Two printers - same exact problem - PLEASE HELP!

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Dave Allen

Two printers - same exact problem - PLEASE HELP!

Post by Dave Allen »

My Canon s750 wouldn't use the magenta cartridge to print any reds, so after trying everything with much pulling out of hair I bought a new printer and USB cable.

Now I've just finished installing my new Canon iP 3000 printer, and still no reds! What the fuck?

I'm talking new printer, new ink cartridges, new USB cable, and newly installed software. I also uninstalled all the old printer and driver stuff before I installed any of the new stuff.

Please, for the love of God...
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Does the self-test shows any reds at all? Self-Test usually is like holding down a button and turn it on. It doesn't rely on any input so it should be a true reflection of printer self-diagnostic.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
JSHAW

Post by JSHAW »

Dave,

Just like Canon tech support will tell you, run at least one nozzle check and at least 2-3 deep cleaning cycles to see if this corrects the problem.

The company I work for is an authorized Canon repair center, and I see this problem occur all the time. While Canon has a good reputation for the quality that their ink jets produce, their printheads generally fail within the 1st year of warranty and get replaced under the 1 year Canon factory warranty.

Are you using original Canon ink?

Canon tech support will give you 2 repair options should your printer need a new printhead.

1. Canon can replace the unit by shipping you out another unit and you'll box up the defective unit and ship it back to them with a prepair UPS shipping label. This is called a "whole unit exchange".

2. Take your printer or ship your printer to the nearest authorized Canon repair center and have the unit serviced under the factory warranty. In your situation it will probably be the printhead that is replaced.

Good Luck with your printer, any questions? Post them here.
JSHAW

Post by JSHAW »

Hey Dave,

How bout' an update on your printer situation?

Any luck on correcting the magenta color in your print?
Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

That was an excellent answer Jshaw. We have a Canon printer, so I'll watch out for this problem.