Star Wars: The Old Republic

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Fitzy

Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Post by Fitzy »

Daehawk wrote:They really did not bug check this Eternal addon. Im fighting outside the Gravestone and because of a bug Im stuck. I am supposed to talk to Lana...she has the thing above her head and all. But Im in combat and cant talk. But also the 3 knights I need to fight are in some kind of shield bubble and they are stuck that way. I cant hack through it to do any damage at all. So Im stuck...cant do a thing. thinking maybe if I log out and in it may fix it. But this kind of bug should not even exist.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=843812
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I tried running. I ran back to the Gravestone. Guess it wasn't far enough. Silly bug though.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Guess is there anything left of the story after I take Arcann out? It seems to want to send me back to Voss for some reason. Does the new stuff continue there or am I done with all the new stuff? Im hoping to get done before I get charged next month cause I really cant afford to keep playing.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Well its a tad bit embarrassing that me, the leader of a huge new powerful alliance, has no flagship to fly around in and look all important and stuff.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ive returned as a preferred player but I see no way to play now. I had 2 hotbars per side and 3 at the bottom when I left. Now I can only manage 1 on each side and 2 at the bottom. But worse still is my Jedi Shadow is missing hotbar buttons for a lot of his stuff and I cant move them. My bars are not locked yet nothing will allow me to drag and drop them into the bars.

And worse still as a shadow I depend on stealth a LOT but there is no stealth button anywhere. Ive looked through all skills and abilities and its not there. So I cant stealth. No way to play like that. This will be the second time in 3 days Ive taken hours to install it only to delete it.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im trying to make a return to SWTOR but one of my characters is missing all his attacks and such. One of my two seems fine after I fixed up all my extra hotbars. But one...my Jedi Consular....just has empty hotbars. He has a basic attack and alt attack and two force based ones...but everything else is gone. I cant find them in his skills even. He is the type class that can cloak. I cant find that anywhere nor can I find his force cloak ability. One of his attacks is strike from shadows..its on the bar but only works from cloaked.

Where are all my abilities??
Fitzy

Post by Fitzy »

Are you sure he’s leveled up? They sometimes refund all pints after major class changes. But I haven’t been paying attention much lately.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Thought about that but ya he is 70 still. I think the difference in the 2 characters is one was at base and he was inside a mission. As I played the mission he gained more skills back. By the end he has them all..I hope. I cant tell on mounts cause before it said I didn't have the skill now it says I cant ride where Im at. So hoping I have everything including mounts back. My hotbars are not full but I dont think his were full before. I have my stealth and stuff back. Was strange playing with only 2 base attacks..but I kicked butt easy.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Thought Id ask here before having to dlownload it to find out of spend money for a addon pack. Was hoping to try free again soon'ish.

Ive saw where they updated character graphics and styles for character creation. Im wondering if the new hair styles and looks are free or are they part of some pack? I cant find the video I saw them in now to link. What I saw was a human I think female with long white hair. Thats not standard and they said it was new. I just dont know if its all free with the free game.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ok Ive returned to test it a month and see if it holds my interest.

Does anyone know the name of the broken speeder? Its the one that sparks and flys slow and such. The only way there used to be to get it was during a special galaxy wide planet hopping quest. You had to go from planet to planet to dig parts from the desert. I think it was part of building HK droid. But there was a rare chance of digging up this speeder in the desert of Tatooine I think it was. Anyways I found one. I could have sworn it was a account wife item you could use on any character as I swear Ive used it on many of my guys. But I dont see it listed in my collections. There one that looks like it for sale on the fleet but searching that name doesn't show it in my collection either.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

QUESTION: Can I play this and only do the story missions for my character and still make it through the game and level well? Im playing again only for the story and Ive always done all side quests. But this is around my 23rd character and I dont want to burn out and quit. Im on Dromund Koss now and still doing all missions I can find but Im starting to wonder if I can just do story ones. Anyone know?
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

you can level just fine doing just story quests. I would recommend doing special missions that give the great gear- i forget what they are called but you can do them once per day. Yeah side missions get old in a hurry.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Good to know. Glad I dont have to do all those. They were fun once and interesting but the 20th time not so much.

Also......is custom augmented armor the way to go? Seems a lot of trouble when stuff I loot or can buy off the the auction is as good or better. I was thinking maybe instead of having to fool with all that item aug'n Id just make my custom outfit the one that appears like Im wearing it and use the cheap stuff with good stats as the real armor.

At least from what Im seeing I can wear anything I want but make it appear Im wearing custom outfits.
JCC

Post by JCC »

If you are a subscriber, then yes you can just do story quests and pretty much ignore anything else. You may also have to do some of the planet quests to not be a hair underleveled, but not all of them.

If you aren't subscribing then I would definitely do all planet and story quests, and you may need to find some other stuff to do to not be underleveled. (ie. some side quests, a flashpoint or two, etc.)

I have played all the classes through 2-3 times and that remains my favorite part of the game. I played through the post 50 stuff including Knights of the Fallen Empire. The story was good, but I didn't like it as much as the solo story stuff. I wish they would have added more classes and class stories rather than adding more post 50 content which I don't find as enjoyable.

I pretty much solely play this as a single player game. I get the itch to go back every so often, and I usually just pay for 2 months (costs $30 and does NOT auto-renew) and if I play a lot I can get through all 8 class stories.
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Seeing this post bumped made me want to go back and give SWTOR another look. Been itching for a good SW story, and would really like to finish at least one more class story (only finished one so far). Sprung for the 60-day sub and rolled up a Jedi Knight, which is a class I started way back on release (got about halfway through) but never actually finished.

Game still does a great job of capturing the SW feel and telling a great story.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I just play for the story not the people but I gotta say the game has a ton of people in it still.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

This current playthrough is reinforcing my opinion that SWTOR is a very fun Star Wars story and experience, but not a very good game. The biggest problem is with the difficulty, or complete lack thereof. Even as someone who prefers their games on the easier side, this is a bit silly. Playing through the main story, there is literally no challenge at all. I’ve played for 15 hours now and am about halfway to max level. I have yet to see my health bar dip below 80%. I have yet to use a single restorative skill, a single health pack, or a defensive cool down ability. Bosses that are built up as this powerful beings who are able to defeat multiple Jedi go down in about 20 seconds without me losing even a sliver of health.

I think part of the problem stems from some significant imbalancing. I haven’t done a single side quest, dungeon, or any other activity outside of the main story quests, and I’m already overleveled for each zone. I’m starting zones that are intended for levels 28-32 at level 33. I’ve actually stopped using my XP boosts because I don’t want to be even more overleveled. I can only imagine how bad it would be if I was doing anything other than just playing through the story. I’m sure there’s probably a ton of end-game content that ramps up the difficulty, but playing through the story is laughably easy.

The excellent story, fun worlds, and general badassery of slicing through baddies with a lightsaber still has me hooked, and I’m hoping it stays that way long enough to at least finish the main campaign and see some of the new stuff.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Skinypupy wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:53 pm This current playthrough is reinforcing my opinion that SWTOR is a very fun Star Wars story and experience, but not a very good game. The biggest problem is with the difficulty, or complete lack thereof. Even as someone who prefers their games on the easier side, this is a bit silly. Playing through the main story, there is literally no challenge at all. I’ve played for 15 hours now and am about halfway to max level. I have yet to see my health bar dip below 80%. I have yet to use a single restorative skill, a single health pack, or a defensive cool down ability. Bosses that are built up as this powerful beings who are able to defeat multiple Jedi go down in about 20 seconds without me losing even a sliver of health.

I think part of the problem stems from some significant imbalancing. I haven’t done a single side quest, dungeon, or any other activity outside of the main story quests, and I’m already overleveled for each zone. I’m starting zones that are intended for levels 28-32 at level 33. I’ve actually stopped using my XP boosts because I don’t want to be even more overleveled. I can only imagine how bad it would be if I was doing anything other than just playing through the story. I’m sure there’s probably a ton of end-game content that ramps up the difficulty, but playing through the story is laughably easy.

The excellent story, fun worlds, and general badassery of slicing through baddies with a lightsaber still has me hooked, and I’m hoping it stays that way long enough to at least finish the main campaign and see some of the new stuff.
Have you switched out of story mode?
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Jaddison wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:05 pm
Skinypupy wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:53 pm This current playthrough is reinforcing my opinion that SWTOR is a very fun Star Wars story and experience, but not a very good game. The biggest problem is with the difficulty, or complete lack thereof. Even as someone who prefers their games on the easier side, this is a bit silly. Playing through the main story, there is literally no challenge at all. I’ve played for 15 hours now and am about halfway to max level. I have yet to see my health bar dip below 80%. I have yet to use a single restorative skill, a single health pack, or a defensive cool down ability. Bosses that are built up as this powerful beings who are able to defeat multiple Jedi go down in about 20 seconds without me losing even a sliver of health.

Have you switched out of story mode?
Didn’t even know that was an option. Is that a toggle somewhere?

Might be the first time I’ve ever played in a non-easy mode. Lol
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

right click your character portrait over your bars and you will see difficulty selection. Not sure that it kicks in on all side quests and things but definitely kicks in on story missions, heroics etc
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Thanks, will give that a shot tonight.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ive completed my class story and all the planet stories to that point. Im now doing Illum but after it I plan to sit the new character aside and go back to some older ones in their late 30s and early 40s levels and complete their class stories. They are classes Ive never seen the end of.
JCC

Post by JCC »

Enjoy! The class stories as I noted are my favorite part of SWTOR. Make sure you play the imperial agent story if you haven't. That story is awesome, and definitely my favorite among the non-force using classes. It also actually has some meaningful choices you can make that change the story some.
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I have a 50 agent so I musta completed it but dont remember it at all. Ill either watch a video or perhaps finish my lvl 36 sniper agent or something too.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Is anyone playing this and can log in right now? Its been fine then today I cant log in. It simply says error and brings up a security key box. Ive entered many keys that my little fob gives me but I get the same result. I then went to the main site online and it was suddenly in German. I started thinking maybe my account was hijacked but dont see how thats possible as I use this security code generator to log in each time. I then imput the wrong password on purpose to see what that did and it brought up a bad login name / pass error with the pw box empty so I know I had that in right.

I clicked forgot password to change my PW and got the email but when I try to enter a new password it brings up that error and a security code box. Its as if my security fob is not creating correct number codes .
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

I am logged in right now and had to use the key as well.

No issues so far
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Then I have no clue other than the old fob. I got it around 2010. I have to push and push and push the button for a code number. It will finally show some garbled junk stuff then a number pops up. It didn't used to do that but has been like this for a month now since I rejoined and still worked. Maybe I should call and have them check my account.

And thank you for the reply. helps me a lot with the info.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Talked to support. After verifying who I was he simply deleted the security code requirement and I am able to log into the game and the website. He said they stopped using the physical keyfobs in 2017 and that also they can become out of sync. So maybe thats it. Im about to re-add the security code requirement 'after' I download the security code app.

Edit: I noticed 2 things. The security code app only supplies a 6 digit number ...that works....and the old fob was a 8 digit key. And also when I started the game there was a tiny little patch update. So small I barely saw it blink. Perhaps they phased out the old fobs today .
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Not sure how many times Ive heard this in game....

"We created these wonderful magical powerful weapons"
"We locked them away when we were attacked. If the bad guys get them no telling what would happen"

*SLAPS FOREHEAD*

Maybe one day Ill run upon someone that says ....

"We used those weapons on the enemy and it worked"

But probably not.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I liked Koth's "Bye Lana" right before I ran him through. Damn ship stealer. And for the LAST time its MY ship!
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I burned out again around the mid-50's.

I now have 5 different characters that I've gotten to around that same point and simply lost interest because the gameplay is so boring. :(
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Damn game story. Ive just started the Iokath stuff after completing the Eternal lines. Iokath is mine damnit yet the Republic and Empire both invade it and Im forced to choose one ally. I dont want either of them on MY damn world. I fought for this. Im Eternal leader now. its MY alliance. I want to attack them both. But my only choice it to pick a side to ally with. BULLSHIT!
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

took me 2 months but I levels a new character through to the end of the entire game plus all addons including the new one, finished off 5 other characters stories, attained living legend status and had a lot of fun.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I can't stop making alts in Star Wars: The Old Republic – Legacy of the Sith
Here we go again. Like The Meaning of Life's Mr Creosote, fit to burst but still hungry for that wafer-thin mint, I have found myself once more creating too many alts in Star Wars: The Old Republic. But this time it's not a lack of self-restraint, I swear. I mean, it is that a little bit, but SWTOR's new expansion, Legacy of the Sith, is also to blame, making the allure of a new character impossible to resist.

See, as well as bumping up the level cap to 80 and continuing the story that started in Onslaught, Legacy of the Sith also completely overhauls the class system, and the relationship between class and story. It is, pardon my Huttese, abso-fucking-lutely brilliant.

Before diving into this, it's worth noting that Legacy of the Sith has gone down like the Holiday Special. It's a short update, story-wise, introduces hideous UI changes, reduces how many new abilities you can grab as you level up and has plenty of bugs. A lot of players ain't too impressed. And yeah, it's pretty disappointing overall. But this is one place where I feel like it's been a success.
Has anyone here taken this out for a spin since this update landed? On the one hand, I'm sitting here looking at my OG security key and wondering just how much longer the battery will last. On the other hand, I don't really want to add another MMO to my current rotation.

But on the gripping hand, I do like rolling alts... :think:
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Hahah funny you should bump this as Ive had this game on my mind for a week now and Ive been checking out the new addon in videos. Im just waiting until I finish Mass Effect again and have some money next month to join up and make a new alt. I think it will be my 25th alt. I have already gained Legendary status by having maxed out and completed the story for all classes. But eh why not . I love the game.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ok I think its time. Im only playing 12 games right now so might have some spare time :) My friend rejoined so I might as well take a look at the new stuff.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Its been downloading for 6 hours at 8mbps. Its 3/4 done. Ive NEVER seen this game download SO SLOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooow. I get 50+mbps. Their server SUX
JCC

Post by JCC »

Pro tip: Install via Steam. Much quicker.
Black Lives Matter

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

It finally finished but then died on 60% of install. I finally ended it , rebooted, and let it finish. It was almost instant then.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

As soon as we find the Gravestone ship and Karth auto becomes my companion for a part.

Karth sounding a bit nervous - "I dont like standing around. You never know what you'll.....oh hey! a coin."