Random randomness

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Kraken

Re: Random randomness

Post by Kraken »

Anonymous Bosch wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:43 am
As a few of the most famous stoic philosophers famously put it:

Yeah but that dude turned to stone after he said it.

I once thought I had invented the idea that happiness comes not from having more, but from wanting less, until I found out that someone else beat me to it a thousand years. But he probably turned to stone, too. It's best not to think too much, lest you too get stoned.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I was able to get in touch with my bank today and ask about their overdraft. They said no worries that there is no fee for overdrafts UNDER $5. Thats great! Wish banks would do that or a bit more...better yet remove it. I guess they make too much money on them...then again if you cant afford money in the bank to avoid overdrafts how do they expect you to pay an overdraft lol.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Many banks have eliminated overdraft fees, including one very special to my heart (and wallet).
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I just learned that Tim Matheson voiced Jonny Quest. Mind blown.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Well. My check went in today sometime. No idea why. It should be Monday. So unless theres a holiday I dont know of I have no clue why it went in today. Would have been nice to know though as it was nice town weather. Gonna rain monday...grr...Maybe I can get a battery tomorrow..not sure the auto dept is open tomorrow..will call.

Gonna rain all week and me with no windows or ac in the car..I can force one down if I try...but cant bank tomorrow..will have to go in the rain and just get soaked I guess.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Posting this here since the other news about him was in this thread.

Jeremy Renner is doing amazing now after that snow plow accident. Near the end she reads off all his broken bones and injuries....Ribs broken in 14 places

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Sigh.

Comcast has stopped even giving estimates on when they are going to start work on restoring service. Not on when it will be restored, just when they will start work.

It feels petty to complain, given what's happened, but dammit, I'm gonna.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Eggs are almost back to normal. Food Lion has their brand dozen $1.88. 18 for $2.40 I think it was. Good deal. Then of course you have name brand like Egglands Best or whatever that scam is for $8 still lol. Egg is an egg is an egg unless its a banana.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Good lord, I look at the posts from the last few days and I see nothing but typos and the wrong words. With the internet still down, I'm limited to my phone for posting.

It's showing.

Sorry. :|
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Aw dammit! I bought a 60lb bag of mortar mix yesterday because i was on that side of town anyways. I got home and got it out of the trunk but my back was killing me so I sat it down on some wood posts until later. But I forgot it and it rained all night and day. SHIT. Now its soaked and ruined. Sigh. Theres $8 down the drain I really couldn't waste plus the place is on the other end of town so may wait until next month.

I need to seal my well cap to 1. Keep debris out of it and 2. Keep anyone from sliding it over and falling in.

I swear if I go out there one day and someone moved it and fell in and is yelling up at me they're gonna sue me..Im just sliding that cap back in place lol, ......jk Id flip them off first.....jk.

EDIT: If its just the outside layer that got wet maybe the inside amount is still powder. Ill see tomorrow when it drys out.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I get that it is a complex situation, but Comcast hasn't provided an update on restoring services in three days. If it is going to be several days, or if it is going to be several weeks - fine.

But for god's sake, let people know so that they can cancel appointments or make arrangements!
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Forgot to post about some shitty person somewhere in my town. I wish I knew who they were.

Last week when I was fooling with the car so much and the dead battery I noticed someone had hit the back drivers side quarter panel with 'something'. I cant tell what. Its right about the wheel well fender flare. It didn't hit the flare itself but there is a chunk of paint missing on the flared part. It is dented in a circle or circle like pattern above the flare and has 3 or 4 bb sized paint flecks knocked out.

So Im thinking buggy in a parking lot. One tall enough to miss the wheel flare but hit the quarter panel. Dont think its a baseball cause of the individual paint spots missing and it has a strange shaped dent or dents to it.

No note or anything of course. Fucking coward. Just another bad part of my car. Maybe one day Ill fix that but I was hoping to fix more important stuff. Had planned to have it painted one day...now theres body work involved .
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

yuck..was supposed to be up at 8am this morn for town..only good day all week..woke up 30 min ago puking and shitting...food poisoned..AGAIN argh...last thing I ate late last night was scrambled eggs..guess Im throwing them and other stuff away.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

We realized after mom passed that we didn't have her iTunes password, so we haven't been able to access any of the devices she left behind (her iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or MacBook). We did set up an Apple "Legacy ID" which gives us access to her iCloud account (so we can download her pictures, contacts, etc.) but that doesn't allow us to log into her actual devices.

I figured getting access would be a simple matter of establishing that I'm the executor of mom's estate and providing Apple with her death certificate, right? Nope. In order for them to give me access to reset the password on her iTunes account, I have to literally obtain a court order.
We received your recent escalation. The case notes indicate you would like to take over a loved ones Apple ID.

If this is correct, the following are required to move forward with this option:

The decedent’s Apple ID

A copy of the decedent's death certificate

A court order that specifies all of the following:

The decedent was the owner of all accounts associated with the Apple ID.

The requestor is the administrator or the legal personal representative of the decedent’s estate.

As administrator or legal personal representative, the requestor is the “agent” of the decedent, and their authorization constitutes “lawful consent” as those terms are used in the Electronic Communications Privacy Act or equivalent law.

Apple is ordered by the court to assist in the recovery of decedent's personal data from their accounts, which may contain third party personally identifiable information or data.
So, two takeaways here:

1. If you ever die, rest assured that no one will get access to your Apple data without expending very significant effort to do so.
2. Make sure you have your loved ones' iTunes password. Otherwise you'll end up with a whole bunch of devices that you can't use. :lol:
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Skinypupy wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:51 am 2. Make sure you have your loved ones' iTunes password. Otherwise you'll end up with a whole bunch of devices that you can't use. :lol:
If it's simply about use of the devices, won't a factory reset take care of that? You shouldn't need her account for that.

I have tried to equip my family to deal with this situation, I have a password manager that we all have access to, but have yet to convince anyone else to actually use it. If I die and my wife can't access our accounts, well, I tried.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

coopasonic wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:14 am
Skinypupy wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:51 am 2. Make sure you have your loved ones' iTunes password. Otherwise you'll end up with a whole bunch of devices that you can't use. :lol:
If it's simply about use of the devices, won't a factory reset take care of that? You shouldn't need her account for that.
You have to put in the iTunes password to initiate a factory reset.

Trust me, I spent nearly 3 hours on the phone with Apple's tech support last weekend trying to figure out a way around it.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Still tossing stuff out of both ends. Been over 4 hours. Maybe its getting close to ending. Getting a bit longer between rounds to the bathroom.

Also my guts are hurting down low. Not cramping and not the muscles for vomiting. Low like below my belly but above my bladder. Hurting across there in pain.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Ptomaine?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
telcta

Post by telcta »

I've been watching the progress on this gas station as they replace the underground tanks. They're laying flexible tubing in a trench to connect to the pumps. I wondered what was underneath the concrete. It's my understanding tanks have to be replaced after so many years. This work has been going on close to a year.

Enlarge Image

Here's a look at the old tank.
Enlarge Image

Building the support structure for the new tank.
Enlarge Image
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Damn, your gas is expensive.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

It's been a while since my UST course, but that plastic tubing might be a vapor recovery system. Basically it's to capture the vapors that come out of the gas tank of your car during the refueling process. If there's a flexible "accordion style" boot that is over the actual pump nozzle, that is the vapor recovery system that's taking gas fumes from your car and returning it to the gas station - for free!

Depending on how much gas the station pumps a year, they might have been exempt from installing it, but if they pump over a certain number of gallons annually, your state laws might have required that install these upgrades.

Yes, I've inspected gas stations. And dry cleaners. And boilers. The more I think about it, I've had a very weird career. :)
Maybe next year, maybe no go
telcta

Post by telcta »

Skinypupy wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:24 pm Damn, your gas is expensive.
That was when gas prices spiked last year and the station closed. Currently it’s about $3.30 at Cumberland down the street.
Smoove_B wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:33 pm It's been a while since my UST course, but that plastic tubing might be a vapor recovery system. Basically it's to capture the vapors that come out of the gas tank of your car during the refueling process.
That would make sense. It did look a little flimsy to transport gasoline. It looks like the caps haven't been hooked up yet so there may be more piping. I'll keep an eye on it. I thought those trenches would be deeper but it's cool to see how that's all put together.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

dbt1949 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:09 pmPtomaine?
Dont know. Sister says theres a stomach bug going around too. Im pretty sure it food poisoning again. Had it like 6 times or so and cant tell.

I have nothing special to drink and too sick to go to town and get anything. Id love some powerade or Sprite. Sprite more than anything. Ive not had anything all day yet. Usually I wait until late evening to drink a sprite..but im sooo thirsty right now.

Sister says drink water even if I puke it back. Never tried that before but she raised two kids so think ill try to get a little water in me.

That lower gut pain is doubling me over almost. Dont know why I hurt and cant take anything for it if I had anything.

EDIT!! Hey I can use Dorrdash
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

You absolutely need to drink water, in small sips. Dehydration is a serious thing.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

gilraen wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:20 pm You absolutely need to drink water, in small sips. Dehydration is a serious thing.
Thats what Im doing now. Waiting on my doordash...have powerade, sprite, ginger ale, and bananas coming.

NM its here. Stuck one of each drink in the freezer to chill..cant wait. Sprite first then powerade or gingerale...
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Daehawk wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:49 pm
gilraen wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:20 pm You absolutely need to drink water, in small sips. Dehydration is a serious thing.
Thats what Im doing now. Waiting on my doordash...have powerade, sprite, ginger ale, and bananas coming.

NM its here. Stuck one of each drink in the freezer to chill..cant wait. Sprite first then powerade or gingerale...
Just a reminder to not let those drinks freeze
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ive forgotten stuff a few times.Most times the plastic expands...unfortunately glass does not :)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Dont wanna jinx anything but not tossed in 5 or so hours. Now its the recovery time. Im so weak. I feel ok then get out of bed and almost feel like hitting the floor. Im drinking more of the Powerade than the soft drinks now.

I wont eat until tomorrow most likely....may cracker if I have any. I was supposed to go to town today and do my banking...have to pay mortgage after all. But now Im hoping for tomorrow. The last good weather day all week.

Im still running a fever. Not checked it but I can feel it.

Im still in pain in my lower left gut. Could be that kidney as its the one that had the surgery...or something else. But Im afraid to take Tylenol or Ibuprofen afraid it will mess with my stomach after all that poisoning.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Blackhawk wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:46 pm Good lord, I look at the posts from the last few days and I see nothing but typos and the wrong words. With the internet still down, I'm limited to my phone for posting.

It's showing.

Sorry. :|
Believe me, I don't think any of us are judging given the circumstances. I mean, at your worst you aren't exactly Mortis level of huh.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Temp is up over a degree more now. 100.7. Not sure why after all day it starts getting worse. Ill let it run because maybe it will help...until it gets like 101.5 then Im treating it with Tylenol or Aspirin.

Almost 102 now..101.9. Took 2 Tylenol. Hope it helps and doesn't hurt my empty stomach. Took them with Sprite.

edit: Feeling better today. The fever broke during the night. Im still crapping water though and Im super damn sore from vomiting. But Im not weak like I was yesterday. Went to the bank and stuff and then picked up some soup to eat for a couple days.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I relist an item on Marketplace and 1 hour later.."IS this still available"....no I just relisted it for old times sake.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

So sore. Every muscle from my neck to my bladder is sore as hell. Can barely get around . laughing hurts like hell....those muscles got some workout yesterday.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I got a letter informing me that my application for a new Mastercard could not be completed due to my credit report freeze. This is why I have a credit report freeze. I didn't apply for a Mastercard.

Everything looks copacetic with my credit report, so hopefully this was just some jackaloon mailing in a pre-approved junkmail offer that I didn't shred.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I got a hard inquiry against TransUnion earlier this week. And a soft inquiry against one of the other companies (I always confuse the two E's). I went to all three and put in Fraud Alerts. You may want to do that.

I discovered that a freeze doesn't protect you from them trying with any company that you already have an account with. :(

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

You're in a house with two children. One is a step child and the other is you "real" child and the house catches on fire and you can only save one child. Which one do you save?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

dbt1949 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:48 pm You're in a house with two children. One is a step child and the other is you "real" child and the house catches on fire and you can only save one child. Which one do you save?
Which one do I like more? Genetic parentage has never meant anything to me, as an adoptee. For the past year a woman who thinks I'm her father has been pestering me thru Facebook because it really matters to her. I probably am, but I don't care enough to find out. Especially since I'd be treading on the friend who raised her as his.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

dbt1949 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:48 pm You're in a house with two children. One is a step child and the other is you "real" child and the house catches on fire and you can only save one child. Which one do you save?
The decision made in the heat of the moment ( :ninja: ) has to involve that perspective. Which one can I get to? Which one do I think has the better shot of getting out on their own? But no, parental responsibility isn't limited to genetics.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Save the one that owes you money.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Daehawk wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:00 am Save the one that owes you money.
Easier to collect through probate.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

The one closer to the door.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter