[2]A Walk in Wolf Woods - Game Over

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

theohall

Re: [2]A Walk in Wolf Woods - Day 1

Post by theohall »

All of this snuggling, peeking, and peeing is making me think of..... *shudder*.... wolves!!!
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Scoop20906 wrote:
LordMortis wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:Thats interesting. I wonder who you are trying to contact.
Someone who's playing. :ninja: Why do you wonder?
At look at the possible roles points to you could be one of theses two...
# Gamma Wolf – Something tugs at his mind. He knows there is a presence out there just beyond his sight. Each night he searches for the source of that presence by scanning a player. If he scans the Sorcerer the Sorcerer will be given access to the wolf forum. If he scans the Seer the Seer will learn the identity of the Gamma wolf in place of his own scan. His scan will show only Sorcerer or Not Sorcerer.

# Sorcerer – Evil Human. He thinks he can control the lycanthropic fury around him and thus increase his own power. In order to protect what he views as his future power he searches for those that would oppose it. Each night he may scan one player. The results of his scan will show only Seer or Not Seer.
Of course you could just say, if I was a baddie, why would I expose myself like this? Correct?
That's exactly it. I'm a gamma wolf and I'm betting the sorcerer is in the game and I'm betting this one person pulled the sorcerer. Or perhaps I'm the sorcerer and I'm letting my my wolf buddy know even though we're on different sides and he has no idea who I am that I know he's a wolf and that I am currently looking for the seer.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

redrun wrote:Do you have any idea how many game threads I've read in the past six months without being able to post? Just....watching.... as people fail to do the things that I knew needed to be done. Why, sometimes I was actually right... just think of what it would have meant if folks had followed my advice when it turned out to be right.
So what's your right advice here?
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Somebody wake me up when  UNAGI 

finally ezmates.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Did Lord Mortis just claim a baddie role?
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
theohall

Post by theohall »

I believe LM is using that tool called "sarcasm" to indicate he is actually good, or is he hiding behind sarcasm while actually being a bad guy. Tough call either way. The hint about contacting he mentioned earlier doesn't favor any good human role, though.
redrun

Post by redrun »

LordMortis wrote:
redrun wrote:Do you have any idea how many game threads I've read in the past six months without being able to post? Just....watching.... as people fail to do the things that I knew needed to be done. Why, sometimes I was actually right... just think of what it would have meant if folks had followed my advice when it turned out to be right.
So what's your right advice here?
-- If you're not sure if you can trust me, you can probably trust me.
Sufficient I am to the day.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

redrun wrote: -- If you're not sure if you can trust me, you can probably trust me.
I thought trust had a very specific denotation in these games.
tru1cy wrote:Did Lord Mortis just claim a baddie role?
Feel free to believe I'm claiming a baddie roll. You'll be wrong. But feel free to hold that belief.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Chaosraven let out a little high pitched squeal
I can almost hear it in my sleep
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Unagi wrote:
Sleeping in the day, huh? Were you up all night?
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

theohall wrote:I believe LM is using that tool called "sarcasm" to indicate he is actually good, or is he hiding behind sarcasm while actually being a bad guy. Tough call either way. The hint about contacting he mentioned earlier doesn't favor any good human role, though.
So why try to contact someone the way he did at all?
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

LordMortis wrote:
Unagi wrote:
Sleeping in the day, huh? Were you up all night?
:mrgreen:

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Screw you guys.
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Scoop20906 wrote:
LordMortis wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:I was simply having fun with the fact that if people (or at least one person) had listened to me we would have won last game.
We did win the last game. And the game before that. And the game before that. My memory gets hazy as to which games were won before that because it's been a long damned time but really, we almost never lose.

Go Team MiB! Go team Tru1cy! Go team Blade Runner! And soon it will be go team Humans! And I can think of at least one other player whom is probably human because he vowed I would die first when he came to the realization of how the winning side always chooses me to play for them.
Thats interesting. I wonder who you are trying to contact.
LordMortis wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:
LordMortis wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:Thats interesting. I wonder who you are trying to contact.
Someone who's playing. :ninja: Why do you wonder?
At look at the possible roles points to you could be one of theses two...
# Gamma Wolf – Something tugs at his mind. He knows there is a presence out there just beyond his sight. Each night he searches for the source of that presence by scanning a player. If he scans the Sorcerer the Sorcerer will be given access to the wolf forum. If he scans the Seer the Seer will learn the identity of the Gamma wolf in place of his own scan. His scan will show only Sorcerer or Not Sorcerer.

# Sorcerer – Evil Human. He thinks he can control the lycanthropic fury around him and thus increase his own power. In order to protect what he views as his future power he searches for those that would oppose it. Each night he may scan one player. The results of his scan will show only Seer or Not Seer.
Of course you could just say, if I was a baddie, why would I expose myself like this? Correct?
That's exactly it. I'm a gamma wolf and I'm betting the sorcerer is in the game and I'm betting this one person pulled the sorcerer. Or perhaps I'm the sorcerer and I'm letting my my wolf buddy know even though we're on different sides and he has no idea who I am that I know he's a wolf and that I am currently looking for the seer.
Ok, I realize its early in the game to zero in on something but I'm not sure how to read LM's first statement and then confirmation that he was trying to contact someone. I'd like to hear what others think about it. It would easier to just assume he was playing around with another player but it could be a slip up too.

RMC

Post by RMC »

So here we are, No patterns to really see yet. Not that I can see, but I like spreadsheets, so here is what I have.

1. Newcastle redrun : Following Scoops lead
2. Qantaga
3. Chaosraven unagi : Just to 'wake' him up
4. Theohall Rhetts2
5. rshetts2
6. Scoop20906 redrun : Just throwing him out
7. Grundbegriff
8. tru1cy - Grundbegriff : Just to 'wake' him up
9. lassr Dead
10. msteelers - stessier : Last game revenge
11. redrun - Remus El Guapo :Umm.. yep...
12. Chrisgrenard
13. Unagi
14. stessier
15. Isgrimnur
16. pr0ner
17. RMC
18. Lagom Lite Scoop : Well because Scoop is always a good target. :)
19. Lord Mortis
20. Semaj
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

/puts arm around RMC

"Dude, you're a rookie and all, but I AM NOT following scoop's lead. Redrun clearly stole my line. Since in previous games that's my shtick to ask....Why *x* was the nightkill>"

/gives him a slap on the back
/tapes a "lynch me" sign on RMC's back
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

ChrisGrenard wrote:As I've been out of the loop so long, and I'm not the type to run a spreadsheet on each game, I'm going to refrain from voting initially unless my vote would actually help the day end.

So in other words, for today I'm fine being the last guy to hop on the bandwagon.

Hmmm...

This sounds remarkably like the facade a wolfy RMC tried to hide behind in Bond II.

Couple that with a verbose tru1cy, a chatty Chaosraven, a sedate Unagi, a silent stessier (among others), a redrun who is dancing around and casting votes on those not even in the game (doesn't El Guapo mean "handsome," not "the wolf?"), a Lagom who admits to a thirst for at least elvish blood, a relatively calm theohall, a very Scoop-like Scoop, a suddenly strategic RMC, and a "sarcastic" Lord Mortis, et al, and we've got quite an opening day of festivities.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

I'm thinking LM is being sarcastic. He would have to know someone would catch it and call him out
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I'd join you on redrun Scoop, but I've read LMs replies to be benign.

I think we should all be voting Chaos, but that isn't likely on Day 1.
But, I insist it's the right thing to do.

Let's blame triggercut if I'm wrong.
RMC

Post by RMC »

I have always been strategic. Last game the strategy was 'Newb'. The first game I played, I got my feet wet, and got shot.

This game, I get to be strategic, but as Newcastle points out, I have to read a little better before posting.

/takes of the 'lynch me' sign.

I also think LM was being sarcastic, and it worries me that people are pushing what is most likely LM being LM.
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Unagi wrote:I'd join you on redrun Scoop, but I've read LMs replies to be benign.

Why CR?
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Newcastle wrote:"We really must wonder why Lassr though?"

Maybe it was someone who wanted Lassr to be able to devote more time to his BSG game.

Let's see, wasn't there someone who showed a bit of enthusiasm for that game by busting in on Lassr's thread, even when Lassr posted that it wasn't ready for sign-ups? ;)
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

tru1cy wrote:
Unagi wrote:I'd join you on redrun Scoop, but I've read LMs replies to be benign.

Why CR?
Don't hold me to these reasons later:

I would think I'd be a top choice for retribution votes this game.
(so far) it seems like no one is really persuing that though. I think a reasonable wolf strategy would be to offer up Unagi, and just let the crowd take me down.

I think most Good Guys would worry about hitting a Good Special with that tactic, but it's mostly perfectly safe for a wolf to toss the name that's most likely to attract a mega-train.
redrun

Post by redrun »

Qantaga wrote: a redrun who is dancing around and casting votes on those not even in the game (doesn't El Guapo mean "handsome," not "the wolf?"),
-- Yes, El Guapo means the handsome one. He's poked his head in here a couple of times and Never Posted. Of course, as you pointed out, he's not playing the game so he has no reason to post. :oops:

Withdraw El Guapo 

Sufficient I am to the day.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Well I have to say, with Stessier so far being quiet( A wolfy tactic he used last game) and the first target being Lassr, I think we should all start to wonder where Stessier is?

While I am not ready to commit a vote Stessier is starting to look like a viable wolf.

Lassr and him worked very well together last game, and I think stessier would have certainly chosen him as a great first target for a lot of reasons. Not damning at all, but still a good bet, especially if Stessier stays silent for a long time.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Unagi wrote:
tru1cy wrote:

Why CR?
Don't hold me to these reasons later:

I would think I'd be a top choice for retribution votes this game.
(so far) it seems like no one is really persuing that though. I think a reasonable wolf strategy would be to offer up Unagi, and just let the crowd take me down.

I think most Good Guys would worry about hitting a Good Special with that tactic, but it's mostly perfectly safe for a wolf to toss the name that's most likely to attract a mega-train.
you are awfully verbose for a Poke The Silent vote that hasn't even got a train going. I would be more likely to  withdraw Unagi, vote stessier 

for a retributive (and silent) poke.
"Where are you off to?"

Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Scoop

Not sure that first post was odd... but scoop is always odd..

Ima pretend to have vast array of knowledge to carry the day..

I hate not knowing what my opponents can do.. but let me assume you wolves.. if you had an alpha and didnt convert me, Ima punch one of you next game :)
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Newcastle wrote:/puts arm around RMC

"Dude, you're a rookie and all, but I AM NOT following scoop's lead. Redrun clearly stole my line. Since in previous games that's my shtick to ask....Why *x* was the nightkill>"

Why so eager not to be seen as Scoop's lapdog?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
stessier

Post by stessier »

Semaj wrote:Scoop

Not sure that first post was odd... but scoop is always odd..

Ima pretend to have vast array of knowledge to carry the day..

I hate not knowing what my opponents can do.. but let me assume you wolves.. if you had an alpha and didnt convert me, Ima punch one of you next game :)
That's not how you vote.

[accuse 

I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

withdraw stessier 

who's next?
"Where are you off to?"

ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

Personal thoughts before my next meeting:

- Scoop is weird. Is he always like this?
- Grund is really silent, last time I played I thought he was more into the game. Could be work or something though.
- I know nothing about stessier, but again he's very quiet right now, and somebody pointed out he did that last time he was a wolf.

That's about it, as of right now I'd be more personally inclined to follow these routes, but that's only because I lack any other information other than what people are (or are not) saying.
I'm special!
RMC

Post by RMC »

ChrisGrenard wrote:Personal thoughts before my next meeting:

- Grund is really silent, last time I played I thought he was more into the game. Could be work or something though.
- I know nothing about stessier, but again he's very quiet right now, and somebody pointed out he did that last time he was a wolf.

That's about it, as of right now I'd be more personally inclined to follow these routes, but that's only because I lack any other information other than what people are (or are not) saying.
So far yes Scoop is always this weird in my experience, which is very limited. :)

Grund has always been quiet in the games I have seen him..

And now Stessier is talking, so maybe Grund is the person to see what he has to say..
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Scoop is always weird and rather verbose, but push him while he's a bad guy and he goes into zerker rage. Sorta like me. I think he's a wolf.

Grund is usually dead quiet on Day 1, unless he's trying to get his incompetent accomplice out of trouble ( :oops: ).

stessier is on and off on activity tbh. I've no read on him yet, but I seldom do.
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Hi, guys! What's going on?
It's almost as if people are the problem.
theohall

Post by theohall »

withdraw rshetts2

accuse Isgrminur 

for being late. An explanation is demanded.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Lagom Lite wrote:

Scoop is always weird and rather verbose, but push him while he's a bad guy and he goes into zerker rage. Sorta like me. I think he's a wolf.

Grund is usually dead quiet on Day 1, unless he's trying to get his incompetent accomplice out of trouble ( :oops: ).

stessier is on and off on activity tbh. I've no read on him yet, but I seldom do.
So now after read this I need to decide whether I think you are a good Lagom who is mistaken but doing his best for the group or an evil Lagom trying to generate a bandwagon on me.

Unfortunately, the last couple games I have seen Lagom in its been difficult to tell if Lagom is good or evil because he has developed a knack for looking evil pretty much all the time and I know how distracting that can be. (Yes, I know its the pot calling the kettle black here)

I'm willing to see how Lagom works this angle. I want to give him the benefit of being wrong and not jump to any conclusions.

Frankly, I'm more interested in targeting a "friendly" or "silent" wolf today. Those are the ones that sneak up on you at the end game.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

stessier wrote:
Newcastle wrote:/puts arm around RMC

Why so eager not to be seen as Scoop's lapdog?
I really don't need another one of these.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I'm not sure if we've ever played in a WW game before so, uhm, yeah, this is me.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Time to rattle some cages:

1. Newcastle - Active
2. Qantaga - Semi-Active
3. Chaosraven - Active
4. Theohall - Active
5. rshetts2 - Semi-Active
6. Scoop20906 - Over-Active
7. Grundbegriff - Silent!!
8. tru1cy - Active
9. lassr - Dead
10. msteelers - Semi-active
11. redrun - Active
12. Chrisgrenard - Active
13. Unagi - Active
14. stessier - Active
15. Isgrimnur - Slightly Active (one post saying Hi)
16. pr0ner - Silent!!
17. RMC - Active
18. Lagom Lite - Active
19. Lord Mortis - Active
20. Semaj - Silent!!

Ok, this is not a post count of anything but we need to encourage the participation of the silent and semi/slightly active players. Right now I see three silent players who need to start posts are votes should follow on them. (Not that anyone ever listens to me :? )

RMC

Post by RMC »

As bad as this is to say... I agree with Scoop. :|