[WW] Deep Cover (Postmortem)

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Newcastle

Re: [WW] Deep Cover (Thursday Night)

Post by Newcastle »

by the way, last night was an absolutely mind blowing experience, and i think we are in trouble, and i think the temple got multiple tokens two nights prior, and that the day before yesterday the treasurer was a templar. The day of triggercut's actual lynch also.

Let's not rush this please.....for the first part of my act.....

I was the treasurer yesterday, i am going to be a bit vague with numbers also, or add in a bit of a haze because of the following......

For the second part of my act

Whoever stole from me last night, it was my gift to you. And I purposely left them there for you. I want us to succesfully lynch unagi, hence I figured whoever was going to pick my pocket, was most likely a wallie.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Oh, I cannot wait to hear this.
Hodor.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

it's pretty fascinating actually proner, especially the deductions one can make from my results. Let me put it this way, i was very, very busy last night. And i am going to hold my tongue a bit, because I donated money to a few folks yesterday. i want them to come forward and confirm that i did do that and I want them to explain what they did with the cash.
Bayraktar!!!!

Grundbegriff

Re: [WW] Deep Cover (Friday BAP)

Post by Grundbegriff »

Participants:
  • Austin
  • Chaosraven
  • Kenetickid
  • Lagom Lite
  • LordMortis
  • Newcastle
  • paulbaxter
  • pr0ner
  • Remus West
  • Scoop20906
  • Sean, Minister of KtSP
  • stessier
  • theohall
  • triggercut
  • Unagi
___.oOo.______.oOo.______.oOo.______.oOo.______.oOo.______.oOo.______.oOo.___
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Newcastle wrote:it's pretty fascinating actually proner, especially the deductions one can make from my results. Let me put it this way, i was very, very busy last night. And i am going to hold my tongue a bit, because I donated money to a few folks yesterday. i want them to come forward and confirm that i did do that and I want them to explain what they did with the cash.
:grund:

I have no words, other than this: way to make yourself look like you're a Templar.
Hodor.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

ORLY?
Bayraktar!!!!

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

:binky:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Newcastle wrote:it's pretty fascinating actually proner, especially the deductions one can make from my results. Let me put it this way, i was very, very busy last night. And i am going to hold my tongue a bit, because I donated money to a few folks yesterday. i want them to come forward and confirm that i did do that and I want them to explain what they did with the cash.
You didn't send any to me. No one likes me. :(

Is it too early to vote for Unagi yet? I wanna!
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
paulbaxter

Post by paulbaxter »

Lagom Lite wrote:
WAAAYYY too early for you, especially since you've gone back to yesterday.
No sig, must scream, etc.
stessier

Post by stessier »

paulbaxter wrote:
Lagom Lite wrote:
:?:
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

stessier wrote:
paulbaxter wrote:
Lagom Lite wrote:
I'm guessing he's making a crack at differing time zones. :)
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
paulbaxter

Post by paulbaxter »

Notice what is different about this post compared to the one above it.
No sig, must scream, etc.
theohall

Post by theohall »

I lied.

Unagi 

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

paulbaxter wrote:Notice what is different about this post compared to the one above it.
Oh. :oops:
Is there anyone in hell?

theohall

Post by theohall »

I got nothing in terms of funds.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Yesterday i got 440 bucks to play with. Now i found it amusing that I got those funds, since i'm pretty high on the suspect list.

Eventually I came to the conclusion that I would have to rule out buying any sort of profiling gizmo, any sort of CBTR gizmos, nothing. Because they'd be stolen before I could use them, and whoever stole them would think i was guilty as sin. That sucked because I really wanted to scan scoop and triggercut.

The other quandry I faced was who should I shoot that money out to. I was also certain that a conversion had happened. I had to disberse funds prior to getting any feel for people. So i shot them out to two people who i semi- trusted, in my gut that is. One of those was Remus. The other person I shall not say whom, and I hope they do not step forward, because I think they were the ones who picked my pocket. And i really want to make sure they use those BB's to enable Unagi's lynch. Yeah I changed my tune from last night.

And here is where I am going to be really, really vague with figures. Because I do not want the temple to have any idea how many BB's we have to enable a lynch.

So after I shot out the initial funds. I had all day to think about how I was going to approach the evening. I really had one recourse, and that was doing a huge BB operation.

The first part of my operation was a thieving operation from everyone, except the two people who I sent money out to. And I layered it on thick. I thought that I was going to be trailed, so I made sure that my first thieving operation was enough to shake any potential trails therefore enabling me to steal from everyone else.

Well here's the funny part - I was thwarted in everyone place, except for three people. Now, i know I wasn't trailed, because through the order of my operations, I was able to shake them off, on my first person. The obvious conclusion was that MY targets were trailed. Now, I put multiple thieving BB on them. So to not steal from them and get the thwarted message is an eyeopener. That meant that the temple sent a trail, multiples on many different players. That was a good chunk of change. More than they could have gotten from what their treasure gets.

Also, I made sure that I left some BB's in my inventory. Think of it as forward thinking. Because I was reasonably certain I was going to get stolen from. And whoever was going to steal from me, was in all likelihood a wallie. And I wanted to make sure we had enough BB to enable a lynch today.

The second part of my actions was that I put a protection scheme on everyone in the game except for Austin, Unagi and myself. They were able to cut that down also since Remus in fact died.

And if you ask why not Austin? Pretty much yesterday we thought the day 1 convert was most likely Austin, newcastle or LL. I can rule myself out, LL i was pretty certain clean due to his shelling out so much money. That left Austin.

The temple used a lot of money last night to do what they did. A lot. More than they could've possibly been alotted.

That leads to several conclusion. First the temple was the wall's treasurer two days ago. They
used that money to then use the profile gizmo on several players. Now, they have a nice little stock of tokens. Think about it, it makes sense. They are the ones who control wether a CCC happens or not. They can convert, causing the CCC or kill.

Second, they used a ton of money last night to prevent us from doing anything.

Third - Whoever I was not twarted from stealing is high on my suspect list. Since why would they prevent their partners from acting?

Fourth - I did not steal any profiling gizmos also.

Fifth - The three people I was able to steal from were - Austin, Proner, and Unagi. I only got booty from one of them. The other two their pockets were empty.

Sixth - Proner what were you doing with 2 PEKs and 7 credits?

Seventh - I am pretty certain our Bad guys are Austin, Proner, and Unagi.
Bayraktar!!!!

pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

LAME. Lame lame lame lame lame. I can't believe, with 400 credits, that's what you decided to do.

If you think I'm Temple, you are incredibly dense.
Hodor.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

pr0ner wrote::grund:

LAME. Lame lame lame lame lame. I can't believe, with 400 credits, that's what you decided to do.

proner - I was going to get stolen from regardless of what I did. So anything I did, was going to HAVE to be used up in BB operation. Anything after that was going to get solen. SO any type of gizmo - profiler, CBTR was going to get stolen.
Bayraktar!!!!

pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Newcastle wrote:
pr0ner wrote::grund:

proner - I was going to get stolen from regardless of what I did. So anything I did, was going to HAVE to be used up in BB operation. Anything after that was going to get solen. SO any type of gizmo - profiler, CBTR was going to get stolen.

You're still being incredibly dense.
Hodor.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

you dont find it interesting that everyone was trailed with a huge amount of cash? I mean what other options are there Proner? Please, do tell.
Bayraktar!!!!

pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Newcastle wrote:you dont find it interesting that everyone was trailed with a huge amount of cash? I mean what other options are there Proner? Please, do tell.
I shouldn't have to tell. It should be obvious.
Hodor.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

pr0ner wrote:
Newcastle wrote:you dont find it interesting that everyone was trailed with a huge amount of cash? I mean what other options are there Proner? Please, do tell.
I shouldn't have to tell. It should be obvious.
OK let me put in hypotheticals here right? This is the "explanation" i think you are hinting at.

You are the MOD, and you happen to have the secondary role of treasurer. So therefore you have a huge chunk of change at your disposal? Right?

Let me ask you this then. If you were in fact responsible for all of those trails that foiled me last night...why? Why were you so intent on preventing others, namely wallers acting? Why so many trails? Because, it was a lot, it was a huge splurge of cash?

Why didn't you use any profiling gizmos? Shouldnt I question your rationale of what you did with your money then?
Bayraktar!!!!

pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

:lol:

So incredibly wrong.

:lol:
Hodor.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I got money from the Treasurer yesterday. I gave it all away except for the distribution bonus. A fair amount went to Remus. :? I was not robbed last night.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

ok so you weren't the MOD hybrid treasurer then.

That still doesnt explain the huge amount of trails that were on people yesterday proner.

The explanation can not be that I was trailed, I made sure i burned my trails.

The only explanation was that the others were trailed, and the amount of trails on people were incredible.

The only answer I can divine was that they had ample amounts of cash. There is no other explanation as to why they were trailed than to prevent these people from acting.

Are you hinting that we had a second treasurer for the wall? And if so, the question comes back to why the hell were they trailing them, when they should be profiling people.

I dont see any other rational explanation, so no the answer is not obvious Proner. You can hint at being the MOD, and that's fine. You shouldn't have to reveal that.

But someone went to great lengths to prevent others from acting.
Bayraktar!!!!

pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

You're still missing the point, but whatever.
Hodor.
stessier

Post by stessier »

pr0ner wrote:You're still missing the point, but whatever.
I don't know why you expect us to get anything. You explain nothing and don't contribute your thoughts.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

pr0ner as a recent convert makes sense to me. Especially the last few pages of tirades. It's like he's a different person.

What's so awful about Newcastle's analysis pr0ner? I guess I must be stupid too, because you're looking more and more guilty to me.
Is there anyone in hell?

Austin

Post by Austin »

For the record, I'm thinking Unagi, Newcastle and someone else. I have not had anything to steal so carry on wayward Newcastle.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

stessier wrote:
I don't know why you expect us to get anything. You explain nothing and don't contribute your thoughts.
Hey, it's not my fault when other people (namely, Lord Mortis) broadcast what happened and yet you still want me to spell things out for you when I really shouldn't have to go into any more detail than is absolutely necessary.

And my beef with Newcastle is this: why is the Great Wall treasurer giving out money to people by name and not by role? And why is he questioning why I had 7 credits? What am I supposed to do with 7 credits?
Hodor.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

pr0ner wrote:
stessier wrote:
Hey, it's not my fault when other people (namely, Lord Mortis) broadcast what happened and yet you still want me to spell things out for you when I really shouldn't have to go into any more detail than is absolutely necessary.

And my beef with Newcastle is this: why is the Great Wall treasurer giving out money to people by name and not by role? And why is he questioning why I had 7 credits? What am I supposed to do with 7 credits?
Because when i was given the money, no one was talking in the thread. I had to dole out the money before we could begin lynching. I didn't want to hold up the game also. You know the budgetary assesment period.

I was reasonably sure that a conversion happened. That means, everyone, everyone was fair game. That means anyone could have been converted. Including you Proner. So i really couldn't trust anyone. Did we still have a crypto? Did we still have an analyzer, did we still have a MOD?

Now, I also knew that if I threw the money out wily nilly, you guys were going to focus fire on me. That would not have helped the wall at all. I am innocent, I know that. You dont. That's fine.

That in fact was an advantage. So i trusted self. I dished out some cash to a couple of people I thought i could trust. Enough so they could act, but not enough to interfere with what i was going to do. I didn't want it going into the temple's hands. I didn't want to take that chance. The rest, I hoarded. I knew also, that I was going to get stolen from, so therefore I left some BB in my inventory.

But I also wanted to create as much information as possible, so that's why i devised that scheme. Steal from everyone. And then try to protect everyone. I had the funds to do that. Either way it would create information. I honestly was not expecting this result.

And this is where it gets better. Even if i am lynched. You guys are going to see..."oh he's a wallie" and see that I was speaking the truth.

What would you have done Proner in that uncertainty?
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

you also had two PEK's on you proner..why did you need those?
Bayraktar!!!!

Austin

Post by Austin »

Newcastle wrote: I was reasonably sure that a conversion happened. That means, everyone, everyone was fair game. That means anyone could have been converted.
I dished out some cash to a couple of people I thought i could trust.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Weird. I was sitting on 9 for awhile. Stess sent me 20 right before night, so I bought a couple of black bags, figuring they'd last till day. They got stolen.

Let that mean what it will for Newcastle.

Someone wake me when can vote for Unagi.
Austin

Post by Austin »

LordMortis wrote:Weird. I was sitting on 9 for awhile. Stess sent me 20 right before night, so I bought a couple of black bags, figuring they'd last till day. They got stolen.

If you were sitting on 9, why did you not trail Unagi yesterday? What's the freaking point of us keeping on voting for Unagi if you people with stuff aren't trailing him?
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

LordMortis wrote:Weird. I was sitting on 9 for awhile. Stess sent me 20 right before night, so I bought a couple of black bags, figuring they'd last till day. They got stolen.

fascinating, absolutely fascinating. I am wondering if my thievings on you, disable the trails, enabling someone to swoop in after me? That's how i read it.

Austin - yeah, seems paradoxical when you take it out of context. As I said, i dished some out, and i had to go with a gut call. I gave enough so they could act, but not enough to hamper.

Oh also, another thing to think about, we still havent heard from the treasurer of two days ago.
Bayraktar!!!!

pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Hodor.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Austin wrote:

If you were sitting on 9, why did you not trail Unagi yesterday? What's the freaking point of us keeping on voting for Unagi if you people with stuff aren't trailing him?
I think he means he was sitting on $9. Not enough to do anything. I sent him $20. Then he acted and lost it.

This whole aspect is actually quite frustrating. But maybe that's just me.
Austin

Post by Austin »

Ahhh, without a $ figure I thought he meant black bags.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Austin wrote:Ahhh, without a $ figure I thought he meant black bags.
That would have been a lot of black bags to sit on. :lol:
Hodor.