WoW Open Beta: We should gather in ONE server

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Edmond

WoW Open Beta: We should gather in ONE server

Post by Edmond »

I made up a list of people currently in Test 11. Hopefully it will help us get toegther. I appologize for listing test 11 only, since that's where most of us currently playing at :wink: Reply to post your new character info.
Test 11 server
Nick, Race, Class
Soola, human, priest
HunterHugh, ?, ?
Ranulf, dwarf, hunter
Goulash, Undead, Warlock
Arkbender, human, paladin
Darkseer, human, warlock
Kagog, orc, warrior
Arxe, ?, ?
Jenala, ?, ?

Remember: We are playing at the Alliance side.
Pointer

Post by Pointer »

I am up for that. Will get on that server as soon as I can.

Pointer
godhugh
Forum Admin

Post by godhugh »

I'll get on 11 as soon as I can. I use the nick HunterHugh.
To my Wife:

"Life's only life with you in this song" -Whistles the Wind, Flogging Molly

Not to my Wife:

- "When someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for his life."
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I try to get on Test 11. Will post my nick when I make a character.
Koz

Post by Koz »

I'll try and get on too once this sucker finishes installing.
Koz

Post by Koz »

I'm on Test 11 but the sucker is lagging something mighty so I may get my feet wet elsewhere.
Ranulf

Post by Ranulf »

Hmm, I'll try joining 11 a bit later with the nick Ranulf. I have a dwarf paladin named Tiax on server 30 (pacific timezone) too if anyone is there.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Test 11 is lagging way too bad. I went to Test 1 (horde) in the Tauren lands. Dermox is the name.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Ranulf

Post by Ranulf »

Yeah, 11 is unplayable. I'll be on 30 probably, since its west coast.
snoleopard

Post by snoleopard »

I wasn't given a choice of servers, they just ask me if I want alliance or horde, and when I answered, they put me on server 17. Trying to loot the bodies you kill takes forever, and so does selling something. It's kind of funny though, when you're taking the loot off the corpse you just killed, and nothing is happening, but you can speed all over the place with your character all hunched over. Guess it doesn't take much to amuse me, but it is something to do whilst waiting for the lag to catch up with what I'm doing. If I'm given a choice next time I log on, I'll try to get on your server. I'm, respectivly, Warwitch - Mage, Cronos - Warrior/fighter, or Morgana - warlock.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I created a character on server 11 earlier this evening, an undead warlock named Goulash, and the lag didn't seem bad at all. If it has become as bad as the others say, I'll probably move to a less crowded server. Does anyone know if Alliance and Horde characters can group together on the non-PvP servers?
Edmond

Post by Edmond »

I just logged from test 11. The lag is all but gone now. There were occasionally some lag spikes which last a couple seconds only. It's very playable, IMO. The population on this server is "low", btw.
My priest is now lvl 9 and I have quite a few silvers (50+ ?). I will stay on this server longer.

snoleopard:
You can press the "change realm" buttom near the top of the character selection screen to change realm.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

My Ork Warrior is now lvl 9 as well, but I only have 21 silver. I wonder why the big difference?

Anyway, I'm on server 19 or 20, can't remember. Since I plan on trying a bunch of the different classes out, I'll check out server 11 tomorrow.
akerr

Post by akerr »

I am on test server 11 as well as a human Paladin (lvl 10) with the name of Arkbender.

I will look for you guys the next time I play. Which will probably be Friday night since I have stayed up way too late playing this game the last few nights.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I have a level 7 human warlock on Test 11 now.

Anyone in my level range that wants to group up? Send me a tell in game. I'm offline for about 1/2 hr or so, but I'll be back after.
Jow

Post by Jow »

I went back in there (test 36, I think) earlier this morning for the first time in a few months and experienced the worst server lag I've ever seen in the game. There seemed to be 3-4 times as many people as usual, likely due to the open beta, and although the ping times weren't that bad (although occasionally they spiked over 1,000) the action lag was frequently horrendous, sometimes taking 1-2 minutes to loot a corpse. When I logged in the load on that particular server was only reported as "medium".

Dunno if this is typical of performance on other servers, but I may have to rethink picking this up retail if it is.
Edmond

Post by Edmond »

I have editted my original post (the first post) to list all people currently playing at test server 11. Please refer to it, thanks.

GreenGoo:
You haven't post your nick :)
Koz

Post by Koz »

Jow wrote:I went back in there (test 36, I think) earlier this morning for the first time in a few months and experienced the worst server lag I've ever seen in the game. There seemed to be 3-4 times as many people as usual, likely due to the open beta, and although the ping times weren't that bad (although occasionally they spiked over 1,000) the action lag was frequently horrendous, sometimes taking 1-2 minutes to loot a corpse. When I logged in the load on that particular server was only reported as "medium".

Dunno if this is typical of performance on other servers, but I may have to rethink picking this up retail if it is.
I wouldn't trust their lag readings. I was on 36 last night when almost no one was on and practically no lag. Over the course of 2 or 3 hours, the place got pretty packed, and it started lagging a little. The meter actually said there was less lag than before which obviously wasn't true.

I think it's going to be hit or miss for some of these places.
Koz

Post by Koz »

Edmond wrote:I have editted my original post (the first post) to list all people currently playing at test server 11. Please refer to it, thanks.

GreenGoo:
I'll probably be trying an orc warrior later tonight on 11. Dunno what I'm going to call him yet, but I'll let you know.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Edmond wrote:I have editted my original post (the first post) to list all people currently playing at test server 11. Please refer to it, thanks.

GreenGoo:
I know, I thought of that shortly after I posted, but didn't make it back here until now.

The Warlock is Darkseer.

I'm willing to start any sort of character that we are deficient in. Let me know.
Koz

Post by Koz »

I got a orc warrior named Kagog on Test 11. Just leveling up at this point.
Ranulf

Post by Ranulf »

Well, I havent been back on 11 since yesterday. Are most here playing Horde? Is there less lag/players on that side?

Anyway, on 11 nick = Ranulf, Dwarf Hunter lv2 I think. I saw Soola on last night but the lag made the game unplayable. Also, things have changed so if you want to get from Stormwind to Ironforge you take the Gnome "Tram" instead of a griffin.

Im also on servers 30 and 19 if anyone is on those.
Rabid moth

Post by Rabid moth »

Well, I am not on 11, but if anyone is on 22 or 24 you can find me on the horde side.

22 my name is gloom and 24 my name is kodo.

Looking forward to level 20 so I can start killing night elves :twisted:
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I couldn't add HunterHugh to my friend's list, and Goulash is Undead, so no adding him either.

I'm thinking of starting another character on 11. I'll let you know if I do.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Darmox and Tyrna will be logging into Test 1 (Tauren) shortly.

Test 1 lag is bad right now. We'll try alliance 11 (Arxe and Jenala)
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Ranulf

Post by Ranulf »

I'll try to be around tomorrow afternoon/night. Probably after 3pm pacific time. Hopefully they get this lag fixed soon.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I'm currently playing on Test 11 as Darkseer, a lvl 11 human warlock and Sneakylike, a lvl 7 troll rogue.

I will probably start another character tonight or tomorrow, as I want to try a few of the classes to get a feel for them, so I have a better idea what I want to play when retail comes around.

This is my first fantasy MMORPG and I've never played a rogue before. Seems pretty interesting.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Well, I've been playing now as a Tauren named "Hornee" (boy do I love 5th grade humor). I'll probably stick with him at the time being, but if anyone on the Horde side wants to join up feel free to send me a tell.
Koz

Post by Koz »

I'll be on Test 11 for a while tonight... orc warrior, level 9. Name's Kagog... tell me if you want.

EDIT: well provided I can connect... won't even look at Test 11.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Koz wrote:I'll be on Test 11 for a while tonight... orc warrior, level 9. Name's Kagog... tell me if you want.

EDIT: well provided I can connect... won't even look at Test 11.
Ditto. I logged into test 20, and tried to make a new character. It errored when I tried to create it, now I can't even get onto test 20.

Sigh, been at this for over an hr. Surfing and logging. Logging and surfing.
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

I've been out of town all week, finally get back and get it installed...

And all the servers are down.

I'll create Exodor on test 11 if I can ever get in. :cry:
Koz

Post by Koz »

Yeah, everything just died. Stupid Friday nights.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

2 hours now. I've come close to getting in several times. It even retrieved my character list successfully from Test 20 (I tried to make a new char at this point and errored during creation).

Considering the release date is less than 2 weeks away, this is a little crazy :cry:
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

I actually got in on another server, created a character, got my first quest, killed ONE CRITTER...

And then the server crashed. :x
Koz

Post by Koz »

Well now I log in just fine, get to the realm selection screen, a see a whopping total of zero realms to play!
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

And now the server list is empty.

I can log into the main server, but it seems all gaming servers are offline. Weird that they are having a problem with all of them at once, since they are in different geographical locations.

Ah well. To stay up and keep my fingers crossed or to sleep and try again tomorrow.

I never was very smart. Guess I'll stay up for a bit.
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

Yeah, I can login fine but all the realms are gone. :cry:

Time to get somethign to eat and then try again! 8)
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Omg, Test 11 is the first one back up. I'm logging in as I type. Blue progression bar and everything.

Oh wait. Nevermind. It just kicks me back to character selection after the blue bar fills.

Sigh. Had my hopes up and everything.

====================
Edit: Ok, I'm in.

A bit of a rollback, but nothing too serious.
Crowley

Post by Crowley »

Im a night elf druid, names Feld 8)
I <3 :ninja:
Ranulf

Post by Ranulf »

They're now saying they've had 500k signups for the beta, wonder how many they let in?