[WW] Lupus Prime

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Genghis

Post by Genghis »

Remus West wrote:
Genghis wrote:I didn't think the traitor got a scan?
I thought he was considered crew along with the rest of us. I have been keeping an eye on pr0ner to see if he behaves traitorish. He has not imho. Particularly in light of this oddness with Trikane.
Hrm, well if thats true, that seriously changes things. I was going under the impression that only the crew without a role were allowed access. I was considering the traitor as having a role.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

tru1cy wrote:

They don't. Only crewman which I am.
I disagree with the first part. The second remains to be seen.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Genghis wrote:
Remus West wrote:
I thought he was considered crew along with the rest of us. I have been keeping an eye on pr0ner to see if he behaves traitorish. He has not imho. Particularly in light of this oddness with Trikane.
Hrm, well if thats true, that seriously changes things. I was going under the impression that only the crew without a role were allowed access. I was considering the traitor as having a role.
Btw, if the traitor gets a scan then RW and I could be a traitor.
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Genghis

Post by Genghis »

tru1cy wrote:
Genghis wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Actually if a traitor gets a scan then ND,Pr0ner,You and Remus could be the traitor.
Genghis

Post by Genghis »

I am just waiting for someone to come out and say No I am Sparticus
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

tru1cy wrote:
Genghis wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Certainly. But ask yourself this. Why would the traitor bring it up in the first place? And look at the rest of the thread and judge my actions, I am confident they will show me as the innocent Bug-hunting crew that I am.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Remus West wrote:
tru1cy wrote:
Genghis wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Certainly. But ask yourself this. Why would the traitor bring it up in the first place? And look at the rest of the thread and judge my actions, I am confident they will show me as the innocent Bug-hunting crew that I am.
You could have made this play to position yourself as a leader of the crew which you have.

Grund was lynched without any confirmation basically by your lead.
Now, Mr Bubbles is being lynched for being quiet by your lead
People are cleared by your say so and not by being scanned or confirmed.
Anyone who challenges your logic is automatically tagged as traitor or husk.
Has anyone cleared or confirmed anything RW has done. People seem to be blindly following
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Genghis wrote:I am just waiting for someone to come out and say No I am Sparticus
I'm Spartacus!
Genghis

Post by Genghis »

tru1cy wrote:
Remus West wrote:
tru1cy wrote:
Genghis wrote:
Remus West wrote:
You could have made this play to position yourself as a leader of the crew which you have.

Has anyone cleared or confirmed anything RW has done. People seem to be blindly following
I was considering him a suspect up until no one countered his claim that he had RA. But if a Traitor can have RA then I consider him a suspect again.

Can we get a rules clarification on this?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

tru1cy wrote:You could have made this play to position yourself as a leader of the crew which you have.

Openly posting my thinking does not make me the leader, it makes me open.

Grund was lynched, and sure, I'll take credit for leading that if you want but I think Caine and Noxiousdog both proclaiming him scanned as Husk a more likely propellant for that event no matter how hard I worked for it.

Mr. Bubbles is one of the ones we know nothing about. I voted for him because Orinoco did and as a Communications officer he was working with more information than I was since newcastle had not come forward at the time.

As for people being "cleared" I have only shared my thoughts and what I am doing. Nor have I tagged anyone as traitor or Husk, rather I have tagged them as "unknowns". You have an issue with it because you fall into that catagory. It is interesting to me that the folks who are trying to bring doubt my way are from amoung that group.

Those of you who have been "cleared" by me should look at my posts and reasoning. If you agree with it we can act together. If you do not then point out where you think I have gone wrong. There is certainly room for argument where Padre is concerned though I obviously think I am correct in my ideas regarding him. There is also room to debate LordMortis, though I am very firm in my belief regarding him.

I posted what I feel is a winning course of action. I do not mind, in fact I encourage, differing views that we can debate and decide upon the correct choice.

If you try to paint me as the traitor that is your call, Grund spent a good deal of energy trying the same broken ploy. I trust in my team to see the truth in my actions. We will kill the Husks.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Genghis wrote:I was considering him a suspect up until no one countered his claim that he had RA. But if a Traitor can have RA then I consider him a suspect again.

Can we get a rules clarification on this?
Chaosraven is at work so will not likely check this before 5:30-6 ish EST.

As far as considering me traitor I would say that you must consider the possibility. I would also say that, if you look at the thread, you will discover I have not behaved in anyway traitorish. I have fought to get as much information into the crew's hands as possible which has put us in the position where we are now a few moves from killing the Husks and getting off this crazy ship alive.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Why shouldn't the people on you rlist speak up. We are being set up and again by pointing it out we are being labled as "unknowns" Everyone is bright enough to realize that anyone being labeled "unknown" is basically being called "husk or traitor"

Btw, we only have your word if Ghengis is cleared. Everyone think on this. Has RW actually been cleared? The husk would have been better servered taking out Remus. Since he has been taking a active lead. Why is he still around?

Stopped being lead
Genghis

Post by Genghis »

Have you decided who you are going to scan. I still think that this post here sums up the options the best way.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

tru1cy wrote:Why shouldn't the people on you rlist speak up. We are being set up and again by pointing it out we are being labled as "unknowns" Everyone is bright enough to realize that anyone being labeled "unknown" is basically being called "husk or traitor"
Not true, there are 4 unknowns and only 3 enemy left. Therefore there is one innocent crew amoung the "unknown", I have not hidden that fact rather I have stated they are acceptable loss in gaining victory.
Btw, we only have your word if Ghengis is cleared. Everyone think on this. Has RW actually been cleared? The husk would have been better servered taking out Remus. Since he has been taking a active lead. Why is he still around?

Stopped being lead
True you will only have my word, so you will have to decide if my actions have warrented trust before taking it.

As for why I am still around, I believe that has something to do with a reputation for killing the wrong people. Or, I am no more important than any other crewman since we can all get access so they were trying to get a special during the nights. Which hurt us more, losing LordMortis(crew) or Kelric(android)? Now ask yourself why they have not come after me.
Genghis

Post by Genghis »

tru1cy wrote:Why shouldn't the people on you rlist speak up. We are being set up and again by pointing it out we are being labled as "unknowns" Everyone is bright enough to realize that anyone being labeled "unknown" is basically being called "husk or traitor"

Stopped being lead
Actually I don't think remus can be the traitor.
If you are telling the truth then Trikane has to be the traitor. There is no other way to explain him claiming to be a Comm officer if orinico won't vouch for him.
If you are lying then it is possible for him to be traitor, but that would mean the bad side would be possibles [Mr Bubbles Tru1cy trikane Genghis Remus]
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

I have a prediction. The innocents will lose. Remus will once again lead you to your doom. His openess is just another synonym for doom! Doom I tell you. I have not done anything that would lead to my guilty.. isn't that always how the innocents lose. The guilty will silently manipulate the innocent to doing their dirty work. See whose pulling the strings and you will find who is guilty!
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Orinoco

Post by Orinoco »

Amazing how Mr. Bubbles is now cured of his illness :-)

The problem I have with this game is that if Mr. Bubbles one of the husks and we kill him, then what does that tell us? Nothing - because we don't get told he's a husk. We still have to assume there's two left.

That sucks, and I'm boycotting Choasraven games until that changes :P
Genghis

Post by Genghis »

Orinoco wrote:Amazing how Mr. Bubbles is now cured of his illness :-)

The problem I have with this game is that if Mr. Bubbles one of the husks and we kill him, then what does that tell us? Nothing - because we don't get told he's a husk. We still have to assume there's two left.

I agree, not knowing who the dead are or if we nail a badguy sucks. The science officer is still supposedly alive in gbasden so he can scan Mr Bubbles.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Genghis wrote:Have you decided who you are going to scan. I still think that this post here sums up the options the best way.
I am scanning you. I posted that earlier.

Orinoco - Comm Officer
Gbasden - Science Officer
Mr Bubbles - ?
rdm - Security
Remus West - Crew
pr0ner - Crew
tru1cy - ?
genghis - ?
Newcastle - Comm Officer
Trikane - ?

6-4 knowns to unknowns. We win by eliminating an unknown each day as they can only get one of us each day. The scan gives us protection from the traitor since today we get to eliminate 2 unknowns and move them into known.

Today:
7 good 3 bad
6 known good
Tommorrow has 2 option depending on what Bubbles is
5 good 3 bad
or 6 good 2 bad
additionally we will know another role, either a bad guy or a good guy, depending on what Genghis is.

If Genghis is good and Bubbles is bad we will have:
6 known 2 unknown with 1 Husk remaining

If Genhis Bad and Bubbles good we will have:
5 known "good" 1 known "bad" 2 unknowns so we kill Genghis and get
4 known good 2 unknown the following day, but only one Husk so we have a 5-2 good to bad advantage.

If Genghis Good and Bubbles good:
Trikane and Tru1cy, as the last 2 unknowns, must be Husks and the traitor is one of the named crew. Traitor can not stop us from lynching both.

If Genghis Bad and Bubbles Bad:
Woot. We win after next day.

The only possible flaw I see to this is if I am the traitor. I am not, but you must decide that for yourselves.

And tru1cy, you will note that I am not saying you must be lying. I am saying it does not matter if you are or not. You could easily be telling the truth, as could Trikane (well, not the comm officer part), if both Genghis and Bubbles are Husks.
Genghis

Post by Genghis »

Remus West wrote:
Genghis wrote:Have you decided who you are going to scan. I still think that this post here sums up the options the best way.
I am scanning you. I posted that earlier.

Orinoco - Comm Officer
Gbasden - Science Officer
Mr Bubbles - ?
rdm - Security
Remus West - Crew
pr0ner - Crew
tru1cy - ?
genghis - ?
Newcastle - Comm Officer
Trikane - ?

6-4 knowns to unknowns. We win by eliminating an unknown each day as they can only get one of us each day. The scan gives us protection from the traitor since today we get to eliminate 2 unknowns and move them into known.

Today:
7 good 3 bad
6 known good
Tommorrow has 2 option depending on what Bubbles is
5 good 3 bad
or 6 good 2 bad
additionally we will know another role, either a bad guy or a good guy, depending on what Genghis is.

If Genghis is good and Bubbles is bad we will have:
6 known 2 unknown with 1 Husk remaining

If Genhis Bad and Bubbles good we will have:
5 known "good" 1 known "bad" 2 unknowns so we kill Genghis and get
4 known good 2 unknown the following day, but only one Husk so we have a 5-2 good to bad advantage.

If Genghis Good and Bubbles good:
Trikane and Tru1cy, as the last 2 unknowns, must be Husks and the traitor is one of the named crew. Traitor can not stop us from lynching both.

If Genghis Bad and Bubbles Bad:
Woot. We win after next day.

The only possible flaw I see to this is if I am the traitor. I am not, but you must decide that for yourselves.

And tru1cy, you will note that I am not saying you must be lying. I am saying it does not matter if you are or not. You could easily be telling the truth, as could Trikane (well, not the comm officer part), if both Genghis and Bubbles are Husks.
So you are giving newcastle and Orinico a free pass?

If you scan me then [orinico newcastle] or [tru1cy trikane] are still possible husks
If you scan orinico or newcastle then [genghis tru1cy trikane] are possible husks.

That is assuming the scans come back clean. You eliminate 1 more person by scanning either orinico or newcastle.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Genghis wrote:
Orinoco wrote:Amazing how Mr. Bubbles is now cured of his illness :-)

I agree, not knowing who the dead are or if we nail a badguy sucks. The science officer is still supposedly alive in gbasden so he can scan Mr Bubbles.
For me it goes back to how gbasden has acted versus how Padre acted as they are the only two possibilities for science officer. gbasden has acted as I would expect a science officer to while Padre did not. I am just glad that Padre did not or I would be very torn about what to do. I think it was agreed in the werewolf discussion thread that hiding the nature of the lynched is a bad thing for the game.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Genghis wrote:So you are giving newcastle and Orinico a free pass?

If you scan me then [orinico newcastle] or [tru1cy trikane] are still possible husks
If you scan orinico or newcastle then [genghis tru1cy trikane] are possible husks.

That is assuming the scans come back clean. You eliminate 1 more person by scanning either orinico or newcastle.
I have already said why I believe Orinoco and through him newcastle. Thus I do not believe I gave them a free pass, I think logic dictates that they can not be lying. If you want to say it is a free pass then you may. I think the difference goes back to LordMortis. For Orinoco to be lying LM had to be a comm officer and not crew. That is where our difference of opinion is.
Genghis

Post by Genghis »

Remus West wrote:
Genghis wrote:So you are giving newcastle and Orinico a free pass?

I have already said why I believe Orinoco and through him newcastle. Thus I do not believe I gave them a free pass, I think logic dictates that they can not be lying. If you want to say it is a free pass then you may. I think the difference goes back to LordMortis. For Orinoco to be lying LM had to be a comm officer and not crew. That is where our difference of opinion is.
But your basing this on stuff you can't prove, on just a hunch. Your scan may be the last scan of a living person we get. If you can clear 2 people instead of just 1 how does it help to just clear the 1.
Genghis

Post by Genghis »

I am not asking you to believe im not a husk. Im asking you to do the scan this way to clear the most number of people.

If you scan me and clear me then we still have 4 unknowns tomorrow vs 4 knowns.

If you scan orinico and clear him, we have 3 unknowns vs 5 knowns.

I don't know about you but the 3/5 sounds far better than 4/4
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Well in all honesty tonight via the BBS board, Orinoco and I will post....you will get two NEW call signs (provided they go through). We already know that one and most likely 2 husks have posted...those being Parker and Hinkley. In my mind it makes no sense for Parker to be the traitor, he has to be a husk. The best play a traitor could have made was simply clog the boards. He could not take the risk that he would falsely accuse a Husk, if he did....poof there goes one of his allies. We know grund admited to being hinkley...and we assume he is a husk.

So the fact that two new call signs will come through...provided they go through, will prove us to a certain extension...granted there is the possibiolity that parker was a traitor, but that seems a low % chance.

Also funny how Mr. Bubbles has suddenly found the desire to post in this thread once his head is on the chopping block.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Kelric wrote:I'm Spartacus!
:shock:
Genghis

Post by Genghis »

Newcastle wrote:Well in all honesty tonight via the BBS board, Orinoco and I will post....you will get two NEW call signs (provided they go through). We already know that one and most likely 2 husks have posted...those being Parker and Hinkley. In my mind it makes no sense for Parker to be the traitor, he has to be a husk. The best play a traitor could have made was simply clog the boards. He could not take the risk that he would falsely accuse a Husk, if he did....poof there goes one of his allies. We know grund admited to being hinkley...and we assume he is a husk.

So the fact that two new call signs will come through...provided they go through, will prove us to a certain extension...granted there is the possibiolity that parker was a traitor, but that seems a low % chance.

Also funny how Mr. Bubbles has suddenly found the desire to post in this thread once his head is on the chopping block.
You do realize that the BBS posts won't prove anything right? Nothing is stopping the husks from posting. The BBS system for this game has just been a way for the husks to post bad intel with impunity. At best all it does is confirm that you and orinico are linked whether as husks or as comm officers. And that is assuming both posts go through.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

And in all honesty i expect several this to happen with the boards.

1. 5 messages are going to go in: 2 from the husks, 1 from the traitor, 2 from the Comm officers. We know that CR is going to post up to 7 messages. Who knows if all of em will go forward.

2 The husk and traitor messages are going to be something along the following lines: Dont trust Newcastle/orinoco, or dont trust remus. or perhaps trying to confirm someone else. Or perhaps it will be a garbled message. Perhaps it will be to disclaim someone else.

What will be instructive as well...if the husk messages get through and ours dont. We will know what their monikers were. This wont prove a lot, but it will help allow us perhaps to look back at the boards, and maybe figure out who is who.

Whatever happens it will provide more information for us. And yes I fully understand the % chance that the Comm officers wont get through.

So remus scanning Orinoco is purely a waste of his scan. Who else has come forward to claim being a Comm officer. Trikane...he has been disproven.

Also i think one should look at our acitons, we have not in anyway acted as blood sucking, body invading husk....there is a small degree of trust that is implied here granted.

But the point being is that both Orinoco and I have confirmed each other. No else has created that confirmation. And if someone did try to do that....we would know who the husks were then. You would have two parties to suspect: Orinoco and I and then the other pair of false Comm officers. This again would diminish the list of suspects. The husks coming out and claiming to be the Comm officers is their deathknell.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

We are coming to the end game and RW is leading the crew to their doom. He has cleared Orinoco and Newcastle who both can be husk without a scan. Does that make sense. Ask yourself why would he do that? Too bad the vote is final or I would be voting RW.

We still have a chance to win this. If RW is still alive tomorrow think about what I posted today
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Genghis wrote:
Newcastle wrote:Well in all honesty tonight via the BBS board, Orinoco and I will post....you will get two NEW call signs (provided they go through). We already know that one and most likely 2 husks have posted...those being Parker and Hinkley. In my mind it makes no sense for Parker to be the traitor, he has to be a husk. The best play a traitor could have made was simply clog the boards. He could not take the risk that he would falsely accuse a Husk, if he did....poof there goes one of his allies. We know grund admited to being hinkley...and we assume he is a husk.

You do realize that the BBS posts won't prove anything right? Nothing is stopping the husks from posting. The BBS system for this game has just been a way for the husks to post bad intel with impunity. At best all it does is confirm that you and orinico are linked whether as husks or as comm officers. And that is assuming both posts go through.
We know two husk monikers...Parker and hinkley....that is my main point...these signs shall be new. Our posting doesnt prove 100% who we are, granted....however, the fact that these call signs will be new....should prove something.

Also please explain to me why would, if Parker were the traitor, would he post as the capitain? there would be too much risk of falsely accusing a potential husk. I dont see that play being good. Parker has to be a husk. It doenst make sense otherwise.
Genghis

Post by Genghis »

Newcastle wrote:And in all honesty i expect several this to happen with the boards.

1. 5 messages are going to go in: 2 from the husks, 1 from the traitor, 2 from the Comm officers. We know that CR is going to post up to 7 messages. Who knows if all of em will go forward.

2 The husk and traitor messages are going to be something along the following lines: Dont trust Newcastle/orinoco, or dont trust remus. or perhaps trying to confirm someone else. Or perhaps it will be a garbled message. Perhaps it will be to disclaim someone else.

What will be instructive as well...if the husk messages get through and ours dont. We will know what their monikers were. This wont prove a lot, but it will help allow us perhaps to look back at the boards, and maybe figure out who is who.

Whatever happens it will provide more information for us. And yes I fully understand the % chance that the Comm officers wont get through.

So remus scanning Orinoco is purely a waste of his scan. Who else has come forward to claim being a Comm officer. Trikane...he has been disproven.

Also i think one should look at our acitons, we have not in anyway acted as blood sucking, body invading husk....there is a small degree of trust that is implied here granted.

But the point being is that both Orinoco and I have confirmed each other. No else has created that confirmation. And if someone did try to do that....we would know who the husks were then. You would have two parties to suspect: Orinoco and I and then the other pair of false Comm officers. This again would diminish the list of suspects. The husks coming out and claiming to be the Comm officers is their deathknell.
If LM and padre were the comm officers then both are dead and so they can't come out of hiding.
Trikane

Post by Trikane »

Obviously I made a mistake in trying to out the other comm officer (which worked beautifully I might add). All I have done is add confusion.

I am lost as to who is what is who. But it did occur to me that with that with Grund as a Husk it would not be beyond possibility that he and Remus cooked up a scheme from the beginning. I mean if the ultimate goal is to win, then why not sacrafice someone (Grund) for the good of the team. It is pretty obvious that he would of been one of the first targetted for scans so his position was going to be blown anyways, may as well make some good of it.
Genghis

Post by Genghis »

Newcastle wrote:
Genghis wrote:

We know two husk monikers...Parker and hinkley....that is my main point...these signs shall be new. Our posting doesnt prove 100% who we are, granted....however, the fact that these call signs will be new....should prove something.

Also please explain to me why would, if Parker were the traitor, would he post as the capitain? there would be too much risk of falsely accusing a potential husk. I dont see that play being good. Parker has to be a husk. It doenst make sense otherwise.
No. We know 2 possible husk/traitor names. We have no way of knowing who they are. We have no possible way of knowing if orinico and you are husks, without remus scanning one of you.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Trikane, i came out prior to your post...look near the end of page 17.
Genghis

Post by Genghis »

Trikane wrote:Obviously I made a mistake in trying to out the other comm officer (which worked beautifully I might add). All I have done is add confusion.

I am lost as to who is what is who. But it did occur to me that with that with Grund as a Husk it would not be beyond possibility that he and Remus cooked up a scheme from the beginning. I mean if the ultimate goal is to win, then why not sacrafice someone (Grund) for the good of the team. It is pretty obvious that he would of been one of the first targetted for scans so his position was going to be blown anyways, may as well make some good of it.
Quiet husk/traitor. :twisted:
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Trikane wrote:Obviously I made a mistake in trying to out the other comm officer (which worked beautifully I might add). All I have done is add confusion.

What if Genghis were the husk instead of RW...he lead the charge as well...the same case could be made for that as well.

I am inclined to believe RW at this moment in time.
Trikane

Post by Trikane »

Newcastle wrote:Trikane, i came out prior to your post...look near the end of page 17.
oops.
Genghis

Post by Genghis »

Newcastle wrote:

What if Genghis were the husk instead of RW...he lead the charge as well...the same case could be made for that as well.

I am inclined to believe RW at this moment in time.

I am not clearing myself of being a husk. I am saying scan orinico or you that will leave [tru1cy,me, and trikane] as possible husks.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Genghis wrote: No. We know 2 possible husk/traitor names. We have no way of knowing who they are. We have no possible way of knowing if orinico and you are husks, without remus scanning one of you.
You see this is where i respectfully disagree...we do know 2 most probable names of husks on the boards. The only scenario that i could see potentially happening would be if the traitor posted the hinckley message. That is the only scenario i can see that would invalidate Orinoco's or I's claim. But for that to work..hinkley would have to post again...or perhaps grund was parker...i kind of doubt it to be honest though.

I have no problems with him scanning Ori or I for that matter. However, i do know for a fact it would be a waste of a scan, when i think it would best be placed on you kind sir.
Genghis

Post by Genghis »

Newcastle wrote:
Genghis wrote: No. We know 2 possible husk/traitor names. We have no way of knowing who they are. We have no possible way of knowing if orinico and you are husks, without remus scanning one of you.
You see this is where i respectfully disagree...we do know 2 most probable names of husks on the boards. The only scenario that i could see potentially happening would be if the traitor posted the hinckley message. That is the only scenario i can see that would invalidate Orinoco's or I's claim. But for that to work..hinkley would have to post again...or perhaps grund was parker...i kind of doubt it to be honest though.

I have no problems with him scanning Ori or I for that matter. However, i do know for a fact it would be a waste of a scan, when i think it would best be placed on you kind sir.
Scanning me would leave 4 unknowns, scanning you or orinico would leave 3.