STARSHIP R.SCOTT (WW Game) - Game Over.

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Scoop20906

STARSHIP R.SCOTT (WW Game) - Game Over.

Post by Scoop20906 »

****** CICP COMMUNICATIONS ******
INCOMING MESSAGE -- 000113

SENDER: Navigation Sat12 - Earth - Divergent Corp.

MESSAGE BEGINS....

STARSHIP R.SCOTT is ordered to divert from present course to Corrections Station 22 to investigate planet XXB1A-55 - Coordinates 55%55.99987.x55._++

STARSHIP R.SCOTT is ordered to attempt landing and investigation of unidentified signal. identify source and collect artifacts or samples following Divergent Corp. Order 11 Section 88 . Failure to comply will result in forfeiture of all shares.

MESSAGE ENDS.....

==============================

****** EARTH COMMAND ******
Divergent Corp. MESSAGE 3110321

SENDER: Cmmdr. Alan Hasker - STARSHIP R.SCOTT

Investigation of planet XXB1A-55 completed. Have identified artifacts 001, 002, 003, 004, 005, 006, 007, 008, 009. Report attached. Awaiting further instructions.

INCOMING MESSAGE -- 000114

SENDER: Navigation Sat113 - Earth - Divergent Corp.

MESSAGE BEGINS....

STARSHIP R.SCOTT is ordered to return to earth with artifacts 001, 002, 004, 007 following Divergent Corp. Containment Order 65.

MESSAGE ENDS.....

INCOMING MESSAGE -- 000115

MESSAGE BEGINS....

Report ship's current position. Determine gyro error by azimuth/amplitude of STAR 113 or other celestial body. Include any gyro error noted in 0800 and 1200 Ship's Position Report per Divergent Corp. Order 16.

MESSAGE ENDS.....

****** EARTH COMMAND ******
Divergent Corp. MESSAGE 3510321

REPORT on Project IronFang - TOP SECRET

Crew contact LOST with STARSHIP R.SCOTT. Shipboard telemetry is still active and ship is still operating under autopilot. Last message confirmed artifacts 001, 002, 004, 007 are secure aboard. Belief is flight crew has been incapacitated due to unknown malfunction. Malfunction must be investigated to ensure arrival of STARSHIP R.SCOTT.

Per Chairman - Divergent Corp. the following order is issues: Cryo Order Awake Code 55B.

INCOMING MESSAGE -- 000115

MESSAGE BEGINS....

Cryo Order Awake Code 55B.

Activate Cryo Pods:

MESSAGE ENDS.....
Last edited by Scoop20906 on Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:46 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Scoop20906

Re: STARSHIP R.SCOTT (WW Game) (In Queue)

Post by Scoop20906 »

Roles:

Humans:

Marine Guard (2)
The Marine Guard has been hired to work at Corrections Station 22 for the next 5 Terran years. You are unarmed however you do possess a single-use pocket incinerator gun.

Engineer (2)
The Engineer is employed by Divergent Corp. to perform maintenance activities at Corrections Station 22 and also has maintenance experience with cryo pods. Once per day period, the Engineer may secretly (by sending a PM to the moderator) disengage a locked down cryo pod freeing it's occupant.

Computer Hacker (1)
The Computer Hacker is a criminal being sent for imprisonment by Divergent Corp. to Corrections Station 22 for hacking their network. The Computer Hacker can decrypt a single cryo pod medical report from main computer once per Course Correction. The medical report will reveal if that player is a human, symbiont or alien. The decrypted medical report will be sent to CICP Communications for everyone to read. The Computer Hacker will not be revealed when performing this power. The Computer Hacker wants to survive but also wants to take control of the ship and escape. The Computer Hacker must perform a scan each course correction. If no response is received by the deadline, random.org will choose the scan target.

Convict (5)
The Convict is a criminal being sent for imprisonment by Divergent Corp. to Corrections Station 22 for various crimes. The convict wants to survive but also wants to take control of the ship and escape.

Divergent Corp.

Symbiont
The Symbiont is an artificial human being but very real looking. The Symbiont has orders from Divergent Corp. to secure an alien organism sample in a locked down cryo pod. All other personnel aboard are expendable. The Symbiont must ensure that least one alien player is locked down in a cryo pod at the end of the 6th course corrections. The Symbiont can engage a cryo pod's lockdown mode once per each course correction. The Symbiont is immune to an alien conversion attempt and will live through the encounter but will not learn the identity of his attacker.

Alien Organism

Alien Organism
The Alien Organism has to ability to convert human beings. However, the process is time consuming and can only be performed during the course correction when the humans are incapacitated in their cryo pods. Converted humans will lose any previous abilities they had.

Converted Humans/Alien
Converted humans lose all previous powers they may have had. When a human is converted by the alien organism, he will learn ONLY the name of the alien organism but will NOT be able to secretly communicate with him. He will not learn the name of any other converted humans. Converted humans/alien may not perform any conversion even if the Alien Organism is dead.

Humans
- Marine Guard01 (pocket incinerator gun - one shot - During Day)
- Marine Guard02 (pocket incinerator gun - one shot - During Day)
- Engineer01 (can disengage a cryo pod's lockdown mode)
- Engineer02 (can disengage a cryo pod's lockdown mode)
- Computer Hacker (Can decrypt cryo pod medical report (reveals Human, symbiont or alien) from main computer once per Course Correction)
- Convict01
- Convict02
- Convict03
- Convict04
- Convict05

Divergent Corp.
- Symbiont (can engage a cryo pod's lockdown mode during course correction; immune and will survive an alien conversion attempt)

Alien Organism
- Alien Organism (convert humans during course correction)
- Converted Human/Alien (learns name of Alien Organism when converted, can not convert)

Victory Conditions
Human Victory: All alien players are destroyed before arriving at Earth in 6 course corrections.
  • Human Sub-Victory A - Marine Guards and Engineer: When the overall human victory is achieved, Marine Guard, Engineer, and Symbiont are equal to or out number the Computer Hacker and Convicts
  • Human Sub-Victory B - Computer Hacker and Convicts: When the overall human victory is achieved, Computer Hacker and Convicts out number the Marine Guard, Engineer, and Symbiont.
Alien Victory: Number of alien players outnumbers number of Human and Symbiont players allowing aliens to take control of ship. Aliens may also win if one Alien Player is NOT locked down in its cryo pod when the STARSHIP arrives at earth.

Divergent Corp Victory: At least ONE alien player is locked down in cryo pod at the end of 6 course corrections. The Symbiont does not need to be alive to win.
Last edited by Scoop20906 on Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:45 pm, edited 13 times in total.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

The Rules

Private Messaging / Forum Posts:
There will be no private forums or private messages between players.

Text sent to players by the Moderator may not be copied and/or shared with other players at any time.

Gentleman's Rule of No Edits (i.e. Edit at your own peril, it's your fellow players you need to satisfy)
Edits to "Game Vote Tally" posts are allowed, as long as the posts contain no 'commentary'.

Length of Game:
The game will last SIX (6) Course Corrections and Day cycles. The STARSHIP will arrive at earth at the end of the 6th day. At that point the game will end and a victory condition will be determined unless a victory condition has already been achieved. The game begins with a Course Correction and players will be in their cryo pods.

Days and Course Corrections:
During course corrections, players must enter to their cryo pods to service the ship's accelerations and de-accelerations. The Symbiont and Alien players are immune to Course corrections and may leave their cryo pods according their specific role rulez.

Cryo Pod Lockdown:
Players who's cryo pod was locked down may not post or vote in the main game thread and are considered in stasis. However, the player's cryo pod may be disengaged by the engineer so please pay attention to the game. Players who are locked down in a cryo pod may NOT be voted for. The alien organism may NOT attempt to convert a player that has been locked down in his cryo pod. The guards MAY use their one shot incinerator guns to kill a player who is locked down in their cryo pod.

Game Sequencing:

Course Correction Boilerplate:
Computer Hacker: Which player's cryo pod medical report will you decrypt?
Symbiont: Will you lock down a player's cryo pod?
Alien: who will you attempt to convert?

All Course Correction Play orders must be in before the hard deadline, or forfeit.

Night Sequence of Resolution:
Symbiont order is processed.
Alien's order is processed.
Computer Hacker's medical report is decrypted.

Beginning of Day Sequence:
Results are sent to all relevant parties...

Beginning of Day Play Boilerplate:
Computer Hacker's medical report is announced in the main thread (Computer Hacker is not revealed).
Guard, will you use your pocket incinerator gun today?
Engineer, will you disengage a cryo pod's lockdown?

Voting:
Each day players will be able to place a vote for the player they wish to thrown out the airlock. Players that are locked down in a cryo pod can not be voted for.

Only votes (and withdraws) cast with the   tag are official.

A majority vote will close voting.
If the Day ends without a majority reached no player will be thrown out the airlock.

Deaths:
Dying player will always be revealed to be either Human, Symbiont, or Alien. Specific player roles will not be revealed. 

Last edited by Scoop20906 on Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Rule Changes:
  • Computer Hacker MUST make a scan each course correction.
  • The Symbiont can win if his Victory Condition is met even if he is currently dead.
  • The Symbiont will now survive and attempted conversion by the alien organism.
  • Cryo Pod Lockdown:
    Players who's cryo pod was locked down may not post or vote in the main game thread and are considered in stasis. However, the player's cryo pod may be disengaged by the engineer so please pay attention to the game. Players who are locked down in a cryo pod may NOT be voted for. The alien organism may NOT attempt to convert a player that has been locked down in his cryo pod. The guards MAY use their one shot incinerator guns to kill a player who is locked down in their cryo pod.
Players in Stasis:
1. theohall
2. Sean, Minister of KtSP
3. Mr Bubbles
4. Isgrimnur
5. Remus West
6. Grundbegriff
7. Newcastle
8. Lagom Lite
9. Chaosraven
10. pr0ner
11. tru1cy
12. Austin
Last edited by Scoop20906 on Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:34 pm, edited 15 times in total.

theohall

Post by theohall »

Sounds interesting....

All deaths via lynch or the two Marine shots.

Consider me IN stasis.
Sean, Minister of KtSP

Post by Sean, Minister of KtSP »

Hey, Scoop is back!

I'm in.
"Sweet dreams, Mr. Stiffly."
"I have told you, my name is not... ... ...Sweet dreams, Monster-san."
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Sean, Minister of KtSP wrote:Hey, Scoop is back!

I'm in.
HEY! :)

Don't really feel like playing in a game. (sorry Newcastle) but I do have the itch to run one.

Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Count me in Scoop. I'll be your Huckleberry.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I'll be IN for this one.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Scoop20906

Re: STARSHIP R.SCOTT (WW Game) (Open for Signups - Need 8)

Post by Scoop20906 »

I'm in no rush to start this game so I will keep it open until it fills up however long that takes.

I've been over the rulez a few times and I think they are pretty sound. I welcome anyone's suggestions as I have been known to not consider the most obvious issues. I'm really enjoy creating the scene and I don't get into the actual numbers as well as Grund or Chaos or Unagi.

I planned this game to be a paranoia-fest since there will be no secret forums for people to strategize and I really hope the sub-victory conditions for the human add to the paranoia.

Since this is a timed game I expect it to finish pretty quickly.

Sean, Minister of KtSP

Post by Sean, Minister of KtSP »

Poke, poke, poke.

Where'd everybody go?
"Sweet dreams, Mr. Stiffly."
"I have told you, my name is not... ... ...Sweet dreams, Monster-san."
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

In
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Scoop20906

Re: STARSHIP R.SCOTT (WW Game) (Open for Signups - Need 6)

Post by Scoop20906 »

Cool! You are both in stasis.

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies.

IN
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
theohall

Post by theohall »

Chaosraven wrote:I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies.

IN
Thanks for confirming your bad guy status. The mainframe has been informed.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

I keep on popping into this forum and each time i see this thread it looks up at me with big puppy dog eyes, just begging me to play. You know how hard it is to resist the puppy dog eyes look? IN

DANG YOU!
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Can I join? I've read lots of these games, but never played one. You can throw me out the airlock if I screw up too bad. :lol:

IN
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Lagom Lite wrote:Can I join? I've read lots of these games, but never played one. You can throw me out the airlock if I screw up too bad. :lol:

IN
Don't worry if you screw up enough you'll just be lynched.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Newcastle wrote:I keep on popping into this forum and each time i see this thread it looks up at me with big puppy dog eyes, just begging me to play. You know how hard it is to resist the puppy dog eyes look? IN

DANG YOU!
Happy to have you aboard. Your cryo pod is ice cold for you.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Lagom Lite wrote:Can I join? I've read lots of these games, but never played one. You can throw me out the airlock if I screw up too bad. :lol:

IN
Glad to have you play. Let me know if you have any questions for the mod.

You sure you are not another of Kraegor's alts? :wink:

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Scoop20906 wrote:

IN

You should be ashamed. He is way way way to polite for that. :lol:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Remus West wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:

IN

You should be ashamed. He is way way way to polite for that. :lol:
:ninja:

Who's Kraegor? :wink:
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Chaosraven wrote:I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies.

IN
In addition to including the 'raven, you might want to update the subject line of the first post to reflect the new number needed.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Grundbegriff wrote:

IN
In addition to including the 'raven, you might want to update the subject line of the first post to reflect the new number needed.
Done and Done.

pr0ner

Re: STARSHIP R.SCOTT (WW Game) (Open for Signups - Need 3)

Post by pr0ner »

Sure, why not. I'm in.
Hodor.
Scoop20906

Re: STARSHIP R.SCOTT (WW Game) (Open for Signups - Need 3)

Post by Scoop20906 »

pr0ner wrote:Sure, why not. I'm in.
Gotcha. You are now on ICE!

Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Scoop20906 wrote:Victory Conditions
Human Victory: All alien players are destroyed before arriving at Earth in 6 course corrections.
  • Human Sub-Victory A - Marine Guards and Engineer: When the overall human victory is achieved, Marine Guard, Engineer, and Symbiont are equal to or out number the Computer Hacker and Convicts
  • Human Sub-Victory B - Computer Hacker and Convicts: When the overall human victory is achieved, Computer Hacker and Convicts out number the Marine Guard, Engineer, and Symbiont.
Alien Victory: Number of alien players outnumbers number of Human and Symbiont players allowing aliens to take control of ship. Aliens may also win if one Alien Player is NOT locked down in its cryo pod when the STARSHIP arrives at earth.

Divergent Corp Victory: At least ONE alien player is locked down in cryo pod at the end of 6 course corrections.
Just to be sure I understand (especially the red part), I'd like to know whether this is a correct paraphrase of your victory conditions:

A: If All aliens are dead, then Victory goes to the human team with the largest population (Guards+Engineer | Convicts+Hacker); the Aliens and the Symbiont lose.

B: If exactly one alien is alive and he's locked in cryo when the ship reaches earth, then the Symbiont wins; the Aliens and the Humans lose.

C: If at least one living alien is on the loose when the ship reaches earth, then the Aliens win; the Symbiont and the Humans lose.

D: If the number of living aliens equals the number of non-aliens at any time, the Aliens win; the Symbiont and the Humans lose.

Is that right?

Questions:

1. Can Divergent Corporation win even if the Symbiont is dead, as long as condition B is satisfied?

2. You say: "If the Day ends without a majority reached no player will be thrown out the airlock." Doesn't that mean that it's possible to cooperate in killing nobody until the medical report exposes an alien? The aliens will kill a human, tipping the balance from one team to another, but it's possible to guarantee some kind of human victory by leaving the decision of whether to kill in the hands of the majority.

Does that seem broken?

If the crowd agrees to airlock only known aliens, then it is impossible for the Symbiont to win (by retaining an alien) unless both Engineers are dead; but they'll both be dead only if the aliens happen to kill them. Slim chance for the Symbiont.

If the crowd agreed only to airlock known aliens, then the Computer Hacker can stall the game by declining to scan until he knows his human team has a majority among humans. (This can be fixed by requiring the Medical scan.)
tru1cy

Re: STARSHIP R.SCOTT (WW Game) (Open for Signups - Need 2)

Post by tru1cy »

If you still need players then I'll join
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Just to be sure I understand (especially the red part), I'd like to know whether this is a correct paraphrase of your victory conditions:

A: If All aliens are dead, then Victory goes to the human team with the largest population (Guards+Engineer | Convicts+Hacker); the Aliens and the Symbiont lose.
scoop20906 wrote:Correct.
B: If exactly one alien is alive and he's locked in cryo when the ship reaches earth, then the Symbiont wins; the Aliens and the Humans lose.
C: If at least one living alien is on the loose when the ship reaches earth, then the Aliens win; the Symbiont and the Humans lose.
D: If the number of living aliens equals the number of non-aliens at any time, the Aliens win; the Symbiont and the Humans lose.
Is that right?

Questions:

1. Can Divergent Corporation win even if the Symbiont is dead, as long as condition B is satisfied?
scoop20906 wrote:Good Question. I say Yes. I will update the rulez.
2. You say: "If the Day ends without a majority reached no player will be thrown out the airlock." Doesn't that mean that it's possible to cooperate in killing nobody until the medical report exposes an alien? The aliens will kill a human, tipping the balance from one team to another, but it's possible to guarantee some kind of human victory by leaving the decision of whether to kill in the hands of the majority.

Does that seem broken?

If the crowd agrees to airlock only known aliens, then it is impossible for the Symbiont to win (by retaining an alien) unless both Engineers are dead; but they'll both be dead only if the aliens happen to kill them. Slim chance for the Symbiont.
scoop20906 wrote:I agree that the symbiont has a slim chance to win the game and I actually wanted it that way. Think of him as a fly in the ointment causing trouble for both sides. How about making the symbiont immune to alien organism conversion attempts but he instead does not die? He is still vulnerable to being tossed out a airlock.

Also remember that they is only 6 course corrections/turns. The Humans just can't wait it out and wait for scans.
If the crowd agreed only to airlock known aliens, then the Computer Hacker can stall the game by declining to scan until he knows his human team has a majority among humans. (This can be fixed by requiring the Medical scan.)
scoop20906 wrote:I agree that the hacker's medical scans must be mandatory. I will update the rulez.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

tru1cy wrote:If you still need players then I'll join
Cool. You are now cooling your heels in your cryo pod.

Austin

Re: STARSHIP R.SCOTT (WW Game) (Open for Signups - Need 1)

Post by Austin »

ἐv
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Austin wrote:ἐv
Assuming thats IN. Game is full.

Also, I made one last update to the rulez. The Computer Hacker's medical report now also reveals the role of any humans he scans (Marine Guard, Engineer or Convict).

I still need to decide if I want to make the symbiont immune to being killed by the alien. He could still be thrown out an airlock.

Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Scoop20906 wrote:Just to be sure I understand (especially the red part), I'd like to know whether this is a correct paraphrase of your victory conditions:

Is that right?

Questions:

scoop20906 wrote:Good Question. I say Yes. I will update the rulez.

Does that seem broken?

scoop20906 wrote:I agree that the symbiont has a slim chance to win the game and I actually wanted it that way. Think of him as a fly in the ointment causing trouble for both sides. How about making the symbiont immune to alien organism conversion attempts but he instead does not die? He is still vulnerable to being tossed out a airlock.

Also remember that they is only 6 course corrections/turns. The Humans just can't wait it out and wait for scans.
scoop20906 wrote:I agree that the hacker's medical scans must be mandatory. I will update the rulez.
The way you used quote there is freaking me out.

I just wanted to add that I think it would be better for the immune Symbiont to survive a failed conversion attempt. That way, the Aliens know he's the Symbiont, and they have to figure out whether and how to get him airlocked without exposing their own identities! (That would make for some fun. The Symbiont cannot be killed at night, so he'll have the same survival profile as an Alien and can be framed as such.)
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Scoop20906 wrote:Also, I made one last update to the rulez. The Computer Hacker's medical report now also reveals the role of any humans he scans (Marine Guard, Engineer or Convict).
What is the point of having a forced role-outing each day? Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like that would only serve to spoil people's plans for deception and intrigue. Species is enough, I think.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:Also, I made one last update to the rulez. The Computer Hacker's medical report now also reveals the role of any humans he scans (Marine Guard, Engineer or Convict).
What is the point of having a forced role-outing each day? Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like that would only serve to spoil people's plans for deception and intrigue. Species is enough, I think.
Okay, cool. I will switch it back. Also, making the symbiont immune to alien conversion and will not die now.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Grundbegriff wrote:The way you used quote there is freaking me out.
Sorry, just trying to save some time.

Ok, I am working on Day One. Sometime tonight (maybe late) I will send out roles and start the game.

Processing .....

Scoop20906

Re: STARSHIP R.SCOTT (WW Game) (Game Full - Roles dealt soon)

Post by Scoop20906 »

Roles are being sent out!!! :twisted:

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

****** CICP COMMUNICATIONS ****** Command Line >>

Input Received - Cryo Order Awake Code 55B.

COMPLYING ...

BEGIN CRYO POD ACTIVATION SEQUENCE

655 WARMING UP ROUTINE STARTED

655 WARMING UP ROUTINE FINISHED

========================

Occupant CRYO PODS RELEASING

UPDATING CREW ROSTER

**ERROR** FUNCTIONS IMPAIRED

INITIATE PROTOCOL 15

INITIATE CREW COMMUNICATION - A/V PORT #4

DUMP CREW COMMUNICATION - MAIN TERMINAL

||MAIN TERMINAL OUTPUT|| - ****** CICP COMMUNICATIONS ****** >> CREW, INITIATE REPAIR FUNCTION #15 - RESPOND WHEN COMPLETED.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

STARSHIP R.SCOTT - PROLOGUE

As the cryo pods open, those in stasis wake up and start to talk ...

..... smells like ozone in here, christ I hate cryo sleep ...

... its better then the lockdown ...

... f*ck, smells like dead rats in here ...

... hey, yeah somethings wrong, shouldn't there be guards and sh*t here ...

... yeah, somethings up. check out the terminal over here ...

Code: Select all

CREW, INITIATE REPAIR FUNCTION #15 - RESPOND WHEN COMPLETED.
... repair function #15, whats that sh*t supposed to mean ...

... I think it means something happened to the crew. I'm checking out the bridge ...

... screw that, we're all coming ...

The group arrived at the bridge to find the two dead bodies, one with a bullet hole in the head, an apparent suicide and another who looks like half his body has been turned inside out.

"Sh*t, the crew's dead. Ship's ours!!", laughed Chaosraven.

"Yeah, but aren't you worried about what did that to the crew? Especially that mangled one?" remarked tru1cy.

"There is a data pad here. Looks like a log entry", said theohall as he picked up the data pad and read it.

Cmmdr. Alan Hasker
Log Entry 23 - Personal Log

An alien organism has stowed away on the R.SCOTT. It attempted to "merge" with First Officer Badejo but I was able to drive it off. However, Badejo is comatose and I fear he will die within the hour. I'm not sure what happened to the alien organism but it appeared to be attempting to interact with the ship's on board systems and the Cryo Pods. I think some of them are damaged now. Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, the alien organism trigger a failsafe and all ship board systems are now encrypted. Even I can't access anything at this time to assess the damage the alien organism caused. Seems the company didn't trust me to follow "orders". No surprise there. Auto-pilot is engaged so we will make it to earth but with this alien organism on board I don't know if I will survive until we arrive. No telling what will happen if the alien organism does reach earth. I'd set off the self-destruct if I had the access.

I will say this. If that thing comes at me, I won't let it do what it did to Badejo to me. I'll put a slug in my head first.

If you are reading this then myself and First Officer Badejo are dead and you are on board a doomed vessel. Your only chance is to kill the alien organism before it gets you or this ship arrives to earth. We are looking at something that could wipe out the human race in a series of weeks.

If this is the company reading this, you can kiss my ass Chairman Mao.
"Sh*t, sh*t, sh*t. You mean we are stuck on board with some type of alien?" asked Isgrimnur.

"Looks like it. And worse. I'm pretty sure this ships don't just carry convicts for transport to the prison. I bet there are some guards and personnel here too." said Sean rubbing his chin.

"Funny you would bring that up. But, even so, who would we ice anyway? First things first, we need to take out this alien." commented Grundbegriff pounding his fist in his hand.

BEEP BEEP BEEP!!!

"Crap, check this out on the Main Terminal." remarked Newcastle.

COURSE CORRECTION UPCOMING IN 5 MINUTES. PLEASE RETURN TO YOUR ASSIGNED CRYO POD.
"Nice warning system this ship has. Wake us up and then ice us 10 mins later." gripped Mr Bubbles.

"I think there is something wrong with the ship. Remember that message about repair function #15?" mentioned Austin.

"Can't worry about that now. Lets head back to our pods before we get smeared all over the hull." stated pr0ner.

=============================================================
STARSHIP R.SCOTT - COURSE CORRECTION (NIGHT) ONE

Players:
theohall
Sean, Minister of KtSP
Mr Bubbles
Isgrimnur
Remus West
Grundbegriff
Newcastle
Lagom Lite
Chaosraven
pr0ner
tru1cy
Austin

Course Correction Boilerplate:
Computer Hacker: Which player's cryo pod medical report will you decrypt?
Symbiont: Will you lock down a player's cryo pod?
Alien: who will you attempt to convert?

All Course Correction Play orders must be in before the hard deadline, or forfeit. The hard deadline will be announced once all players have received their role PM from the moderator.