DVD Tuesday (10/19)

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Defiant

DVD Tuesday (10/19)

Post by Defiant »

Last edited by Defiant on Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
freelunch

Post by freelunch »

I'll be picking up Bionicle 2 - Legends of Metru Nui for my son's sixth birthday, and I imagine I'll also grab Spongebob Squarepants: Season Two eventually.

this week in Region 4 I'm getting Seasons 1-3 of Seinfeld.
CSL

Post by CSL »

When is Seinfeld coming out in Region 1? And for how much?
Odin

Post by Odin »

Ooh, Universal Soldier! I'll have to pick that up in my ongoing effort to replace my tapes with DVDs.

Sith
rrmorton

Post by rrmorton »

I loved the book Helter Skelter so I may have to rent the new DVD just to see if it's any good. I suspect it isn't.

I also might rent Van Helsing.

Arrested Development on DVD is tempting but I think I'll pass for now.

I, like so many of us here, have no interest whatsoever in Garfield the Movie.
freelunch

Post by freelunch »

my in-laws went to see Garfield: The Movie last weekend and loved it :roll:
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

That's the new version of Helter Skelter, a made-for-TV movie from last winter.

It's pretty dull, actually. The original made-for-tv version, with Steve Railsback as Manson, is a lot better, and also available on DVD. I'd go with that one. (I have it, and was surprised that this '70's TV drama showed so much blood and violence; I suspect that maybe lots of this was edited out for TV, but replaced for the DVD release.)
Tscott

Post by Tscott »

I'm tempted to get Arrested Development blind. I've always been curious to see it, but I don't watch any Fox shows so I'm never reminded when it's on (I think is was on opposite Alias- but Fox and football always make that iffy anyway). Is it worth getting? For someone that hates all other current sitcoms?

Also want to get Xena season 5 sometime soon.
She's the puzzle piece behind the couch that makes the sky complete.
Charlatan

Post by Charlatan »

Tscott, I dont' like most of the Fox sitcoms (the 70s show for example) but Arrested Development is so tremendous, I say BUY IT!

It's produced (and has voiceovers) by Ron Howard, the cast is great, the storylines are hilarious... it's absolutely one of the best shows on TV, and very much worth snagging if you like smart comedy at all.
When all is said and done, there's more said than done.
rrmorton

Post by rrmorton »

Yeah, Tscott- Arrested Development is something you have to see, either through rental or purchase.
Raug

Post by Raug »

Van Helsing and Arrested Development have been added to the Netflix que for me. I don't get Fox so this will be my first time seeing AD. The forum effect strikes again.

I'll also probably end up picking up Xena - Season Five for my Mom for christmas at some point. She loves that show.
JR

Re: DVD Tuesday (10/19)

Post by JR »

Nade wrote:An incomplete list from DVDTalk
* Hellboy Director's Cut
* Hellboy Director's Cut Giftset
Was this announced before the first DVD came out? If so, I only have myself to blame for being bitten yet again...

Anyway, I picked up Arrested Development at luchtime. I hope it delivers on the hype.
Asharak

Post by Asharak »

Zilch for me, although I'd like to rent Intermission at some point.

- Ash
CeeKay

Post by CeeKay »

Finally, the edition of Hellboy I've been waiting for. And I may look at the Van Helsing Ultimate Edition.
CeeKay has left the building. See him exclusively at Gaming Trend!
Mandeville

Post by Mandeville »

I just rented Hellboy last week. Good thing I didn't buy it, but then again it is to early to watch it again.

I'll watch Arrested Development also. The wife and I saw one episode this season and we were lost, but we WANTED to like it.

I am also looking forward to seeing the Godzilla movies, but I have to watch them the same way I watched them as a kid. Back when I was five or six my mom would wake me up to watch the late late movie if it was a godzilla flick. I would stummble out of bed bleary eyed and she would have a blanket on the floor and popcorn all ready made. I can't wait till my little guy is old enough to like them.
Tscott

Post by Tscott »

Charlatan wrote:Arrested Development is so tremendous, I say BUY IT!
Ok, the hype, comments here, a sale price of $27.99 plus a $5 off coupon from Media-Play's replay club that arrived in the mail today all conspired to get me to buy this. Hope I like it (I've got about seven more episodes of Homicide Season 5 to go before I get to it though).
She's the puzzle piece behind the couch that makes the sky complete.
EngineNo9

Post by EngineNo9 »

CeeKay wrote:Finally, the edition of Hellboy I've been waiting for. And I may look at the Van Helsing Ultimate Edition.
You make me sad.
The Evil Dead

Post by The Evil Dead »

Picked up Ed Wood for the girlfriend. God I love that movie. We watched it when we got home, and it's still as great as it was the first time I saw it...not even a year ago. But still. Great movie. And since it's the first time on DVD, I suggest a rental for those who haven't seen it yet 8)
Listen to the Eels