The Ten Most Violent Videogames of 2004.

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Tareeq

The Ten Most Violent Videogames of 2004.

Post by Tareeq »

Cool. Now I don't need to wonder which games to buy for my nephew.

(1) Doom 3
(2) Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
(3) Gunslinger Girls 2
(4) Half Life 2
(5) Halo 2
(6) Hitman: Blood Money (releases in 2005)
(7) Manhunt
(8 ) Mortal Kombat: Deception
(9) Postal 2
(10) Shadow Heart.

Shadow Heart?
Freezer-TPF-

Post by Freezer-TPF- »

Definitely Hitman, since it doubles as vocational training.
When the sun goes out, we'll have eight minutes to live.
WPD

Re: The Ten Most Violent Videogames of 2004.

Post by WPD »

[quote="Tareeq"
(6) Hitman: Blood Money (releases in 2005)
[/quote]
2005 = 2004?
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Tens of thousands die digitally every time I play Battles in Normandy, but not even a mention on the list. Do millions die in the other games?
Kaigen

Re: The Ten Most Violent Videogames of 2004.

Post by Kaigen »

WPD wrote:
Tareeq wrote: (6) Hitman: Blood Money (releases in 2005)
2005 = 2004?
No. 2005.

And Gunslinger Girls 2 is actually Gunslinger Girls Vol. 3 or something, and it isn't even available in the United States.
End of line.
Ripstar

Post by Ripstar »

Riddick
You can run, but you'll just die tired.
Kaigen

Post by Kaigen »

I think it's funny that Manhunt and Postal 2 are so low on the list.
End of line.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

They're in alphabetical order, and it isn't a 2004 list - it is just a general list. They also mention that mentioned games include the rest of that series, so when they mention the latest Hitman game, they are intending it as the most recent example of the entire series.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Captain Caveman

Post by Captain Caveman »

Why isn't the Sims 2 on that list? No other game allows the freedom to torture and slaughter realistic human creations with such sadistic joy. Oh, and there's lots of sex too. I hope that game received an M rating. You know, for the sake of the children. Won't someone please think of the children?
Kaigen

Post by Kaigen »

Blackhawk wrote:They're in alphabetical order, and it isn't a 2004 list - it is just a general list. They also mention that mentioned games include the rest of that series, so when they mention the latest Hitman game, they are intending it as the most recent example of the entire series.
So it is, but it's still stupid of them to list Blood Money specifically and not just "Hitman." And that doesn't explain why Gunslinger Girls is on there. I'd never even heard of the game before this list. Makes one wonder how they had.

End of line.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Excellent! With these games, a video of Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunction, and a pack of smokes, America's youth will easily fall to our dark designs! Muhaaaahaaaaha!
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
knob

Post by knob »

I didn't really find HL2 violent enough to be put on the "Most Violent games EVER!!!" list. It was a pretty typical FPS in terms of violence.
If I had a sig, would you read it?
ChrisGwinn

Post by ChrisGwinn »

If anything, HL2 is less violent than the average shooter. There are entire sequences with no violance at all. Considering that the latest call of medal of duty or whatever didn't make the list, that seems odd.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

ChrisGwinn wrote:If anything, HL2 is less violent than the average shooter. There are entire sequences with no violance at all. Considering that the latest call of medal of duty or whatever didn't make the list, that seems odd.
I suspect that Half Life 2 got put on there simply because it is at the top of everyone's "Get" list. Popularity brings it's own issues... :)
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Once again, Uncle Wiggley's Math IS Fun slips by unnoticed.

Soon, world domination will be mine.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Eel Snave

Post by Eel Snave »

I don't have a problem with these games not being sold to minors. It's clear to me that young kids shouldn't play them, and as far as it seems, that's all they're saying. It's not like they're trying to ban them, just raise awareness for unsuspecting parents.

Here's the thing: Kids know what these games are. They see the ads, and read the game magazines, and they know. They know that one of the weapons in Vice City is a chainsaw. They know the stuff you can do in Manhunt. They also know how to hide stuff from their parents. Parents need to be more active in what their children purchase, but at the same time, retailers need to be more responsible about selling games to minors as well, as kids are sneaky.
Downwards Compatible
We're playing every NES game alphabetically! Even the crappy ones! Send help!