messing around with Starfield.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I haven't decided whether to do this day one or not. I might still be Starfielding and both Assassin's Creed Mirage and Forza Motorsport (2023) come out the next week. Ah, to always have these kinds of problems :D
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

From PC Gamer, Forget Phantom Liberty, Cyberpunk 2077's free 2.0 patch is a staggering upgrade on its own
Last month I declared that Cyberpunk 2077's "Update 2.0" looks so big that you should probably just start a new game to experience it. Allow me to put my money where my mouth is: I spun up a new save with the upcoming 2.0 update installed (but not the Phantom Liberty expansion). What will Cyberpunk be like for new players going forward?

Pretty darn different, it turns out. Quests are the same, but the way you play has changed drastically. I'm not even done with the prologue yet (not ready to let go of Jackie), but I'm convinced: start a new game, because this is not the RPG you played three years ago.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I just installed CP to try. When is the 2.0 update? Ill wait on that to start a game
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Daehawk wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:46 pm When is the 2.0 update?
9/21/23
Maybe next year, maybe no go
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

The 2.0 update releases on September 21st
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Guess Ill leave it installed then and just let it wait
...still need something to play
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I bounced off this multiple times for various reasons, but I'm excited to give it another shot. Seems like it may pay off as I never got very far into the game.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

I assume you can get the update without buying the new DLC?
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I've bounced off of it twice (mostly due to the scale - I hit a point at which I was looking at a hundred different options, and didn't feel like researching them all to figure out what I wanted to do.) I've been meaning to go back, but I don't see myself doing so until the DLC is released. I'd want to see the new content organically, so it just makes sense to wait and do the whole thing (the full DLC releases on the 26th.)

Besides, this is a massive update, and that's sure to bring a few issues to light once it hits the street. Waiting for a post-update patch or two is probably a good thing.

And I've still got Starfield and BG3 waiting.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:20 pm I assume you can get the update without buying the new DLC?
Ya my understanding is there's a big overhaul even if you don't get the DLC. I'll try that first before dropping more money on a game that I can't get into. :lol:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Octavious wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:44 pm
Carpet_pissr wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:20 pm I assume you can get the update without buying the new DLC?
Ya my understanding is there's a big overhaul even if you don't get the DLC. I'll try that first before dropping more money on a game that I can't get into. :lol:
I'm figuring that's why they timed the DLC to release several days after the big patch drops, give folks some time to absorb all the changes.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

A lot of nice mods in this video

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

From PC Gamer: How long is Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty?
On average, Phantom Liberty will take you around 18-20 hours to complete. This estimate is based on if you choose to do some side gigs and explore Dogtown a bit, completing the Increased Criminal Activity gang hideouts, snapping up Airdrops when they appear, and grabbing Restricted Data Terminals for Relic Points. If you just want to burn through the story, then that estimate will likely be closer to 15 hours
Note that the article has some minor story spoilers.