Cyberpunk 2077 from the makers of The Witcher

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

El Guapo

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 from the makers of The Witcher

Post by El Guapo »

Hey, fixed the issue. I just needed to update my graphics card drivers, as it turns out.
Black Lives Matter.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Dammit, I missed the opportunity to be the hero. I was going to suggest checking if the drivers needed to be updated, but figured I'd get yelled at for putting out something that obvious. :lol:
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

The lesson here is never make assumptions, at least that's what I assume should be the lesson. Should've tried a quickhack.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

El Guapo wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:24 pm Hey, fixed the issue. I just needed to update my graphics card drivers, as it turns out.
Good. Now get over to Night City. Judy and/or Panam need your help.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

Moliere wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:22 pm
El Guapo wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:24 pm Hey, fixed the issue. I just needed to update my graphics card drivers, as it turns out.
Good. Now get over to Night City. Judy and/or Panam need your help.
Panam. Always Panam. Panam > Judy.
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Is Panam vs Judy the new Yennefer vs Triss?

#TeamJudy

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

Max Peck wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:22 am Is Panam vs Judy the new Yennefer vs Triss?

#TeamJudy
First of all it's always Yennifer. And yes it's also always Panam, EVERY time!
FTE
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

I was all about Panam the first play through. The second playthrough I turned to team Judy. Her follow-up text messages, conversations with her Grandma, sending me presents to my apartment (twice!) made it so much better.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

Moliere wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:26 pm I was all about Panam the first play through. The second playthrough I turned to team Judy. Her follow-up text messages, conversations with her Grandma, sending me presents to my apartment (twice!) made it so much better.
Ok, ok...I'll try. But if I'm not mistaken, I might have already removed myself from consideration by playing a male V. Is that still the case? Am I destined to be friend-zoned because I'm not female?
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Hyena wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:49 pm
Moliere wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:26 pm I was all about Panam the first play through. The second playthrough I turned to team Judy. Her follow-up text messages, conversations with her Grandma, sending me presents to my apartment (twice!) made it so much better.
Ok, ok...I'll try. But if I'm not mistaken, I might have already removed myself from consideration by playing a male V. Is that still the case? Am I destined to be friend-zoned because I'm not female?
My understanding is yes, Judy is limited to female Vs. Though I imagine there's a mod on that.

FWIW I'm Team Panam (and Team Triss), but I also played a male V so not exactly a choice.
Black Lives Matter.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

I don't know about mods, but yes, you need a female character for Judy. The second time when I used a female character it was funny to have her running around shooting everyone wearing heels and a mini skirt. They even included the heels sound effects while running on concrete.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Bayonetta 2.0?
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

El Guapo wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:52 pm
My understanding is yes, Judy is limited to female Vs. Though I imagine there's a mod on that.

FWIW I'm Team Panam (and Team Triss), but I also played a male V so not exactly a choice.
That's what I thought...well, off to youtube to watch the romance videos I missed... :P

Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Hyena wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:01 pm That's what I thought...well, off to youtube to watch the romance videos I missed... :P
NSFW or children or spouse in the room.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Judy I recall was kinda cute. I was Triss all the way in the 3 Witcher games. If I ever..which I doubt..replay the last one Ill choose Yen for the heck of it. But Yen had been gone and was kinda pushy bossy. Triss was always theres and kind and helpful. Ya didn't read the books or I might have seen it different perhaps.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Moliere wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:11 pm
Hyena wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:01 pm That's what I thought...well, off to youtube to watch the romance videos I missed... :P
NSFW or children or spouse in the room.
Well, with the right spouse... :twisted:
Madmarcus

Post by Madmarcus »

Judy always. Even on a male V I still find Judy to be more relatable and interesting.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Ashley Williams
Miranda (Jack on 2nd playthrough)
Triss
Judy
Karlach
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

Brian wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:46 pm Ashley Williams
Triss
Judy
Karlach
Jack
Triss
Panam
Karlach

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Hyena wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:31 pm
Triss
Judy
Karlach
Jack
Triss
Panam
Karlach
Liara
Miranda (for both ME2 and ME3)
Triss
Panam
Shadowheart

Also for Dragon Age - Morrigan, Isabela, and Cassandra.
Black Lives Matter.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Triss
Judy
Karlach
Liara (x3, and regretted it)
I really need to go back and finish it (got distracted)
I really need to go back and finish it (got distracted)
I just met these people, geeze!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

El Guapo wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:02 am Also for Dragon Age - Morrigan, Isabela, and Cassandra.
Leliana (1st play), Morrigan (2nd play), and Josephine. I never played enough DA2 - I got bored senseless.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:07 am
El Guapo wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:02 am Also for Dragon Age - Morrigan, Isabela, and Cassandra.
Leliana (1st play), Morrigan (2nd play), and Josephine. I never played enough DA2 - I got bored senseless.
Same. Cassandra was very nice. Enjoyed that romance line. Though I have a fleeting memory of a Merrill thrown in there in one play through.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Blackwall ... :cry:
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Madmarcus

Post by Madmarcus »

I finally made it to the end of PL. It was a great story although just a little bit too long in a few places. I sided with Song all the way. Reed was sympathetic but the NUSA was not. I wish there had been dialog that reflected my reasoning more; interested in a cure of course but not expecting that either side can actually provide one.

I still have about 2/3rds of the main quest to do but I'm level 52 and rapidly burning out on the game. I've never gone to Embers so I should power through some of the quests that I've seen before and pick and ending but getting back to JA3 is calling.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

When the game released I played all the way through as a country kid Nomad, then did a partial playthrough as a Streetkid. Now trying again with Phantom Liberty and the big 2.0 update installed as a Corpo.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

El Guapo wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:02 am
Hyena wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:31 pm
Triss
Judy
Karlach
Jack
Triss
Panam
Karlach
Liara
Miranda (for both ME2 and ME3)
Triss
Panam
Shadowheart

Also for Dragon Age - Morrigan, Isabela, and Cassandra.
Liara
Triss
Judy
Minthara
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I probably should have taken the time to read up on the 2.0 changes. I spent way too much time wondering why all the weapons I looted had disappeared from my inventory before finally discovering that many are broken and you actually just loot a crafting component, while others apparently become crafting schematics, and just a few get looted as actual weapons.

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Triss
Judy
Karlach
One at a time, or all at once?
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

Blackhawk wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:50 am
Triss
Judy
Karlach
One at a time, or all at once?
Yes, please.

Brian

Post by Brian »

I think Triss and Judy would get along fine and make for a nice three way cuddle. Karlach and Jack would be arm wrestling at the corner table while downing pints and Miranda would just be standing there, hands on hips, asking how she got into this mess.

Ashley would be absent. Just like in ME2.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Max Peck wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:40 am I probably should have taken the time to read up on the 2.0 changes. I spent way too much time wondering why all the weapons I looted had disappeared from my inventory before finally discovering that many are broken and you actually just loot a crafting component, while others apparently become crafting schematics, and just a few get looted as actual weapons.
Ahhh, I was wondering that myself.
Black Lives Matter.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

jztemple2 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:48 pm When the game released I played all the way through as a country kid Nomad, then did a partial playthrough as a Streetkid. Now trying again with Phantom Liberty and the big 2.0 update installed as a Corpo.
Reached Chapter II, seven hours in. I'm actually a bit surprised I got this far as I don't usually enjoy replaying games that have story lines since I tend to keep remembering what's going to happen next. But so far I'm enjoying the experience.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

My Streetkid is well on her way. Since her backstory implies she's an experienced operator, I'm simulating that by tracking down all possible XP in Watson before advancing the story.

Enlarge Image

She's all in on netrunning and smart guns. One-shotting a gonk by hip-firing a smart sniper rifle and watching the round steer itself into their head will never get old.

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

So I think I'm going to get the expansion if it goes on sale during any of the upcoming sales events, but I wonder if I should just abandon my 60 or so hours I have in the main game and start anew, as it's been at least a year since I last played.

The biggest issue I had with the game was that I made myself TOO powerful by taking the decks that allowed me to cause enemies at a distance to go nuts and attack their friends. I was relying on that for almost EVERYTHING. And it became a bit too easy after a while. I know, I could have just avoided using it. But it was too hard (and too fun) to resist.

Bumping up the difficulty didn't seem to help either.
He won. Period.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

hepcat wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:32 pm So I think I'm going to get the expansion if it goes on sale during any of the upcoming sales events, but I wonder if I should just abandon my 60 or so hours I have in the main game and start anew, as it's been at least a year since I last played.

The biggest issue I had with the game was that I made myself TOO powerful by taking the decks that allowed me to cause enemies at a distance to go nuts and attack their friends. I was relying on that for almost EVERYTHING. And it became a bit too easy after a while. I know, I could have just avoided using it. But it was too hard (and too fun) to resist.

Bumping up the difficulty didn't seem to help either.
Usually I just throw Contagion at a group of enemies from a distance and then pick off any stragglers from range, which is pretty easy, especially if you use the camera system at a facility to kill anyone within view of a camera. Again, I could not do that but....honestly I'm not looking for a challenge for the most part.
Black Lives Matter.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I like a bit of a challenge in these types of games. I had a similar issue with the Witcher games as I'd end up having to put the difficulty all the way to max after I leveled up to a certain point. That's not because I'm such a great player, but rather because I think some of the skills and equipment are harder to balance and I seem to always end up going with the combo that breaks some of that balance.

I guess I'm also curious if the latest update and/or the Phantom expansion does a bit of REbalancing.
He won. Period.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

hepcat wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:32 pm The biggest issue I had with the game was that I made myself TOO powerful by taking the decks that allowed me to cause enemies at a distance to go nuts and attack their friends. I was relying on that for almost EVERYTHING. And it became a bit too easy after a while. I know, I could have just avoided using it. But it was too hard (and too fun) to resist.
The Far Cry Primal strategy (or at least that was the game that taught me not to use it.)
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Yup, the meat tossed into a base strategy is my go to in ALL the Far Cry games that have it.
He won. Period.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

hepcat wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:24 pm I guess I'm also curious if the latest update and/or the Phantom expansion does a bit of REbalancing.
Sort of? With 2.0, offensive quickhacks are traceable, so once you use them a timer starts counting down, after which the enemies will trace your location and enemy netrunners may attack you with their own quickhacks. Quickhacks are still powerful, but the netrunner is not completely immune to consequences (barring the use of cheese tactics to counter the traces).