2024 Fundraising - $1192 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

War Of The Roses-Remus not executed on Friday...

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Kelric

Re: War Of The Roses-Remus not executed on Friday...

Post by Kelric »

triggercut wrote:
Kelric wrote:I tried to plot as much as possible as the Betrayer, but being the last in line (since the Bastard can leap frog to the front) makes it pretty tough to get to the end.
In your position, I'd have followed the Yorks with my Squire vote on Day 1, and then have gone all in with them on Day 2 in public voting.
I was trying to keep my team as the winners even if I died. Staying low key and slowly trying to pick off Lancasters was the plan. I hadn't used my squire vote the whole game.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Kelric wrote:
triggercut wrote:
Kelric wrote:I tried to plot as much as possible as the Betrayer, but being the last in line (since the Bastard can leap frog to the front) makes it pretty tough to get to the end.
In your position, I'd have followed the Yorks with my Squire vote on Day 1, and then have gone all in with them on Day 2 in public voting.
I was trying to keep my team as the winners even if I died. Staying low key and slowly trying to pick off Lancasters was the plan. I hadn't used my squire vote the whole game.
That was the other thing I couldn't seem to find a way to make people let go of. "Your team" is you and two others who survive long enough to win. If your house wins but you're not in line for succession, there shouldn't be any difference between you and anyone else who died earlier in the game in either house.
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

My team is always me. After that, whether it is Lancasters or Innocent Villagers or Werewolves, a secondary victory is still ok.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

With Austin calling for my protection the first night, I figured that info would filter thru Betrayers and I could protect Austin... but didn't figure OUR OWN HOUSE WAS TRYING TO KILL HIM!!!

*glare*
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Three things that would help this game.

First off, each day someone must die. Without that the ability to prevent your death for a single day is pointless, the next day the group can lynch you as though it were the day before particularly in the case where all night kills were eliminated from happening.

Second, PMs between family members during the day. It is a little hard to form an alliance between people against another when the target of the alliance can read everything you write in either forum. Secret communications between family members would allow for more in fighting.

Third, each family shuold have access to assassins rather than have a single ambitious. Each night they could vote to use or bnot use them and who to put in charge of them. Thus the families vote who to put in charge of them for the night and that player decides who to target with them. Obviously the family could offer "suggestions" but the command would come from the voted player. That way there is always the threat of a night kill to motivate protection. I spent more time protecting the Yorks than the Lancasters. It also allows for some better betrayals from the Betrayer; let the other side know who to protect as your family thinks they should kill X thus putting the Church against one of your own.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken