2024 Fundraising - $1102 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

Pictures and Videos for R&P

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Moliere

Re: Pictures for R&P

Post by Moliere »

"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Enlarge Image

Evolutionary Tree of Religion
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Moliere wrote:Enlarge Image

Evolutionary Tree of Religion
Ufology is 1947CE New Guinean/Australian? Where the hell do they think Roswell is?

Scientology is 1950 New Guinean/Australian? That was New Jersey Er, yeah, sure, that one is their fault.

EDIT: or wait, maybe those aren't sectors but just a color code at the top. Makes more sense. Either way, fun chart.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Moliere

Post by Moliere »

PLW

Post by PLW »

I love that religion chart. It would be cool to see it in other countries. Hinduism, Buddhism, and (Mainstream) Judaism land in the top-right, here, but I bet they'd look very different in other countries.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

White cops showing a black man as an animal to be hunted? What could go wrong when the picture goes public?

A lawyer's defense:
“What’s to say this individual wasn’t performing at a Christmas pageant in the district and was dressed as a reindeer and had taken the reindeer suit off? Again, I don’t mean to make preposterous arguments, but the charges in this case, they warrant that,” he said.

Herbert also compared the photo to an episode of “Seinfeld” in which Jerry is wrongly accused of picking his nose.

Herbert said there was strong evidence in the photo that the African-American man was a “willing participant” and was not coerced to pose with antlers. He even questioned whether the guns were really broomsticks carved to look like weapons.
:roll:
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Federal prosecutors gave the photo [taken between 1999 and 2003] to police investigators in 2013 about two years after Finnigan — the notorious other cop in the picture — was sentenced to 12 years in prison for leading a crew of rogue cops in robberies, home invasions and other crimes.
Also, no coercion?
Finnigan told the FBI the man didn’t have a serious criminal background so they let him go without arresting him, a law enforcement source said, adding that the photo was taken in “the spur of the moment.”
How about "take this photo and we'll let you go..."?
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Rip

Post by Rip »

Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Areas of childhood indoctrination: religion, politics, sports team, personal bias'.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Why does the side of the bus say "STOP [Hillary Campaign]"?

Whatever about the class project. It's teaching civics. We had something similar for Regan in 3rd grade (or whenever it was) and I had to make giant get well card for Regan when he got shot. Didn't influence my outlook but it did get me interested in the government. Kids learn politics from home.

(Funny earlier memory: we were playing in the sandbox and built the White House. One kid said, "I'm the president, Jimmy Carter!" Someone else said, "I'm Walter Mondale!" Yet another kid said, "I'm Jimmy Carter's brother, Billy!" Someone else said, "I'm Jimmy Carter's dad!" This one kid whose dad coached at U of M said, "I'm Jimmy Carter's other brother, Anthony Carter!" I remember it clear as day. I ended up being a nameless Secret Service agent assigned to AC.)

MYT
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

LawBeefaroni wrote:Why does the side of the bus say "STOP [Hillary Campaign]"?
Probably an inadvertent joke. American school buses ALL have a stop side next to the driver, on BOTH sides.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I'm not comfortable with that. Civics yes, candidates no.
Rip

Post by Rip »

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

I assumed it was at a school with a teacher but it's not. Is there any context to that photo?

He's Chairman of Hillary Clinton for America, not a teacher. So maybe he stopped by a school and took the photo by the bus that has kids that chose Clinton. For all we know there's a similar poster for other candidates.

Who knows?

MYT
Rip

Post by Rip »

LawBeefaroni wrote:
I assumed it was at a school with a teacher but it's not. Is there any context to that photo?

He's Chairman of Hillary Clinton for America, not a teacher. So maybe he stopped by a school and took the photo by the bus that has kids that chose Clinton. For all we know there's a similar poster for other candidates.

Who knows?

Just Podesta stumping for his BFF. I thought everyone knew he was part of the Clinton cartel?

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/04/309690- ... on-donors/
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Rip wrote:

Just Podesta stumping for his BFF. I thought everyone knew he was part of the Clinton cartel?
I don't recognize him on sight. I don't watch TV on Sunday except for sports.

MYT
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I had absolutely no idea who he was. I can't imagine I'm alone in that.
PLW

Post by PLW »

GreenGoo wrote:I had absolutely no idea who he was. I can't imagine I'm alone in that.
I thought it was a woman with very short hair.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

"You should have seen the creationist." :tjg:
Rip

Post by Rip »

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Is it because you have the same necklace? Or is it the dress?
He won. Period.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Yeah, aside from being an unflattering picture I don't get it.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Kraken wrote:Yeah, aside from being an unflattering picture I don't get it.
This is low hanging fruit. Anyone photographed as much as Hillary will be caught between facial expressions, making them look weird.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Probably safest to drop this here...

Tim Hunt's sacrifice (of his good name) is not in vain, for it begat such as this:

My new theory: Maybe dinosaurs were mocked to death. They probably had it coming...
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

27 images to make you feel depressed about the environment.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Rip

Post by Rip »

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Rip wrote:Image
He won. Period.
Rip

Post by Rip »

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Not nearly as funny as the hotdog ones. Actually I don't find it funny at all. It's just a picture of her eating, presumably in the customary fashion for whatever that food is (fish, obviously, but what it's called or how it's prepared I have no idea).
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Defiant

Post by Defiant »

naednek

Post by naednek »

hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Defiant wrote:Image
I just put that up on my facebook page after seeing a coworker's page that consists of nothing but complaints about marriage being for 1 man and 1 woman over the last 12 hours. He's a vice president so I may be looking for a job soon. :lol:
He won. Period.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Moliere

Post by Moliere »

That wacky Paula Dean is at it again.

Moliere

Post by Moliere »