OOWWL S01 Game 5 Villagers Win! Game Over!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

stessier

Re: OOWWL S01 Game 5 Day One!

Post by stessier »

Lassr wrote:
Lassr wrote:
Remus West wrote: withdraw Remus West 

Sigh. Nobody wants to try that game. I wondered if it could lead to both baddies again this time but guess not.
two games in a row...this time it could be an even more prefect disguise.

The self vote is going to get you killed again...
I can't decide whether you should die today or have a scan wasted on you.
Poke the innocents much?

Lassr 

I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

stessier wrote:
Lassr wrote:
Lassr wrote:
Remus West wrote: withdraw Remus West 

Sigh. Nobody wants to try that game. I wondered if it could lead to both baddies again this time but guess not.
two games in a row...this time it could be an even more prefect disguise.

The self vote is going to get you killed again...
I can't decide whether you should die today or have a scan wasted on you.
Poke the innocents much?

Lassr 

never.

If you know my theory of scanning, it is scan the least likely to die by lynch. I feel Remus will be lynched today or tomorrow so why scan.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Lassr wrote:The self vote is going to get you killed again...
Probably. And yet you are still avoiding voting for me just like you were doing last time. Strange isn't it.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Remus West wrote:
Probably. And yet you are still avoiding voting for me just like you were doing last time. Strange isn't it.
Not to me.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Remus West wrote:
and to elaborate a little more:

I am playing it exactly as I did last time and so are you...

I'm a villager this time so what does that make you this time?

Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Lassr wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Not to me.
So you detail why I am going to get lynched today or tomorrow but withhold your vote and you do not find that strange? Interesting.

stessier, I actually agree with Lassr's thinking on the scanning. If you think someone is going to get lynched anyway then scanning them is a waste. Although that is not the same thing as saying it is a waste to scan me. While I expect I will get lynched things do not always go to my expectations in these games. A living confirmed Human is valuable.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Just getting back to civilization and catching up.

Observations:

This game is a whole lot of fluff so far. Rev and Grund voting, but mostly quiet. Newcastle, purge, and bb2112 volleying trivialities. Stess visiting from Prague and gearing up his participation to join the Remus/Lassr debates.

I don't see anything to diminish my suspicions of any of you having sharp, pointy teeth that spring out in the moonlight.

It is somewhat interesting that Lassr thinks the scan would be "wasted" on Remus, but is that a true slip, or wolfy stess trying to create a "slip," as he has been known to do in the past?

Remus' self-vote makes me want to vote for him, as I'm sure he's well aware.

I suspect that one of Lassr or stess is bad, so let's try  stessier 

If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
theohall

Post by theohall »

Day 1 Vote Count

1. Remus West - bb2112, Remus West, Lassr
2. Newcastle - Remus West
3. Lassr - Qantaga
4. purge - bb2112
5. RevHempus71 - Grundbegriff
6. stessier - RevHempus71, Qantaga, Lassr
7. Qantaga - stessier
8. Grundbegriff - purge
9. bb2112 - purge, Remus West, stessier

Remus West (1): Newcastle
Qantaga (1): Lassr
bb2112 (1): purge
Lassr (2): Remus West, stessier
purge (1): Grundbegriff
stessier (2): bb2112, Qantaga

Majority for lynch: 5
Deadline: Sunday at 10 PM ET

Please let me know if I missed anything.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Lassr wrote:
Remus West wrote:
and to elaborate a little more:

I am playing it exactly as I did last time and so are you...

I'm a villager this time so what does that make you this time?
Last time I was a villager and you were a wolf. Since we are playing exactly the same as we were last time and I know my part of the equation is constant then the suspicion falls back on you to see if your part is constant as well.
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Qantaga wrote:Just getting back to civilization and catching up.

Observations:

This game is a whole lot of fluff so far. Rev and Grund voting, but mostly quiet. Newcastle, purge, and bb2112 volleying trivialities. Stess visiting from Prague and gearing up his participation to join the Remus/Lassr debates.

I don't see anything to diminish my suspicions of any of you having sharp, pointy teeth that spring out in the moonlight.

It is somewhat interesting that Lassr thinks the scan would be "wasted" on Remus, but is that a true slip, or wolfy stess trying to create a "slip," as he has been known to do in the past?

I suspect that one of Lassr or stess is bad, so let's try  stessier 

I have just one question Qantaga. If you believe one of Stess or Lassr is evil, why vote for the one that is not voting for you?  Qantaga 

Sheesh...... May I please get out of the corner now???? I promise to behave........
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

RevHempus71 wrote: I have just one question Qantaga. If you believe one of Stess or Lassr is evil, why vote for the one that is not voting for you?

Because someone voting for me is not an indicator of evil. Anyone good or bad could vote for me. I think it slightly more likely that stess is manufacturing a "slip," than it is that Lassr actually slipped.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Qantaga wrote:Because someone voting for me is not an indicator of evil. Anyone good or bad could vote for me. I think it slightly more likely that stess is manufacturing a "slip," than it is that Lassr actually slipped.
How is it manufactured? The guy said "waste a scan on Remus." He didn't say "waste a scan on Remus who is likely to be lynched by tomorrow anyway."

Why are you so quick to discount the fact that it could be a slip?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

I'm not discounting the possibility of it being an actual slip, at all. Thus, the reason I used the term "slightly more likely."
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

withdraw Qantaga 

welcome to the game...

stessier 

Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Qantaga wrote:Just getting back to civilization and catching up.

Observations:

***snip***
Newcastle,.......volleying trivialities.[/accuse]
trivial to you? seriously? Hmm but isnt anything here trivial? Looks like you arent that concerned abouut your fate, and are you protecting Remus?

questions, questions, within Russian dolls, wrapped up in a California roll.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Banter..... chatter..... rhetoric...... Screw it i say its time for a smoke break! :mrgreen:
Sheesh...... May I please get out of the corner now???? I promise to behave........
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Newcastle wrote:protecting Remus?
From what? I don't wish to be linked to Qantaga thank you very much.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

anyway, if my count is correct, this puts
 stessier 

at n-1.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

so why is everyone running up stessier? Whats the big pull there?
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

at the moment: lassr feels innocent to me,

gray zone: remus

I could kind of vote stessier, but want to see others pipe up.

Grund has disappeared

BB - is trying to be mr. humorous

Reve- posted then disappeared. kind of want to vote him, but i also dont want to vote him out on his first game back (yeah yeah, compassion...blah blah blha).

Q- feels off

Purge - is present

meh-

grund 

this is more in the interest in hearin him speak, rather than a belief in his guilt
Bayraktar!!!!

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Newcastle wrote:so why is everyone running up stessier? Whats the big pull there?
well my vote is based on him voting for me using the excuse that he thought I made a slip...when in fact I did not.

Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Lassr wrote:
Newcastle wrote:so why is everyone running up stessier? Whats the big pull there?
well my vote is based on him voting for me using the excuse that he thought I made a slip...when in fact I did not.
Meh. I could see reading it both ways depending how you approach the Seer role. You and I share the same philosophy on it (we'd rather find scans that will live rather than risk one that will likly get lynched in an effort to find a wolf). stessier and I have talked about it in the past and he feels you should always target a suspected wolf. Thus, I initially read what you wrote as you claim to have intended but I can see where he would read it differently.

As for my vote, I'm voting him because he was nearest the edge and I wanted to see what would happen to him when pushed to the brink.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Remus West wrote:
Lassr wrote:
Meh. I could see reading it both ways depending how you approach the Seer role. You and I share the same philosophy on it (we'd rather find scans that will live rather than risk one that will likly get lynched in an effort to find a wolf). stessier and I have talked about it in the past and he feels you should always target a suspected wolf. Thus, I initially read what you wrote as you claim to have intended but I can see where he would read it differently.
and I agree it can be read both ways...question is did he remember my philosophy and ignored it to try and get me lynched or did he honestly think I slipped.

Black Lives Matter
theohall

Post by theohall »

Day 1 Vote Count

1. Remus West - bb2112, Remus West, Lassr, stessier
2. Newcastle - Remus West, Grundbegriff
3. Lassr - Qantaga, stessier
4. purge - bb2112
5. RevHempus71 - Grundbegriff, Qantaga
7. Qantaga - stessier
8. Grundbegriff - purge

Qantaga (1): RevHempus71
Lassr (1): stessier
purge (1): Grundbegriff
stessier (4): bb2112, Qantaga, Lassr, Remus West N-1
Grundbegriff (1): Newcastle

Majority for lynch: 5
Deadline: Sunday at 10 PM ET

Please let me know if I missed anything.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Not at all as retribution for posting our private brainstorming into the Prague thread, I accuse  stessier 

theohall

Post by theohall »

Day 1 Vote Count

1. Remus West - bb2112, Remus West, Lassr, stessier
2. Newcastle - Remus West, Grundbegriff
3. Lassr - Qantaga, stessier
4. purge - bb2112
5. RevHempus71 - Grundbegriff, Qantaga
7. Qantaga - stessier
8. Grundbegriff - purge, stessier

stessier (5): bb2112, Qantaga, Lassr, Remus West, Grundbegriff

VOTING IS CLOSED
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I guess we'll find out.
theohall

Post by theohall »

This village seemed prepared to take on werewolves, as if the villagers had somehow defeated them before.

bb2112 seemed not himself by declaring someone besides Remus West to be a wolf. Initially, Remus West did not follow suit and continued his campaign to "kill" his friends, but appeared overcome with grief and attempted to lynch himself. He soon recovered from his despondency and joined the growing lynch mob towards the man called stessier.

Stessier was insistent Lassr had Lycan knowledge he should not possess. This claim would prove fatal when a strangely silent Grundbegriff tightened the noose around stessier's neck as the rest of the village pulled the rope taught hanging him from the gallows at the center of the village. Death took him rapidly.

When the sunset and the moon had risen, stessier suddenly sprouted a rather large nose and a nice set of sharp teeth.

stessier was a WOLF.
theohall

Post by theohall »

IT IS NIGHT.

Wolves, who will you eat?
Seer, who will you scan?

Orders due Sunday night at 9 PM ET. Extending it a bit due to it being a weekend starting tomorrow, but sooner is better. :)
Last edited by theohall on Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

bah i missed that vote...ah well no point there....good job guys. One down, one more to go!
Bayraktar!!!!

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

we are getting very good at catching wolves on day 1.

Black Lives Matter
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Woohoo us!
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
theohall

Post by theohall »

More howling was heard in the night. This time, all those that remained inside knew it was not the wind when they heard the screams as the howling ceased. Fearing for their safety, the rest of the villagers remained inside and waited for the dawn.

At sunrise, they found a disemboweled Lassr lolling languidly from the gallows. His intestines laid out on the ground before him read "Fear stessier's Revenge!!!" Yes, the wolf even included exclamation points.

Tuesday - Day Two

1. Remus West
2. Newcastle
3. Lassr - Monday night snack
4. purge
5. RevHempus71
6. stessier - Wolf, lynched by village
7. Qantaga
8. Grundbegriff
9. bb2112

It is Day!
Majority is 4
Deadline is Tuesday at 10 pm ET

Mod note - Had to extend the deadline a bit due to having duty this weekend. Will still be monitoring, just in case you all get in a hurry.
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

2 wolves 1 seer 6 villagers. Participants

1. Remus West
2. Newcastle
3. Lassr = dead human
4. purge
5. RevHempus
6. stessier = dead wolf
7. Qantaga
8. Grundbegriff
9. bb2112

stessier (5): bb2112, Qantaga, Lassr, Remus West, Grundbegriff

Voted for Stess:
bb2112
Qantaga
Lassr
Remus west
Grundbegriff

My thoughts thus far, hmm......
Been away for a while. bb212 and Qantaga are unknowns to me. They were the 1st and 2nd votes on Stess.... which is typically where a "hiding in plain sight" partner feels safe. That being said, my gut tells me to look at those 2 first. Of the 2 Qantaga has been the only one to really engage so far.
Lassr is proven human obviously. However I was not buying the "slip" solely on Knowing lassr's history with scans and such.
Purge Is being the same old purge I am used to so got nothing there.
Grund is grund, good or bad always hard to read. Yet with these few players I would find it hard as hell to believe that a wolf would cast the kill vote on his partner day 1.(that being said, of the players in this game, I could only see Grund or Remus trying to make a solo run)
Remus can't see a wolf putting his partner at risk in placing the 4th vote....(refer to the above, also in () )
Newcastle well history tells me he will hang take it in then :horse: after his convictions. So for me he is wait and see....

Known:
Stess - wolf
Lassr - human

Everyone else unknown.

my thoughts/guts

Innocent villagers:
1. Lassr, proven villager/deceased
2. Rev Hempus, at least i know me.....

Leaning towards innocent villager:
1. Grund, can't see him killing partner....
2. Remus, Can't see him dangling his partner out there

As for the rest of you I hope to see more from you as the days pass....

However, 1 of you stands out to me.......  Qantaga 

, Your observations post....
Just getting back to civilization and catching up.

Observations:

Blue: seems like to broad of a statement without some privy info.....
red: at the time "gearing up" sounded odd, and the use of the word debate There was not a a "debate" at the time (at least not in my interpretation of the term). Comments yes, but actual debate... not until Stess made it one.
Yellow: buying into a Lassr "slip" (at any level) involving the use of a Seer's scan seems worthy of suspicion.

Now for those that know me....... How's that for a moment of clarity??
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

I definitely think you're onto something, Rev. No, not on something. Onto something.

Qantaga 

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

RevHempus71 wrote:Now for those that know me....... How's that for a moment of clarity??
Shocking to say the least. :P
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Thinking things over I have a hard time thinkning that anyone voting stessier is a wolf. Day 1 in a game with only 1 other wolf they would be stacking the deck against themselves. I find it very interesting that Rev says only Grund or I would be willing to try the solo run - thus implying that Qantaga and bb2112 would not be willing to make that play but then he turns around and votes for one of the players that voted stessier. I find it odd that Grundbegriff agrees with him quickly and jumps aboard that vote. I find it odd that Newcastle decline to express any intention to vote stessier yesterday but simply questioned the vote being there. Currently looking at those three but need to go back and read again as that is all by memory and what has happened since day break (both posts - well, all three if you want to count me razzing Rev - posts since then).
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

RevHempus71 wrote: How's that for a moment of clarity??

Your moment is the exact opposite of clarity.

I have no experience with you to know if, as a wolf, you would come out so strongly on the offensive.

What I do find interesting is that, after I accused stess yesterday, you came out questioning that vote and accused me, in what could have been a diversion tactic in stess' defense.

I think anyone can look back with "clarity" and see that my accusation of stess provided the momentum for his death. If I were a wolf, there would be no reason for me to put stess in that position.

I'm suspicious of Grund's vote, too. Rev comes out with an elaborate theory, drawing "evidence" (color coded, no less) from a post where I correctly named a wolf. Grund doesn't bother to try to explain why he thinks Rev's unlikely conclusion has any merit (all he offers is a hemp joke), he just throws down a vote. What a nice gift for a wolfy Grund. If Rev is a misguided innocent and not the wolf, Grund helps kill me today, then gets to watch Rev come under scutiny for being so wrong about me.

So, not surprisingly, I'm suspicious of both Rev and Grund at the moment, but It would be nice to hear opinions from the rest of the players.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Ah, cross posted with Remus (still can't get used to OO not telling of other posts made while composing, like GT does).
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Remus West wrote:....snip..... I find it odd that Newcastle decline to express any intention to vote stessier yesterday but simply questioned the vote being there. ......snip.......
wanted to know why people were voting for him. I hadnt read the thread thoroughly (skimmed it) and was curious why he was run up so fast. I was also waiting to see how things woudl turn and develop as well. I really didnt expect him to go to the gallows so quick.

if anything, i think Remus comes out smelling hte best there...yea, i am sure thats gonna heighten your paranoia about me....but mainly due to Rev's statement of not putting your partner at #4.

Question woul dbe: would grund put his partner over the edge like that? So i cant clear grund...and yes i think he'd do something like that. Especially due to these short games, his chances at surviving to end game are high.
Bayraktar!!!!