00 - WoT - Game Over - Chris in Hot Water

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

stessier

Re: 00 - WoT - Sunday Day - Mipe loses the Fight

Post by stessier »

Sunday Day

The monotony and inevitability of the sun rising and mist settling over the camp once more proved to be too much for mipe. He woke everyone up while running around the camp shouting "I'm not dead yet! I'm not dead yet! I'm not dead yet!!!"

Suddenly, with a blood curdling scream, the shouting ended.

"Wrong again!" came the taunting reply from everywhere and no where.

Boilerplate:
Armor - will you activate?
Ego - will you execute someone?
Gab - will you talk to someone?
Life - will you execute someone?
Aram - will you execute someone?
Wormwood - will you search someone's tent?

Majority to send someone to the Whitecloaks is 3/5.

Surviving Members
ChrisGrenard
Kelric
Lassr
Scoop20906
Sean, Minister of KtSP

I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
mipe

Post by mipe »

stessier wrote:

Boilerplate:
Wormwood - will you search someone's tent?
What does that mean? Uhh.. I mean :binky: :binky: :binky:
Roleplaying in Massive Multiplayer Online Role-playing game?
BLASHPHEMY!!

Do you like OO? Do you like Civilization? Do you like Fall From Heaven 2? If you answer yes at all, come to viewtopic.php?f=4&t=62242
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

So I raided Chris' tent last night and found the Walking Stick of Ego. It's been completely used up. Did Chris make a single reference to having this at all yesterday? (I just can't remember.)

I wouldn't put it past him to be a bad guy that is just toying with us.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Sean's tent was empty.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Kelric wrote:So I raided Chris' tent last night and found the Walking Stick of Ego. It's been completely used up. Did Chris make a single reference to having this at all yesterday? (I just can't remember.)

What about the armor?

He says he stole the EGO off Unagi. I suspect a night trade.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

Kelric wrote:So I raided Chris' tent last night and found the Walking Stick of Ego. It's been completely used up. Did Chris make a single reference to having this at all yesterday? (I just can't remember.)

Kelric, sometimes I just love you. :mrgreen:

Ladies and gentlemen, I regret to inform you that Kelric's mind is not his own today. Kelric was the Nightmare user, and he and I had a long conversation last night.

Within the conversation, we set it up so that if our mind's should be taken over by compulsion, we would "forget" to do something important the next day. Within the context of the rules, we justified this based on that it would be like giving each other a special wave during the day. If we forgot to do the special wave, that's means we were not in our own mind's that day.

Kelric most assuredly forgot his code in his first post of the day. He is under compulsion.

Furthermore, I actually lied about what tent Kelric was to search. I redirected him from mipe's tent to Lassr's, just in case. Unfortunately, I don't think he's gonna give us any good information at the moment due to compulsion, so I won't know what he found until later.

Now, the fact that the game is still going suggests to me that there *might* be only one bad guy left.

At this point, I have two people I fully 100% trust: Kelric (why else would he contact me?) and Scoop (reasons as of yesterday)

This leaves Lassr and Sean.

Now, I'd like to hear from Scoop as to what he found in Sean's tent.
I'm special!
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

Lassr wrote:

What about the armor?

He says he stole the EGO off Unagi. I suspect a night trade.
Now, I want to wait for Scoop on this one, but that Lassr is suddenly trying to pin me is great. This really helps narrow my suspects list.

I still want to hear from Scoop before moving though.
I'm special!
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

Final note, my armor was indeed stolen last night. Right now I suspect Lassr.

And I found the camo thinger in mipe's tent, but I think we can conclude that mipe was innocent. :)
I'm special!
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

Potential outcomes of the day:

Lassr and Kelric are going to vote for me.

Scoop and myself are (probably!) going to vote for Lassr.

If Sean is the final bad guy, we lose. If he's a good guy, we win.
I'm special!
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Chris Grenard 

is the enemy!

Edit - The accuse tag rather than the bold tag may help.
Sean, Minister of KtSP

Post by Sean, Minister of KtSP »

There was nothing in my tent, Chris. I've had nothing but a couple of items of useless junk I got from the chest the first night, and those were stolen days ago. Since then, I've slept in my tent every night, like a good little merchant.

I grow weary of the endless accusations thrown at me. Go bark up some other tree. I serve the Light.
"Sweet dreams, Mr. Stiffly."
"I have told you, my name is not... ... ...Sweet dreams, Monster-san."
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Then let's string Grenard up and put all of us out of our collective misery.
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

Sean, Minister of KtSP wrote:There was nothing in my tent, Chris. I've had nothing but a couple of items of useless junk I got from the chest the first night, and those were stolen days ago. Since then, I've slept in my tent every night, like a good little merchant.

I grow weary of the endless accusations thrown at me. Go bark up some other tree. I serve the Light.
Well, I'd like to hear Scoop confirmation, but if you had read today's points, you'd see that you became far second on my accusations list under Lassr. :P
I'm special!
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

:binky: :pop: :binky:
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

ChrisGrenard wrote:Potential outcomes of the day:

Lassr and Kelric are going to vote for me.

Scoop and myself are (probably!) going to vote for Lassr.

If Sean is the final bad guy, we lose. If he's a good guy, we win.
for shame. you will kill no more!
 ChrisGrenard 

Black Lives Matter
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

Yeah, wow, that was obvious. Okay, Sean, are you a good or a bad guy?

Vote Lassr 

Also, Scoop check in please.
I'm special!
Sean, Minister of KtSP

I'm pretty sure Scoop said he wasn't really going to be around today, and all through the weekend.

Either way, it doesn't matter.

Hi.

We're the Bad Guys.

ChrisGrenard 

It's been a pleasure killing you all.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Voting Closed!
  • Kelric acc ChrisGrenard(1)
  • Lassr acc ChrisGrenard(2)
  • Sean acc ChrisGrenard(3)

Votes required to call Whitecloaks: 3

Against ChrisGrenard(3): Kelric, Lassr, Sean
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Sean, Minister of KtSP

Pleased to meet you. Hope you guessed our names.
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

Sean, Minister of KtSP wrote:Pleased to meet you. Hope you guessed our names.
Indeed I did.

Only thing I'm hoping is that Scoop didn't recover the Life artifact and then fail to use it here. Please tell me you guys still had that.
I'm special!
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

Further questions: Hitting the specials as early as you did: Luck or good guesses or what?
I'm special!
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

I got the Ego from Chris at the end. Useless.

WHere's the spoiler forum?
stessier

Post by stessier »

As soon as the few remaining members gathered around the morning campfire, Kelric approached ChrisGrenard. With dead eyes and a monotone voice, Kelric raised his finger and pointed at Chris. “You! You have been responsible for all of this.”

“That’s enough for me,” said Lassr as he moved to one side of Chirs.

After a beat, Chris began to laugh. “You fools…we had planned for just this eventuality. Kelric is clearly today’s Pet. Now Scoop and Sean, join me in my vote against Lassr.”

“Now why would I want to do that?” said Sean as he stepped to the other side of Chris. “We promised you, Kelric, and Scoop as the main course for our friends.”

With that, Trollocs began pouring from the tents of the deceased Caravan Members. The Whitecloaks, caught off guard, were quickly overwhelmed by the murderous horde.

The Trollocs ate well that night and agreed that fresh Dragonsworn sushi was a delicacy best served cold.

Darkfriends WIN!
stessier

Post by stessier »

I had a lot of fun running this game and you guys are all a lot of fun behind the scenes. I'd really like to hear people's comments on what they liked - disliked - and suggestions for improvements.

If you'd like to check out the spoilers, register at these sites.

The Spoiler Forum: http://wotspoilers.freeforums.org/" target="_blank
The Maiden Forum: http://goodwot.freeforums.org/" target="_blank
The Chosen Forum: http://badwot.freeforums.org/" target="_blank

I will have to activate your account after signing up at the wotspoilers, but that should be done quickly. (I'll try to make it auto approve, but that might take a bit.)

Finally, here is a google docs spreadsheet that tracks all the ter'angreal, scan, protections, etc.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key= ... UrNw&hl=en" target="_blank

I hope you had fun!

Thanks for playing The Wheel of Time!!!
stessier

Post by stessier »

Roles:
Spoiler:

Code: Select all

Position   Player                         Role		
1          Lassr                          Graendal	
2          Chaosraven				        
3          Scoop20906                     Bain	
4          Mr. Bubbles                    Min		
5          Remus West 				        
6          Kelric                                            
7          Sectoid                        Aram	      	
8          Semaj                                             
9          Bakhtosh                       Chiad		    	   
10         RevHempus71                    Perrin			   
11         Austin						            	   
12         ChrisGrenard						           
13         Sean, Minister of KtSP         Aginor			   
14         Grundbegriff						           
15         triggercut						           
16         Unagi                          Wormwood		            
17         Kraegor							            
18         mipe                           Thom	
Ter'angreal
Spoiler:
Diamond Ring – A gorgeous cushion set diamond is beautifully accented by a bold platinum setting. Upon closer inspection, you notice the diamond is chipped with internal bubbles. The “diamond” is just a piece of glass! What a gyp!!

Sapphire Ring – The deep, dark blue of this sapphire is only enhanced by the delicate gold setting. A beautiful piece that would be the highlight of any collection, this ring will do you no good unless you can make it out of this camp alive.

Emerald Ring – The verdant green of this cushion set emerald makes you want to tell someone, anyone, about its great beauty. A name pops into your head and suddenly you realize you can hear their thoughts and they can hear yours.

Congratulations! You’ve found a ter’angreal…the Emerald Ring of Gab!!
  • Use this during the Day to PM with one other person from Sunrise to Sunset.
  • PM’s may begin as soon as the Night kill is announced and must end when the Lynch is finalized by the Moderator. Simply notify the Moderator of the person you would like to speak with and then begin PM’ing.
  • This Ter’angreal never loses its power.

Topaz Ring – A heavily chipped and cloudy princess cut piece of topaz adorns this burnished bronze setting. Nothing to write home about.

Garnet Ring – A heavy, silver setting securely holds a 2 carat cushion set piece of Garnet. The contrast is lovely and you’re sure it will fetch a good price at the next town you get to. All you have to do now is make it out of this camp with your head still attached to your neck…

Opal Ring – A single, iridescent opal adorns this delicate cathedral setting. Guaranteed to take a woman’s breath away, this will do nothing to get you home in one piece.

Bear Statue – A roughly carved wooden statue of a black bear walking down a path. Appropriate only as a gift to a child, the statue clearly has no magical powers and can’t even be used to bribe a Whitecloak to let you out of this death trap.

Deer Statue – Made from a material you don’t recognize, the stylized figure reminds you of a deer…but the Dark One take you if you will be able to find anyone willing to hand over good coppers to take it off your hands.

Owl Statue – The first thing you notice is that the Owl is posed looking backward and that the eyes, fashioned from a material you don’t recognize, follow you everywhere with an all-seeing gaze. Suddenly it dawns on you…

Congratulations! You’ve found a ter’angreal…the Owl Statue of Armor!!
  • Activate this ter’angreal by PM’ing the Moderator at the start of any Day or Night period.
  • Once activated, this is a passive, always on power that last for one complete Day/Night cycle (a 24 hour period).
  • It protects from Compulsion and all forms of death except the Lynch.
  • This Ter’angreal never loses its power, but only works for YOU once!

Wolf Statue – A black marble statue of a lone wolf howling to his pack. The marble is so finely textured you think you can see the fur blowing in the cool night breeze or hear the howl as it echoes across the hills. Then…faintly at first…you do:

OOhoooo OOOOHHHOoooooo OOOOHHHHHHoooooooooooooo

Shivering at the eeriness, you realize you won’t be getting any sleep tonight…

Congratulations! You’ve found a ter’angreal…the Wolf Statue of Nightmares!!
  • Use this during the Night to PM with one other person from Sunset to Sunrise.
  • PM’s may begin as soon as the Lynch is finalized by the Moderator and must end when the Night kill is announced. Simply notify the Moderator of the person you would like to speak with and then begin PM’ing.

Eagle Statue – A sandstone statue of an Eagle feeding a gutted fish to an Eaglet. The paint used by the artist lends such weight to the scene that you can almost hear the ocean, smell the fish, and sense the Eaglet’s hunger being sated with each bite.

Congratulations! You’ve found a ter’angreal…the Eagle Statue of Life!!
  • Use this during the Day to Kill one person with a sustained burst of balefire.
  • If the one who dies cast a vote on the previous Day’s lynch, the vote will be negated and the person lynched will return to life.
  • If someone is resurrected, they will return with all of the character powers they haved at their death.
    • Example 1: Aram dies after exacting his revenge.
      Result 1: Aram returns with no power to exact revenge, but retains his ability to have the Day lynch alignment announced.
      Example 2: Aram dies before exacting his revenge.
      Result 2: Aram returns and can exact revenge when the condition is met and retains his ability to have the Day lynch alignment announced.
  • The Ter'angreal has one Good Charge and one Evil Charge. After a Good Guy uses it, the Ter'angreal will be worthless to the Good side. Similarly, after an Evil Guy uses it, the Ter'angreal will be worthless to the Evil side.
  • Those who use this Ter’angreal will not be revealed and the death will take the place of the Day’s lynch.

Rabbit Statue – A stone statue of a rabbit at full run. A crude example of art, you wonder how anyone would ever be fooled into thinking this came from the Age of Legends.

Wooden Cup – A crudely carved piece, there is an inscription on the base. “You have chosen poorly.”

Golden Filigree Bracelet – A fantastically complicated example of fine gold work, the longer you stare at this bracelet, the more amazed you become. Following one strand from its origin to endpoint is impossible. Amazed, you finally understand:

Congratulations! You’ve found a ter’angreal…the Golden Filigree Braclet of Camouflage!!
  • Use this during the Night to change what a scan of your being will return.
  • Options are: One Power User, Not One Power User, or No Information. This Ter’angreal never loses its power.
  • PM the Moderator at the start of the Night if you wish to use this and the result you wish to show.
  • The Moderator will notify you only in the event you are scanned, but not the source of the scan.

Elm Walking Stick – Whittled from a single elm branch, this walking stick is warm to the touch. As you hold it, the warmth moves up your arm and spreads until it envelops you. Finally comfortable in the frigid night, your thoughts turn to the others in camp. The more you think, the more you are convinced that you are right and everyone else is a snot nosed, uneducated, simpering whipper-snapper who couldn’t find a Trolloc if he walked up and bit their arm off!

Congratulations!!! You’ve found a ter’angreal… Elm Walking Stick of Ego!!
  • Use this during the Day to Kill one person with a short burst of balefire.
  • After a single use, this Ter’angreal is worthless.
  • The One who uses this Ter’angreal will not be revealed and the death will take the place of the Day’s lynch.

Carved Opal Sunburst Pendant – A fire opal set in a silver pendant, the jewel is stunning but useless in your current predicament.

Steel Bracers – Tarnished and dented, these bracers have seen better days. Sadly, it appears people are being lynched rather than participating in hand to hand combat. These things are going to be worthless.

Bronze Dagger – This dagger is a poor example of early bronze casting. Dull and short, it will be of no use in a fight. This makes you sad.
Some of the Ter'angreal Movement
Spoiler:
  • Ego
    • Monday - Kraegor
      Tuesday - Kraegor
      Wednesday - Kraegor
      Thursday - Kreagor
      Friday - Sean - Shoot Triggercut
      Saturday - ChrisGrenard
      Sunday - Kelric
  • Life
    • Monday - Chest
      Tuesday - Kelric
      Wednesday - Unagi - Shoots Mr Bubbles -> Transfer to Lassr
      Thursday - Lassr
      Friday - triggercut
      Saturday - Lassr
      Sunday - Lassr
  • Armor
    • Monday - ChrisGrenard
      Tuesday - triggercut -> activate Tuesday Night
      Wednesday - triggercut
      Thursday - triggercut
      Friday - ChrisGrenard -> activate Friday Night
      Saturday - ChrisGrenard
      Sunday - Lassr
  • Camouflage
    • Monday - Chest
      Tuesday - mipe - No Power
      Wednesday - mipe - No Power
      Thursday - mipe
      Friday - mipe - One Power
      Saturday - mipe - One Power
      Sunday - ChrisGrenard
  • Gab
    • Monday - Chest
      Tuesday - Austin
      Wednesday - Mr Bubbles contacts Austin
      Thursday - Austin
      Friday - Austin contacts Chaosraven
      Saturday - Chaosraven
      Sunday - Chaosraven
  • Nightmare
    • Monday - Chest
      Tuesday - mipe contact Kreagor
      Wednesday - mipe contacts Scoop
      Thursday - mipe
      Friday - mipe contacts Unagi
      Saturday - mipe contacts Chaosraven
      Sunday - Kelric contact ChrisGrenard
Last edited by stessier on Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mipe

Re: 00 - WoT - Game Over - Chris in Hot Water

Post by mipe »

:) I'm proud of myself. My first game at OO and I got to last day! Also, didn't grund at the beginning say that lassr is evil?

Ps. go to austin powers game, now! :d
Roleplaying in Massive Multiplayer Online Role-playing game?
BLASHPHEMY!!

Do you like OO? Do you like Civilization? Do you like Fall From Heaven 2? If you answer yes at all, come to viewtopic.php?f=4&t=62242
Sean, Minister of KtSP

ChrisGrenard wrote:
Sean, Minister of KtSP wrote:Pleased to meet you. Hope you guessed our names.
Indeed I did.

Only thing I'm hoping is that Scoop didn't recover the Life artifact and then fail to use it here. Please tell me you guys still had that.
We did still have it, but it wouldn't have mattered in the slightest. The LIFE Tangelo was easily the most misunderstood rule of the game.
The Rulez wrote:(2) Ter’angreal of Life
  • (a) The Good of the Many outweighs the Needs of the One!
    (b) Use this during the Day to Kill one person with a sustained burst of balefire.
    (c) If the one who dies cast a vote on the previous Day’s lynch, the vote will be negated and the person lynched will return to life.
    (d) If someone is resurrected, they will return with all of the character powers they haved at their death.
    • Example 1: Aram dies after exacting his revenge.
      Result 1: Aram returns with no power to exact revenge, but retains his ability to have the Day lynch alignment announced.
      Example 2: Aram dies before exacting his revenge.
      Result 2: Aram returns and can exact revenge when the condition is met and retains his ability to have the Day lynch alignment announced.
    (e) The Ter'angreal has one Good Charge and one Evil Charge. After a Good Guy uses it, the Ter'angreal will be worthless to the Good side. Similarly, after an Evil Guy uses it, the Ter'angreal will be worthless to the Evil side.
    (f) Those who use this Ter’angreal will not be revealed and the death will take the place of the Day’s lynch.
I think it was the wording of (c) that was confusing:
(c) If the one who dies cast a vote on the previous Day’s lynch, the vote will be negated and the person lynched will return to life.
If the person killed by the balefire blast was one of the people who voted for the previous day's lynchee (and only the previous day's lynchee), then the previous day's lynchee is resurrected.

So, today as an example -- Yesterday, there was a lynch -- Unagi. Meaning, since Unagi was lynched (and not killed in any other manner), he was eligible for resurrection by LIFE.

The following people voted for Unagi: Kraegor, ChrisGrenard, ChrisGrenard, Sean, Lassr, Unagi.
The following people did NOT vote for Unagi: mipe, Scoop, Kelric.

As we woke up this morning, mipe, Kraegor and Unagi were all dead, leaving us the following two lists:

RES LIST: Sean, Lassr, ChrisGrenard
NORES LIST: Scoop, Kelric

If I had been shot with LIFE, you guys go to sleep with 2 evil and 3 good, and we knew where the armor was. The morning dawns with 2+2, Evil wins.
If Lassr had instead been shot by life, He dies, Kelric (the PET) dies, and Unagi comes back. We go to sleep on 2+2, Evil wins.
If Scoop or Kelric had been shot by LIFE, sun sets on 2+2, evil wins.

My personal favorite of the possible combinations -- if ChrisGrenard had been shot by LIFE, Unagi comes back, and the sun sets on 3+2, evil wins with all Evil players alive at the end of the game.

It literally did not matter in the slightest if any of you stole LIFE last night. Hell, if I could have? I would have left it in the middle of camp with a big neon sign saying TAKE ME!
Sean, Minister of KtSP

ChrisGrenard wrote:Further questions: Hitting the specials as early as you did: Luck or good guesses or what?
Not to give too much away, but we were pretty confident Sectoid was a special.

We had the DARK ONE'S OWN LUCK that he turned out to be Aram. The Dark One's luck followed us throughout the game. A lot of people came away thinking this rules set favored the Bad Guys, but I disagree. The rules favor the Bad Guys if they get really lucky AND brutally and ruthlessly use every single advantage they lay hold of at the earliest opportunity.
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

ChrisGrenard wrote:Further questions: Hitting the specials as early as you did: Luck or good guesses or what?
/shrug. Largely irrelevant. Village was blind pretty much the entire game. Course I didn't even bother putting the pieces together until "thursday" so I was blithely ignorant of the situation until then.

Loss of Aram hurt obviously.
Death of Min, meh. her power sucked. (can she tell evil? no. can she tell converted? no)
thom... useless power.
Perrin self outing...
Austin suicides...

think the village was stumbling around much??

---------------------

Bad guys being able to day scan... so they could steal at night: crippling. that's 3 separate thefts at night one being a known target.
Bad guy Night scan of one power users... i.e. "hey where are the good powers..."
Austin

Post by Austin »

Kraegor wrote:Austin suicides...
You were still waiting for the right time? 3 more days, or maybe another week? :lol:
Sean, Minister of KtSP

mipe wrote::) I'm proud of myself. My first game at OO and I got to last day! Also, didn't grund at the beginning say that lassr is evil?

Oh, he pegged me as a bad guy very early on. Problem was, he helped us nail Bubbles, too.

The day after the Grund lynch was probably one of the more dangerous days for us. Except that was the night we stole LIFE, and blasted Bubbles as soon as we possible could. It was still a nail biter waiting for the day to turn. I though for sure Bubbles was going to bust one of us.
Austin

Post by Austin »

And Damn, I'm with Unagi, Scoop just plays looking evil. :P Although at one point I stopped being so convinced on him but held it up for Trig or someone to maybe have a gauge on some people letting me rant on. Going blind is teh suck though - ruins most of the enjoyment for the blinded folks.
Mr Bubbles

Re: 00 - WoT WW Game-Thursday Morning - Gosh, Bakhtosh!

Post by Mr Bubbles »

triggercut wrote:BTW, your badguys this game are (take a bow, fellas):

Unagi, Sean, and Lassr.
Oh man you good guys.. So many bad guys were being mentioned at the end. Had to quote this one, because I thought you would have a chance here. Then Trig second guesses himself, but good post Trig.. too bad you didn't stick with it.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Sean, Minister of KtSP wrote:
mipe wrote::) I'm proud of myself. My first game at OO and I got to last day! Also, didn't grund at the beginning say that lassr is evil?

Oh, he pegged me as a bad guy very early on. Problem was, he helped us nail Bubbles, too.

The day after the Grund lynch was probably one of the more dangerous days for us. Except that was the night we stole LIFE, and blasted Bubbles as soon as we possible could. It was still a nail biter waiting for the day to turn. I though for sure Bubbles was going to bust one of us.
You were my next scan. At that point Lassr and Unagi were under my radar, but I was banging my head when I saw all three of you on one of those last votes. You guys took a lot of chances at the end.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
ChrisGrenard

Re: 00 - WoT WW Game-Thursday Morning - Gosh, Bakhtosh!

Post by ChrisGrenard »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
triggercut wrote:BTW, your badguys this game are (take a bow, fellas):

Unagi, Sean, and Lassr.
Oh man you good guys.. So many bad guys were being mentioned at the end. Had to quote this one, because I thought you would have a chance here. Then Trig second guesses himself, but good post Trig.. too bad you didn't stick with it.
Yeah, trig bounced around so much that day it was hard to take anything he said at face value.

I was shooting damn blind the entire game, having to play just on reactions. Unfortunately, the reactions of many innocents (Say, Scoop) were so far out there that it made the bad guys invisible.

Edit: Oh, and the only time I had any powers was near the end with the owl and then Kelric contacting me. I had zero to go on from that.
I'm special!
Austin

Post by Austin »

Oh and Masons, please set each other up with confirmations. I mean the bad guys might try it too but they don't work so well for bad guys in a game where we aren't blind. You don't have to use them, but at least have them. Had Tosh said something, anywhere that would have confirmed Scoop I would have followed along, convinced of his goodness.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Kraegor wrote:Death of Min, meh. her power sucked. (can she tell evil? no. can she tell converted? no)
If Min found "No Power", then it was either Good or Camo. Why does that suck?
thom... useless power.
Not entirely. Had he been hidden it could have provided one day of No Pet and clean kill of Graendal. Also, prevented Bad Guys from faking Pet.
Bad guys being able to day scan... so they could steal at night: crippling. that's 3 separate thefts at night one being a known target.
Bad guy Night scan of one power users... i.e. "hey where are the good powers..."
The Day Scan only provided the generic name of the item. Unless they had already had the item or someone outed an item, the Darkfriends had no way to know if something was good.

The three thefts part is true, but its amazing how rarely that worked in their favor.
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

Austin wrote:
Kraegor wrote:Austin suicides...
You were still waiting for the right time? 3 more days, or maybe another week? :lol:
heh. I was waiting on triggercut. I needed to hit wormwood/graendal, at the time my math had any other hit as a loss. htf was I sposed to know you and kelric would both change yer minds? my mistake was not in the waiting... it was not coming forward and saying "hey I'm gonna kill someone stop voting"
Sean, Minister of KtSP

Austin wrote:And Damn, I'm with Unagi, Scoop just plays looking evil. :P Although at one point I stopped being so convinced on him but held it up for Trig or someone to maybe have a gauge on some people letting me rant on. Going blind is teh suck though - ruins most of the enjoyment for the blinded folks.
It took me a while to wrap my head around why everybody got so cranky about it. Probably because I was one of those benefiting from the blind lynches. I thought you guys would view it as a challenge. But I get it -- it's crapy and brutal, and you've got nothing to go on.

Although....

If you'd killed Graendal, you would have known immediately. And if you'd lynched Wormwood, you would have known immediately. The only one that wouldn't have provided you with any information would have been Aginor (or a kill of Wormwood).
stessier

Post by stessier »

Austin wrote: Going blind is teh suck though - ruins most of the enjoyment for the blinded folks.
I agree losing Aram stunk, but you weren't completely blind. Two of the Bad Guys would be pretty clear when lynched. And Perrin could scan the dead and let you know if it became important - or share using one of the talking things. Granted, it didn't work out that way because of RL issues, but it was possible.