2024 Fundraising - $1192 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

BSG boardgame

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

stessier

BSG boardgame

Post by stessier »

I just saw Ezra's review on Popehat of the BSG board game.

So which of our independently wealthy gamers is going to run out and get it so we can see how it translates into a forum game?? After playing in Roborally, I bet we could get this to work as well.

At the very least, it might give Lassr some new ideas to work into his next game. :D
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Chaosraven

Re: BSG boardgame

Post by Chaosraven »

Wanna see a Game last all year?

Play TITAN as a Forum Game...
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

stessier wrote:So which of our independently wealthy gamers is going to run out and get it so we can see how it translates into a forum game??
Hmmm... $35 - $40, eh?

I guess I'll have to wait until LordMortis orders his to get one... :twisted:
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Chaosraven wrote:I guess I'll have to wait until LordMortis orders his to get one... :twisted:
Kiss my lily what ass. Just don't tongue jack the brown eye.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

LordMortis wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:I guess I'll have to wait until LordMortis orders his to get one... :twisted:
Kiss my lily what ass. Just don't tongue jack the brown eye.
Where is that damned puking smiley when you really need it.
:puke:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I'm amazed that I haven't seen the best of all games that would go in the forums... Diplomacy. It's all politicking and simultaneous orders.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Isgrimnur wrote:I'm amazed that I haven't seen the best of all games that would go in the forums... Diplomacy. It's all politicking and simultaneous orders.
You missed it then. I ran several games of it.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Paging Hepcat...

I think he's played it too.

Saw it in-store and all I can say is that the contents of BSG are impressive. If they're all necessary, it might make forum gaming tough.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Remus West wrote:
Isgrimnur wrote:I'm amazed that I haven't seen the best of all games that would go in the forums... Diplomacy. It's all politicking and simultaneous orders.
Links weren't good enough?

Now I have to dig up every werewolf game ever played (in order) to fix this damned forum. :wink:
"Where are you off to?"

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Remus West wrote:
Damn, Remus.....
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Isgrimnur wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Damn, Remus.....
I happen to love that game but it did not seem to generate enough interest to continue running games as folks petered out on it. :? :(
purge

Post by purge »

Chaosraven wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Links weren't good enough?

Now I have to dig up every werewolf game ever played (in order) to fix this damned forum. :wink:
Quit poking zombies, damnit.
I would like to apologize to anyone I have not offended.
Please be patient - I will get to you shortly.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Remus West wrote:
Isgrimnur wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Damn, Remus.....
I happen to love that game but it did not seem to generate enough interest to continue running games as folks petered out on it. :? :(
I can see it getting old after a few games with the same players. A rest period is probably a good thing. If there's rumblings of war with the Spring thaw, I will gladly sally forth to the field of battle.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I already own it. Its a great game and the bits are very good.

I guess I could give running a BSG game a shot. Since I have never run a virual boardgame before I would need some patience from the players.

How do you guys handle the showing the board and things like that?
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

BoardGameGeek had high quality scans of the robo Rally boards that I was able to use drag and drop onto in Photoshop.

There's a 3072 x 2304 version of this shot in the images section. You'll need to sign up for an account.

Enlarge Image
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I suspose I could just take pictures of everything that happens and host them.

Hmmmm.

I think I am up for this. Maybe we can start after the christmas holidays as I wont have much time.

So, we need 6 players. How much interest do we have?

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Anyone catch Robot Chicken this last week? Ron Moore was one of the guest voices. He revealed how the show is written.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Scoop20906 wrote:I suspose I could just take pictures of everything that happens and host them.

Hmmmm.

I think I am up for this. Maybe we can start after the christmas holidays as I wont have much time.

Doing IRL will be more work than Photoshopping. I don't know how big the board is, but when I was working on RR, I was planning on stitching multipls scans together to get the boards right. A lot of the cards and pieces have already been shot at BGG. I would highly recommend you check that out to minimize your workload.
mipe

Post by mipe »

Finland doesn't show Battlestar Galactica, so I probably don't know anything at all about the series, expect cylons are bad guys. If one doesn't need any 'back-ground information', I could join.
Roleplaying in Massive Multiplayer Online Role-playing game?
BLASHPHEMY!!

Do you like OO? Do you like Civilization? Do you like Fall From Heaven 2? If you answer yes at all, come to viewtopic.php?f=4&t=62242
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Isgrimnur wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:I suspose I could just take pictures of everything that happens and host them.

Hmmmm.

Doing IRL will be more work than Photoshopping. I don't know how big the board is, but when I was working on RR, I was planning on stitching multipls scans together to get the boards right. A lot of the cards and pieces have already been shot at BGG. I would highly recommend you check that out to minimize your workload.
Thanks, I will go there. The only time consuming part of hosting this game is the card management.

However, the way the game turns work, I think it can work out pretty well. I am up for the challenge.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

mipe wrote:Finland doesn't show Battlestar Galactica, so I probably don't know anything at all about the series, expect cylons are bad guys. If one doesn't need any 'back-ground information', I could join.
I think somebody can give us a quick overview of the show and the main characters each person can play in the game.