Defining the 21st Century Republican Party?

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

GreenGoo

Re: Defining the 21st Century Republican Party?

Post by GreenGoo »

El Guapo wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:55 pm Say what you will about my kids, but at least neither of them has beheaded me due to my service in the federal government.
I mean...yet.

That guy said the exact same thing the day before his head came off.

Also, ditto. I'm still in one piece...so far.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

In case you were wondering what the GOP is up to - just openly stating this on Fox News last night:

Scott: We can't pass a bill that possibly would make it harder for Trump to do his job.
Also, wtf is Trump's "job" right now?
Maybe next year, maybe no go
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Power of positive thinking. His job is presidenting. Say it enough, believe in it, and I mean really really believe in it, and it will come true!
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
waitingtoconnect

Post by waitingtoconnect »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:01 pm In case you were wondering what the GOP is up to - just openly stating this on Fox News last night:

Scott: We can't pass a bill that possibly would make it harder for Trump to do his job.
Also, wtf is Trump's "job" right now?
Pretender President? Maybe he’ll go full Caesar and say all future leaders should be called Trump.

Maga types call him the Authentic President; or even more scary “the King”.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Alefroth wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:06 pm
Carpet_pissr wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:54 pm
YellowKing wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:50 pm She also endorsed Tennessee governor Phil Bredesen (while speaking against Marsha Blackburn) and Democratic House candidate Jim Cooper. The former endorsement was a big scene in her documentary as she was arguing with her dad and PR people about wanting to speak out and take a side.

MAGA going after her is the absolute worst strategic move they could make. Not only are they pissing off Swifties, they're generating tons of content upon social media about their misogyny. Pissing off an already pissed off female electorate is the absolute last thing they need to do to win this election.
SSHHHhhhhhhhhhh!!!
Don't worry. There's no way they can't attack her. It's pretty much hard-wired at this point.
I read that Trump's team is already preparing lines of attack should she endorse Biden.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

hepcat wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:34 pm And he went with the standard "I'm the messiah" stance, I'm reading. Sheesh, how did no one catch on that this guy was a walking time bomb?
MAGA or not, this guy is obviously mentally disturbed. His delusions go beyond those of your ordinary crazy MAGA.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Grifman wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:18 am
Alefroth wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:06 pm
Carpet_pissr wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:54 pm
YellowKing wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:50 pm She also endorsed Tennessee governor Phil Bredesen (while speaking against Marsha Blackburn) and Democratic House candidate Jim Cooper. The former endorsement was a big scene in her documentary as she was arguing with her dad and PR people about wanting to speak out and take a side.

MAGA going after her is the absolute worst strategic move they could make. Not only are they pissing off Swifties, they're generating tons of content upon social media about their misogyny. Pissing off an already pissed off female electorate is the absolute last thing they need to do to win this election.
SSHHHhhhhhhhhhh!!!
Don't worry. There's no way they can't attack her. It's pretty much hard-wired at this point.
I read that Trump's team is already preparing lines of attack should she endorse Biden.
Crossing my fingers.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

If there's one thing Trump knows well, it's bullying. And the first rule of being a bully is never pick on someone bigger than yourself who will fight back. Right now, she's bigger and the swifties will fight back.

The fact that he hasn't already tweeted some defamation at her is telling. Things may change if he gets backed into a corner or if the winds change but as things are now, his well honed bully instincts are guiding him.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Grifman wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:19 am
hepcat wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:34 pm And he went with the standard "I'm the messiah" stance, I'm reading. Sheesh, how did no one catch on that this guy was a walking time bomb?
MAGA or not, this guy is obviously mentally disturbed. His delusions go beyond those of your ordinary crazy MAGA.
Yeah, this guy was clearly broken and it has nothing to do with his ideology. Drumpf also had his run-in with a crazy, although he didn't kill his father first, I don't think.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Black Lives Matter.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

I can’t wait to hear what the eventual pejorative he uses for her will be. I think we should try to guess before it surfaces.

Taylor Swiffer (sucks)
Traitor Swift
Trailer….???
Taylor Shifty. That sounds more like him.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Still, it doesn't help when your inclinations towards delusional thinking are reinforced 24/7 by media designed to radicalize you.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

GreenGoo wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:36 am
Yeah, this guy was clearly broken and it has nothing to do with his ideology. Drumpf also had his run-in with a crazy, although he didn't kill his father first, I don't think.
Are we sure about that? Could it not have been his ideology that led to him breaking?
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:50 pm I can’t wait to hear what the eventual pejorative he uses for her will be. I think we should try to guess before it surfaces.

Taylor Swiffer (sucks)
Traitor Swift
Trailer….???
Shifty Swift.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:50 pm I can’t wait to hear what the eventual pejorative he uses for her will be. I think we should try to guess before it surfaces.

Taylor Swiffer (sucks)
Traitor Swift
Trailer….???
Ahh, some good ol fashion Taylor Swiftboating.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

He won. Period.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Alefroth wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:35 pm Are we sure about that? Could it not have been his ideology that led to him breaking?
Yes, we're sure.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

GreenGoo wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:14 pm
Alefroth wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:35 pm Are we sure about that? Could it not have been his ideology that led to him breaking?
Yes, we're sure.
How are you sure?
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Experience.
mori

Post by mori »

Taylor Swiffer (sucks)
Traitor Swift
Trailer….???
Traitor Swift and Taylor Shifty are both strong candidates. I was thinking more off-the-cuff like Taylor Trash:

"We all know who I'm talking about. This Taylor Trash of a person. Are we right? My forefathers were looking for an opportunity and they saw a market in trash. They made a fortune in the trash business. But this trash girl, haha, who are we talkin' about here? This tiny speck of a human who wouldn't know a good idea if it bit her on the ass. She should stop talking about me and stick to singing songs about little girl problems. That's what I say, hehe, am I right".

Massive Maga rally stands up and applauds. With a massive Taylor Swift record burning pile turning the air a putrid black.

End.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Oh I hope he tears into her. I hope he makes Taylor bashing the central tenet of his entire campaign. Aside from kicking puppies, I'm not sure how he could make himself less appealing than bullying America's sweetheart.

Taylor Swift is a symbol of feminism in general. And attacks on her equate to attacks on women in the broader sense. We've already seen this phenomenon with the whole NFL kerfluffle. Trump is already directly responsible for taking away millions of women's right to their own healthcare choices. Please, you orange moron, find a way to piss them off even more.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Shouldn't this be a rap battle?
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

The cold open on SNL touched on this last night, pretty funny! Their Trump impersonator nails him.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

[Izzy]

[/Izzy]
Brian

Post by Brian »

Honestly, I hate him so much that I can't even stand to watch parody of him.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

You have to respect the impression - and the fact that they accurately used stage magic to create his neck-vagina.
Honestly, I hate him so much that I can't even stand to watch parody of him.
Anything that amplifies how much of a buffoon he really is should be boosted.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I hate-laughed.

Got my mail-in Republican primary ballot yesterday. I reckon I'll grit my teeth and vote for Haley, since she's the only not-trump still in it. Might as well mail it nice and early, cuz it's not like my mind will change in the next three weeks.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Don't forget trying to find sane Republicans down ballot too.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

They went WAY too easy on Tim Scott, IMO. There was much more gold to be mined there, considering how outlandish the reality is.

Maybe they thought the literally nauseating video of him fawning over Trump was not widely enough viewed to really dig in.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Pyperkub wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:37 pm Don't forget trying to find sane Republicans down ballot too.
There are two competitive races that I will investigate, although I'll probably end up going with the incumbents, both of whose names I recognize as not-MAGA. There's also a category that says “Vote for no more than 35,” and there are only 32 names listed. Guess I don’t need to look into them.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Ronna McDaniel (née Romney, but she changed her name to satisfy Trump) is resigning as RNC Chair just 7 months before the presidential election.

So much winning.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Magic the Gathering is a gift that keeps on giving. In her newest debacle, she’s claiming there’s no difference between the insurrectionists who attacked the capital on January 6th and the crowd that showed up for Biden’s inauguration.

Last edited by hepcat on Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He won. Period.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

And an entire district continues to elect her kind of Toys in the Attic.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Code: Select all

https://twitter.com/RpsAgainstTrump/status/1754967067415978149
You can safely remove everything from the question mark on the vast majority of links.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Think of every heist film you’ve seen. She’s the distraction. Every barrel of ink devoted to her Lawyer Morty capering is one less devoted to reporting on the power players that are actually effective at suborning our democracy.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Smoove_B wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:20 pm Well, it's not like the "Libs of TikTok" account had bomb threats for schools in Oklahoma. Because if they did, boy would that be embarrassing.

Oh, you know they did, who am I kidding.
Scumbag piece of shit Ryan Walters celebrates the destruction of a dedicated education leader.
He won. Period.
waitingtoconnect

Post by waitingtoconnect »

hepcat wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:55 am Magic the Gathering is a gift that keeps on giving. In her newest debacle, she’s claiming there’s no difference between the insurrectionists who attacked the capital on January 6th and the crowd that showed up for Biden’s inauguration.

This is what happens when the ventriloquist stops talking but the sock puppet doesn't
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Good God. The only silver lining here is the moment the guy behind her in the red tie...when he realizes what she just said, he closes his eyes and looks down...I like to imagine him thinking in that moment "WTF?! I've made a huge mistake standing up here behind this madwoman"
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Holman wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:10 pm Ronna McDaniel (née Romney, but she changed her name to satisfy Trump) is resigning as RNC Chair just 7 months before the presidential election.

So much winning.
Ronna McDaniel Hired As DNC Chair Due To Extensive Experience Defeating Republicans
After building an impressive resume of keeping Republican candidates from being elected to office at nearly every level of government, McDaniel was quickly recruited by the DNC after announcing her upcoming resignation as head of the RNC.

"It's an opportunity to keep doing what I do best," McDaniel said. "I've developed proven strategies that get Democrats elected, and I have every intention of continuing to do that in my new position. If my uncle Mitt Romney taught me anything, it's that with enough hard work and determination, you can make sure Democrats always remain in power. I believe the damage I've done to Republicans in 2020, 2022, and already in 2024 speaks for itself."
Spoiler:
Babylon Bee satire
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Holman

Post by Holman »

What's hilarious is that they believe it's McDaniel who has cost them so many elections, as opposed to the Dobbs decision and the MAGA knuckleheads they keep nominating.