em2nought

Re: Overlords Investment Conclave [OIC] Recruitment Thread

Post by em2nought »

So is buying into an IPO done just like a regular stock purchase? :think:
"Four more years!" "Pause." LMAO
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

If you are one of the plebs then, yes. If you are special then you are truly buying in to the IPO and getting the IPO set pricing before the plebs. If you are special then you know it and wouldn't be asking, you'd be working with the bank making the IPO happening.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

LordMortis wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:10 am If you are one of the plebs then, yes.
I'm definitely one of the peons. :lol:
"Four more years!" "Pause." LMAO
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:41 pm Any of the 4 people left on OO that are also reading this board, currently or previously owned any cannabis or psychedelic related stocks? (or plan to buy in the future) I need someone other than the freaking Yahoo finance board to bounce shit off of. Preferably someone with a brain cell or two, and/or above the mental age/maturity of 15. :D

Reddit is pretty good, and far and above the Yahoo boards' trash, but I'm hoping for "next level" discussion. :D
I still have some CRON. Haven't really been following the space that much though.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

em2nought wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:19 am So is buying into an IPO done just like a regular stock purchase? :think:
Unless you're special, you buy it when it is a regular stock starting the day it is offered on the open market.

It's almost always better to wait though. Day 1 euphoria usually means a big premium.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:58 am It's almost always better to wait though. Day 1 euphoria usually means a big premium.
Yep *COUGH* RIVIAN *COUGH*
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I believe in RIVIAN and made a few bucks off them but not much and not with many shares. Maybe it's time show some faith and get back in with a couple hundred shares, enough to sell options and cut in half with profit if they take an unexpected short term upturn. I think they will survive, unlike pretty much every other EV start up except TSLA. It's something to think about after the first when my next CDs mature. :think:
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

LordMortis wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:39 am I believe in RIVIAN and made a few bucks off them but not much and not with many shares. Maybe it's time show some faith and get back in with a couple hundred shares, enough to sell options and cut in half with profit if they take an unexpected short term upturn. I think they will survive, unlike pretty much every other EV start up except TSLA. It's something to think about after the first when my next CDs mature. :think:
I sold mine at a loss relatively recently. I think my cost basis was low $30's and I sold around $23 or $24. I felt bad at the time, but now I feel much better looking at the current price, wow! I was expecting it to drop into the teens, but didn't expect $10, Jesus.

Yeah, if you think they will even survive (or get acquired), now would probably be a great time to buy. That whole Georgia plant kerfuffle really turned me off of the investment as a whole. And the fact that the vehicles themselves are not as wildly popular as I assumed they would be when I first bought.

What about the poor bastards that bought at IPO, or even within a few days, from $100 to $128?! Gah.