2024 Fundraising - $1102 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

Werewolf! The Original

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Is this the face of a liar?

tgb

Post by tgb »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:Is this the face of a liar?

You see? He reveals himself in animal form! Truly the sign of the beast. ralph-wiggum is accursed, and must be hung without delay.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Padre

Post by Padre »

To reiterate, please put your actual votes in bold, to avoid ambiguity.

On this basis, I'm currently only counting tgb as having voted.

You may change your vote at any time (again, put your new vote in bold) - up until the person is actually lynched, that is.
Smutly

Post by Smutly »

AHHHH!! WHAT TO DO?? WHAT TO DO???
CGMark

Post by CGMark »

TGB, I agree. It must Wiggum. Where were you last night anyways, wiggum?
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Ack! You guys are going to kill an innocent man (and by man, I mean human - not werewolf). tgb is the obvious werewolf. I change my vote from Yankeeman since tgb's insistance obviously implicates him.

Last night/this morning, I got a message from the seer. I can't reveal his name as the werewolf's will kill him, but this is what he wrote:
seer wrote:I have had dreams. You were in them. You're a filthy, naughty boy. But you're not a werewolf.

I'm the seer. I know you're clean. We need to make sure we're not eliminated this round, and also vote for different people so nobody thinks we're working together. Next round I'll know another 'clean' person hopefully, and then the three of us can begin to throw our weight around.
The seer could be lying to me, but then I would know that he's lying and this realize that he's a werewolf. So I believe him. All I know is that I'm not a werewolf and that tgb must be (either that or he's just mean).
Trent Steel

Post by Trent Steel »

Can this be taken a step further and have it so Kelric is banned as well?
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Trent Steel wrote:Can this be taken a step further and have it so Kelric is banned as well?
You're thinking to small. How about really torn apart by werewolves? Now that would be cool!
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

Alas, poor Kelric, I knew ye not at all. I say, I saw Crux sniffing the poor boy's body suspiciously this morning. Humans don't look for scents but werewolves do!!
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
CGMark

Post by CGMark »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:Ack! You guys are going to kill an innocent man (and by man, I mean human - not werewolf). tgb is the obvious werewolf. I change my vote from Yankeeman since tgb's insistance obviously implicates him.

Last night/this morning, I got a message from the seer. I can't reveal his name as the werewolf's will kill him, but this is what he wrote:
seer wrote:I have had dreams. You were in them. You're a filthy, naughty boy. But you're not a werewolf.

I'm the seer. I know you're clean. We need to make sure we're not eliminated this round, and also vote for different people so nobody thinks we're working together. Next round I'll know another 'clean' person hopefully, and then the three of us can begin to throw our weight around.
The seer could be lying to me, but then I would know that he's lying and this realize that he's a werewolf. So I believe him. All I know is that I'm not a werewolf and that tgb must be (either that or he's just mean).
Hmmm....the seer could be lieing about actually being the seer, and just trying to look for werewolves. or you could be lieing as well. Why would the seer only contact you? hmmm
Crux

Post by Crux »

Well the seer can only ask one per night. So he only knows one non-werewolf today. if he sent pms to everyone, the wws woulsd know who he is and kill him.

I reckon RW is telling the truth.

I vote for tgb. I can't bold from my phone though.
If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit - Mitch Hedberg
Asharak

Post by Asharak »

You are having way too much fun with that phone, mister.

- Ash
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

I don't know about Werewolves, but I know for a fact that Crux is, in fact, a man in a monkey suit.

Seer pm'd me with that info. I wouldn't make this kind of thing up either.
Smutly

Post by Smutly »

Didn't Ralph-Wiggum's teacher molest him? He's obviously disturbed.

Ralph-Wiggum must die.
CGMark

Post by CGMark »

Hmmm, its still early in the day. I feel safe for a bit. I will have to wit to make my decision, I think.
Padre

Post by Padre »

VOTES SO FAR

tgb - Ralph-Wiggum
CGMark - Ralph-Wiggum
Ralph-Wiggum - tgb
smutly - Ralph-Wiggum
setaside - no vote yet
Crux - tgb
gbasden - Ralph-Wiggum
Yankeeman84 - no vote yet
Suitably Ironic Moniker - Crux

---

Remember you vote can be changed at any time, but as soon as I see a majority (five) in favour of a lynching, it happens.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

CGMark wrote:
Hmmm....the seer could be lieing about actually being the seer, and just trying to look for werewolves. or you could be lieing as well. Why would the seer only contact you? hmmm
You think I'm clever enough to write-out a fake PM? You forget who I am. :lol:

edit: Plus, if I was a werewolf YM would already be dead. :wink:
CGMark

Post by CGMark »

it does worry me that some people have been VERY silent.......
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Well, if I were a werewolf, I'd be as noisy as possible to deflect suspicion, possibly by posting that some people have been very silent. Hey, wait a minute :shock: !
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Very convienient that Ralph-Wiggum just happens to have a PM from the seer when accused. I think he's lying. Hang him up!
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Gah. Here is my proof - screen captures of the PM's (with the seer's name blacked out):

Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

And you'll notice that I didn't post until around 9:30 this morning (I woke up at 9:00). So I obviously wasn't sending PM's to myself at 7:00 AM.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

This is nifty.

Wish I had thought to join.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Crux

Post by Crux »

Of course Ralph is defending himself... he's been accused. And by whom? Remember the werewolves know who each other are... and now with Ralph being identified by the Seer they're going to try and get us to kill him ourselves so they don't have to.

If you think it through, the Seer is going to be absolutely silent in this thread except to vote if he has a half a brain in his head (and I hope he does). The last thing he'll want to do is draw attention to himself. Be more suspicious of people who are making accusations and aren't easily swayed. Like tgb for example. Vote Ralph off and I'll probably get killed tonight for defending him.

I've said my piece and now I'm probably a target too :P
If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit - Mitch Hedberg
CGMark

Post by CGMark »

Alright. you have convinced me.

Ralph Wiggum for lynching. My god save our souls..:)
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

CGMark wrote:Alright. you have convinced me.

Ralph Wiggum for lynching. My god save our souls..:)
Wha??? I've convinced you to kill me by presenting evidence that I shouldn't be killed?

This is like the time in 11th grade where we had a debate for and against the death penalty. Ten people on each side of the argument and 12 people making the decision supposedly based on who made the better arguement and more researched case.

I was in the anti-death penalty side. We had tons of facts and figures and studies supporting our cause. We talked about how there could be alternatives (i.e. life in prison without parole). We showed examples where the wrong person had been put to death. We showed that minorities were more likely to be put to death than whites for similar crimes. We pointed out that the murder rate did not decrease when the death penalty was legalized as pro-death penalty people hoped.

The pro-death penalty side's only argument was that if someone killed your family member, you'd want the murderer to die.

The 12 people voted that the pro-death penalty group won because they had the better argument and had a more researched case.

It's like 11th grade all over again. I've failed miserably. :(
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Regardless of what is to happen to me, I will stick by my vote.
tgb

Post by tgb »

I have no reason to suspect anyone else at this point. I still st and behind my original post.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

It's great to see everyone stabbing each other in the back here, in a game, instead of in Meta. Image

(Padre: I call a spot in the next round.)
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Well, I guess it's not looking good for me. Why everyone believes that I am a werewolf when I'm the only person with demonstrable proof that I'm not one is beyond me.

I ask only this as my last request - if I die today, make sure to kill tgb tomorrow. I'm 96.764% sure he's one of the infected. Seriously, just look at him.

Is it that hard to imagine him looking like this at night?

Image*

*not an actual photograph.
Cesare

Post by Cesare »

ya, dibs on next round.
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:Well, I guess it's not looking good for me. Why everyone believes that I am a werewolf when I'm the only person with demonstrable proof that I'm not one is beyond me.

I ask only this as my last request - if I die today, make sure to kill tgb tomorrow. I'm 96.764% sure he's one of the infected. Seriously, just look at him.

snip.
I doubt that werewolves would wish to take up such a dangerous habit such as smoking. I mean, they light up a stogie after a nice kill, one stray ember, and WHOOSH, pink werewolf. On the other hand, he may shave his head bald so as to throw us off the track by thinking that there's no way a bald man could grow that much hair. R-W may have a point.
tgb

Post by tgb »

Nice try at mis-direction. Everyone knows werewolves are allergic to chocolate martinis. Further proof that you are the foul beast.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

<Kelric's ghost>I'll claim a next round spot.... </Kelric's ghost>
CGMark

Post by CGMark »

alright. I will change my vote to TGB, that should even things out a bit, and save ralph another night.

But i am still leery..:)
Suitably Ironic Moniker

I'm changing my vote to tgb.
CSL

Post by CSL »

I'm in for the next game/round.
tgb

Post by tgb »

Wait. I quote the One True Seer Warren Zevon:
I saw Ralph-wiggum with a Chinese menu in his hand,
Walking through the streets of Soho in the rain.
He was looking for the place called Lee Ho Fook's,
Going to get a big dish of beef chow mein.
Ahhwooooo... Werewolves of London, Ahwooooo!

You hear him howling around your kitchen door,
You better not let him in.
Little old lady got mutilated late last night,
Werewolves of London again.
Ahhwooooo... Werewolves of London, Ahwooooo! Huh!

He's the hairy handed gent who ran amuck in Kent,
Lately he's been overheard in Mayfair.
You better stay away from him,
He'll rip your lungs out, Jim,
Huh! I'd like to meet his tailor.

Well, I saw Lon Chaney walking with the Queen,
Doing the Werewolves of London.
I saw Lon Chaney, Jr. walking with the Queen,
Doing the Werewolves of London.
I saw Ralph-wiggum drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's,
And his hair was perfect.
Ahhwooooo... Werewolves of London, Huh! Draw blood!
Ahhwooooo... Werewolves of London...
Kael

Post by Kael »

I think killing Kelric is just werewolf for "hello, thanks for inviting us into your neighborhood, would you like a copy of the watchtower?"
Creator of the Civ4 Fall from Heaven II fantasy mod for Civilization IV
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Where the f*ck is setaside? Shopping for dog collars?