2024 Fundraising - $1001 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

Diablo 4

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Zenn7

Re: Diablo 4

Post by Zenn7 »

Just submitted a request to join the guild.

Just added my name to battle.net - not sure what you need? Character name? Rabia, Battlenet ID: Oaklore#1674.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I hit 68 tonight, which unlocked the second capstone dungeon (I thought it was 70), so I ran that, which was surprisingly easy. I hit World Tier 4, and immediately ran a Helltide. I got some XP, and didn't die, but didn't get much loot. Then I decided to hit a Blood Harvest before bed. Holy crap. There were six or eight people chain-summoning the Harvest boss, wiping out the hordes that precede him, and then killing him, then doing it all over again. I joined in for 30 minutes, during which time I advanced my Hunter's reputation by three levels, gained two and a half character levels, picked up about 10 million gold, and filled one completely empty stash tab all the way full with mixed Sacred and Ancestral Legendaries, plus half of another tab, including two uniques. Oh, and I collected about 2,000 Potent Blood.

That was nuts.

And when I sorted through all of those Legendaries, there were only three that fit my build and were enough of an upgrade to matter. I did get some aspects for the stash, though.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Zenn7 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:27 am Just submitted a request to join the guild.

Just added my name to battle.net - not sure what you need? Character name? Rabia, Battlenet ID: Oaklore#1674.
I'll hop on real quick...
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

What guild and how? Is it the wanderers? I am in them on ESO I think..or used to be.

Im not doing well on the seasonal stuff..between trying to collect those fragments and playing the game I only got a little over 300 which got me a bag of money that I didn't need as I have over $2 million. Ive only found 5 of 30 of the next type and none of the 0/1 one. Im not sure how or where I got those 5 at either so cant get more. I think I ran into one of the sacrifice towers or something. The placement of mobs that carry this stuff seems confined to around the main town as out in the further areas Ive seen zero content.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Daehawk wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:22 pm What guild and how? Is it the wanderers? I am in them on ESO I think..or used to be.

Im not doing well on the seasonal stuff..between trying to collect those fragments and playing the game I only got a little over 300 which got me a bag of money that I didn't need as I have over $2 million. Ive only found 5 of 30 of the next type and none of the 0/1 one. Im not sure how or where I got those 5 at either so cant get more. I think I ran into one of the sacrifice towers or something. The placement of mobs that carry this stuff seems confined to around the main town as out in the further areas Ive seen zero content.
Octopus Overlords

You get the highest holiday fragment by finding one of the events where you have to ignite a wagon that melts a set of those holiday things......you have to fight to keep it lit or from the imps putting it out. If you manage to melt/destroy all the things within the timer a holiday boss pops up which is a challenging but soloable fight.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Huh well just after posting I was finding nothing I did a small circle to the right of the capital and encountered 3 husk, a lot goblin, and and got lots of fragments and at least 3 or 4 legendary items. But I went further out into the purple zone to the right of town and walked that entire area and got nothing. Seems to be right against town is my best bet...still no wagon events though..finding regular events it seems'

EDIT: I requested to join the clan. Im not sure if my invite inquiry will show up as Daehawk or Scruffy.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I dont see a way to server hop so stuff respawns like Fallout 76...if I exit the game and rejoin will it reset the mobs outside of town?
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:22 pm What guild and how? Is it the wanderers? I am in them on ESO I think..or used to be.
The clan. I've told you how to join several times now (and I've posted screenshots) - just look for the clan tab in the in-game menu and search for Octopus Overlords. Or just send me a friend request. I posted my battle tag recently. You do it through the battle.net client.

As for the Christmas stuff, I haven't done it, but everything in this game respawns, and fairly quickly. If I see you on and I'm free, I'll join you for it (although I may not be free today, depending on how much work I get done...)
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk, Zenn7 - your applications to the clan were both approved, but it only adds you when you accept again on your end.

It's a weird way of doing it - the process is actually:

Apply to clan
Clan approves application and invites
Accept invite
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ok Ive found an area where those husk towers can spawn and also can find fragments now...but I have yet to see a single red cloak event. Can someone point me in the right direction on the map of where to look for these?
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:57 am Ok Ive found an area where those husk towers can spawn and also can find fragments now...but I have yet to see a single red cloak event. Can someone point me in the right direction on the map of where to look for these?
You have to find the event that has the wagon you can set on fire that will melt a ring of husks (that you can also damage if the fire has reached them), if you can destroy all the husks within the time limit a boss appears. Take him down, and he is no joke, and you get your top tier trade in thing plus some pretty good loot. You just have to ride around to find when they appear. One commonly appears right outside Kyovashaad to the west but it is not given the event will be the burning wagon event
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I've only seen one, but yeah - it was like the random events you find around the world.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

I have been in 5. Only lost once, that was solo after transitioning to Tier 4. In Tier 3 it was a tough fight to solo but I could do it, Tier 4 he beat the hell out of me
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

FWIW, I've heard that if you really want a lot of the resources, you don't take down the last couple of spikes right away. You leave them up until the boss is low on health. That keeps the horde mobs spawning the whole time, and lets you farm them.

I haven't tried that (I'm still not geared up enough to solo him on T4), but it's supposed to be effective.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Would be hard to do with a necro as the pets have a mind of their own.

I got enough for 4 of those trade in coins and got the other girl bag of loot not money. Just junk again. Probably should have bought the drink but Im curious whats in gift bags :)..besides I make a drink that gives me exp.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:28 pm Would be hard to do with a necro as the pets have a mind of their own.

I got enough for 4 of those trade in coins and got the other girl bag of loot not money. Just junk again. Probably should have bought the drink but Im curious whats in gift bags :)..besides I make a drink that gives me exp.
I made it to level 3 at which point the guy sings his song and touching the yule tree grants a pretty nifty boost for a time (unless you die). not sure if I care about the cosmetics
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:28 pm Would be hard to do with a necro as the pets have a mind of their own.

FWIW, a pure summoner necromancer is considered the weakest build for the class right now. It's good for hordes of enemies, but does no meaningful damage to bosses.

Do yourself a favor: Screenshot your build, and then try this. Not forever - just play it for a couple of hours, then switch back. All you'd need to do is switch a few talents around. Try it, see if you're making better progress, and then you can switch back to your old build if you'd like. Nothing lost.

Also, if I see you on, I may be able to get you to World Tier 3 so that you can start gaining meaningful XP and loot again.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Jaddison wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:36 pm

I made it to level 3 at which point the guy sings his song and touching the yule tree grants a pretty nifty boost for a time (unless you die). not sure if I care about the cosmetics
I was looking at them. Some are cool - for some classes. For a druid or barbarian? They're awesome. For my rogue or sorcerer? I can't see myself ever using them.
Torfish

Post by Torfish »

I've been level 100 for awhile now. I wanted to do two more objectives before calling season 2 done. Kill Uber Lilith and complete one tier of the new Abattoir of Zir dungeon, so I can get the new super high-powered Tears of Blood glyph.

It just wasn't happening with my own build of a firewall Sorcerers. Nightmare lvl 73 was the furthest I could go. That's not good enough because the first dungeon level of the Abattoir is 100+. So I looked up the ball of lightning build and decided to ditch my own build. I didn't want to take the time and start a new character, so I took a day to convert my current Sorcerers into the ball of lightning build. It worked wonderfully. I was way more powerful. This morning I took out Uber Lilith for the first time and completed the first dungeon of the Abattoir. Felt great.

I'm probably going to take a break until season 3 comes out. Season 2 was fun for a few weeks. I hope Blizzard builds upon each season instead of ditching everything from the previous season.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Torfish wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:46 am So I looked up the ball of lightning build and decided to ditch my own build. I didn't want to take the time and start a new character, so I took a day to convert my current Sorcerers into the ball of lightning build. It worked wonderfully. I was way more powerful.
And instead of having to worry about all of those pesky buttons, you can concentrate on interesting patterns to run around the boss in!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I noticed something useful: The map areas covered by the holiday event have their usual tan-on-tan fog of war replaced with bright purple. If you're missing areas that need explored, now is a fantastic time to get them.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

hehe I was out in the darkness collecting fragments when a Sorc of ball lightning whizzed past me in the dark...looked like a pinball machine flying past. Everything was dead behind them though. I was left standing in the dark with my bone army wondering where all the mobs went to be replaced with gold and loot on the ground. Bzzzzzzz
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Blackhawk wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:10 pm Daehawk, Zenn7 - your applications to the clan were both approved, but it only adds you when you accept again on your end.

It's a weird way of doing it - the process is actually:

Apply to clan
Clan approves application and invites
Accept invite
This is so that people who dont want to be part of a clan that accepts them can decline.
:D
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ok so now Im having fun with my necro in story mode and a lot of new fun with my low lvl lightning focused sorc just running around doing vampire stuff lol. If my SSD was larger Id have even more games to jump around on.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Right around 76 I started to feel competent in World Tier 4 and could solo the winter event boss again. My resistances are still low but I am again able to plow through content....which makes we wonder what I need to do to be challenged, I guess nightmare dungeons at higher levels.

I did make one funny mistake last night after I was feeling my level 76 oats...jumped in a Kehjistan dungeon trying to get my rep up adn didn't notice it was a 100+ dungeon. Died 3 times quickly and thought I am not as tough as i think.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im 51 and can walk karound outside town without worrying now..I usually dont stop going to where Im going to fight every group that I run into. Just keep walking.

Or riding..I just got a mount. I bought a saddle or something and put it on...but cant find horse inv to look at it or change it or anything...seems I can only ride or not ride the mount...I was hoping for more vanity customization from it on seeing I could buy stuff for the horse.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Daehawk wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:30 pm Im 51 and can walk karound outside town without worrying now..I usually dont stop going to where Im going to fight every group that I run into. Just keep walking.

Or riding..I just got a mount. I bought a saddle or something and put it on...but cant find horse inv to look at it or change it or anything...seems I can only ride or not ride the mount...I was hoping for more vanity customization from it on seeing I could buy stuff for the horse.
Visit the stable master. At 51 in Tier1/2 you are invincible at 51...time for the capstone dungeon and Tier 3 so you can start leveling quickly again
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

And playing my alt sorc..she is pretty fun too. Still getting used to not having any tank pets in front of me. Having to eat potions a lot...lucky they seem to fall as loot all the time. Not like the old days.

I also LOVE being able to reset my points and try a totally different path of skills. Should always be that easy.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Jaddison wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:03 pm
Daehawk wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:30 pm Im 51 and can walk karound outside town without worrying now..I usually dont stop going to where Im going to fight every group that I run into. Just keep walking.

Visit the stable master. At 51 in Tier1/2 you are invincible at 51...time for the capstone dungeon and Tier 3 so you can start leveling quickly again
He hasn't finished the campaign. I'm guessing he's partway into Act IV.

And yeah, the stable master has tabs for tack and trophies for your horse.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I'm level 75 now, and have been on World Tier 4 for a while. I'm having one hell of a time finding gear. I'm currently rocking exactly three pieces of Ancestral armor, and two Ancestral weapons (that have horrible rolls, but I needed the DPS.) World bosses, nightmare dungeons, helltides, whisper caches - nothin'.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I gave up finding anything better on my guys and just use that purple stuff that drops to gamble and get good gear off the oddities merchant. At least my necro can fiind a few things for my new sorc alt.

Is it me or are necro dungeons rare? I see barb and druid ones all over the map.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Blackhawk wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:16 pm I'm level 75 now, and have been on World Tier 4 for a while. I'm having one hell of a time finding gear. I'm currently rocking exactly three pieces of Ancestral armor, and two Ancestral weapons (that have horrible rolls, but I needed the DPS.) World bosses, nightmare dungeons, helltides, whisper caches - nothin'.
My most recent World Boss fight I looked at the three 100s there...their gear was all 925 mostly unique so I don't think you are missing anything. My level 82 Barb hasn't gotten anything above 950 or maybe 925 and I had those a while ago
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

77, and mostly mid-600s. I'm trying to push nightmare dungeons, but I'm starting to hit a wall at NM 40.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Blackhawk wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:41 pm 77, and mostly mid-600s. I'm trying to push nightmare dungeons, but I'm starting to hit a wall at NM 40.
Mid-600s? Are you sure? I am 74 and my lowest gear score is 788
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Jaddison wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:51 pm
Blackhawk wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:41 pm 77, and mostly mid-600s. I'm trying to push nightmare dungeons, but I'm starting to hit a wall at NM 40.
My lowest is a 600, but I've got three others in the 600s and a 710. I've just had terrible luck with drops.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Blackhawk wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:34 pm
My lowest is a 600, but I've got three others in the 600s and a 710. I've just had terrible luck with drops.
Are you still in World Tier 3?
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Jaddison wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:52 pm
Blackhawk wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:34 pm
Are you still in World Tier 3?
Not for a while. I'm just having terrible, terrible luck on the drops. I'm clearing things and getting eight or ten legendaries, but only one will be Ancestral. And very few items have even two good rolls on them.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Like that. Just did a Gathering Legions, pulled it off perfect, got three chests - two sacreds, and two yellows.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Blackhawk wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:59 pm Like that. Just did a Gathering Legions, pulled it off perfect, got three chests - two sacreds, and two yellows.
Did you switch over to Tier 4 after you beat the capstone for 4? You should be getting ancestral gear now. I am thinking you must be playing in 3 for sacred gear to be effective. Until I got ancestrals in Tier 4 I was dying all the time.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Jaddison wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:13 pm
Blackhawk wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:59 pm Like that. Just did a Gathering Legions, pulled it off perfect, got three chests - two sacreds, and two yellows.
Did you switch over to Tier 4 after you beat the capstone for 4? You should be getting ancestral gear now. I am thinking you must be playing in 3 for sacred gear to be effective. Until I got ancestrals in Tier 4 I was dying all the time.
Yes. I'm on 4. I do have Ancestral items, and I'm approaching gearing correctly. I have just had terrible luck. Like I said:
I'm just having terrible, terrible luck on the drops. I'm clearing things and getting eight or ten legendaries, but only one will be Ancestral. And very few items have even two good rolls on them.
If I can find Ancestrals with two good rolls, I am content enchanting for a third. I just need those two good rolls first!