[WW] Fright Night! (The village wins!)

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

triggercut wrote:The Alpha vamp chooses only one victim on night one, and a red shirt dies. On night 3--the second night the two (barring a fortunate lynching) decide a victim, they then have the potential to add a third vampire to the brood, with the following conditions:
It's a good proposal. Under the rules we're using, the Vampire team is at a disadvantage because they have no counterplay to the Masons (as you point out).
Mark

Post by Mark »

Hell with it:

I vote for J.D

And may God have mercy on us all.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

As the villagers stood upon the Green discussing the fate of poor Crux, suddenly noxiousdog pinioned J. D.'s arms behind him, while Chaosraven and Grundbegriff each grabbed a leg.

"Take him to the smith's table, this time I'm sure we have our vampire!"

As they moved a struggled J. D. to a table to stake him, young Kelric began pelting him with a local delicacy known as "Funyons", until Varity could correct him. "Dear god son, it's GARLIC that harms a vampire."

Kelric fixed him a look. "Have you ever read the ingredients on these things? Seriously, they'll kill him almost as fast as a stake through the heart."

Mark dealt the struggling J. D. a stiff clout to the head, and stunned and disabled, pr0ner was able to drive the stake home.

Blood did not come. Instead, J. D.'s body began writhing again, before bursting into flame and becoming ash almost instantly. They had done it. The village had killed their vampire. Truly though, there were bound to be others infected by this foul plague of undeadedness.

J. D. was a vampire! He is dead in the game, and no game-related pm's or posts are allowed from him going forward until the game ends. Any remaining seers, vampires, and if the FVH still lives should send me PM's with their visions, kill choices, and protection. IT IS NIGHT.
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Awesome, awesome job, Grund.

I am mightily impressed.
Hodor.
J.D.

Post by J.D. »

Leigh

Post by Leigh »

YAY us! I'll bet he was the alpha vamp.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Good work, guys.
setaside

Post by setaside »

Okay. I had an unsatisfied post all written up and even posted it. Then I saw that he had already been staked. Whoops.

Yay villagers!!! :) Guess I should start trusting Grund's analyses a bit earlier next time. :oops:
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Y'all lurkers still havin' fun?
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

Grundbegriff wrote:Y'all lurkers still havin' fun?
Yep. Cue the disco ball.

I-I-I-I'm stayin alive. Stayin alive.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Grundbegriff wrote:Y'all lurkers still havin' fun?
Oh who got the leg.. I just know I love dark meat.. I want a leg and a wing. Sorry wasnt' around today... But seems the works has been done. Good job.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Leigh wrote:YAY us! I'll bet he was the alpha vamp.
Yay us? I didn't see your name among those who voted JD down.

Hesitant to vote for a Vampire? I wonder why that might be....

Let's see.... first to accuse ChrisGrenard.... first to accuse JD (back when it was utterly safe to do so).... first (again) to accuse msteelers....

Pretty gung-ho in the initial round, and pretty secretive when JD's aorta was really on the line....

I'm just sayin'....
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

:evil: lynch grund for being a meanie-head
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Leigh wrote::evil: lynch grund for being a meanie-head
We thought about that, remember, but then decided that he was more important to us alive.

I guess since we're down a vamp.....
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

noxiousdog wrote:
Leigh wrote::evil: lynch grund for being a meanie-head
We thought about that, remember, but then decided that he was more important to us alive.

I guess since we're down a vamp.....
But up a pint.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

One down...

Two to go.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Mark

Post by Mark »

Chaosraven wrote:One down...

Two to go.
Maybe just one to go. You're forgetting about Crux - he may have been a latent Beta. Why would you forget something like that? Maybe you're the only one left...
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Mark wrote:

Two to go.
Maybe just one to go. You're forgetting about Crux - he may have been a latent Beta. Why would you forget something like that? Maybe you're the only one left...
Um.. ok.

I admit it.. I admit it all. I was the alpha and forgot that Crux was my beta, so I ATE HIM!!!!!

You need lots and lots of black coffee.

Crux was *killed* by the *vampires* dude.
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Mark

Post by Mark »

Chaosraven wrote:
Mark wrote:

Two to go.
Um.. ok.

I admit it.. I admit it all. I was the alpha and forgot that Crux was my beta, so I ATE HIM!!!!!

You need lots and lots of black coffee.

Crux was *killed* by the *vampires* dude.
Oh.

I must be getting punchy or something. Never mind what I said, then.

Vampire
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

/me Grabs Mark and starts rolling around in the dirt scrappin'

YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!! AIN"T NO DAMN OUTBACK SUCKA GONNA CALL ME A LEECH AND WALK AWAY!!!
"Where are you off to?"

Mark

Post by Mark »

Chaosraven wrote:/me Grabs Mark and starts rolling around in the dirt scrappin'

YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!! AIN"T NO DAMN OUTBACK SUCKA GONNA CALL ME A LEECH AND WALK AWAY!!!
Crikey!

p.s. in the true Australian spirit, jokes have started circulating about the untimely death of Steve Irwin. The first? "Steve should have worn sunscreen yesterday, to protect him from the deadly rays."
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Ok, number crunching time:

in the morning one of us will be dead.

The seers will have ID'd a total of 4 players.

There will be 11 left.

2 masons, 2 vampires, 2 seers, 1 FVH, and 4 innocents
(assuming the vamps kill an innocent)

You will still have 6 of the 7 voters that staked JD today.

Seers, I would suggest that one of you examine the people within the voting block, and one of you check someone outside of it.

This information will need to be communicated to the Masons.

That's just my opinion.
"Where are you off to?"

Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:Can those who have been contacted by anyone claiming to be the FVH send me a PM to that effect? Not asking who did it or when, just looking for a count.
I think it's safe to assume that nearly everybody has been contacted by at least one "FVH". The really interesting question is, How many have been contacted by more than one "FVH"? ;)
Actually, I was never contacted by a FVH or a claimant. I didn't even get a PM from anyone until 1pm on Saturday and that is still the only person I've communicated with.

I'm not important enough to be lied to about being the FVH. :(
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

The morning broke, sunny and bright. The evening had been a quiet one, with the villagers taking to their beds, secure in the knowledge that they'd staked a vampire the day before. All was well in the village...

...or so it seemed. That morning, as the Innkeeper served coffee and bread, the gathered townsfolk noticed one among them missing. Running to noxiousdog's cabin at the edge of the woods, they found his body inside--pallid, cold, and most certainly drained of blood.

"The undead still walk among us. We must take initiative and continue our work gentle townsfolk!"

noxiousdog has been killed by a vampire! He can no longer engage in game comments and game-related posts. IT IS DAY, villagers, choose among you for staking!
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

triggercut wrote:"The undead still walk among us. We must take initiative and continue our work gentle townsfolk!"
Clearly that quote isn't attributable to myself or our dear, brave Sheriff who has ridden to the next village to warn them. In fact, he said to send word when we had found a vampire.

I volunteer myself to ride and apprise the Sheriff of the news. Just in case a vampire strikes again.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Crap. I find it hard to believe that the lack of input from the quiet ones is coincidental. Msteelers and Leigh are my two chief suspects at the moment (plus I'm pretty sure they were logged on earlier today after their evil master J.D was sent back to hell).

Lynch Leigh!
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Mark wrote:Crap. I find it hard to believe that the lack of input from the quiet ones is coincidental. Msteelers and Leigh are my two chief suspects at the moment (plus I'm pretty sure they were logged on earlier today after their evil master J.D was sent back to hell).

Lynch Leigh!
I await Grund's suggestion.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Kelric wrote:
Mark wrote:Crap. I find it hard to believe that the lack of input from the quiet ones is coincidental. Msteelers and Leigh are my two chief suspects at the moment (plus I'm pretty sure they were logged on earlier today after their evil master J.D was sent back to hell).

Lynch Leigh!
For all we know, Grund sacrificed one of his peons in order to solidify his trusted base of innocent dupes. I say less thinking and more action!
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Interesting. My guesses have been all off. Oh well. Its just a matter of time before we stake that vamp. Here vampy vampy.. here vampy.
Orinoco

Post by Orinoco »

Wow, this game is fascinating. I apologize for not being around much - starting a new job; moving at the weekend; and not having net access at home yet are my only excuses...

I must say that I was really surprised to see that JD was a vampire - I was sure that Grund was triple-(quadruple?) bluffing us. Actually he may still be :-)

I think that Grund's analytical powers will overcome the vampires, so I'll be that Goth kid that dresses in black and thinks vampires are cool. Go team Vampire! :twisted:
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Mark wrote:
Kelric wrote:

Lynch Leigh!
For all we know, Grund sacrificed one of his peons in order to solidify his trusted base of innocent dupes. I say less thinking and more action!
He's 1 for 1 so far on people that votes have actually gone through on.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Holy crap. I give you guys 4 days and you give me 8 pages to read. What the hell is this? How am I supposed to catch up? Somebody give me the run down.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

msteelers wrote:Holy crap. I give you guys 4 days and you give me 8 pages to read. What the hell is this? How am I supposed to catch up? Somebody give me the run down.
Smart things. Lynching. Smart things. Death. Smart things.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Kelric wrote:
msteelers wrote:Holy crap. I give you guys 4 days and you give me 8 pages to read. What the hell is this? How am I supposed to catch up? Somebody give me the run down.
Smart things. Lynching. Smart things. Death. Smart things.
It's true.. I think this thread has increased my IQ... Everyone thank Grund for bring us out of the dark ages.
Orinoco

Post by Orinoco »

Mark wrote:For all we know, Grund sacrificed one of his peons in order to solidify his trusted base of innocent dupes. I say less thinking and more action!
Yeah, like that will help.

I have a feeling that Grund made a rare mistake in backing away from Mark in the first round. I think he's the Alpha vampire, and since he didn't chooce me to be a beta, I spitefully vote for Mark to be staked!
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Well fabulous. Just freakin' great.

Really would like some more info, people... like whether or not the other Mason kept a library of the stuff Nox knew?

Seers... I really hope you found some innocents (or the Same one) to rebuild communication.

I think it's time to go back and try to build up patterns for speculation.
"Where are you off to?"

rhinohelix

Post by rhinohelix »

I have to say, I was annoyed with all of the forum game threads but this has been a fascinating read. Thank you all for the entertainment.
Stars swelled to dawns, and dawns burst into fountains of gold, carmine, and purple, and still the dreamer fell.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Quick!!! Grab him!!! He's been quiet the entire time!!!

Stake/hang/fire ///B{{ RHINOHELIX...
"Where are you off to?"

Mark

Post by Mark »

Orinoco wrote:
Mark wrote:For all we know, Grund sacrificed one of his peons in order to solidify his trusted base of innocent dupes. I say less thinking and more action!
Yeah, like that will help.

I have a feeling that Grund made a rare mistake in backing away from Mark in the first round. I think he's the Alpha vampire, and since he didn't chooce me to be a beta, I spitefully vote for Mark to be staked!
I was just trying to get that whole 'mob vibe' going on. After careful consideration, it doesn't feel as good as what I thought it would (kind of like masturbating with a cheese grater).

I rescind my vote for Leigh, and think that Orinoco is suffering from fang envy.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Calculating...