2024 Fundraising - $1001 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

Can someone catch me up on last week's Lost happenings?

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Can someone catch me up on last week's Lost happenings?

Post by Zaxxon »

I missed last week's (damn that show for being on 4 days pre-Tivo!), and I'd like to be up to speed before watching tonight's episode.

COME, GG KNOWLEDGEBASE!
Boudreaux

Post by Boudreaux »

Spoilers, obviously. I watched the last two weeks' worth last night, and hopefully I can keep them separate.

Let's see - much character exposition and development on John Locke (the scarred backgammon guy). Turns out he was making the trip of his lifetime to the Australian Outback for a walkabout tour. He was denied at the gate to the final bus out into the wilderness because, surprise, he was paralyzed and in a wheelchair. Something in the plane crash fixed him, and he can walk. This is in reference to something he mentioned to Walt (the black kid) about having experienced a miracle.

At the beginning of the episode, wild boars invaded the camp. They appeared to be rooting around the corpses in the fuselage. Jack decided they needed to burn the fuselage and the bodies. Some resisted, some wanted a memorial.

A hunting expedition was made into the jungle to try to kill a boar for food. Locke, the black guy, and Kate went on the hunt. It turns out Locke's luggage contained a large selection of rather vicious-looking knives, giving them something to hunt with. On the hunt the black guy was injured and Locke went off alone to hunt. He seemed to encounter one of the huge beasties that shakes all the trees, but lied about it when he returned at the end of the episode with a dead boar.

Back at the camp there was some stuff with the bitchy girl and her brother, and Jack visited the black woman he saved at the beginning (Grace?), who claimed that her husband (who was in the tail) is not dead. Shortly thereafter Jack saw what appeared to be a man in a suit standing off in the bushes a ways away. He saw him again later and gave chase, to no avail.

That's about all I remember. There might be some spoiler summaries of the episode on the web somewhere that are more comprehensive.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

They're still lost.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
tgb

Post by tgb »

The Howells were upset that they didn't have their formal clothes to wear to dinner. Oh, and the Professor made a radio out of seaweed, coconuts, and a bicycle.
Koz

Post by Koz »

Oh man, I'm starting racquetball on Wednesday nights from now on which means no more Lost for me :(
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Koz wrote:Oh man, I'm starting racquetball on Wednesday nights from now on which means no more Lost for me :(
You, sir, need a Tivo!

Thanks, Bourdreaux!
Tscott

Post by Tscott »

I just read elsewhere that ABC will be re-showing last weeks Lost and this weeks Lost on Saturday. You can catch up then.
She's the puzzle piece behind the couch that makes the sky complete.
Charlatan

Post by Charlatan »

www.televisionwithoutpity.com has recaps, just go to the Lost forum.
When all is said and done, there's more said than done.
jlu

Post by jlu »

Oh I hope that ABC is reshowing this week's Lost on Saturday.

It'll save me rewiring my system so that I can watch the Red Sox tonight!
Fishy

Post by Fishy »

I do believe what happened was that there was a crisis just as one survivor's unknown story was told to all, and then the crisis was narrowly avoided. The episode ended in a cliffhanger to try to get you to watch again next week.

I personally don't like this show. It seemed fresh at first, but now has faded into the shades of gray that is most television programming. In my opinion, it is like feeding Ajax directly to your brain.

[edit] I watched Lost one too many times and now I can't spell [/edit]
Odin

Post by Odin »

Fishy wrote:I personally don't like this show. It seemed fresh at first, but now has faded into the shades of gray that is most television programming. In my opinion, it is like feeding Ajax directly to your brain.
Wouldn't that result in a grizzly, painful death?
Fishy

Post by Fishy »

Yep