TEH fairly bad backlog! :P

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

qp

TEH fairly bad backlog! :P

Post by qp »

Heh this Christmas is getting out of hand and it's not even Christmas yet.... So I finally spring for an XBox - I would've waited but I wanted the Crystal Ltd Edition bundle, because it actually came with two games I wanted, so I picked one up. But I was already backlogged lol :)

So here's what i have:

PS2
GTA:SA (about 46% done) Must finish, but I think i'll take breaks...
Ace Combat 5 (played 2 missions) must play soon!
Psi Ops: (lol like i'll ever get around to playing it now!)
Transformers: (about 30% done as far as I know...probably won't be getting to that either!)

XBox
Fable - just started, I think i'm going to have to play this one next
Crimson Skies - in the package
Halo 2 - played first few bits - need to reawaken my console FPS skills heh...definitely can't wait until I get a Live headset...

PC
Half Life 2 - finished it, but want to finish it again

And of course this year I have my 15 month old son who just learned to change channels on my gaming TV hehe - and with that TV i have to go get our main remote to change it back to the input! So console gaming time is limited to an hour or so in the evening!

I guess this could be a good thing, provided I can focus and play one game at a time (okay maybe two!), get my money's worth. But really, I should've left the XBox sealed until the PS2 games were done :)

edit: Lol check out my avatar - just realized that it could be from the point of view of my TV :)
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

TEH Worst backlog EVAR!
:?

:)

:o

:D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:wink:
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

If it would help you, qp, I could take Fable and Half Life2 off your hands. :lol:
Of course, then they'd just go from your backlog to mine. :oops:
qp

Post by qp »

Bad Demographic wrote:If it would help you, qp, I could take Fable and Half Life2 off your hands. :lol:
Of course, then they'd just go from your backlog to mine. :oops:
Well I'd love to and all, but I got HL2 from Steam :P And Fable..well, the disc is stuck in my XBox so I'm afraid I won't be able to send you that either!

Fable is pretty cool so far though - I heard about all the hype, and then all the letdowns before I got the game, so my expectations were probably just about right, and I'm enjoying it. Sort of (very) vaguely reminds me of Draconis Cult of the Wyrm - but only in that it's an enjoyable action RPG with character upgrades - tons of them in Fable it seems.
Beer Goggles

Post by Beer Goggles »

I have seen worse backlogs. False advertising.
Freezer-TPF-

Post by Freezer-TPF- »

Beer Goggles wrote:I have seen worse backlogs. False advertising.
Word. I have more unplayed games than that stuck in the cushions of my couch. *pfft* Amateur.
When the sun goes out, we'll have eight minutes to live.
qp

Post by qp »

Ah crap....edit edit..there's how's that?

:shock:
gellar

Post by gellar »

I've EASILY got you beat.

PC:
Rome: Total War (3 hours into it)
Kohan II (1 mission into it)
Half Life 2 (1 hour into it)
Vampire (30 mins into it)
Pirates (6 hours into it)
Richard Burns Rally

XBox:
Chronicles of Riddick (1 hour into it)
Full Spectrum Warrior (Halfway Done)
Madden 2005 (3 seasons into the wind on my 2nd Franchise)
ESPN NHL2K5 (halfway through first season with the Kings)
Burnout 3 (30% Done... maybe?)

PS2:
GTA:SA (played for 5 hours... not very far in)

GameCube:
Metroid Prime (someday Im going to finish this)
Legend of Zelda (someday Im going to finish this too)
Skies of Arcadia (someday... yeah, you get the picture)

And none of the above inclues anything I've just given up on and know I'll never complete. Nor does it include what I want to buy (KOTOR 2 anyone?), or what's actually taking up most of my time right now... World of Warcraft.

I WIN.

gellar
OMGHI2U
"I guess we're all retarded except you Gellar." - Kobra
"I'm already doomed to the seventh level of hell. If you think I wouldn't kill a person of my choosing for $50 mil, you obviously have no clue just how expensive my taste in shoes really is." - setaside
#gonegold brutesquad
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

gellar - you're a piker. I have 127 games on my backlog, and that's just games for the PC. And I bought two more today, and have 4 new ones coming for XMas.

Collecting is a sickness, but I don't know the cure.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
gellar

Post by gellar »

RunningMn9 wrote:gellar - you're a piker. I have 127 games on my backlog, and that's just games for the PC. And I bought two more today, and have 4 new ones coming for XMas.

Collecting is a sickness, but I don't know the cure.
Again... I'm not counting games I've bought and given up on. I easily rival you there, I'm pretty sure.

I buy games just because people are talking about them. I literally have games I've played for 5 mins and stopped, or games that are actually still in their original packaging untouched. Same with DVDs.

Thank god I'm still young and retarded.

gellar
OMGHI2U
"I'm already doomed to the seventh level of hell. If you think I wouldn't kill a person of my choosing for $50 mil, you obviously have no clue just how expensive my taste in shoes really is." - setaside
#gonegold brutesquad
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

gellar wrote:I buy games just because people are talking about them. I literally have games I've played for 5 mins and stopped, or games that are actually still in their original packaging untouched. Same with DVDs.
We're like the same human being. The only thing that rivals my obsession with buying computer games that I will never play is my obsession with buying books on game programming.

Easily into the $1000's on that lark.
Make up bags of change
Greggy_D

Post by Greggy_D »

You don't want to see my backlog. It's EASILY over 100 games, closer to 200. I'm one of those guys that buy every game I find interesting, especially if it's cheap. I rather buy it now than go through the hassle of trying to find it later.

My gaming time has cut down to maybe 3-5 hours per week since I got married and had our daughter. I know I'll never play what I have but I still add weekly to the list of unplayed.
"Whoaaaaaa man. You're totally covered in glass salad." .....Smooth B's stoned neighbor
Freezer-TPF-

Post by Freezer-TPF- »

We keep the economy strong!!
When the sun goes out, we'll have eight minutes to live.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

I still have Commodore 64 games in my backlog. It's shameful.
Make up bags of change
gellar

Post by gellar »

Freezer-TPF- wrote:We keep the economy strong!!
Yeah... I'm especially bad though. I tend to buy games on release date, at EB. So yeah... full price every time.

I justify it by saying I like that EB and want to give them my business. It's also a 5 min walk from my office. I can see it from my window.

It's a bad, bad thing.

gellar
OMGHI2U
#gonegold brutesquad
Rich in KCK

Post by Rich in KCK »

The PC games in my backlog don't bother me that much but my Xbox backlog keeps getting bigger and bigger and I don't even use the thing. I've hardly ever played games on it and I was one of the ones who waited in line for it on release night. I still have over half of my games for it in their wrappers including BG: Dark Alliance and Crimson Skies I bought last December for $40 just because it was on sale. Then in the summer I went out and got the Live stuff so I could join the Wednesday night racing and also picked up a bunch of games at ToysRUs when they had a clearance sale only to be bumped back to night shift having only used Live once. I think I have about 25 games and have only really played 5 of them and started up maybe 6 or 7 others.

Most of the games in my PC backlog are RPG's I keep buying but I've found a solution to those. This laptop I'm using is just fast enough to play some of the older ones in the backlog like the BaldurGate games and the Icewind Dale games. I take it to work with me and play on break and my Lunch hour when I feel like it. I'm restarting Diablo 2 since I quit after act 2 when I first played it.
jonsauce

Post by jonsauce »

TTIWWP

Here is my backlog from earlier this year. It's a bit worse now:

Now Playing:

WoW (PC)
LotRO (PC)
GH2 (360)
Beer Goggles

Post by Beer Goggles »

Some of you need to stop time to catch up.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

I won't ever catch up. Ever. If you only consider titles that are less than 4 years old - I discovered that my backlog is currently at 142 games. And it is going to increase by 4 in the next two weeks as I add Rome:Total War, Thief: Deadly Shadows, Battle for Middle Earth, and Vampire: Bloodlines to the list.

Something has to give. And I still have MS-DOS, Amiga, and C64 games on my list that aren't included in that 142 figure.

The last time I posted about my backlog, it was at 123 games.

Now I am in a phase were I am committed to finishing games though. I am almost done with HL2. And after that I will pick one game to play until I finish or determine that I don't like it. And so on. And no new games unless I need them for LAN play at my quarterly LAN event.
Make up bags of change
Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

I don't have nearly as big a backlog as some of you, but I'm not getting to my backlog either.
For 2004, I blame Patrick O'Brian and Stephen King (and a few others). And also my friends who lend me games - since then I feel I must play those first so I can return them. (It's nice to have somebody/something to blame. :) )
Greggy_D

Post by Greggy_D »

RM9...that plan doesn't work. :wink: Tried it. Swore to myself that I was going to finish one game at a time and not buy anymore. 4 months later, a whole slew of kickass games were released and I HAD to buy them.
"Whoaaaaaa man. You're totally covered in glass salad." .....Smooth B's stoned neighbor