Post by Cesare »

:ninja:
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Much like England and France have been in the English Cha- waitaminute

:shock:
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Results for Spring, 1902 (Movement)
General Notices:
No retreating units; retreat phase skipped.
Order resolution completed on 14-Jul-2007 at 15:14:52 GMT-05:00

Order Results:
Austria:
Austria: F alb -> gre
Austria: A bud Holds
Austria: A ser -> bul
Bounced with bul (1 against 1).
Austria: A tri -> ser
Failed because Austria: A ser -> bul failed.
England:
England: F lvp -> iri
England: F lon -> eng
England: F nth Holds
England: A nwy Holds

France:
France: F bre -> pic
Failed because France: A pic -> bur failed.
France: A pic -> bur
Bounced with mun (1 against 1).
France: A spa -> gas
Bounced with mar (1 against 1).
Germany:
Germany: F ber -> bal
Germany: A den Holds
Germany: F hol -> bel
Germany: A mun -> bur
Bounced with pic (1 against 1).
Germany: A ruh Supports F hol -> bel

Italy:
Italy: A mar -> gas
Bounced with spa (1 against 1).
Italy: F nap -> ion
Italy: F rom -> tys
Italy: F tun -> wes
Italy: A ven Holds

Russia:
Russia: A mos Supports A sev
Russia: F rum Supports A ser -> bul
Support cut by Move from Black Sea.
Russia: A sev Holds
Russia: A stp -> nwy
Bounced with nwy (1 against 1).
Russia: F swe Holds
Russia: A ukr Supports F rum

Turkey:
Turkey: F ank -> bla
Failed because Turkey: F bla -> rum failed.
Turkey: A arm -> sev
Bounced with sev (1 against 2).
Turkey: F bla -> rum
Bounced with rum (1 against 2).
Turkey: A bul Supports F rum
Support cut by Move from Serbia.

Fall 1902 orders due Tuesday 11:59 PM EST
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

missing a few orders so Bumped to remind.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Hopefully not mine. My internet is weird lately.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Those players with missing orders have been PM'd. If I have not received them when I get up in the morning (I expect closer to noon then not) I will assign hold orders to all units of the countries missing their orders.
Cesare

Post by Cesare »

:pop:
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Results for Fall, 1902 (Movement)
General Notices:
Order resolution completed on 18-Jul-2007 at 13:13:33 GMT-05:00

Order Results:
Austria:
No order for unit at Budapest. Hold order assigned.

Austria: F gre Supports A ser -> bul
Austria: A ser -> bul
Austria: A tri -> alb

England:
England: F eng Supports F iri -> mao
England: F iri -> mao

France:
France: F bre Holds
France: A pic Holds
France: A spa Holds
Dislodged from mar (2 against 1).

Germany:
No order for unit at Baltic Sea. Hold order assigned.
No order for unit at Denmark. Hold order assigned.

Germany: F bal Holds
Germany: F bel -> pic
Bounced with pic (1 against 1).
Germany: A den Holds
Germany: A ruh Supports A mun -> bur

Italy:
Italy: F ion Holds
Italy: A mar -> spa
Italy: F tys -> lyo
Italy: A ven -> rom
Italy: F wes Supports A mar -> spa

Russia:
Russia: A mos Supports A sev
Russia: F rum Supports A ser -> bul
Russia: A sev Holds
Russia: A stp -> fin
Russia: F swe -> den
Bounced with den (1 against 1).
Russia: A ukr Supports F rum

Turkey:
The Army in Bulgaria cannot retreat; unit destroyed.

Turkey: F ank Holds
Turkey: A arm Holds
Turkey: F bla -> con
Turkey: A bul -> gre
Bounced with gre (1 against 1).
Dislodged from ser (3 against 1).

Retreat orders due by 11:59 EST TODAY (Wednesday)

if given Grand_Director has not PMed his retreat to me I will assume that he would opt to move towards his home if the rest of you are o.k. with that. It would put him in Gascony I believe.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Does he control Portugal?
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Remus West wrote:if given Grand_Director has not PMed his retreat to me I will assume that he would opt to move towards his home if the rest of you are o.k. with that. It would put him in Gascony I believe.
Not that I have any business here, but wouldn't he be more likely to prefer to retreat to the SC in Portugal, and thereby retain his unit count during the build/shrink phase?
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

hey, it's cool, grundbebrutha, I got it covered :wink:
"Where are you off to?"

Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Chaosraven wrote:hey, it's cool, grundbebrutha, I got it covered :wink:
I didn't want to presume that you-- or anyone else-- would have GD's best interests in mind. ;)
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Remus West wrote:if given Grand_Director has not PMed his retreat to me I will assume that he would opt to move towards his home if the rest of you are o.k. with that. It would put him in Gascony I believe.
Not that I have any business here, but wouldn't he be more likely to prefer to retreat to the SC in Portugal, and thereby retain his unit count during the build/shrink phase?
Floks are correct. He does NOT control Portugal currently so would likely retreat there to maintain his count. That is the action I will take unless he tells me otherwise. Ignore the Gascony comment. :oops:
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Grundbegriff wrote:
I didn't want to presume that you-- or anyone else-- would have GD's best interests in mind. ;)
Hahahahahahahahaha!

I have occasionally been known to play fair and slightly more rarely be trustworthy :twisted:
"Where are you off to?"

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Chaosraven wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
Hahahahahahahahaha!

I have occasionally been known to play fair and slightly more rarely be trustworthy :twisted:
:shock:
Cesare

Post by Cesare »

I was actually going to ask for a ruling on this. I think most people would agree that absent players shouldn't lose units if they miss a retreat turn. Likewise, I'd like to think that players who miss a build shouldn't totally miss out on their build for that year. I'm totally cool with France's army moving to Portugal this turn, but going forward I think it would be good to have a standard set of rules for these occasions, since having the host as a phantom player, as well as allowing other players/non-players to chime in with their opinion on moves seems messy and potentially problematic. This case is fairly cut and dried, but there will definitely be occasions where it's not clear what the best build/disband/retreat move is. It would be nice to have a transparent set of rules for these occasions.

I wouldn't mind if it was just totally random, this would be a slight punishment for the slacking player (though in the case of retreat/build, it wouldn't be as bad as losing a unit), would be non-subjective, and totally transparent.
- Retreat Phase: A province is chosen at random out of the legal retreats.

- Disband Phase: An army/fleet that is not adjacent to another player's army/fleet is chosen at random and disbanded. If all the player's armies/fleets are adjacent to another player, one of these is chosen at random and disbanded.

- Building Phase: An available build province is chosen at random. If this is a landlocked province, an army is built. If it's coastal province an army or fleet is chosen at random (50/50 chance).
Thoughts?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Cesare wrote:
- Retreat Phase: A province is chosen at random out of the legal retreats.

- Disband Phase: An army/fleet that is not adjacent to another player's army/fleet is chosen at random and disbanded. If all the player's armies/fleets are adjacent to another player, one of these is chosen at random and disbanded.

- Building Phase: An available build province is chosen at random. If this is a landlocked province, an army is built. If it's coastal province an army or fleet is chosen at random (50/50 chance).
I am fine with doing these with one exception and that is shown in today's possible case. If there is an obvious logical move (go to open supply center or end up losing a unit) I feel that move should be made. However, if the "open" supply center is owned then I think we would need to go back to pure random. That shouldn't be a problem any longer as Portugal is/was the final remaining "open" SC. So it should be random from here on out. If this creates a situation where someone accidentally steals a SC from an ally......they should have been paying attention.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

I'd be fine with us operating under those rules.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Results for Fall, 1902 (Retreat)
General Notices:
Order resolution completed on 19-Jul-2007 at 00:47:02 GMT-05:00

Order Results:
Austria:
Supply centers were gained. Units that may be built: 2.

England:

France:
France: A spa -> por

Germany:
Supply centers were gained. Units that may be built: 1.

Italy:
Supply centers were gained. Units that may be built: 1.

Russia:

Turkey:

Build Orders due Thursday 11:59 PM EST
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Results for Fall, 1902 (Adjustment)
General Notices:
Order resolution completed on 19-Jul-2007 at 22:05:38 GMT-05:00

Order Results:
Austria:
Austria: Builds A tri
Austria: Builds A vie

England:

France:

Germany:
Germany: Builds A mun

Italy:
Italy: Builds F nap

Russia:

Turkey:

Spring 1903 Orders due Monday 11:59 PM EST
Austin

Post by Austin »

Bah... Boooo. Oh well.
Your ad here.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Bump to remind
Mandeville

Post by Mandeville »

So I went on Vacation last week to South Carolina. There is a computer where I was going so I fgured that all would be ok and I would just log in down there. Unfortunatly it was not the case and I didn't bring a laptop with me. I just got back home, sorry for disappearing for the week. It's a good thing I have no friends in this game, otherwise I would have really let them down.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Grand_Director wrote:So I went on Vacation last week to South Carolina. There is a computer where I was going so I fgured that all would be ok and I would just log in down there. Unfortunatly it was not the case and I didn't bring a laptop with me. I just got back home, sorry for disappearing for the week. It's a good thing I have no friends in this game, otherwise I would have really let them down.
We are all your frie....Oh, you meant as in other nations that are friends with you. :wink: :lol:
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Grand_Director wrote:It's a good thing I have no friends in this game, otherwise I would have really let them down.
:ninja:
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Vive le France!
Black Lives Matter.
Austin

Post by Austin »

So I missed the last move and therefore any building stage. I'm not really into this anymore but will still get moves in as to try not to ruin the game for others. At least it was a chance to get a handle on things. Hopefully RW will take some moves I'll send him now. The forums weren't nice last night.
Your ad here.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Austin wrote:So I missed the last move and therefore any building stage. I'm not really into this anymore but will still get moves in as to try not to ruin the game for others. At least it was a chance to get a handle on things. Hopefully RW will take some moves I'll send him now. The forums weren't nice last night.
FWIW, you haven't missed a building stage. You moved last fall - though didn't get any builds - and the building phase won't be after next fall (the moving phase after this one).
Black Lives Matter.
Austin

Post by Austin »

El Guapo wrote:
Austin wrote:So I missed the last move and therefore any building stage. I'm not really into this anymore but will still get moves in as to try not to ruin the game for others. At least it was a chance to get a handle on things. Hopefully RW will take some moves I'll send him now. The forums weren't nice last night.
FWIW, you haven't missed a building stage. You moved last fall - though didn't get any builds - and the building phase won't be after next fall (the moving phase after this one).
I'm so confused.
Your ad here.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Austin wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
I'm so confused.
Build phases occur after each Fall move & retreat. Last fall (Fall 1902) you moved:
England:
England: F eng Supports F iri -> mao
England: F iri -> mao
At that point, each power that has gained or lost units must build/disband units. However, you neither captured nor lost any supply centers, so you did not get to build/disband any units. You didn't miss the phase, just didn't have anything to do in it.

Now it's Spring '03. Even if you were to miss this move, the next phase would the Fall '03 move. After Fall '03, there will then be another build/disband phase. If you gain/lose supply centers after the Fall move, then you will get to build/disband units. Same thing after Fall '04, Fall 05, etc.

But either way, you haven't missed any build phases, nor are you currently in danger of missing any.
Black Lives Matter.
Cesare

Post by Cesare »

Austin wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
I'm so confused.
Our Fall 1902 Moves were posted on Wed. July 18th at 12:12 pm EST, then fall retreats happened (only applied to France) and were posted at 11:43 the same day.

Our Winter 1902 Builds were posted on July 19th at 9:03 pm EST (only applied to Austria, Italy, Germany).

Our Spring 1903 Moves were due last night at midnight, but Remus hasn't posted yet (in the past he's mentioned updating around noon following the deadline). It's more than likely that your moves will be applied.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I never recieved orders from 2 nations but went with the update anyway. :?
I will post it later as Photobucket is doing work and I can not get at my album to upload the map right now. :(

If either of the Nations (and you know who you are) get orders to me before Photobucket reopens I will rerun the turn with those orders.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Results for Spring, 1903 (Movement)
General Notices:
No retreating units; retreat phase skipped.
Order resolution completed on 24-Jul-2007 at 19:31:42 GMT-05:00

Order Results:
Austria:
Austria: A alb -> gre
Austria: A bul Holds
Austria: F gre -> aeg
Austria: A tri -> ser
Austria: A vie -> gal

England:
England: F eng Supports F mao -> bre
England: F mao -> bre

France:
France: F bre -> gas
France: A pic -> bre
Bounced with mao (1 against 1).
France: A por Holds

Germany:
Germany: F bal -> den
Germany: F bel -> pic
Failed because France: A pic -> bre failed.
Germany: A bur -> par
Germany: A den -> kie
Germany: A ruh -> bel
Failed because Germany: F bel -> pic failed.

Italy:
Italy: F lyo -> wes
Italy: F nap -> tys
Italy: A rom Holds
Italy: A spa -> por
Bounced with por (1 against 1).
Italy: F wes -> naf

Russia:
Russia: A fin Supports F swe
Russia: A mos -> stp
Russia: F rum -> bla
Russia: A sev -> rum
Russia: F swe Holds
Russia: A ukr -> sev

Turkey:
Turkey: F ank Holds
Turkey: A arm Holds
Turkey: F con Holds

Fall 1903 Orders due Friday 11:59 PM EST
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Nothing to see here. What may have been here to see does not happen until next week. I'm more of an idiot than originally thought though.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Reminder.
Cesare

Post by Cesare »

Hmmm.. I happened to catch the change-of-plans PM (at 6pm, on Friday, as I'm about to go away for the weekend), but I can understand how even if people got this last minute PM, they still might not have time to come up with decent moves or communicate with their allies.

I'd be perfectly happy if we stuck with the Monday deadline, since this change of deadlines was really, really last minute.

[edit: Wait, was this update made yesterday? Did I really go through this entire day not noticing I had a PM?]

[edit x2: Nope, PM sent Friday 4:30.. original comment stands. :D]
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

yeah, since it is my fault I do not plan on being hard line on this, just figured if everyone got them in I could advance it. The deadline was Sunday though so I will hardline that.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Results for Fall, 1903 (Movement)
General Notices:
All dislodged units destroyed; advancing to next phase.
Order resolution completed on 30-Jul-2007 at 16:15:05 GMT-05:00

Order Results:
Austria:
No order for unit at Aegean Sea. Hold order assigned.
No order for unit at Greece. Hold order assigned.

Austria: F aeg Holds
Austria: A bud -> gal
Austria: A bul Supports A ser -> rum
Austria: A gal -> war
Austria: A gre Holds
Austria: A ser -> rum

England:
England: F bre Holds
England: F eng Holds
England: F nth Convoys A nwy -> hol
England: A nwy -> hol
Convoy path taken: nwy→nth→hol.

France:
The Army in Picardy cannot retreat; unit destroyed.

No order for unit at Portugal. Hold order assigned.

France: F gas Holds
France: A pic Holds
Dislodged from bur (2 against 1).
France: A por Holds

Germany:
No order for unit at Denmark. Hold order assigned.

Germany: F bel Supports A bur -> pic
Germany: A bur -> pic
Germany: F den Holds
Germany: A kie -> ber
Germany: A par Holds
Germany: A ruh -> bur

Italy:
Italy: F naf -> mao
Italy: A rom Holds
Italy: A spa Holds
Italy: F tys Holds
Italy: F wes Supports F naf -> mao

Russia:
Russia: F bla -> con
Bounced with ank (1 against 1).
Russia: A fin Supports A stp -> nwy
Russia: A rum -> sev
Russia: A sev -> mos
Russia: A stp -> nwy
Russia: F swe Supports A stp -> nwy

Turkey:
Turkey: F ank -> con
Bounced with bla (1 against 1).
Turkey: A arm -> ank
Failed because Turkey: F ank -> con failed.
Turkey: F con -> smy

Build Orders due Tuesday 11:59 PM EST
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

To assist people with their build/remove plans.

Adjustments:
Austria: 8 supply centers, 6 units. 2 units may be built.
England: 5 supply centers, 4 units. 1 unit may be built.
France : 1 supply center is, 2 units. 1 unit must be removed.
Germany: 6 supply centers, 6 units. No units to build or remove.
Italy: 6 supply centers, 6 units. No units to build or remove.
Russia: 5 supply centers, 6 units. 1 unit must be removed.
Turkey: 3 supply centers, 3 units. No units to build or remove.
Austin

Post by Austin »

Can I remove 1 and build 2?
Your ad here.