[2]A Walk in Wolf Woods - Game Over

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

redrun

Re: [2]A Walk in Wolf Woods - Day 1

Post by redrun »

Scoop20906 wrote:After my "almost" win during the Bond game, I am highly insulted that I wasn't the first victim chosen by the baddies. I see I am still not receiving the respect I deserve. :x

Ok, so, Lassr is out. Well, at least I won't have to wonder what the heck he is up to this game. I can never read that guy.

Since we waited so long for this game to start, I'm ready to vote now.

Now, you'd think I'd vote Unagi since he blew the last game or I'd vote Stessier since he was the wolf last game and has it coming or I'd even vote Qantaga because he is most certainly DUE now however, I'm going to go another direction.

Accuse redrun 

My gut says we test him.
-- Are you sure your gut isn't telling you that last night's burrito with anchoives and caramel sauce was a bad idea?
Sufficient I am to the day.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

tru1cy wrote:Can the wolves turn a player and kill in the same night turn?
Good point. Looking at the rulez, I don't see why they can't do both. It all depends on what rolez are in the game which we have no idea. Since they got a kill last night its possible we are looking at 8 baddies right now. 5 wolves, sorcerer, witch, converted wolf. Thats a worse case buts its also creates a target semi-rich environment for today.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

redrun wrote:-- Let's start the discussion: Why Lassr?

redrun 

for stealing my line!

/clears throat

"We really must wonder why Lassr though?"
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Wasn't there a kill-at-night Good Guy too?
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Trapper.
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Wow, Scoop jumps out as evil.

Scoop20906 

Descriptive, introverted, apologetic. "You'd think I'd do this, you'd think I'd do that, I'm going to do this. Awoo!"
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

well we are going to need some serious luck as villagers to win this one. With 5 wolves and the possibility of a convert and 2 evil humans being pulled from our ranks we could be facing 8 evil players right now. Those are pretty tough odds so we need to make our votes count. With this many players its going to be easy for wolves to hide in silence, so Im thinking our best hope is to be vocal and share information as much as possible. Also with that many potential evil players its going to be a lot easier for them to push the votes around. Good Luck fellow villagers, I think were going to need it.
Though I know claims of innocence tend to be viewed as wolf camo, Ill let you know right now, that I am not an evil player. Unfortunately, I have nothing to go on regarding the rest of you right now, except scoops post which seems a touch wolfish with the "I almost won last game singlehandedly with a pointed stick" dodge and the fact that he lays out suspects and then goes out to left field for his vote. Anyway, right now I have a good voting block of exactly one. Lets see if we can improve that a bit.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
theohall

Post by theohall »

Since it's almost baseball season, how is this for left field?

rshetts2 

No real reason. We just have to start somewhere and using the "I know it's wolfie to claim villager, but I will anyway" schtick deserves some kind of attention.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Scoop, why jump to accuse someone who is asking a great question?

I think that you are the one that needs to be checked. But I have learned a lesson, and will not jump on any band wagon of accusing until I have heard everyone out.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

RMC wrote:Scoop, why jump to accuse someone who is asking a great question?

I think that you are the one that needs to be checked. But I have learned a lesson, and will not jump on any band wagon of accusing until I have heard everyone out.
you could be the idiot who jumps on a bandwagon, killing the guy before he gets a chance to respond... :oops:
"Where are you off to?"

msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Stessier 

Mostly because I wanted to shoot him last game, but was convinced he was good.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

rshetts2 wrote:well we are going to need some serious luck as villagers to win this one. With 5 wolves and the possibility of a convert and 2 evil humans being pulled from our ranks we could be facing 8 evil players right now. Those are pretty tough odds so we need to make our votes count. With this many players its going to be easy for wolves to hide in silence, so Im thinking our best hope is to be vocal and share information as much as possible. Also with that many potential evil players its going to be a lot easier for them to push the votes around. Good Luck fellow villagers, I think were going to need it.
Though I know claims of innocence tend to be viewed as wolf camo, Ill let you know right now, that I am not an evil player. Unfortunately, I have nothing to go on regarding the rest of you right now, except scoops post which seems a touch wolfish with the "I almost won last game singlehandedly with a pointed stick" dodge and the fact that he lays out suspects and then goes out to left field for his vote. Anyway, right now I have a good voting block of exactly one. Lets see if we can improve that a bit.
Statistically, I don't buy it. But that may be because I would have been a wolf last game and there were four of us and none had powers.

The question is how useful will powers be when wolves can fake them and when there are potential bad guys in the human group. And how much more powerful will unnamed powers be in wolves hands as time goes by and they can pretend they have those powers more and more unchecked. That's going to hurt the humans considerably.

Which brings us to the always first day question that people despise, do we self out now? Do we not care about roles? Do we try and let people piece roles together at a later date?

Honestly, I like the idea of a selective day 2 outing unless our goal is to wait for useful information to come from the seer and keeping hush about everything else until the seer makes himself known.
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

As I've been out of the loop so long, and I'm not the type to run a spreadsheet on each game, I'm going to refrain from voting initially unless my vote would actually help the day end.

So in other words, for today I'm fine being the last guy to hop on the bandwagon.
I'm special!
redrun

Post by redrun »

Newcastle wrote:

redrun 

for stealing my line!

/clears throat

-- <Raises hand> My name is Redrun and I'm a serial line stealer. <Everyone sez "Hello Redrun">

Why Lassr? I've rarely been in games with him, but it's been my impression that he's one of the analytical sorts who is good at this game, and good at presenting information for other players to use. I also get the impression that he dies early on a regular basis. All this means is that amoung five wolfs we've got at least one experienced player. So, my current best guess is that evil decided to take out someone they considered a powerful player.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Lagom Lite wrote:Descriptive, introverted, apologetic. "You'd think I'd do this, you'd think I'd do that, I'm going to do this. Awoo!"
Are you describing me or yourself, lagom?

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Chaosraven wrote:Trapper.
I misread this and thought the Trapper got a day kill (like a hunter). Ok, so it is possible that the baddies were blocked (by someone, there are alot of possibilities) and the Trapper killed one of the baddies last night too. Since the deceased role is not revealed we won't know which. Alot of what ifs. How useful is that?

Lassr

Re: [2]A Walk in Wolf Woods - Game ON!!!!! Night 0

Post by Lassr »

Lassr wrote:Dang. I keep waking up and it's still dark outside...
:binky: Seems I'm having a very hard time waking up now... :binky:
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

Scoop20906 wrote:
I misread this and thought the Trapper got a day kill (like a hunter). Ok, so it is possible that the baddies were blocked (by someone, there are alot of possibilities) and the Trapper killed one of the baddies last night too. Since the deceased role is not revealed we won't know which. Alot of what ifs. How useful is that?
I can't imagine that one. I'm not super familiar with the roles, but the odds of that happening are like... 1/20 x 1/20 x 1/20. And that's if all of those roles even exist.
I'm special!
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Another Mod question: Do the wolves learn the roles of their kills?
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

tru1cy wrote:Another Mod question: Do the wolves learn the roles of their kills?
No. If there is a Beta wolf then he could find out after the fact though the same way the Human side could find out if there is an Undertaker.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
redrun

Post by redrun »

-- I don't think so, as the wolves only get one attack a night and "Alpha Wolf – His lycanthropy is contagious. If someone survives being bitten by him they will become a werewolf themselves the following night."

Still, any good excuse to type the following:

REMUS 

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

redrun wrote:
-- I don't think so, as the wolves only get one attack a night and "Alpha Wolf – His lycanthropy is contagious. If someone survives being bitten by him they will become a werewolf themselves the following night."

Still, any good excuse to type the following:

REMUS 

Converting would replace the night kill.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

rshetts2 wrote:well we are going to need some serious luck as villagers to win this one. With 5 wolves and the possibility of a convert and 2 evil humans being pulled from our ranks we could be facing 8 evil players right now. Those are pretty tough odds so we need to make our votes count. With this many players its going to be easy for wolves to hide in silence, so Im thinking our best hope is to be vocal and share information as much as possible. Also with that many potential evil players its going to be a lot easier for them to push the votes around. Good Luck fellow villagers, I think were going to need it.
Hey rhetts2. I was simply having fun with the fact that if people (or at least one person) had listened to me we would have won last game. Still, I think everyone should be viewed with suspicion at this given how many players could be evil at this point so you aren't on my "good" list. And, if you think I am a baddie then please feel free to put your vote on me. I will do the same for you.

That being said, my vote for redrun was simply to get the game rolling and to force people to post and place votes. I agree with you that with 19 players there is a ton of space for a silent wolf to hide. We should force anyone who is not active to get involved or face a bandwagon. It might not net a baddie today but it will give something to study later in the game.

Stessier was the final baddie in the Bond game and he was so damn careful with his posts that it made it difficult on the final day for me to convince Unagi he was the one. I want to push everyone to take a side on votes and post so we have something to work with when we make it to the final day.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

RMC wrote:Scoop, why jump to accuse someone who is asking a great question?

RMC, last game you proved you are not a noob so I'm giving you no benefit of the doubt going forward. I'd love to test you right now but I'm going to watch you for a bit and see how you act cause an "act" is exactly what you pulled last game and I'm watching for it.

redrun

Post by redrun »

Scoop20906 wrote:That being said, my vote for redrun was simply to get the game rolling and to force people to post and place votes.
-- Damn. So I'm not the most evil thing since unsliced bread? Rats.

Then again, I'd rather vote for a wolf.  El Guapo 

El Guapo means "The Wolf", right?
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Scoop20906 wrote:I was simply having fun with the fact that if people (or at least one person) had listened to me we would have won last game.
We did win the last game. And the game before that. And the game before that. My memory gets hazy as to which games were won before that because it's been a long damned time but really, we almost never lose.

Go Team MiB! Go team Tru1cy! Go team Blade Runner! And soon it will be go team Humans! And I can think of at least one other player whom is probably human because he vowed I would die first when he came to the realization of how the winning side always chooses me to play for them.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

redrun wrote:
Newcastle wrote:

redrun 

for stealing my line!

/clears throat

-- <Raises hand> My name is Redrun and I'm a serial line stealer. <Everyone sez "Hello Redrun">

Why Lassr? I've rarely been in games with him, but it's been my impression that he's one of the analytical sorts who is good at this game, and good at presenting information for other players to use. I also get the impression that he dies early on a regular basis. All this means is that amoung five wolfs we've got at least one experienced player. So, my current best guess is that evil decided to take out someone they considered a powerful player.
I agree with you but just having at least one experienced player doesn't mean the rest aren't inexperienced players. I wouldn't be surprised if the baddies are mix.

Still, you've been pretty active, haven't you? And that's not what I expected from you when I placed my vote.

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

ChrisGrenard wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:
I can't imagine that one. I'm not super familiar with the roles, but the odds of that happening are like... 1/20 x 1/20 x 1/20. And that's if all of those roles even exist.
i doubt a Trapper would indicriminately kill on Night One, but was pointing out the possibility to a couple people who were wondering about Kill Plus Convert. If two people died, it would prove a Trapper existed and no protection worked. In the situation we have here (one kill), there are numerous possibilities and probabilities. Lassr was likely not the Coward, not Protected, etc. Occams Razor is that he was targeted to be killed and died. With confirmation from Remus that convert and kill are replacement effects, we should believe there is no Conversion Wolf, unless Trapper decided to kill Lassr.
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

LordMortis wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:I was simply having fun with the fact that if people (or at least one person) had listened to me we would have won last game.
We did win the last game. And the game before that. And the game before that. My memory gets hazy as to which games were won before that because it's been a long damned time but really, we almost never lose.

Go Team MiB! Go team Tru1cy! Go team Blade Runner! And soon it will be go team Humans! And I can think of at least one other player whom is probably human because he vowed I would die first when he came to the realization of how the winning side always chooses me to play for them.
perhaps you misunderstood me. I complained that in a game with conversion, you and Remus snuggle up right away and leave me out in the cold. Bastards.
"Where are you off to?"

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

ChrisGrenard wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:
I'm not good with odds but yeah that scenario is unlikely.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

redrun wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:That being said, my vote for redrun was simply to get the game rolling and to force people to post and place votes.
-- Damn. So I'm not the most evil thing since unsliced bread? Rats.

Then again, I'd rather vote for a wolf.  El Guapo 

El Guapo means "The Wolf", right?
You want me to think you are evil?

Sounds like a zerker strategy.

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Chaosraven wrote:perhaps you misunderstood me. I complained that in a game with conversion, you and Remus snuggle up right away and leave me out in the cold. Bastards.
There was no snuggling. It was vindictive. If was going down, I was going to take him with me. I'm a dick like that.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I snuggled with newcastle. But that was because he happened to be peeking at the time.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

LordMortis wrote:

Thats interesting. I wonder who you are trying to contact.

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Scoop20906 wrote:Thats interesting. I wonder who you are trying to contact.
Someone who's playing. :ninja: Why do you wonder?
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

LordMortis wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:Thats interesting. I wonder who you are trying to contact.
Someone who's playing. :ninja: Why do you wonder?
At look at the possible roles points to you could be one of theses two...
# Gamma Wolf – Something tugs at his mind. He knows there is a presence out there just beyond his sight. Each night he searches for the source of that presence by scanning a player. If he scans the Sorcerer the Sorcerer will be given access to the wolf forum. If he scans the Seer the Seer will learn the identity of the Gamma wolf in place of his own scan. His scan will show only Sorcerer or Not Sorcerer.

# Sorcerer – Evil Human. He thinks he can control the lycanthropic fury around him and thus increase his own power. In order to protect what he views as his future power he searches for those that would oppose it. Each night he may scan one player. The results of his scan will show only Seer or Not Seer.
Of course you could just say, if I was a baddie, why would I expose myself like this? Correct?

tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

time to start poking the quiet

grundbegriff 

*yes I see the irony
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
redrun

Post by redrun »

Scoop20906 wrote:
redrun wrote:Why Lassr? I've rarely been in games with him, but it's been my impression that he's one of the analytical sorts who is good at this game, and good at presenting information for other players to use. I also get the impression that he dies early on a regular basis. All this means is that amoung five wolfs we've got at least one experienced player. So, my current best guess is that evil decided to take out someone they considered a powerful player.
I agree with you but just having at least one experienced player doesn't mean the rest aren't inexperienced players. I wouldn't be surprised if the baddies are mix.

Still, you've been pretty active, haven't you? And that's not what I expected from you when I placed my vote.
-- I think your first sentence should start "I agree with you that having at least one experienced player doesn't..." I was pretty careful to state that all I was concluding is that amoung five wolves there was at least one experienced player.

-- Yeah, I'm active today. Do you have any idea how many game threads I've read in the past six months without being able to post? Just....watching.... as people fail to do the things that I knew needed to be done. Why, sometimes I was actually right... just think of what it would have meant if folks had followed my advice when it turned out to be right.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

tru1cy wrote:time to start poking the quiet

grundbegriff 

*yes I see the irony
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

tru1cy wrote:time to start poking the quiet

grundbegriff 

*yes I see the irony
i think I just peed myself
"Where are you off to?"