2024 Fundraising - $1192 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

Divine Relics - Stessier has the clap - Day 7

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

stessier

Post by stessier »

Scoop20906 wrote:
stessier wrote:Hmmm.

What do people think of this. There were 2 votes for Scoop (stessier, Lassr) which pr0ner and Newcastle saw. Scoop is still alive, the game is not over. Therefore, at least 1 of {pr0ner,Newcastle} must be Good and at least 1 of {Scoop,Lassr} must be evil.

Further, Lassr put the second vote on Scoop and said he would check back in the morning. Brothers, the second vote can be a death sentence if you choose wrong! Two brothers on a third Brother will let Evil gang up and win! Lassr has played (heck run) these games enough to know this. He knew I was a Good Guy, yet he seemed unconcerned with leaving the potentially killer vote on overnight.

There is only one explanation...Lassr is Evil!
Hmm, both pr0ner and newcastle had a chance to drop the kill vote on me and both posted after Lassr's second vote. By this logic Lassr and myself are the evil ones.

But, i'm good so why did they miss their chance to win the game?
No, the total needed for Ring Tossing is 4. If Scoop & Lassr are good, then Newcastle and pr0ner could have ended the game by rushing to the Scoop vote once it hit 2. They didn't, hence, at least one has to be good. If at least one of them is good, then at least one of {Lassr, Scoop} has to be bad. (Incidentally, the only reason this analysis works is because one of the untrusted joined the vote with a Trusted, everyone had a chance to see the vote, and no one died. You can't conclude anything from the vote against pr0ner...at least not by the numbers...I find the reaction telling, but that is just me.)
stessier

Post by stessier »

More things I am thinking about:

As Grund said, no self respecting Demon would act the way Scoop did. If you believe that, then the Bad Guy has to be Lassr.

Remus went to his death sure that Lassr was Evil and was just looking for the other one. Scoop's actions convinced Remus it was Scoop at the last minute, but I'm not sure I trust the last minute analysis as much as the long held belief.

I've actually had Lassr as Evil since March 6. Thirteen days and my belief in that one hasn't changed. (Oh, and the Evil ones must have seen my lists since Chaos would have been passing them along, so I copied them below).

So I am now convinced Lassr is Evil.

As for the other Demon, if I believe no self respecting Demon would act as Scoop did, then I have to conclude the same about Newcastle. That means pr0ner is the last one. That fits nicely with my problem with his game play. I thought either he was staying active as a Redshirt to shed his legacy (in which case he should have become more vocal once all the Specials were out), or he was a Demon. I now choose Demon.

So, can everyone agree with Lassr/pr0ner?

I'd prefer Lassr today.

What do people think?

-----

Lists Evil must have seen...please no laughing:
stessier wrote:Okay, I think we need another list. These are my best guesses to date.

RIP
4. Tru1cy - Priest, likely Simple

100 % Trusted
3. Stessier - Mason
15. Unagi - Sword of Elhud

90% Trusted
5. Chaosraven - Mason

75% Trusted - Real Good Feeling
1. Grundbegriff - Unconverted Courier Scepter
10. Revhempus71 - Writ of Twofold ?

60% Trusted - Leaning Good
2. Remus West - Simple Priest ?
8. Kraegor - ?
11. Pr0ner - Rind of Gad ?
14. Newcastle - Simple Priest ?

40% Trusted - Leaning Evil
9. Sean, Minister of KtSP -
12. Zurai - ?
13. Scoop - Simple Priest ?
16. Bakhtosh - ?

Burn, Baby, Burn
7. Triggercut - Judas ?
6. Lassr - Evil
stessier wrote:Whelp, that list didn't last long. Good to know you were pure of heart Bakhtosh!!! Here's the NEW & IMPROVED version. Let's see if it makes it through the Day unchanged. :wink:

RIP
16. Bakhtosh - Priest, Staff Bearer???

100 % Trusted
3. Stessier - Mason

90% Trusted
5. Chaosraven - Mason

10. Revhempus71 - Writ of Twofold ?

8. Kraegor - ?

9. Sean, Minister of KtSP -
12. Zurai - ?

Burn, Baby, Burn
7. Triggercut - Judas ?
6. Lassr - Evil
stessier wrote:Divine, my lists stink. And it didn't even last the day. So time to replace OLD & INFERIOR with NEW & IMPROVED with even more INSANITY.

RIP
16. Bakhtosh - Priest, Staff Bearer???

100 % Trusted
3. Stessier - Mason

90% Trusted
5. Chaosraven - Mason

9. Sean, Minister of KtSP - Writ of Twofold

8. Kraegor - ?
10. Revhempus71 -

12. Zurai - ?

Burn, Baby, Burn
7. Triggercut - Judas ?
6. Lassr - Evil
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

stessier wrote:Hmmm.

What do people think of this. There were 2 votes for Scoop (stessier, Lassr) which pr0ner and Newcastle saw. Scoop is still alive, the game is not over. Therefore, at least 1 of {pr0ner,Newcastle} must be Good and at least 1 of {Scoop,Lassr} must be evil.
Duh! I've been saying this all along.
Scoop is evil and then pr0ner or Newcastle.

I didn't think I'd get 2 votes over night, that would mean one demon voted for his brother to kill him.

If you're basing your decision off Grund and Remus then you haven't been paying close attention.
Grund-Unagi is a Demon.
Remus -Remuscide last game.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Scoop20906 wrote:This is the situation I feared the most.

We are down to one more kill and I am still alive.

I was SAY with COMPLETE CONVICTION that I am a priest and if you vote for me tomorrow, we will LOSE!

Beyond that I am completely lost. Rev dying as a priest has broken my will again. I just can't figure you people out.
What about me? This whole game you've been accusing me but toward the end now you are confused after RevHempus was not a demon.

I know this may encourage you to jump on the vote for me after stessier has now turned on me but I'm hoping the remaining priests will take a hard look at you.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Scoop20906 wrote:HEY DEMONS!!

Come on... Come on! Do it! Do it! Come on. Come on! Kill me! I'm here! Kill me! I'm here! Kill me! Come on! Kill me! I'm here! Come on! Do it now! Kill me!
So what was your point here?

If you were not a demon, there is no way in hell they would take out an unknown at night. But you knew that.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Lassr wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Remus West wrote:I am not asking him to do so, but who thinks Grund should post a strat guide? Why? I will honestly tell you that I do not want him to. I will be willing to share the why later.
Are you folks at least thinking about this. Chaosraven's little promter there bugs me so I want folks to think about it.
Duely noted and probably not a bad idea to reinforce the post considering short memory types like me.

So, Remus, now that it seems we can move on your from "Indecent Offer", what do you think of Lassr and his Grund bandwagon fishing expedition over his last few posts.

If people would like me to link to the posts, let me know. (No Lassr, you typed them, you know.)
:?

My Grund bandwagon fishing expedition?
Here you are trying to pin some Grund bandwagon on me that I never did. I was asking Grund to explain his vote on Unagi.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Lassr wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:
Lassr - Lassr has left me a bit nervous this game. Its mostly a gut feeling with him as I feel he has been not made a vote and seems to be playing very carefully. His defense of Unagi (if in fact Unagi is Legion) needs to be remembered.
Scoop20906 talking about Unagi wrote: Both Lassr and myself have given it a try and frankly so far neither he or myself have found a solid clue.
This has bothered me.

He votes for me early because of the bad parent (playing I thought) then leaves the vote on. Then makes that first post above then later agrees with me. It's like he tried to start a vote on me early then add a little fuel to the fire. It goes no where so he backs off and agrees with me but the vote is still there, and using the triggercut principle, I know that votes is not helping the good guys.

Right now
Scoop8675309 you seemed confused and wishy washy so that's where I'm putting my vote for now.
This is where I first started suspecting Scoop.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:There's one player I trust. Everything else is guessing.
You really trust me, Chaos? :cry: Finally, someone does.
Trying to find any interaction by Scoop and Chaos.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

too many sql errors right now. Taking a break.

Black Lives Matter
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

stessier wrote:So, can everyone agree with Lassr/pr0ner?

I'd prefer Lassr today.

What do people think?
Lassr is a potential.

Me? You're still totally wrong on.

Newcastle was at the top of my list when we had 5 unknowns. He still remains there. Those massive tomes attempting to prove Rev as demon being entirely wrong help cement the point even further.
Hodor.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

The last ditch full court press of a demon is taking place. Lassr is going all out now.

Lassr
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Scoop20906 wrote:The last ditch full court press of a demon is taking place. Lassr is going all out now.

Lassr
Ah, the old scoop is back. Yes, let's end this now. I'm wore out.

Black Lives Matter
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Lassr wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:The last ditch full court press of a demon is taking place. Lassr is going all out now.

Lassr
I never went anywhere. LOL

Seriously, that was like 5 posts in a row trying to color me Demon. SMEAR CAMPAIGN (that was for Unagi and Newcastle) :lol:

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Votes:
Lassr - Scoop20906
Newcastle
pr0ner - Newcastle
Scoop20906 - Lassr
stessier
Zurai

Vote Totals:
Scoop20906 = 1 vote
Newcastle = 1 vote
Lassr = 1 vote

Votes not registered:
Newcastle, stessier, Zurai

Majority is 4 votes.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Remus was innocent. He thought Lassr was guilty. It was his dying wish to test him.

Rev was innocent. He thought pr0ner was guilty.

I think Lassr and pr0ner are our two demons. Kudos to you two guys. You have held on real well here at the end of the game. If Kraegor hadn't scanned Chaos, I think the game would already be over. We dodged a bullet there but the gun is still firmly pointed at our temples.

Zurai, are you still reading the thread?

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Lassr wrote:

Lassr

Seriously, that was like 5 posts in a row trying to color me Demon. SMEAR CAMPAIGN (that was for Unagi and Newcastle) :lol:
I was just looking for the quotes that I had notes on. All those led me to believe you were a demon. They were all early in the game so I brought them back up. After that I was trying to find anything Chaos may have said about you but the forum would not cooperate.

Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

Lassr
That was my first thought too.

Zurai, Newcastle...what do you think?

Zurai, not that I'm gun shy, but just know that if you join a vote and you're wrong, the game could be over. No pressure. :)
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

stessier wrote:You know, I spent most of the time talking to myself in that forum. Chaos pretty much didn't do anything. Just little pokes and prods to show he was playing. Fascinating. (Final post total when he died: stessier-305, Chaos-245)

So this is a summary of Chaos' views. My views are not included except where noted. Some of the stuff is ridiculous based on current knowledge, but I included it all because he has been Cretan from the start and I thought someone might see a trend I am missing.
  • Kraegor - Evil? Seems more evil when he isn't.
  • Zurai - Chaos tried to descontruct the Random Roll that ended up on Trig to prove Zurai was evil. Asked why Lassr would roll a 12 (Zurai's number) but list Grund on his list.
  • Sean - Doubt Cretan/Legion/or Balaam
  • Unagi - You've already seen the interesting stuff
  • Bakhtosh - Chaos listed all his posts and I developed my Staff Bearer theory from them. He never commented.
  • Tru1cy - No comments
  • Lassr - Helpful. Rarely leads hund for Bad guys.
  • RevHempus71 - Relic Bearer? Gives an example of how he would play in Magic and relates it to current play. If evil, he's Cretan or Legion.
  • Newcastle - Ring Bearer? Balaam or Ring Bearer.
  • Remus - Judas? Stupid play as Converter or Anti-Seer. Must be evil. Missing stuff, odd behavior. Remus likely not Balaam or Legion.
  • Trig - Tossed around a lot of possibilities. Saw Trig as Judas before Trig or Grund were out.
  • pr0ner - Very active...always indicates some type of Special.
  • Scoop - Seems to know power of Writ. Swordbearer (comments on Kraegor's flashlight - flashlight = lightsaber = sword)
  • Balaam - Pushed theory that Balaam is laying low.
But the list is a list, so I'm quoting it. Let the :binky:'s burn me in effigy in Heaven if they disagree. :) This was the only list he posted and was before all of the fun on Day 1.
chaosraven wrote:Red - current Paranoid theory
Blue - playing JUST LIKE they do when Normal
Brown - alternate Paranoid theory
Others haven't set off bells in my addled mind just yet

1. Grundbegriff - playing ODD - stayed quiet, no stratguide, no Day One vote and Pull? says the vote will STAY???
2. Remus West - check my theory above

3. Stessier - MASON
4. Tru1cy - playing his standard, but did that as Berserker and nearly got away with it. Dangerous
5. Chaosraven - MASON
6. Lassr - remember how I told you Lassr plays? If he's cautious there a good chance he's bad...
7. Triggercut - check my theory above
8. Kraegor - couldn't remember the name and then DOES, possible math error?
9. Sean, Minister of KtSP - sean will undoubtedly fixate with Myself and Remus, like RevH did his first game. he knows us.
10. Revhempus71 - be careful, revH prefers to play Blue in Magic the Gathering, sneaky bastard. Is actually more dangerous face-to-face in games when he IS stoned.
11. Pr0ner - very standard play for him. If bad, has controlled his tells well so far.
12. Zurai - zurai is being much more quiet than I remember him. But may be holding back for Good or Bad reasons (possible RelicBearer/Possible BadGuy)
13. Scoop - was steadfastly IGNORING this game... what drew him out of his slumber?
14. Newcastle - Too quiet for my tastes, but the last time he did that he was an Unpowered Innocent (i.e. bored since he had no info).
15. Unagi - I'd imagine (as noted above in the Grund/Remus theory) he is either the Seer, faking the Seer, or a Bad Guy that just got CAUGHT faking by the Seer (which would then be Grund as contrast to the Grund/Remus theory)
16. Bakhtosh - pops in and out but is RL New Dad, watch voting
record
Found your list. Just to see what Chaos said about Scoop. Nothing much.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Lassr
of course this is where I should flip out and start throwing my votes around everywhere and try to appear to get myself lynched but unfortunately if that happened then it would be Game Over.

Black Lives Matter
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Lassr wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:
Lassr wrote:

Lassr

I was just looking for the quotes that I had notes on. All those led me to believe you were a demon. They were all early in the game so I brought them back up. After that I was trying to find anything Chaos may have said about you but the forum would not cooperate.
Please let me know when you find something. :)

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

stessier wrote:

Lassr

Zurai, not that I'm gun shy, but just know that if you join a vote and you're wrong, the game could be over. No pressure. :)
Speaking of Zurai...did we ever determine that he was 100% trusted?
I know if Bakhtosh was the bracers holder then Zurai could mimic it but that would mean tru1cy went to the grave as the staff of wise holder (which is possible, it has happened in previous games).

I had to bring it up becomes it bothers me that he's very quiet and not popping in here to help. Last post was about pr0ner being to quiet and not helping the village...odd.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Lassr wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:
Lassr wrote:

Lassr

Please let me know when you find something. :)
Well, not much in the late game except those few quotes above. You seemed to have changed tactics after you flipped out. It worked, you've cruised right to the end of the game and about to win, it seems.

Black Lives Matter
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Lassr wrote:

Lassr
of course this is where I should flip out and start throwing my votes around everywhere and try to appear to get myself lynched but unfortunately if that happened then it would be Game Over.
Lassr, I always appreciate it when you TRY to be humorous. LOL.

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

talking outloud here

what bugged me last night was that he would leave his vote on a player at 2 overnight...at this stage of the game. Why would he do that? Seems kind of careless.... and right now it sounds as if he is scrambling. take that into account he is a pretty solid player overall (when good), he probably wouldn't do such a thing. Also take into account that I think he was played a very middle of the road game, and not taken too many chances, it's almost as if he was just rolling with the flow of the game. Also his analysis is lacking meat.

thinking, thinking...let me look at a few things in the thread here. I dont want us to be hasty with this since it's our last potential vote, if we are right, then we are on to the final day....if we are wrong...game over. But right now am inclined to vote for him.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Lassr wrote: Speaking of Zurai...did we ever determine that he was 100% trusted?
I know if Bakhtosh was the bracers holder then Zurai could mimic it but that would mean tru1cy went to the grave as the staff of wise holder (which is possible, it has happened in previous games).
Yep, that sums it up. To trust Zurai, you have to believe tru1cy wouldn't have gone to the Ring without saying something.

I trust him. If the Demons pulled off that Fakery, kudos!
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Lassr wrote:
stessier wrote:

Lassr

Speaking of Zurai...did we ever determine that he was 100% trusted?

I had to bring it up becomes it bothers me that he's very quiet and not popping in here to help. Last post was about pr0ner being to quiet and not helping the village...odd.
Lassr, this is a valid point. This has been bugging me as well for the last two days but I didn't bring it up. Frankly, if thats the case and Zurai is faking the role, the game is over. At this point, we have to go with the percentages and tru1cy had more than enough time to give us his role and even requested his death. If he decided to do this and take the "protection" role info with him then basically he has lost the game for us (not trying to be mean to tru1cy here).

I think we have to stick with the plan and trust Zurai.

stessier

Post by stessier »

Newcastle wrote:talking outloud here

what bugged me last night was that he would leave his vote on a player at 2 overnight...at this stage of the game. Why would he do that? Seems kind of careless.... and right now it sounds as if he is scrambling. take that into account he is a pretty solid player overall (when good), he probably wouldn't do such a thing. Also take into account that I think he was played a very middle of the road game, and not taken too many chances, it's almost as if he was just rolling with the flow of the game. Also his analysis is lacking meat.

thinking, thinking...let me look at a few things in the thread here. I dont want us to be hasty with this since it's our last potential vote, if we are right, then we are on to the final day....if we are wrong...game over. But right now am inclined to vote for him.
Heh, the nice part about assuming Lassr and pr0ner are demons is that you have a really short list of posts to review. :lol:
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

stessier wrote:
Lassr wrote: Speaking of Zurai...did we ever determine that he was 100% trusted?
Yep, that sums it up. To trust Zurai, you have to believe tru1cy wouldn't have gone to the Ring without saying something.

I trust him. If the Demons pulled off that Fakery, kudos!
yeah, that's my feeling also. Just had to throw it out. If Zurai is a demon then kudos, there is almost no way for us to win.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Yet, your meat earlier on revhempus was very flaccid.

Black Lives Matter
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Lassr wrote:

OOOHHH, no he didnt!

stessier

Post by stessier »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Lassr wrote:
Newcastle wrote:Also his analysis is lacking meat.
OOOHHH, no he didnt!
And yet it isn't Lassr's sig yet...
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Lassr wrote:

at least i tried, instead of holding my finger up to the wind to see which way the vote is flowing
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Lassr wrote:

OOOHHH, no he didnt!
Thanks. That felt good. I actually laughed at your reply.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Before I head to lunch-

about the 2 votes left overnight.

Yes, I did it on purpose. I did not think Newcastle and pr0ner were both evil. We had to get to 2 votes eventually, we can't hang around at 1 on everyone. Neither jumped on the vote overnight but I'm not sure either were online at the time either. But I did attempt to help prove that both are probably not evil (if they were paying attention to votes like good demons would). I thought this would help in getting people to look at Scoop. But hell, it backfired.

Black Lives Matter
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Lassr wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:OOOHHH, no he didnt!
Thanks. That felt good. I actually laughed at your reply.
:lol:

stessier

Post by stessier »

Lassr wrote:Before I head to lunch-

Yes, I did it on purpose. I did not think Newcastle and pr0ner were both evil. We had to get to 2 votes eventually, we can't hang around at 1 on everyone. Neither jumped on the vote overnight but I'm not sure either were online at the time either. But I did attempt to help prove that both are probably not evil (if they were paying attention to votes like good demons would). I thought this would help in getting people to look at Scoop. But hell, it backfired.
Sorry, don't buy it.

Lassr
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

whats 4-2 lassr? 2 right?

both? you do realize that if you take away proner and myself as potential suspects...that leaves scoop...and uhm, yeah YOU as the evil ones.

i think i can roll with lassr
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

stessier wrote:

Sorry, don't buy it.

Lassr
then the village is lost.

my posts about Scoop probably didn't help my case but when I saw everything backfiring I had to do what I could to stop the village from descending into hell and being over run by demons.

I'm getting really hungry, so I am leaving for lunch now.

Scoop, I have new found respect for you after this game.

Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

Lassr wrote:But I did attempt to help prove that both are probably not evil (if they were paying attention to votes like good demons would).
Wait, you attempted to prove it by leaving the vote out all night! So if they were Evil, we lost!?!? Gee, I'm glad you are a Bad Guy...the Good Guys already have enough problems without you on our side. :lol:

As for Newcastle and pr0ner checking the board...you placed your vote, then 30 minutes later Newcastle posted...30 minutes after that, pr0ner. So yes, they all saw the vote.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Newcastle wrote:

whats 4-2 lassr? 2 right?

both? you do realize that if you take away proner and myself as potential suspects...that leaves scoop...and uhm, yeah YOU as the evil ones.

i think i can roll with lassr
taking away 1 (ONE) of you as suspects and hoped to prove Scoop as the other. Although it did open a door on me just didn't think it would open that wide.

Black Lives Matter