Grundbegriff's Gallows: Cassandra Crossing

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Also, do we have any new and conflicting information from the holders of the teeth?

Is there anyone else we can add to the innocent list just in case the feral teeth had been activated? The more recent the innocent finding, the more reliable it is.
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

Remus West wrote:
Bad Demographic wrote:Uh, the feral teeth haven't yet been activated. I lied when I said (earlier) that they had been stolen from me. I wanted to be able to confirm Bakhtosh.
Fortunately, and this time honestly (!), they were stolen from me last night.
Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do to convince you that I wasn't a target at some point while in possession of the teeth and that I didn't pick somebody else to be the victim. In all honesty, had I been converted, I probably would have picked somebody we all already believed to be innocent - that is, one of the antiquarians or dysanites. And that seems to be what the wolfboons are doing.
Actually that works fine. If there is another killing tonight you die tomorrow since by your word only you or Bakhtosh have been in possession of them so it must be one of you two. Hopefully on of the teeth holders checked one or both of you out last night and we can be sure. Anyway.....Caine
While I'd rather you kill somebody who is amore likely suspect, I'd rather you guys kill me than turn into a wolfboon.
For days now, I've been very anxious every time night came in case I became the target and became a wolfboon.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
Caine

Post by Caine »

if i were a boon, wouldn't i have targeted Orinoco simply for suspecting me? rather than rdm.

i think bad demo is lying about losing the teeth. i think they were used instead.
WRecently WRisen from the gwave.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Bad Demographic wrote:While I'd rather you kill somebody who is amore likely suspect, I'd rather you guys kill me than turn into a wolfboon.
For days now, I've been very anxious every time night came in case I became the target and became a wolfboon.
Actually I think you are telling the truth and that the teeth have not been activated so I do not think there will be any need to kill either you or Bahktosh. :D
Caine wrote:if i were a boon, wouldn't i have targeted Orinoco simply for suspecting me? rather than rdm.

i think bad demo is lying about losing the teeth. i think they were used instead.
And if Orinoco were lying he would have to be a 'boon so would be more deserving of your vote than Bad Demographic.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Going to keep my vote withheld until we give last night's teeth holders a chance to spill the beans.
UnicornPoint

Post by UnicornPoint »

I will also withhold my vote for a while. I didn't have any teeth or quires last night.
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

well i managed to re-steal the Quire/Foul tooth combo...

was sick and out of it when i PM'd my choices...one of those weeks...

so anyway chaosraven is a boon. which my memory is telling me someone already asked...so perhaps i wasted that question...

and my prayer yielded nothing.

someone do the paper trail is there only 1 quire/tooth combo?
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

checked Pm's and i stole the teeth from UC. hah! payback!
so should be foul teeth.
UnicornPoint

Post by UnicornPoint »

Kraegor wrote:so anyway chaosraven is a boon. which my memory is telling me someone already asked...so perhaps i wasted that question...
Kraegor wrote:checked Pm's and i stole the teeth from UC. hah! payback!
so should be foul teeth.
So the answer you got was "Chaosraven is a Wolfboon" or Chaosraven is a wolfboon because the foul teeth told you he wasn't?

Sorry, but with you mentioning that you don't feel well, I just wanted to clarify....

Oh, and no one has admitted to asking about Chaosraven before now, so it was a good question :D
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Kraegor wrote:checked Pm's and i stole the teeth from UC. hah! payback!
so should be foul teeth.
Who is UC? Unicornpoint? Because she just claimed not to have any last night.

Edit: nevermind, you were talking about different nights.

So the Foul Teeth clear Chaosraven. And we still have the true teeth telling us Caine from the night before.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Caine

Post by Caine »

Remus West wrote: And if Orinoco were lying he would have to be a 'boon so would be more deserving of your vote than Bad Demographic.
i think he is, and that he turned bad demo and they are both trying to get me killed off. if i go off and vote for him though, it makes me look guilty to everyone else.
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

heh I asked if Chaos was woolfboon. teeth said chaos is woolfboon.
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

Remus West wrote:
Who is UC? Unicornpoint? .
lol
dunno why i kept thinkin UC...guess i was stuck on UniCornpoint....
Caine

Post by Caine »

Kraegor wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Who is UC? Unicornpoint? .
lol
dunno why i kept thinkin UC...guess i was stuck on UniCornpoint....
hmm, the university of Cornpoint. must be a small IN college somewhere. :D
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

If BD is a turned boon, then I'm checking for blonde roots...talk about bonehead moves...

I say we get this over with so I can concentrate on frying up a few Things in the other game.

Caine your time has come.
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

Caine guess we get to kill orinoco if this is wrong, heh.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Current votes against...:
(3)Caine [
Remus West, Bakhtosh, Kraegor]
(1)Bad Demographic [
Caine]

Current required total: 5.

Haven't voted:
  • Bad Demographic
  • Chaosraven
  • Kelric
  • Orinoco
  • UnicornPoint
Play-by-play:

Code: Select all

Remus West acc Caine(1)
Caine acc Bad Demographic(1)-
Bakhtosh acc Caine(2)
Kraegor acc Caine(3)-
Votes to the left are still active; votes indented have been superseded by a later play. The numbers in parentheses show a running total of votes against that person. The hyphen marks the most recent vote for each accused.

If I miss anything, PM me with a link to the overlooked post. Links to posts are available in the upper left of each post, through the tiny page icon: Image

I'll post a status report whenever the vote count against any single player reaches or passes 50% of the total required for slaying.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Chaosraven wrote:Whoa... Padre, Leigh, Zurai, and Remus West?

Versus what other team?

Hmmmm... (shake magic eightball)
My list from November 10th. Page 19.

Remus is only on there because I automatically use him as "generic bad guy when I don't know yet and always want to see him killed".

My attempted theft uncovered nada.

So I will vote
CAINE
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Kraegor wrote:heh I asked if Chaos was woolfboon. teeth said chaos is woolfboon.
Those have to be the teeth that always tell the truth, cuz I am totally IN UR MANSHN KILLN UR DARLNZ
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

(4)Caine [
Remus West, Bakhtosh, Kraegor, Chaosraven]
(1)Bad Demographic [
Caine]

Haven't voted:
  • Bad Demographic
  • Kelric
  • Orinoco
  • UnicornPoint
Play-by-play:

Remus West acc Caine(1)
Bakhtosh acc Caine(2)
Kraegor acc Caine(3)
Chaosraven acc Caine(4)-
Votes to the left are still active; votes indented have been superseded by a later play. The numbers in parentheses show a running total of votes against that person. The hyphen marks the most recent vote for each accused.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Chaosraven wrote:IN UR MANSHN KILLN UR DARLNZ
MANR ;)
Bad Demographic

The other night I went back and re-read the thread from where tru1cy told us he started with a set of teeth and that they had been stolen. Somewhere along the line I started suspecting Leigh and, because of that, I started to suspect Kraegor. I had no idea about Padre and don't know how you figured him out. I guess the teeth revealed Zurai and Caine. I sure wouldn't have guessed either of them. I'll follow along because once you guys got started, you've been really accurate. Caine it is.
And I sure hope it's Caine because I'm probably your logical choice for tomorrow. I'd cast some suspicion on Bakhtosh to save myself, but he has helped figure out who's a wolfboon whereas I've mostly lurked around not having a clue.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

I can't see voting for anyone else besides Caine at this point, though I think BD was the damning vote.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:IN UR MANSHN KILLN UR DARLNZ
MANR ;)
Yah... dot's vot I meaned. UR MANR. Yah.
"Where are you off to?"

Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

(5)Caine [
Remus West, Bakhtosh, Kraegor, Chaosraven, Bad Demographic]
(1)Bad Demographic [
Caine]

Haven't voted:
  • Kelric
  • Orinoco
  • UnicornPoint
Play-by-play:

Remus West acc Caine(1)
Bakhtosh acc Caine(2)
Kraegor acc Caine(3)
Chaosraven acc Caine(4)
Bad Demographic acc Caine(5)-, killing him!
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

i still think we shoulda hacked open remus west
"Where are you off to?"

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Chaosraven wrote:i still think we shoulda hacked open remus west
And I still think you are a bashat but there you go....
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Did you know the odds of killing the Profiler and then the Wannabe on the first day are slightly less than 3 in 1000?
Orinoco

Post by Orinoco »

Darn work kept me busy - the teeth said Caine, so Caine it is...

Woo-hoo!! We rock! :P
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

The remaining DARLings converge on Caine, seize him, and drag him toward the Grand Hall. They mean to take him to the flash freezer in the Butler's Pantry, for that method of execution has proven least troublesome and most conducive to efficient postmortem examination.

All along the way, held firmly by either arm and physically compliant, lest excessive flailing seem like a confirmation of guilt, Caine protests feverishly.

"She has been turned, I tell you. And you're right! Orinoco must be a liar! Did I not accuse him just yesterday?"

He had accused Orinoco, hadn't he. Were they about to make a grave mistake? The DARLings pause near the armor. Without letting go of Caine, they look at one another.

Just as the DARLings resume their Pantryward procession, a gunshot screams across the Hall, punches a hole through Caine's skull, and splashes a measure of blood on the wall near the fireplace. All eyes turn toward the stairwell.

"Do not be afraid. Please remain calm. I am Stephen Villus Aurorae."

The DARLings stare, puzzled, at this apparent newcomer to the festivities. One of them hazards a question. "Who are you? Don't move a muscle! Aurorae is dead!"

"I assure you, my friend, that I am not dead. But I can see that an explanation is in order. Perhaps it is even overdue. Come with me to the Dining Room and permit me to explain. No port tonight. Pinot Grigio is less... allusive."

The DARLings hesitate. One of them pulls out a blade matching those found in the Kitchen.

"Check! Reassure yourselves! You'll find him a Wolfboon."

Dexterous peeling and scraping exposes the mark of the Ordo Varcolacorum on Caine's breastbone.

In the Dining Room, over white from the Veneto, Stephen Aurorae weaves his tale.

"A few days before you all arrived, a visitor to these quarters attempted to take my life. Through sheer luck, I managed to evade his onslaught and wound him. I imprisoned the malefactor in my, er, observation suite, which you did well to discover.

"Interrogation yielded fewer clues than I would have liked. He identified himself only as "Zaxxon XIV the Ordained"-- surely an honorific or title, rather than a given name. My best judgment was that he was, or pretended to be, the leader of the Ordo Varcolacorum. Oh yes, was is what I mean. You see, that was his putrefying body that Wolverine exposed in the Study during your first morning in residence."

With a tentative bark, Wolverine acknowledges the mention of his name.

"It seems the Order's plan was to kill me, and then to execute you all, one after another. The four would mislead you by day and slay you by night. The fifth, our putrefied friend formerly in the room adjacent, would lurk about while all slept, in order to organize, reorder, and otherwise facilitate the ritual purposes of his followers.

"That is, in fact, a role I have been playing these several nights. Yes, and I'm satisfied to note, if I may, that my studies into their lore enabled me to deceive the Wolfboons by setting up the basement and crime scenes just so. I'm sure they were confident that it was their own leader who supported their efforts and acknowledged their successes. They showed no awareness that their Sun King had been... eclipsed."

Aurorae pauses to bask for a moment in his self-satisfaction.

"But," someone objects, "you used us-- sacrificed many of us."

"Indeed I did," explains Aurorae. "But what else could I have done? You see, you were all slated for death. If I had done nothing, who would have survived? I slew my captive attacker and prepared his body myself. However, I certainly couldn't have identified, must less defeated, a quartet of Wolfboons on my own. Likewise, I could hardly have revealed all upon your arrival, for again our lives would have been forfeit.

"No, you were essential. With a single clue about the mark of the Ordo delivered to you in the jaws of faithful Wolverine, I withdrew into other undisclosed portions of the Manor and trusted that you would expose and conquer the evil in your midst.

"And my trust was well, well placed, clever DARLings. My trust was well placed indeed."

• Caine(executed)(Wolfboon)
  • Leigh(executed)(Wolfboon)
  • Padre(executed)(Wolfboon)
  • Zurai(executed)(Wolfboon)
  • pr0ner(executed) (Profiler)
  • setaside(slaughtered) (Wannabe)
  • Bakhtosh (Antiquarian)
  • Nameless(slaughtered) (Antiquarian)
  • tru1cy(slaughtered) (Antiquarian)
  • Kelric (Dysanite)
  • Mr Bubbles(slaughtered) (Dysanite)
  • rdm(slaughtered) (Dysanite)
  • Bad Demographic (innocent DARLing)
  • Chaosraven (innocent DARLing)
  • Kraegor (innocent DARLing)
  • Lars(executed) (innocent DARLing)
  • noxiousdog(slaughtered) (innocent DARLing)
  • Orinoco (innocent DARLing)
  • Remus West (innocent DARLing)
  • UnicornPoint (innocent DARLing)
  • UsulofDoom(executed) (innocent DARLing)
Grundbegriff

:D

Post by Grundbegriff »

Congratulations DARLings! And hail the victorious Dead!

The thread is now open to all (including lurkers and non-participants) for questions, comments, feedback, and frolicking

Now, some Questions to stimulate discussion:
  1. Was it fun to play under this rule set?
  2. Was it difficult to play under this rule set?
  3. What was frustrating about this rule set?
  4. What was enjoyable about this rule set?
  5. Are any of the artifacts overpowered?
  6. Are any of the artifacts underpowered?
  7. Are any of the artifacts pointless?
  8. How would you improve the Conference of the Dead?
  9. How would you change (a) Combat, (b) Haunting, (c) Wannabe Augury, (d) Searching for Quires, (e) Dysanitic Prayer, (f) Casting of Teeth, (g) Notecards, or (h) Theft?
  10. Which roles would you add or subtract?
  11. What other changes would you make?
  12. What did you like least about the game?
  13. What did you like most about the game?
These are just suggested questions. Please answer only those that interest you, or skip them all and go freestyle.
Caine

Post by Caine »

i'm laughing at you from the beyond orinoco.

btw, you won by the slimmest of margins. i had originally picked bad demo for last nights target, but i changed my mind for rdm. "no way would she lie about the teeth being stolen" i thought. this just proves it. you can't trust a woman on the internet. :twisted: too bad, she would have made a perfect boon to sire.

good game, but the amount of clean people confirmed makes it very hard to sow suspicion on everyone. that plus the lucky break of hitting on z and me in the last two rounds made it all but impossible to win this one. i have to wonder if the multiple hauntings also tipped the scale too.

btw, i had nd's quire. not a bad trinket once you wipe the blood and bone particles off it.

:evil:
Bad Demographic

Whew. Good job you guys. I was nervous the whole time I had the feral teeth, but at least I knew that as long as I had them AND I didn't get targeted by the wolfboons, the number of wolfboons wouldn't grow. Still, it made me nervous. Who ended up with what?

Great game, Grund.

Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Woot! Victory is ours. :D

Can we kill Chaosraven anyway? Votes for? Anyone? Anyone?
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

At least tell them about your haunting ;)
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Caine

Re: :D

Post by Caine »

Grundbegriff wrote:Now, some Questions:
  9. How would you change (a) Combat, (b) Haunting, (c) Wannabe Augury, (d) Searching for Quires, (e) Dysanitic Prayer, (f) Casting of Teeth, (g) Notecards, or (h) Theft?

The thread is now open to all for questions, comments, feedback, and frolicking
i have mentioned some of my thoughts to you about this grund, but i'll think more on this the next few days and let you know in more detail.

you created a pretty cool atmosphere grund.
Orinoco

Post by Orinoco »

Caine wrote:i'm laughing at you from the beyond orinoco.

btw, you won by the slimmest of margins. i had originally picked bad demo for last nights target, but i changed my mind for rdm. "no way would she lie about the teeth being stolen" i thought. this just proves it. you can't trust a woman on the internet. :twisted: too bad, she would have made a perfect boon to sire.
Actually, I still have the fair teeth (I lied as well) and I asked about Bad Demo last night...

What might have been... :P
Caine

Post by Caine »

my only question is why pr0ner revealed his role? with the knowledge he was gone, we could act in complete freedom with our kills. had he stayed quiet, the likelihood of every quire holder asking if he was the profiler is relatively small. we would also be left hunting after a red herring, wondering if the next target would be protected.

i picked setaside though, as in the other game, he seemed like a dangerous foe for his reasoning skills.

we actually discussed killing remus, chaos and bakhtosh early on, but decided against it to keep the game lively. not the smartest tactic though, as those 3 are capable of keeping everything from getting too confusing.
Chaosraven

Re: :D

Post by Chaosraven »

Grundbegriff wrote:Now, some Questions:

Yes, as it allowed the "specials" to come out

Not from the vantage of never having any of the cool stuff

Not having any abilities

The potential to gain abilities (and to have them kept in the game after the player is lost)

The frightening thought that the bad guys could be growing and we wouldn't even know it...

unknown, had no contact

Theft: better odds than 50/50 if target out, worse odds than 50/50 if target waiting

Perhaps change the profiler to an artifact protector of some kind

PM collective (some form of communication between specified members, whether built during play or starting aspect)

Waiting.

The level of participation and flavor text

The thread is now open to all for questions, comments, feedback, and frolicking
I was amazed I got neither slaughtered nor executed.
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Caine wrote: we actually discussed killing remus, chaos and bakhtosh early on, but decided against it to keep the game lively. not the smartest tactic though, as those 3 are capable of keeping everything from getting too confusing.
BITE YOUR TONGUE!

As the Village Idiot I pride myself on the ability to confuse everyone!
"Where are you off to?"