Elder Scrolls the MMO

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Bad Demographic

Re: Elder Scrolls the MMO

Post by Bad Demographic »

I liked the Khenarthi's Roost area.
My original character was a Khajiit (sp?). For some reason I like them best - possibly because I like cats? I tried using a bow as my main weapon but felt it had poor range.

In another session I made another Khajiit but went with sword and shield. For some reason, I generally don't like sword and shield - I guess it's just not flashy enough.
In that same session I also tried a dark elf who started in the Skyrim area, I think, but then ended up in an area with lava (Morrowind?). I tried dual wield with him.

In this last session I played the dark elf up to level 15, just to try out the ability to switch weapon sets during a fight. And I also played a Breton sorceror (to be able to call a familiar to do some of my fighting).
It was nice being able to have a horse. And I was finally able to successfully join a small group and do a group dungeon with them.

Overall I had fun, but unfortunately for ESO, Thief came out and I'm more likely to spend my $ on that (having loved the original 2).
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I look forward to playing this in about a year when its free....unless it is severely gimped with the free stuff.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

I have the game preordered and can't wait for the early launch. This last beta event was a huge improvement over previous events.
You can't even tell me you'd be this tightly wound if you were receiving Treasure Type O regularly. - OOTS Strip 408
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

Daehawk wrote:I look forward to playing this in about a year when its free....unless it is severely gimped with the free stuff.
This is totally not a pot-shot at you Daehawk, but I get sort of fatigued with the idea/attitude/etc. that the natural course in the life of an MMORPG is the F2P model. That just has not been true for some of the biggest and most popular MMORPGs. Further, I also dislike the idea/attitude that F2P is an improvement over the sub model. Again, IMHO, that has not been the case - I feel like F2P produces lower quality, less investment in player satisfaction and a decent "endgame" and tends to be just as expensive, given the cost of "perks" (which turn out to be necessary unless you want to have lower than average leveling abilities). Guild Wars 2, for example, was a giant let down for me and Neverwinter, while very fun, ended up not holding my interested for long because the currencies got too convoluted, the real money perks got too numerous and distracting, and the game got a bit repetitive.

Now my time with TESO beta was been fairly decent. The first time I tried it, I swore off purchasing it. The second time I tried it, it was much improved (although Coldharbor is still the worst intro zone ever). The third time I was happy to preorder. In some ways, the game feels better than other MMORPGs I've played. A tad more free, a tad more active, a tad higher production values. Yes, there are still some bugs to work out, but all MMORPS start with bugs.

I may be in the minority, but I have yet to see a game improve in going from a sub model to a F2P model. As soulless as it is, World of Warcraft's sub and expansion pack model still, IMHO, produces the best results.

I might have passed on TESO, had my time in another competing sci-fi themed sub model game's stress test been different.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

I already pre-ordered it and am happily looking forward to it. Granted I only got to level 7 i still really enjoyed myself. I think it was clever how spells would start to morph and you could choose how to specialize them. Also it seems crafting is going to play a heavy role in the game, ie crafted gear just as good as dungeon drops as far as I can tell. I spent a good amount of my time crafting and looking for materials over the weekend as well. Also, they definitely do reward exploring. I think its refreshing take in an MMO that says...hey pick a direction and find something to do. Its not going to thoroughly lead you by the hand. Also I loved the chests scattered around the country side. Looted about 10 of em over the weekend. I didn't encounter any major bugs, or lag or anything. Very smooth from my perspective. I hit 1 bugged quest, but I just moved on. I can deal with quest bugs. I've also read that PVP will be a major focus of the Devs so that should be interesting, including siege battles.

Looking forward to launch. Now to find a guild to join, since those will be utmostly important.

Also I agree with you Baelthazar that subscription based MMO's are superior to free to play. While people might recoil at a 15/month fee. Generally when I am playing one, I am not playing anything else. So in a strange way its saving me money by not spending it on any other new releases. So while say 6 months will cost me 90 bucks. Thats close to 2 triple a games right there. I can just wait on a Steam sale to get em at a steep discount.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Madmarcus

Post by Madmarcus »

baelthazar wrote:
Daehawk wrote:I look forward to playing this in about a year when its free....unless it is severely gimped with the free stuff.
This is totally not a pot-shot at you Daehawk, but I get sort of fatigued with the idea/attitude/etc. that the natural course in the life of an MMORPG is the F2P model. That just has not been true for some of the biggest and most popular MMORPGs. Further, I also dislike the idea/attitude that F2P is an improvement over the sub model. Again, IMHO, that has not been the case - I feel like F2P produces lower quality, less investment in player satisfaction and a decent "endgame" and tends to be just as expensive, given the cost of "perks" (which turn out to be necessary unless you want to have lower than average leveling abilities).
Different strokes for different folks I guess.

I'm not in MMORPGs for the endgame or the content that requires grouping. I play them for the single player PvE gameplay with optional pick up groups for certain challenges. I want to see some story, play with builds or alts, but I know I'm going to get bored. In reality they scratch the same sort of itch as single player RPGs but they have an extra little bit of interest because their is, by their very MMO nature, a community that is talking about them. To me F2P is fine as I'm not worried about being competitive at endgame or keeping up with the leveling speed of my guildmates, or having the absolute lowest TTK.
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

So is anyone that plans on playing this looking for groups / guilds or are you all looking for a single player experience that happens to have others running around?
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive
Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

Redfive wrote:So is anyone that plans on playing this looking for groups / guilds or are you all looking for a single player experience that happens to have others running around?
I haven't decided yet if I'm getting it, but there are dungeons that are easier to do with a group. I did one of them with a bunch of strangers - I think I would have preferred doing it with actual friends - for instance, folks from here.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

I'll be looking for something. I am also following the Gamers With Jobs thread on the matter and might try to hook up with them. One thing that has me super leery about guilds is that in the roster you can see players actual account name which is directly tied to log in information. That's a massive recipe for trouble because it opens people to get their accounts hacked. I'll be following that situation super carefully.
Bayraktar!!!!

Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna »

Madmarcus wrote:
baelthazar wrote:
This is totally not a pot-shot at you Daehawk, but I get sort of fatigued with the idea/attitude/etc. that the natural course in the life of an MMORPG is the F2P model. That just has not been true for some of the biggest and most popular MMORPGs. Further, I also dislike the idea/attitude that F2P is an improvement over the sub model. Again, IMHO, that has not been the case - I feel like F2P produces lower quality, less investment in player satisfaction and a decent "endgame" and tends to be just as expensive, given the cost of "perks" (which turn out to be necessary unless you want to have lower than average leveling abilities).
Different strokes for different folks I guess.

I'm not in MMORPGs for the endgame or the content that requires grouping. I play them for the single player PvE gameplay with optional pick up groups for certain challenges. I want to see some story, play with builds or alts, but I know I'm going to get bored. In reality they scratch the same sort of itch as single player RPGs but they have an extra little bit of interest because their is, by their very MMO nature, a community that is talking about them. To me F2P is fine as I'm not worried about being competitive at endgame or keeping up with the leveling speed of my guildmates, or having the absolute lowest TTK.
So far there are no F2P MMORPG that I can get into. My favorite MMORPG is WoW which is still not F2P. I had a lot of fun with SWTOR until they switched to F2P, now for some reason I can't enjoy it.

I guess the problem is that my personal rule is if it is F2P then I don't want to spend any money and that cause me to play with some kind of limitation. Now with subcribe type MMORPG, I have no problem paying monthly fees so I have the whole game without limitation.
MythicalMino

Post by MythicalMino »

I have it pre-ordered, and looking forward to playing the game. Trying to decide on either playing as a Dark Elf, Nord, High Elf, or Wood Elf....
My boardgames for sale:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=90573
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

My plan is to play an Argonian Dragon Knight. I think my weapons will be slot 1: Sword and Shield and slot 2: Restoration Staff. I am planning on maxing out blacksmithing, not sure about other crafting, perhaps provisioning.
You can't even tell me you'd be this tightly wound if you were receiving Treasure Type O regularly. - OOTS Strip 408
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Madmarcus wrote:Different strokes for different folks I guess.

This describes my MMO experience as well. I play until I get bored with it, or the next shiny comes along to distract me. I've got zero interest in end-game or the high level stuff, as those typically require a level of dedication that I simply can't give. I've only max leveled a toon in two MMO's (GW2 and Neverwinter), and I ended up quitting both of those soon after. I have no problem with either the pay model or the F2P model, as long as they're not a "pay to win" type of game...those turn me off pretty quickly. I find that I'm pickier with the P2P games, and they really have to interest me in order to stay subscribed for more than a month or two. The only one that has really kept my interest longer than 30 days was FF XIV. With F2P games, I find that I'll typically drop a little bit of $$ on them as I go.

I'll be interested to hear the feedback on ESO, as I've heard it has gotten significantly better during the beta period. Not sure if I'm ready to jump in on a monthly sub model yet, but will be keeping an eye on reviews.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

I'm happy to hear this has improved from earlier reviews. I've really enjoyed the Elder Scrolls games in the past, and I'll definitely be interested in giving it a try if it well reviewed around here after launch.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Mrs. Nym/Kali and I are in. 8-) Went Imperial Edition 'cause I'm a dupe, so we'll be on as early as 07:00 Sunday morning. (Though afternoon more likely.)

Please continue sharing potential guild information. I presume guilds are single-faction?

And it's a single-server deal, right? NA and EU is all you pick, and everything is instanced in the game?

Didn't play in the beta, but have been watching Force's YouTube vids.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Yes, NA or EU for 'megaservers'.

Everything is not instanced. Some is, some isn't, and some is phased but I haven't looked into it enough to tell which is which.

I'll be on Sunday as well, though not as Redfive. Will post character names here as I get them claimed.

Still would like to see someone here or at Qt3 or at The Wanderers kind of take the lead and try to form a guild. I'm not sure I can invest the time to try to do it.

Also, you can be in I think up to 5 guilds.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Well - the gamers w/ jobs folks are going through a guild semi-associated w/ the site. There are some members in there not associated w/ the GWJ folks. Decent people. I'll be a member of that guild to start off.

What we could possibly do is start up an OO guild as well. Since we can be members of 5. I can try to get that started as well. I'll post on here once i get things rolling, then folks can PM me there account information and all that stuff. I'd suggest we go through PM's and not post on here since the account information can also be used as login information. Unless thats been recently changed.

I'll be in starting Sunday.

In terms of guilds, I think that guilds cant be cross faction? I do know that the GWJ linked guild is start with the Aldemeri Dominion i think. I started in that area also. Pretty much elves and cats are that faction.

You can have 8 character slots so I am not too worried what faction we start on. Also...shared banking is in the game, which i think is awesome.

But if there is enough interest, I'll get the OO guild started and we'll take it from there. I dont know my level of organization that I am willing to dedicate but initially am willing to be a glorified secretary.
Bayraktar!!!!

msduncan

Post by msduncan »

I'm planning to purchase this game and log in Sunday morning.
It's 109 first team All-Americans.
It's a college football record 61 bowl appearances.
It's 34 bowl victories.
It's 24 Southeastern Conference Championships.
It's 15 National Championships.

At some places they play football. At Alabama we live it.
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

As long as expectations aren't super high, I would be willing to dip my hat into guild creation. Haven't run a guild since a huge fiasco with my guild in the original EQ where there was a mutiny and the guild was taken away from me.
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Is anyone interested in PvP?

The map of Cyrodiil is huge and full of plenty of PvE content as well as PvP.
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

I am not a dedicated PvP player, but the way it is done in ESO, I may just get into it.
msduncan

Post by msduncan »

Redfive wrote:Is anyone interested in PvP?

Interested.
It's 109 first team All-Americans.
It's a college football record 61 bowl appearances.
It's 34 bowl victories.
It's 24 Southeastern Conference Championships.
It's 15 National Championships.

At some places they play football. At Alabama we live it.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Clarification on guilds, from the official site:
Will it be possible to have a guild with people from all three factions?

Yes. It is possible to have a guild with all three factions. Players can join up to five guilds, and the guilds will be based on by account, so any of a player's characters can be in any of the guilds they choose. However, guilds must choose an Alliance to support. In Cyrodiil, they will only be able to fight for that Alliance.

For example, players of all three Alliances can be members of Guild A, but Guild A is allied with the Daggerfall Covenant. Only members of Guild A who have Daggerfall Covenant characters can fight in Cyrodiil for that guild.
So sounds like faction choice is only relevant to anyone interested in doing Cyrodiil PvP together.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Food for thought, lore-wise, again from the official site:
Aldmeri Dominion

When word reached the High Elves of Summerset that the Imperial City had fallen under the control of the human supporters of Molag Bal, the Aldmeri Dominion was formed. The High Elves reached out to the neighboring races of Wood Elves and Khajiit with a plea that their combined forces might prevent the younger races of Tamriel from bringing disaster to the world, as they had so many times in the past.

The High Elves were the original settlers of Tamriel and created the common tongue used throughout the continent today. They are also naturally proficient with magic.

The Wood Elves inhabit the thick, near-impenetrable forests of Valenwood. They are supreme hunters, guides, and masters in sneaking and thievery. They are also the most gifted archers in all of Tamriel.

The Khajiit, a proud feline race, are fearsome warriors, proficient with bladed weapons. They stand proudly at the forefront of every battle.

The power and determination of the Aldmeri Dominion should not be underestimated.

Led by: Queen Ayrenn

Queen Ayrenn is intelligent and honorable, with a genuine humility rarely seen among her people but she is also a decisive leader with a stubborn streak. She is young for a High Elf—a mere 28 years old—but she spent much of the first part of her life roaming the lands and seas of Tamriel, seeking adventure and the kind of education schools cannot impart. She returned to Summerset following the death of her father to accept her position as heir to the Altmer throne.

What they say about the other alliances:

The Daggerfall Covenant seeks the return of the Second Empire and a stable government. We will be happy to provide it to them as long as we rule. They are deluded and dangerous.

The Ebonheart Pact is worrisome if they manage to truly set aside the longstanding conflicts between one another. Right now, they are too divided to stand against us long.
Ebonheart Pact

The Ebonheart Pact is the most unlikely of the three alliances. The Nords and Dark Elves have a long history of conflict, and the Argonians were enslaved by the Dark Elves for thousands of years.

It was the Akaviri invasion that forged a bond between them. Now they are determined to control their own destiny by defeating the Empire, while preserving their own fiercely independent homelands.

The Nords are the brash, boisterous front line of the Pact; fierce warriors and expert weapon masters. The Dark Elves have a natural affinity for magic. The Argonians are the best guerilla warriors in Tamriel.

The combined strength of these unlikely allies makes the Ebonheart Pact a fighting force of extraordinary power.

Led by: Jorunn the Skald-King

Jorunn, of Eastern Skyrim, is acting High King of the Great Moot, but he does not rule absolutely. His decisions must be ratified by all three races in a unique form of governance called The Great Moot. He is down-to-earth, humorous, and has an iron will to succeed.

The Dominion seeks a return to Elven dominance of Tamriel. We are too fiercely independent to allow that to happen--we will defend our right to sovereignty with any battle tactic needed.

Somehow the Daggerfall Covenant have managed to convince the Orcs to fight alongside the Bretons and Redguards, making them a dangerous foe. We must watch them closely.
Daggerfall Covenant

The Daggerfall Covenant is formed by the three races of northwest Tamriel , united by High King Emeric to fulfill a common goal and take back the Ruby Throne.

The Bretons have the gifts of magic and diplomacy. The Orcs are stalwart soldiers and talented armorers who manufacture the finest weapons and armor in all of Tamriel. The Redguards are supremely athletic, and raised to be outstanding warriors from the moment they’re born.

The Daggerfall Covenant’s varied talents make it a force to be reckoned with.

Led by: High King Emeric

High King Emeric is a Breton merchant lord whose shrewd policies and masterful diplomacy earned him the trust of the Kings of High Rock, an alliance by marriage with the Redguards, and ultimately, a war treaty with the Orcs. He rules from Wayrest in High Rock.

The Dominion seeks a return to Elven dominance of Tamriel. Humans and Orcs have been Elven slaves before. That must not happen again.

Ebonheart Pact: By what strange magic have the Dark Elves duped the Nords into allying with them and the Argonians? The Pact is a supremely dangerous enemy, though their Alliance may be strained.

Sudy

Post by Sudy »

RLMullen

Post by RLMullen »

baelthazar wrote: This is totally not a pot-shot at you Daehawk, but I get sort of fatigued with the idea/attitude/etc. that the natural course in the life of an MMORPG is the F2P model.
In 2014 a F2P or non-sub model *IS* the natural course of any MMO game. It's not just an idea; it's reality. Make a list of MMO's that are exclusively subscription-based, and I bet that WOW is the only well known game on your list.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Redfive wrote:Is anyone interested in PvP?

Highly interested in the PVP but havent experienced the ESO version of it.

As a side note what are people doing crafting wise? I am kind of thinking doing cloth and either soul trapping (i dont think that right name wise - might also be enchanting, I know soul trapping is the skill) or weaponsmithing or provisioning. Probably gonna be the first two.
Bayraktar!!!!

MythicalMino

Post by MythicalMino »

I am still, for the most part, undecided as to what I am going to play. I have narrowed it down to 1 of 2 races and 1 of 2 classes.

Either a Nord or (most likely) a Dark Elf...as a Nightblade or (most likely) a Sorcerer.

Can't hardly wait for tomorrow...I have already joined another guild (The XIII Legion), playing for the Ebonheart Pact...but I would love to also join whatever guild OO puts together...
My boardgames for sale:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=90573
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

RLMullen wrote:
baelthazar wrote: This is totally not a pot-shot at you Daehawk, but I get sort of fatigued with the idea/attitude/etc. that the natural course in the life of an MMORPG is the F2P model.
In 2014 a F2P or non-sub model *IS* the natural course of any MMO game. It's not just an idea; it's reality. Make a list of MMO's that are exclusively subscription-based, and I bet that WOW is the only well known game on your list.
You better tell that to several high-profile games releasing this year.

And WoW has enough subscribers to highly skew the statistics here. You can claim that F2P is a "natural course" but my argument is that it is only a natural course if the MMORPG fails to get a long-term and devoted subscriber base. Maybe it is a natural course of the end of an MMORPGs life-cycle.
RLMullen

Post by RLMullen »

baelthazar wrote:
RLMullen wrote:
You better tell that to several high-profile games releasing this year.

And WoW has enough subscribers to highly skew the statistics here. You can claim that F2P is a "natural course" but my argument is that it is only a natural course if the MMORPG fails to get a long-term and devoted subscriber base. Maybe it is a natural course of the end of an MMORPGs life-cycle.
I'm not making an argument. I'm making an observation. My observation is that every high profile MMO that launched with a sub-only model has converted to a F2P model. The exception is WOW. I invited you to correct that observation with the knowledge that my observation may indeed be wrong. I've not followed the MMO genre closely since SWTOR went F2P, so there may be one or two MMOs not named WOW that are happily taking money every month.

Why are the high-profile games that are releasing this year going to buck the current trend? What is special about them that will keep subscribers such that the F2P model isn't the better source of revenue? What has changed in consumer behavior that indicates gamers are prepared to enter into long-term subscriptions again?

I haven't followed the genre in the past few years because I'm done with MMOs. There may be changes, but from a casual viewpoint I haven't seen them.

Why do *you* think that the current crop of MMOs won't end up with a F2P model in the next 18 months?
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

You know, while I am happy to have a discussion about the merits about F2p, sub models and the future of both .....can it perhaps be directed in a new thread. It would be nice if the discussion within this thread pertained to the Elder Scrolls MMO. Thanks!
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Oh when creating characters remember you can have a first and last name. So dont get disheartened if you cant get your first choice give em a last name. The names seem also first come first server here as well. Already some of the ones I've tried are gone.
Bayraktar!!!!

Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Newcastle wrote:The names seem also first come first server here as well. Already some of the ones I've tried are gone.
Huh. But I thought that was the entire point of @accountname? Like with the Cryptic MMOs.

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Sudy Nym wrote:
Newcastle wrote:The names seem also first come first server here as well. Already some of the ones I've tried are gone.
Huh. But I thought that was the entire point of @accountname? Like with the Cryptic MMOs.
nope, i tried "veritas" for shits and giggles. And it was gone. But i tried Vertias Smith and it worked. So when creating a name think of a last name also. Changes are you can get something snazzy. I've already made 6 toons, 1 is my name. And 5 are name placeholders.
Bayraktar!!!!

triggercut

Post by triggercut »

baelthazar wrote: You better tell that to several high-profile games releasing this year.

Take WoW out of the equation. And EVE. Both games are outliers, grandfathered in from an earlier age.

Let's also see your definition of "high profile". Hell, Evony was "high profile" simply because they put up their spammy malware links to their awful game everywhere for a while.

Which AAA games--besides Heaven's Gate here, (Oops, I mean TESO)--are releasing this year on the buy the box, subscription-only model? I'm honestly curious.

EDIT: for full disclosure, I am rooting, and rooting hard, for TESO to either fail utterly or be forced into a switch to a F2P or B2P model.

I am not doing that to be a jerk, and I really do hope you all do enjoy it.

I am rooting against it for the same reasons Kevin "Mr. Wonderful" O'Leary roots against dodgy entrepreneurs on Shark Tank. This is a bad business model, one that is almost contemptuous to its player base, and represents cynical, greedy, or simply stupid corporate behavior and I hope none of those things are rewarded.
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

triggercut wrote: I am rooting against it for the same reasons Kevin "Mr. Wonderful" O'Leary roots against dodgy entrepreneurs on Shark Tank. This is a bad business model, one that is almost contemptuous to its player base, and represents cynical, greedy, or simply stupid corporate behavior and I hope none of those things are rewarded.
Personally I find the f2p model to be the grimy model. They claim it to be free but then lock so much behind small transactions. In the end I find myself spending more money to play f2p games than I do a subscription based game. Wildstar will also be a subscription based game.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Arkon wrote:
triggercut wrote: I am rooting against it for the same reasons Kevin "Mr. Wonderful" O'Leary roots against dodgy entrepreneurs on Shark Tank. This is a bad business model, one that is almost contemptuous to its player base, and represents cynical, greedy, or simply stupid corporate behavior and I hope none of those things are rewarded.
Personally I find the f2p model to be the grimy model. They claim it to be free but then lock so much behind small transactions. In the end I find myself spending more money to play f2p games than I do a subscription based game. Wildstar will also be a subscription based game.
I agree with you on f2p, but that's not really the question here.

I think you'd greatly enhance the Mercedes Benz ownership experience if it wasn't for those pesky car payments.

I'd forgotten about WildStar! That's right, they're going with their hybrid, Eve-like model. $15/month, but you can also use earned currency in-game. Perhaps their financial model is smaller in scale than TESO and they can make that work.

Perhaps I'm completely wrong about the willingness of the marketplace to buy a game for $75-80 for the box and then pay $15/monthly to play it.
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

Made it to level 10 this morning, and I am having an absolute blast. I am loving the zones for the Ebonheart Pact, and am loving my Argonian DK. Don't see very many Argonians running around, and sure my racials are sub par, but they are my favorite race. I have been working at smithing and alchemy, crafting is super complex and involved.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

My jobless son bought this and installed it on my computer not knowing their was a monthly subscription. So he played his free month and now it is useless. Anyone know if you can sell this game? I assume you could and the next person would have to pay for their online subscription and not get the free 30 days but I'm not sure if that code also prevents someone else from installing the game.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Lassr wrote:My jobless son bought this and installed it on my computer not knowing their was a monthly subscription. So he played his free month and now it is useless. Anyone know if you can sell this game? I assume you could and the next person would have to pay for their online subscription and not get the free 30 days but I'm not sure if that code also prevents someone else from installing the game.
Nope. Sadly the account associated with the game keys are tied to the original buyer's name, address, and billing info.