The Cask of Amontillado (WW) - Game Over!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Isgrimnur

Re: The Cask of Amontillado (WW) - Fourth Toast

Post by Isgrimnur »

toast theohall 

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

theohall 

. You guys realize without wine you have to singlemingle me before you singlemingle grund, right?
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

theohall 

Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

to Theohall ! 

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Ok, I call dibs on singlemingle Chaos tonight. :roll:

Qantag, you cover RD. ;-)
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Unagi wrote:Ok, I call dibs on singlemingle Chaos tonight. :roll:
Talk about a waste of a turn! ;)
theohall

Post by theohall »

FYI - I have already successfully Mingled with Fortunato, for whatever that is worth.

I also mingled with another Noble last night. Toasting me is just fine as I am just a Noble as well.

In other words, I lied about going after some wine. So if someone went for it and was blocked, it was not I that blocked them, nor Grundbegriff, apparently.
redrun

Re: The Cask of Amontillado (WW) - Fourth Hour

Post by redrun »

Chaosraven wrote:
theohall wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:So are you going to refute what Grund has down for your first hour?
:lol:
that was to redrun, based on his pg7 post.
Unagi wrote: I believe "Bastard!" to be the common declaration of jealousy.
-- So do I.
Sufficient I am to the day.
redrun

Post by redrun »

theohall wrote:FYI - I have already successfully Mingled with Fortunato, for whatever that is worth.

I also mingled with another Noble last night. Toasting me is just fine as I am just a Noble as well.

In other words, I lied about going after some wine. So if someone went for it and was blocked, it was not I that blocked them, nor Grundbegriff, apparently.
-- Interesting. I was blocked last night going for wine. Did I miss someone saying they'd mingled with Theohall, or is there a chance that he is the Red Death?
theohall

Post by theohall »

redrun wrote:
theohall wrote:FYI - I have already successfully Mingled with Fortunato, for whatever that is worth.

-- Interesting. I was blocked last night going for wine. Did I miss someone saying they'd mingled with Theohall, or is there a chance that he is the Red Death?
Grundbegriff claims to have mingled with me and identified me as a Noble. Anyway, I think the toast count already has a majority.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Theohall is not RD
redrun

Post by redrun »

To the good and noble Theohall 

msteelers

Post by msteelers »

I think there is already a majority, but i don't care.  to theohall! 

Kenetickid

Post by Kenetickid »

Unagi wrote:Enormous Yawner

I, for one, will not be joining any game with Kenetickid in it for a good long while.
I don't think he even bothered to address the fact that he disappeared last game too, it'd go a long way to simply communicate an ounce of regret or something.
Yes Unagi I admit that the last game I jumped dumped out of it. (excue me for having a personal life and getting a bit involed in such and forgetting about the game) This game I was all set to paricipate and other issues arose that caused it to be difficult to find a way to keep up. I am sorry that i signed up for a game and have caused you so much pain and suffering that you feel the need not to patrticipate in a game where I am playing, but if that's how you feel than you should know that I already plan on taking a break from games in general becaue Real life is taking a lot more precedence.
The world is a swirling maelstrom of death and decay. It's inhabitants feed upon each other in a vile feast of flesh and blood. We should all live this way because it is the way of the universe that the strong survive and the weak PERISH!

Remember, Cthulhu saves too...........He just saves you for last.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Kenetickid wrote:excue me for having a personal life and getting a bit involed in such and forgetting about the game
Here's the problem with your snarky attitude, Kenetickid. We all have personal lives. We all manage evolving circumstances. In my case, for example, I work two jobs (one more than full, one part), maintain a family that includes a busy teen, and I undertake simultaneous projects on the side. And if I say I'm going to play one of these games, I play it; if I don't think I can play it, I don't sign up.

I'm sure each other player could paint a similar picture of plate-juggling and management.

Your special pleading that you have a personal life backfires. It's as if you want Unagi to feel bad that he failed to recognize how busy and important you are, but what you end up emphasizing is how you buckle under pressure (forgetting about the game because you got a bit involved in real life? Really?) And that's precisely the complaint: you bail on your commitments.

What should you do if you anticipate that your complex personal life might get a bit involving and cause you to forget about a game? Do what any of the rest of us would do: decline to sign up for the game. Decide that you cannot say 'yes' to everything. Don't mislead a dozen people into thinking they can count on you when they can't.
This game I was all set to paricipate and other issues arose that caused it to be difficult to find a way to keep up.
Don't write a check if you have good reason to think it's going to bounce.
I am sorry that i signed up for a game and have caused you so much pain and suffering that you feel the need not to patrticipate in a game where I am playing
Again-- your sarcasm makes you seem petulant, and yet you have no standing to strike that attitude-- you're wasting our time and wrecking our game; we're not wasting or wrecking yours.
but if that's how you feel than you should know that I already plan on taking a break from games in general becaue Real life is taking a lot more precedence.
Regardless of how Unagi feels, or of how anyone else feels, that's undoubtedly an overdue move on your part. Good luck dealing with your issues.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Hey, Unagi, I know I'm being naive (knowing M and F and the other nobles have their own motivations that clash with ours), but I'm good with that plan.

I don't mind being left behind, if I can help another noble or two escape the castle.

I know you were (rolling eyes, winking) joking, but maybe we should give it a go. :)
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I'm good with the Nobles working together to get out of here as long as it is M that wins and not F. Can't have CR win after all. Not after how he said I'd take the player screwing me down with me. :twisted:

I'm still going after wine until I get it
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I fail to see how I have garnered all this animosity.
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Chaosraven wrote:I fail to see how I have garnered all this animosity.
Carefuly Cultivated :wink:
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

A quarter century plus some of backstabbing? :wink:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
redrun

Post by redrun »

Remus West wrote:
-- ...and knowing Chaos, he's never given you any of your knifes back.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

redrun wrote:
Remus West wrote:
-- ...and knowing Chaos, he's never given you any of your knifes back.
Sure he has. Right in my own back.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Against theohall (8): Grundbegriff, Lassr, Qantaga, Isgrimnur, Chaosraven, Newcastle, Unagi, redrun.
Against Unagi (2): rshetts2,Vorret.
No vote registered: theohall, msteelers, Kenetickid, Remus West
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Lagom Lite

The Cask of Amontillado (WW) - Fifth Hour

Post by Lagom Lite »

THE FIFTH HOUR

”’To theohall!’ Isgrimnur replied in kind. The others agreed; ’To theohall!’

theohall lifted his masque to reveal his face. He was a member of the Residenza di Theo family.”

theohall is a Noble.

Nobles, will you Mingle with a player or Sneak into the cellar?
Montresor, will you Mingle with a player?
Fortunato, will you Mingle with a player?
Red Death, which player will you Infect?

Please send your Orders in a PM to the Moderator.
Please note Orders are final and you can’t change your mind once I’ve received the PM.

Players remaining:
1. Isgrimnur, a Noble of the Isgrimnuri family
2. theohall, a Noble of the Residenza di Theo family
3. Chaosraven
4. Grundbegriff
5. Newcastle
6. msteelers
7. Qantaga, a Noble of the Qantagi family
8. rshetts2
9. redrun
10. Vorret
11. Kenetickid, a Noble of the Connecticutti family
12. Unagi
13. Remus West
14. Lassr

Deadline for the Fifth Hour is Sunday October 3rd, at 10 a.m. Eastern Standard Time.

Failure to submit an Order before deadline results in that player doing nothing that Hour.
If the Red Death fails to submit an Order he will infect a random uninfected player.
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Lassr

Re: The Cask of Amontillado (WW) - Fifth Hour

Post by Lassr »

I'm mingling with Remus West.

If we find more Nobles please keep it to yourself. We have plenty of toast targets now. We don't want to keep narrowing the field until we have enough nobles in a winning position. So if someone wants to coordinate to mingle with Grund or chaos then do so, of get some wine. I'm not blocking it tonight. Hopefully someone will be kind enough to give me a chance later.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Lassr wrote:I'm mingling with Remus West.

If we find more Nobles please keep it to yourself. We have plenty of toast targets now. We don't want to keep narrowing the field until we have enough nobles in a winning position. So if someone wants to coordinate to mingle with Grund or chaos then do so, of get some wine. I'm not blocking it tonight. Hopefully someone will be kind enough to give me a chance later.
I can not remember if that screws my going after wine or not. I do not think it does get in the way so have at it. I am not the Red Death.
theohall

Post by theohall »

I intend to mingle with Grundbegriff.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

I wont get in the way of the winos here. Instead Ill go ahead and mingle. At this point Im not sure who to mingle with since we dont want to reveal more nobles and theres not much point in me mingling with anyone else.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Lagom Lite wrote:* Each player decides what to do each Hour by sending a PM to the Moderator, containing the name of the desired action (Mingle, Sneak, Infect, Abstain) and the name of the target player, if any. Once an order is sent, it is final, so take your time.
Remember: anyone who would prefer to do nothing -- who would prefer to avoid complicating matters for others -- may choose either to Abstain or to Mingle with someone who has already been toasted.
redrun

Post by redrun »

Remus West wrote:

I can not remember if that screws my going after wine or not. I do not think it does get in the way so have at it. I am not the Red Death.
-- Nope, that doesn't screw up your wine. I'll take a run at Chaos this turn.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

What's the word Unagi?

Should I cover up RD this turn?
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Qantaga wrote:What's the word Unagi?

Should I cover up RD this turn?
i think that would be a good idea quantaga
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

redrun wrote:
Remus West wrote:

Feel free to skip that if you wish. ;)
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Now now monty, wait yer turn like everyone else. With the coordination to block me from RD it's only fair :)
"Where are you off to?"

Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

I've got to be up at 4:00 am and off to the airport. I'll be traveling most of the day, so I went ahead and turned in my order to go with this plan Unagi. I hope you can benefit somehow.
redrun

Post by redrun »

Grundbegriff wrote:
redrun wrote:.... I'll take a run at Chaos this turn.
Feel free to skip that if you wish. ;)
-- Every time I've announced I've gone for my announced target - somehow, I don't think this would be a good time to change my style. :P
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

redrun wrote:
Remus West wrote:

Where did you Not See that I already said that I was going to waste MY Turn doing that.

Sheeesh.
:roll:
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Qantaga wrote:

I've got to be up at 4:00 am and off to the airport. I'll be traveling most of the day, so I went ahead and turned in my order to go with this plan Unagi. I hope you can benefit somehow.
I'm sure you can see that the public coordination of such a plan only hands the plan to the enemy.... :wink:
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

I'll be mingling with redrun tonight since it seems that all of the specials have been taken. Feel free to also mingle with redrun and waste both of our turns.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

:pop:
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906