2024 Fundraising - $1192 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

WW Viking Ship - GAME OVER - English Victory

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Newcastle

Re: WW Viking Ship - Game thread - (day 1)

Post by Newcastle »

Chaosraven wrote:NEWCASTLE: with a Coroner in the game, what results are possible for a Lynch Result?

Coroner can scan the most recent lynch or previous night victim. He will learn their true "nature"; their precise role regardless of alignment. He can only scan someone from the most recent day or night cycle. He can not scan the lynch from the previous day cycle or kill from the previous nights.

IE
Stan is killed on night 2
Joe is lynched on day 2
Bob is killed during night 3
David is lynched during day 3

during night 4 - Coroner can scan Bob & David, he can not scan Joe nor Stan
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Scoop20906

WW Viking Ship - Game thread - (day 1)

Post by Scoop20906 »

My need is to claim glory and riches for my family name. Thus far have only a late night with a shepherdess to claim.

LL has a foulness about his manner. He seems to show satisfaction in the death of El Guapo? Did thoust lose a game of spin the dagger with he, LL?
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
purge

Post by purge »

I suppose he means to say:

تعلمون انه مضحك بكيت في التزام الصمت، والآن لنشرها. سأصوت لنفسي، لكني أقسم أن التكتيك. تصويت قبالة لي ما تريد ، ولكنني لن تغير صوتي إلى ما لا

Cuz you know, Arabic is just about as useful.

I suspect modern Scandinavian doesn't represent its roots closely enough to truly bring about the reality that TRU-1C translation bot is going for.
purge

Post by purge »

TRU-1C, I am not going to reinforce your silence with negative responses.

Yay you. Go girl, get your chat on.

withdraw Tru1cy 

Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Why Guap?

No, I mean it. That's actually sort of a weird choice.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Remus West wrote:google translator (which I have been using on them) says it is Norse when you let it identify the language. Are Norse and Norwegian not the same in the way of Old English and English? That is to say, isn't Norse the source of Norwegian?
Sure, old Norse is the source of Swedish, Norwegian, Danish and Icelandic. It's pretty odd that Google translates it as "Norse". If I wrote something in French, would it come up as "Latin"? :)
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Scoop20906 wrote:LL has a foulness about his manner. He seems to show satisfaction in the death of El Guapo? Did thoust lose a game of spin the dagger with he, LL?
No! He cheated. :evil:
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Grundbegriff wrote:Why Guap?

Evil again, huh?

Arcanis messes up, Grund tries to defend him.

Arcanis, Grund.
Is there anyone in hell?

Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

Lagom Lite wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:Why Guap?

Evil again, huh?

Arcanis messes up, Grund tries to defend him.

Arcanis, Grund.
Are we playing the same game? Because I don't see any mistake I made unless it was acknowledging your vote against me. You are surly being aggressive in trying to point the finger at anyone else, as was already commented on it not being your usual play style.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."--George Orwell
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Scoop draws his +1 battle sword and waves it in the air.

I wish to spill blood!!

But I am unsure who in our war party played a part in the evil deed. My senses scream for rash and bloodly action but thy sword hand shall stay ... for now.

Scoop pokes his sword in Remus West's direction.

What say ye mortal? Are ye comfortable following the vote of LL on Arcanis? So quick in fact did you as well.

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Scoop20906 wrote:Scoop draws his +1 battle sword and waves it in the air.

I wish to spill blood!!

But I am unsure who in our war party played a part in the evil deed. My senses scream for rash and bloodly action but thy sword hand shall stay ... for now.

Scoop pokes his sword in Remus West's direction.

What say ye mortal? Are ye comfortable following the vote of LL on Arcanis? So quick in fact did you as well.
Remus knocks the plastic sword out of Scoop's hand.
If you are that ready to meet the All Father bring a real sword to the field else the Heroes laugh you out of the hall.

I'm fine with where my vote is right now. It is day 1 though so it could easily go elsewhere. Is the case for voting Arcanis weak? Sure. Is it likely going to be weak regardless of who we vote today? Almost certainly. Why do you care who I follow around?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

arcanis[\accuse] 

xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

tru1cy wrote: arcanis 

xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Scoop scrambles to pick up his plastic sword and quickly sheathes it.

Count thy blessing that I am unsure of your guilt. Thou hast made a grave error however. Thine eye is on you now.

Scoop tromps off to find the shepherdess.

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Remus stops to ponder how he is keeping his own eye on himself and why he would bother.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

It appears you misunderstood my question. What results are possible, ie revealed to us in writeup, when we Lynch Someone? I mentioned the Coroner as it made me infer we would not get info and wanted to know.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Or to go further, what does death reveal? Say somebody decides to SHOOT REMUS WEST, what possible 'results' would we get? His side (english or viking), his role, or nothing at all?
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

death reveals alignment, not specific role.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Votes:

Arcanis (3) - Lagom Lite, Remus West, Truicy,

Truicy - (2) Coopasonic, Arcanis,

Majority is 7

NO VOTES CAST: Qantaga, ChaosRaven, Grundbegriff, Theohall, RMC, Scoop,Purge,

if there are any errors please let me know
Bayraktar!!!!

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Chaosraven wrote:Or to go further, what does death reveal? Say somebody decides to SHOOT CHAOSRAVEN, what possible 'results' would we get? His side (english or viking), his role, or nothing at all?
I like this way better. Dick.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Remus West wrote:Remus stops to ponder how he is keeping his own eye on himself and why he would bother.
Ha! While thou ponders I shall seize the initiative.

Scoop draws his plastic sword in a flourish and points it at RMC.

Thou shall not ride my coat tails on this campaign, RMC. Instead I shall strike first!

RMC 

Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

Withdraw Tru1cy 

Still not enough to go on for anything. Though Scoop did remind me that we have some people who still haven't said much if anything since sunrise yet. Me thinks they have something to hide, or like me today been buried at work.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."--George Orwell
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Newcastle wrote:death reveals alignment, not specific role.
ok then. Presuming El Muerto was not the Coroner, as long as we get a Viking result from Lynches, we can assume the Noosebound won't lie about who they were, and the Coroner can examine the Remains of the Brits victim to keep up. If the result of a Lynch is English, we may need to discuss options and concerns.
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

8 vs 4 now, 7 vs 4 after lynch. 6 vs 4 come morning, 5 vs 4 after second lynch. 4 vs 4 loss after 3rd night. Without a Protection, we seem to have 2 strikes only.
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Chaosraven wrote:8 vs 4 now, 7 vs 4 after lynch. 6 vs 4 come morning, 5 vs 4 after second lynch. 4 vs 4 loss after 3rd night. Without a Protection, we seem to have 2 strikes only.
8 vs 4, 7 vs 4 after shot (today/tomorrow), 6 vs 4 after lynch. 5 vs 4 come morning, 4 vs 4 loss after next lynch. It would seem that using the shot today or tomorrow gives us 3 strikes and takes the decision away from the English. Is the Hunter proven publicly when he shoots?
"Where are you off to?"

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Chaosraven wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:8 vs 4 now, 7 vs 4 after lynch. 6 vs 4 come morning, 5 vs 4 after second lynch. 4 vs 4 loss after 3rd night. Without a Protection, we seem to have 2 strikes only.
8 vs 4, 7 vs 4 after shot (today/tomorrow), 6 vs 4 after lynch. 5 vs 4 come morning, 4 vs 4 loss after next lynch. It would seem that using the shot today or tomorrow gives us 3 strikes and takes the decision away from the English. Is the Hunter proven publicly when he shoots?
Taking the shot today is pretty much blind. I would think we are better off taking it with some sort of information to work with - if not a positive scan by the Seer at least some voting records to guide who we wish to have shot.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Chaosraven wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:Is the Hunter proven publicly when he shoots?
Yes
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Votes:

Arcanis (3) - Lagom Lite, Remus West, Truicy,

Truicy - (1) Coopasonic,

RMC (1) - Scoop,

Majority is 7

NO VOTES CAST: Qantaga, ChaosRaven, Grundbegriff, Theohall, RMC, Purge, Arcanis,

if there are any errors please let me know
Bayraktar!!!!

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Remus West wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:
Taking the shot today is pretty much blind. I would think we are better off taking it with some sort of information to work with - if not a positive scan by the Seer at least some voting records to guide who we wish to have shot.
it's obviously up to whomever holds the Implement of Death, but I am saying we don't have much wiggle room with the numbers.
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

And OMG this cartoon on facebook made me think of you... Where the Chemist orders H2O and his companion says "I'll have H2O, too" and then dies. HAHAHAHAHA
"Where are you off to?"

RMC

Post by RMC »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Remus West wrote:Remus stops to ponder how he is keeping his own eye on himself and why he would bother.
Ha! While thou ponders I shall seize the initiative.

Scoop draws his plastic sword in a flourish and points it at RMC.

Thou shall not ride my coat tails on this campaign, RMC. Instead I shall strike first!

RMC 

You twit, get a real sword.

Scoop 

:lol:
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
theohall

Post by theohall »

Made it to Texas. Will comment tomorrow after a re-read.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Chaosraven wrote:And OMG this cartoon on facebook made me think of you... Where the Chemist orders H2O and his companion says "I'll have H2O, too" and then dies. HAHAHAHAHA
:?:
Guess I'll go look at facebook.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

and now I get the joke. :lol:

Stupid to/too/two.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

theohall wrote:Made it to Texas. Will comment tomorrow after a re-read.
A Viking in the desert?

theohall 

theohall

Post by theohall »

Chaosraven 

He is trying to be too helpful too soon.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Chaosraven wrote:And OMG this cartoon on facebook made me think of you... Where the Chemist orders H2O and his companion says "I'll have H2O, too" and then dies. HAHAHAHAHA
Remus West wrote:and now I get the joke. :lol:

Stupid to/too/two.

My girls and I love that cartoon:

:lol:

Catching up on the thread...
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Suspicious behavior:

- Lagom. Lagom is reminding me more of his Meet the Robinsons evil persona, than his BSG and Princess Bride good persona. Still, his game acumen has been eerily on target lately and he would be well worth having around, if he is good.

- Grund. In the two games Grund and I were evil together, he was virtually silent on the first day. Good Grund usually has a big post or two, prominently featuring what he calls "Tools" for the game.

- Chaosraven. theohall makes a decent point about helpful Chaos. Is he trying to draw a blind shot by posting his numbers? (Although, the prospect of only two misses is very daunting).

- Roleplaying Scoop. Trying a little too hard to out-Scoop his normally unconventional behavior?

- Remus. Remus cast a quick vote on Arcanis (following Lagom's lead), then retreated into mostly calm behaviour and roleplaying with Scoop. Day One Remus is usually much more bloodthirsty.

I'm not yet sure how to read the set of ezmating theohall, seemingly engaged RMC, talkative Norwegian tru1cy, and quieter-than-expected coopasonic.

The one aspect of the day that I'm curious about, though, is Arcanis. I have no previous experience with him. He's garnered a lot of attention for a "new guy." Perhaps, he's not really new. Does he have previous WW experience here? I haven't been in a game with him yet, in my previous dozen or so games here. If he is new, it seems rather strange that he's the one garnering attention so early. If he does have a history here, then it's more understandable.

But, on my initial read, the one that strikes me as being the most stealthy, compared to what I usually see from him in these games (GT mostly) is:

purge 

His vote on tru1cy, then the "get your chat on" withdrawl, seems a bit manufactured.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Qantaga wrote:- Grund. In the two games Grund and I were evil together, he was virtually silent on the first day. Good Grund usually has a big post or two, prominently featuring what he calls "Tools" for the game.
I'm evil in this game, too, amazingly.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Grundbegriff wrote:I'm evil in this game, too, amazingly.

Okay, then... there's one.