Fall-Winter 2004

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Chesspieceface

Fall-Winter 2004

Post by Chesspieceface »

Is it just me or have we just entered one of the greatest periods PC gaming has seen in years? I am overwhelmed with gaming goodness and fearing what the releases of the weeks ahead will bring.

We've had such a slump in PC games I was beginning to feel like maybe it was all really shifting to consoles. Now we've got some titles to be truly proud of. Perhaps I'm speaking too soon, but It doesn't feel that way.

I'm so happy to see the PC reclaim its throne as the platform of choice among discerning gamers.

Discuss. :D
kind of like a cloud I was up way up in the sky and I was feeling some feelings that I couldn't believe; sometimes I don't believe them myself but I decided I was never coming down
Biyobi

Post by Biyobi »

It's actually at the overload point for me. I'm currently playing Kohan 2, CS:S, HL2, Desert Combat every now and then, and the occasional Civ3 or MoO2 game. I still have Rome:TW, Pirates, Dawn of War, Far Cry, and a couple others waiting in the wings.

A great, GREAT time to be a PC gamer! :D
Black Lives Matter
naednek

Post by naednek »

I'll reserve the next post for Rob Merritt, telling us PC gaming is dead :P
bluefugue

Post by bluefugue »

It's quite a fall so far. I have only bought two of the newest games, Rome Total War and Half Life 2. Of those two, HL2 is very good while Rome Total War has made it comfortably onto my "10 best videogames of all time" list.

Only problem is we haven't seen a really top rate CRPG in a while. :(
Tareeq

Post by Tareeq »

bluefugue wrote:Only problem is we haven't seen a really top rate CRPG in a while. :(
KOTOR 2 is coming. Sooner if you have an xbox.
bluefugue

Post by bluefugue »

Yeah, looking forward to that one but don't have an Xbox. Though I thought of buying one in order to play Jade Empire when it comes out. If only I hadn't just blown hundreds of dollars on a PC upgrade...
Eduardo X

Post by Eduardo X »

Don't forget Bloodlines! That, at least so far, is a great CRPG.
ohh and here is your rolly eyes you lost em. :roll:
-AttAdude
JayG

Post by JayG »

I'll be getting Bloodlines today, along with HL2. If the advance word on The Fall wasn't so bad I would have probably got that as well. It's been a long time since I brought 2 games in the same month, never mind the same day. And I'm tempted by Everquest 2 as well. Good times.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

[Heh, you said "gaming goodness" :wink: ]

Should be getting Bloodlines delivered today. Started downloading HL2 last night. Still playing Joint Ops and CoH. Have a Fable game going on the Xbox as well as an NHL2k5 season. Want to get RtW.

I'm looking forward to a weekend of sloth (finally!). Probably get into a long Bloodlines session tonight, maybe check out the beginning of HL2. Then a CS:S session tomorrow after the Michigan/OSU game (is there a better game to play drunk than CS?).
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT