Just bought gas for under $3

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Isgrimnur

Re: Just bought gas for under $3

Post by Isgrimnur »

I'm sure the hoi polloi are all volunteers, subsisting off the trickle down generosity of the idle wealthy that are too good to risk staining their waistcoat by obtaining their own petroleum products. My god, the economic damage in extra spat-cleaning alone would prove ruinous!

:P
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

$3.49.9/gal with the .35 Arco debit card fee here in Northern Cali. Probably 35-40 cents a gallon cheaper than it was last week...
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Octavious wrote:Please they are free. I'm not even sure if they get paid anything. I feel so weird when I have to do it myself. You people are so uncivilized.
Free? :laughing-rolling:

You remnd me of my son who always wants to get something when they have a 2 for 1 sale. Come on daddy, it is free!.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Update time - $2.56 is the lowest price I've seen and is relatively common. It dropped about $0.20 since last week and we've been under $3 since around August is memory serves. Whatever is killing the price of oil, keep it up! It's probably another year before I can afford a new car. :D
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

1.209 yesterday in Drummondville ... lowest I've seen in a very long time.
It's probably still at 1.40+ in Montreal though
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

$3.70 or so on my last fillup Friday. That was mid-grade so 87 would have been around $3.50 I think.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

It dropped to almost $3.50 in suburban Chicago.
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

It was $2.72 around here yesterday. That's fantastic, as I'm just restarting driving my kids to and from school.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

I am in California and I saw $2.99 yesterday.

I heard a radio report yesterday by a guy who said the $2 barrier may fall here. Amazing.
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

We'll let you well before you get that chance. :)

The wife got it for $2.55 with her $0.10 discount at Kroger.
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

$2.97 right by the house in South Denver
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

$2.70 when I filled up Friday.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

$1.10 a litre here ($4.17 a gallon) which is the lowest it's been in a year or so. Gawd we get screwed tax wise here, I'm about ready to throw in the towel on Ontario (and potentially Canada). Not sure where I'd move to yet, need to research that a bit more -- But I've just about had enough of it (My income tax just went across the 50% barrier due to a new, YET RETROACTIVE, tax in Ontario.. WTF).

Anyways my rant is done, I'm still angry though. GET OFF MY LAWN!

:text-threadjacked:
No.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Cheapest local station is at $2.99 if you have their loyalty card or $3.09 for normal people. My last fillup a few weeks ago was $3.29 for 89-octane after my 30-cent rewards card discount. Might break the $3 barrier next month (a tank usually lasts me 4-6 weeks).
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Kraken wrote:Cheapest local station is at $2.99 if you have their loyalty card or $3.09 for normal people. My last fillup a few weeks ago was $3.29 for 89-octane after my 30-cent rewards card discount. Might break the $3 barrier next month (a tank usually lasts me 4-6 weeks).
My example above was the cheap station also with loyalty card. Actually, it was cheaper 2 weeks ago and seems to have gone up 30 cents a gallon in the past week.

I normally get 5-6 days out of a tank, a little better since now I have the long commute instead of my wife, who is a less gas-efficient driver.
Black Lives Matter
Enough

Post by Enough »

We've made it to $2.93 here in Fort Fun.
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
RMC

Post by RMC »

2.89 in Grafton, Ohio. Which is about an hour west of Cleveland.

That is pretty low for us since we have been above 3 bucks a gallon for a while.

But i'll be honest and say, I just fill up the tank when I need it, and don't really look at the price. I have a budget for gas, and I project high, so I always have extra week to week. :)

Plus I only work like 30 miles away, so short drive to work. (Live in the middle of nowhere, so it is 30 miles to anywhere really.)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Jeff V wrote:
Kraken wrote:Cheapest local station is at $2.99 if you have their loyalty card or $3.09 for normal people. My last fillup a few weeks ago was $3.29 for 89-octane after my 30-cent rewards card discount. Might break the $3 barrier next month (a tank usually lasts me 4-6 weeks).
My example above was the cheap station also with loyalty card. Actually, it was cheaper 2 weeks ago and seems to have gone up 30 cents a gallon in the past week.

I normally get 5-6 days out of a tank, a little better since now I have the long commute instead of my wife, who is a less gas-efficient driver.
Really, it has gone up. Our gas has dropped by more than $.30 in the last month and is still dropping. I get about 10 ten days for a tank of gas in my truck.
Black Lives Matter
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

but inflation!
but oil company conspiracy!
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Rip

Post by Rip »

Not to worry you can count on them taxing the price back up.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Why do you hate states' rights, Rip? :P
Since 1993, the U.S. federal gasoline tax has been 18.4¢/gal (4.86¢/L).
Post-state taxes, inclusive of the federal tax above, range from 30.8 in Alaska to 71.3 in California. US (Volume-Weighted) Average is 49.9
Rip

Post by Rip »

Isgrimnur wrote:Why do you hate states' rights, Rip? :P
Since 1993, the U.S. federal gasoline tax has been 18.4¢/gal (4.86¢/L).
Post-state taxes, inclusive of the federal tax above, range from 30.8 in Alaska to 71.3 in California. US (Volume-Weighted) Average is 49.9

Another reason I live where I do. Rubes paying outrageous prices for gasoline makes me giggle.
“A simple democracy is the devil’s own government.”
— Benjamin Rush
--
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

California gas prices are expected to rise between $.70 and $.15 after the start of the year thanks to California's Carbon Trade Laws.
Black Lives Matter
Rip

Post by Rip »

The funny one in the gas tax quagmire is New Jersey. They tax so much for just about everything BUT gas. So what the rub?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

That just gets rolled into the full service cost as the state jobs program. They get it from the state income tax that way.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Isgrimnur wrote:That just gets rolled into the full service cost as the state jobs program. They get it from the state income tax that way.
Ahh, I get it. Taxation by forced job creation. What a progressive concept. :dance:
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Rip wrote:The funny one in the gas tax quagmire is New Jersey. They tax so much for just about everything BUT gas. So what the rub?
No Governor wants to touch it, as we're already taxed nearly to death. Christie won't be the exception, despite the fact that proponents of an increased gas tax want to use the money to repair our crumbling infrastructure. We currently pay 14.5 cents a gallon and the last time it was raised (by like $.02) was 1988 or 89. We're well beyond the point where an increase is needed, but don't expect Christie to touch it - he'll punt it down the road (like Marijuana legislation, Prescription medication tracking and the retirement/pension debacle). And so it goes in NJ politics...

The numbers I've seen reported suggest our tax needs to go up to like $0.45 a gallon in order to balance the budget -- and good luck being the slob that proposes that.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I paid $2.75 for gas yesterday at a station that usually jacks up the prices a few cents because they're right off a major highway. While it's not the totally awesome $1.03 a gallon we were paying 15 years ago, I never thought it would ever dip back down under $3 a gallon.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Saw $2.52 yesterday. I think that is the low point - prices popped up $0.05 today. Not sure why - oil is still quite low.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

The Quick Chek down 517 across from the liquor store tends to be the cheapest in the area or at least near the path of my commute.

I assume you are referencing the Shell right off of 80. I hate them. :)
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

I paid $3.40 yesterday. It's dropping slowly, which means it's about time for another $0.50 jump just for the fuck of it.
Black Lives Matter
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

RunningMn9 wrote:The Quick Chek down 517 across from the liquor store tends to be the cheapest in the area or at least near the path of my commute.

I assume you are referencing the Shell right off of 80. I hate them. :)
Drove past there on the way home but didn't notice the price - they do have the best prices on gas. And yes, the Shell Station right off Rt. 80 where there is now 37 stop lights, new turning lanes and dotted lines.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Smoove_B wrote:And yes, the Shell Station right off Rt. 80 where there is now 37 stop lights, new turning lanes and dotted lines.
I'm shocked at how much of a positive difference the lights have made in terms of getting traffic off of Rt 80, and not creating a panic in me every time I have to make a right and cut across to head down into town. I feel like cars are coming at me from 7 directions. :)
Make up bags of change
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

I loved it like right after I graduated high school gas was like less then a dollar a gallon. I could fill my tank, and get a gas station hot dog and a blow job for like 20 bucks.

Edit for: Joking mostly. I did that quick calculation one day years ago when this chick offered to blow me for like 2 dollars. Although I am sure a two dollar blow job would cost me far more in VD treatments and self respect.
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Jeff V wrote:I paid $3.40 yesterday. It's dropping slowly, which means it's about time for another $0.50 jump just for the fuck of it.
The pump yesterday:

I call bullshit on this sub-$3 gasoline.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

I call bullshit on your $3.60 gasoline. That blows.
Make up bags of change
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

LawBeefaroni wrote:
Jeff V wrote:I paid $3.40 yesterday. It's dropping slowly, which means it's about time for another $0.50 jump just for the fuck of it.
The pump yesterday:

I call bullshit on this sub-$3 gasoline.
Yeah, being in the suburbs means I get easy access to the cheap gas at $3.40 per gallon. Of course, this is at a discount station with a loyalty card (Delta Sonic). It's much worse going to the likes of Shell or Mobile.
Black Lives Matter
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

And I always thought California was the worst place to buy gas. Of course our gas just went back tot he winter formula which is the cheaper I think. Yea, California requires two formulas to be sold here, one in summer and one in winter.
Black Lives Matter
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Scuzz wrote:And I always thought California was the worst place to buy gas. Of course our gas just went back tot he winter formula which is the cheaper I think. Yea, California requires two formulas to be sold here, one in summer and one in winter.
Same here, and when they switch from one blend to the other, that is usually a justification for a massive price increase. California has more inaccessible places than does Illinois and those places tend to have outrageous prices, but Chicago routinely exceeds all of the California metro areas in average price.
Black Lives Matter
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Jeff V wrote: Yeah, being in the suburbs means I get easy access to the cheap gas at $3.40 per gallon. Of course, this is at a discount station with a loyalty card (Delta Sonic). It's much worse going to the likes of Shell or Mobile.
That was at BP for an emergency fill up. Still a cheap station (~ Belmont and Racine), my local speedway is the lowest around is around 5 cents cheaper. But the Shell on LaSalle and Ontario is $3.90 for regular.
Scuzz wrote:And I always thought California was the worst place to buy gas. Of course our gas just went back tot he winter formula which is the cheaper I think. Yea, California requires two formulas to be sold here, one in summer and one in winter.
We have a "warm weather" blend too. Last I saw it adds about $0.10-$0.15 per gallon to the price. Don't know if we're off that yet or not.
RunningMn9 wrote:I call bullshit on your $3.60 gasoline. That blows.
It does indeed; be my guest.

MYT