2024 Fundraising - $1192 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

Ragnarök - Twilight of the Gods - Æsir Victory

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Grundbegriff

Re: Ragnarök - Twilight of the Gods - "Friday Morning"

Post by Grundbegriff »

Arcanis wrote:next time use a baseball bat it will be less painful :shock: and take less time :roll:
:lol:

The farce is strong in this one....

So what's in the queue?
theohall

Post by theohall »

So it seems I was right about Isgrimnur selecting tru1cy to be soulbound due to his quiet nature :) Of course, I was wrong about lots of other stuff - the Kraegor/Bubbles/Lassr thing when I should've pushed to get tru1cy killed. And throwing the hammer early. Oh well. Fun game. Great ruleset. Looking forward to the next one. :D
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Brendan wrote:Having been faking Sigrun for a few days, I've got to say that Sigrun's power doesn't seem like it's particularly useful"
Maybe. I think it all hangs on what Sigrun happens to discover.
Keep in mind that it was very much a choice to make a bunch of specials, but not to make them all that powerful. A few were, a few were not. Additionally, they are their to make groupings for Special 'races' for ravens to uncover (as this game had).
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Fair enough - I just wish I had more dramatic powers to spoof. ;)
purge

Post by purge »

Brendan wrote:Fair enough - I just wish I had more dramatic powers to spoof. ;)

Well, you could always fake Heimdall ... mind you, that would just get you killed.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

For those of you complaining.. it could have been worse... you could have not had a power. Be glad that Grandpa walked to school... in the snow.... up hill..... both ways.... and didn't complain.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Grundbegriff wrote:
purge wrote:I do agree that Heimdall should have the ability to scan for soulbound or scan the dead. Hel is balanced just right.
I think it would even be reasonable to give Heimdall a dual power.

Instead of having the nightly Heimdall scan be one of the two, an every-other-night additional scan for Soulboundies might work:

Monday night: Scan Deader and scan Alfred for Soulbondage
Tuesday night: Scan Deader
Wednesday night: Scan Deader and scan Benicio for Soulbondage
Thursday night: Scan Deader
Friday night: Scan Deader and scan Caroline for Soulbondage
etc....

That would add a margin of additional threat and analysis-fodder: "Is this a night when Heimdall (if alive) might find a Boundie?" would become a relevant question.
The problem with this is that odds are the Soulbound have no method of countering him. The evils get to kill folks to remove the troublesome ones. The Soulbound would just have to sit and pray they don't get scanned. Random odds say they are twice as likely to bite it in the night anyway and almost the same type of odds during the day.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Isgrimnur wrote:Honestly, when I died, I almost welcomed it as I couldn't imagine making a vote at that time would have an appreciable impact or was likely to backfire.
If one of your Chosen had stepped forward while you were alive and had claimed to be Freyja, how would you have responded?

Would you have assumed it was a pro-Vanir tactic and given that person cover?
Or would you have assumed you had accidentally bound Hel and exposed the faker?
I would have observed it amongst the other theories and evidence. It would not have specifically made me believe one way or another. It would have led me to believe that person was a special rather than Einherjar, as I can't see why someone who had nothing to worry about role-wise would spoof someone who had nothing to worry about role-wise. Why spoof someone who is not in exactly the same boat as you are?
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

theohall wrote:So it seems I was right about Isgrimnur selecting tru1cy to be soulbound due to his quiet nature :) Of course, I was wrong about lots of other stuff - the Kraegor/Bubbles/Lassr thing when I should've pushed to get tru1cy killed. And throwing the hammer early. Oh well. Fun game. Great ruleset. Looking forward to the next one. :D
Yes, I would have joined you on the tru1cy vote. The activity was so slow on the last several days that when I went off Bubbles to kraegor to get a reaction from others it was too late then to start a tru1cy wagon. I also knew it would probably mean my death since I then had the lead after withdrawing from Bubbles.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Remus West wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:Instead of having the nightly Heimdall scan be one of the two, an every-other-night additional scan for Soulboundies might work:
The problem with this is that odds are the Soulbound have no method of countering him. The evils get to kill folks to remove the troublesome ones. The Soulbound would just have to sit and pray they don't get scanned.
Easy enough to fix. Allow them a protection on the same nights that Heimdall scans, but require them to protect only one of the pair.
Austin

Post by Austin »

Mr Bubbles wrote:For those of you complaining.. it could have been worse... you could have not had a power. Be glad that Grandpa walked to school... in the snow.... up hill..... both ways.... and didn't complain.
I kind of enjoy being powerless. More freedom, less stress. (lest I crack under the stressier)
stessier

Post by stessier »

Austin wrote:I kind of enjoy being powerless. More freedom, less stress. (lest I crack under the stressier)
:doh:

This is going to be painful, isn't it.

I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Oh, I like that.
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Yeah, that's a winner.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Brendan wrote:Fair enough - I just wish I had more dramatic powers to spoof. ;)
:evil:

Or someone to contest them?

Hates you, hates you forever we does!!
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Unagi wrote:Do we have a new term for when a Good-guy doesn't follow a Good-guy plan...

He's Chaosprayen ?

:shock:

:oops:

To be fair they have to be obsessing over something rather than paying attention to what they should be doing.

Did I ever actually respond to that discussion about the prayer in the game?
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
theohall

Post by theohall »

Chaosraven wrote:
Unagi wrote:Do we have a new term for when a Good-guy doesn't follow a Good-guy plan...

He's Chaosprayen ?

:shock:

:oops:

To be fair they have to be obsessing over something rather than paying attention to what they should be doing.

Did I ever actually respond to that discussion about the prayer in the game?
I don't believe so, because you died too early to respond, which was the crux of the problem later.
Unagi

Re: Ragnarök - Twilight of the Gods - Æsir Victory

Post by Unagi »

The Lost Tales of Ragnarök

Einherjar Start of Game:
The illusion is complete, of the fifteen other Einherjar you just saw, you don't recognize a single one of them.

You look into the reflection on your sword and don't even recognize yourself.

This is going to be a rought road, and you know it will ultimately be up to the Einherjar to exhibit the wisdom to not only uncover the Jötnar but instill trust from the others.

First things first, though.

You begin to collect some near-by stones and build a curved wall at the base of a much large boulder. While the mist is thick like this, this wall should keep you relatively safe, as it will reduce the area you'll need to defend from a sneak attack.

The Story of Einherjar Two (Lassr)

The Death of Lassr:
This flow was a strange one as the hunt for the last Jötunn was suspended in an attempt to find the Soul-bound.

You did your best and made you case but in the end, you were chosen to be tested.

Part of you was ready to leave this mist no matter the result, the rest of you knew this will only put the Æsir one step away from total defeat. How did it come down to this.

As your executioners approached, you accepted your fate and gave no resistance...

You are dead.

The Story of Einherjar Four (Mikagami)

The Death of Mikagami:
Fenrir's sudden appearance really caught you off guard and that has really bothered you.

This mist has drained you mentally and you know if it was not for the swift actions of others, Fenrir may very well have gotten to more than just one of you.

When Fenrir broke your sword, for a moment you thought he might just kill everyone.

You look down at the sword you took from the fallen Chaosraven, it's no where near as sharp as you like, so you sit down to sharpen it.

You begin to work on the blade when a small lizard darts into your camp.

At first you think nothing of it. But suddenly you realize how out of place any living thing is in this valley of death and you jump up to see where it went.

You turn just in time to see it dart under a pile of large boulders you made your camp next to.

You get down on your chest and look into the cracks for this lizard.

You actually start to ask yourself, "What exactly am I doing here on the ground looking for a lizard?" when you hear the chalky sound of stone on stone above you.

You twist your head up just in time to see the entire pile of boulders crash down on you.

You aren't knocked out, but the weight of the boulders is compressing your chest so hard you begin to gasp for a breath.

Unable to draw in air you panic and thrust with all your might... a might that dies quickly without any oxygen to fuel it.

You hear someone chuckle as the world goes dark.

You are dead.

The Story of Einherjar Five (Remus West)

The Death of Remus West:

You aren't even sure you feel like defending yourself as you watch the hammer approach you. You raise your shield more out of instinct than out of a desire to stay alive.

Hot DAMN! that hurt though! :shock:

You are dead.

The Story of Einherjar Six (tru1cy)

Soul Bound !!!:
As you and the rest of the "Einherjar" walk away from each other to make camp, you feel a sudden clarity.

You've decided, there has been a change in plan.
You have a new priority, Jötunn... Æsir... none of that seems to mater any more.
The Einherjar from the House of Arcanis, what ever he really is... it's clear to you now and you don't know why it took you so long...

It's about him. You and him are the keys to the future, and you can feel it in your soul. If anything ever happens to him - your whole world would end.

The Death of tru1cy:
You sit back in your camp a little concerned about the state of affairs as you lean back and wait for this still to expire.

Time goes fast while you invision your future in the new world with Arcanis. The images truly lift your spirits.

You are startled out of you day dream by a very faint metalic sound.

You look about the mist, but see only whiteness.

Backing up, you try and position yourself against a boulder - when you step on something softer than a rock...

"Ouch, that's my foot" say's a voice from behind you.

You begin to turn but are stopped by an enormous pain in your back and chest.

Before the world starts to go dark, you look down at yourself and see a broken sword blade sticking out of your chest.

You are dead.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

The Story of Freyja

Game Start:
As the group of Einherjar all depart to make their private camps out in the mist - you have a thought.

This fighting is driving you nuts and you know everyone will soon start cuting eachother apart again.

It's time you remembered who you are.

This is Ragnarök.

The world will end, but it will also renew.

The Vanir will be there, and you will start here right now.

You will put an end to this battle and begin the new world.

You look across all of the Einherjar and select two of them.

You will bind them, and they will be your champions in this bid for the new world.

Well, it's worth a try.

Soul Bound !!!:
With a spark in your eye, you look to the Einherjar from the house of Arcanis and the Einherjar from the house of tru1cy and whisper the word 'bound'.
There is no crack of thunder or flash of light... but you see these two look back at one another and know your job is done.

The Death of Freyja:
Same drill, each Still....

You stand with your back against a large rock you built your camp around.

Your sword drawn, you look out into the white air and listen for any signs of an intruder.

You feel pretty good about your Champion's of Nature and feel you may just pull this off.

Suddenly you are startled by the appearance of a raven that just descended into your camp, landing on a rock by your side.

You heart nearly jumped out of your chest at first, but you quickly realize this must be one of Odin's ravens.

You lower your sword and approach the bird.

"Hey little guy... did Odin send you?" you ask the raven while you hold out your arm for him to perch.

The raven jumps up onto your outstretched arm, and you draw your arm up to get a better look.

"Which one are you? Huginn? Muninn?"

You look deep into his eyes and say, "You go tell Odin this camp is free of Jötnar, OK?"

With that, the raven leans his head in toward you, almost as if to speak softly.

You lean your head in, a little confused.

Before you can even flinch your arm away, the raven lunges at your eye.

You are racked with pain and a split instant later, an enourmous weight is pressing down on your head and shoulders.

You scream out in agony and terror as you crumble to the ground, there is a man standing over you, actually more ON you, and your eye socket is oozing blood.

Suddenly your feel a sharp pain at your throat and your scream is silenced... but you still feel the pain.

For what seems like an eternity you lay there being cut and kicked.

Finally you drift off into a darkness that feels no pain.

Finally.

You are dead.

The Story of Sigrdrifa

Game Start:
Your duty is to Odin and the Æsir and you feel caught off guard.

You hastily make your camp, frustrated that you can neither protect the great Gods nor attack the wicked Jötnar.

You try and think of a way to disrupt the Jötnar

The Death of Sigrdrifa:
You look at your camp and decide to make a few improvements. There is no shortage of stone in this valley, and you begin to make a small wall on an exposed side.

Suddenly you get the feeling there is someone standing directly behind you.

You can almost feel their breath on your neck, but you are certain there was nobody there only a split second ago.

You turn on your heal and see an Einherjar standing less than two feet in front of you, with what appears to be a large........ nope.

You couldn't quite make it out.

Your whole world goes black.

You are dead.

The Story of Sigrun

Game Start:
These Einherjar are your men.

You hand picked these slain warriors from their Midgard battlefields, you've trained and groomed them in Valhalla for ages.

You are not fooled as much as the others in this illusion. Einherjar are what you know, you know what to look for.

You decide to use this mist as cover and do some observations if you can. First, you make a quick camp by a large boulder.

Sunday Night Scan:
You quickly dart off in the direction that you saw this "Einherjar" , apparently from the "House of Grundbegriff", go.

It goes without saying this Einherjar isn't actually from the "House of Grundbegriff" as any true Einherjar simply wear the mark of Valhalla. Nothing else.

This however isn't going to help you discern a thing, as you yourelf are apparently from the "House of Chaosraven".... absurd.

You work your way through the crags and boulders being very careful to avoid all detection. You are really running a great risk right now, as you could easily be ambushed by Jötnar.

You huddle behind a large rock and observe this "Einherjar" as he makes his camp, looking for any signs of Einherjar authenticity.

Alas, nothing stands out just now, not from this distance...

You decide to go in for a closer look when you see Grundbegriff look up in your direction... He hasn't seen you, in fact you are pretty sure he thinks it was nothing... but you don't want to push it.
You are not about to be caught like this...

You slowly move back away from his camp and return to your own.

Perhaps you will have better luck tomorrow.

The Death of Sigrun:
Technically your neck snapped before your body snapped off, so you never really felt a thing beyond the first snap. You were in quite a bit of pain for the 8 seconds that preceeded that though.

You are dead.

The Story of Heimdall

Game Start:
"So", you think to yourself, "this is how the end will be decided is it?"

While you haven't the brute strength of Thor nor the apparent "wisdom" of Odin, you are quite sure your keen senses will prove more valuable in this final battle of wits.

If only you could get a little private time with one of these "Einherjar", you are certain you could figure out who they really are... but how will you convince someone to sit still and be inspected, how indeed.

Monday Night Scan:
You have one strong advantage over everyone in this valley, your increadible sense of smell, sight, and sound.

For eons you've used your keen senses to protect the Bifrost Bridge, always listening and searching for early signs of any unannounced travellers.

While everyone else looks out at each other and can only see the illusion that Loki has weaved into the mist, you are not limited to the sights and sounds presented in this valley.

During the first still, you sat and listened and looked into to the horizons and discovered that you could actually gaze into Niflheim itself.

The mist and its illusion are absent there, and additionally, the dead spirits are visible to the living there.

If you can just keep track of these fallen "Einherjar", you could perhaps watch for their arrival in the netherworld.

You remember the Einherjar from the House of Austin. He had a very unique footfall (but to you, everyone does).

You listen into the valley, past the mists - and you listen for this footfall.

About half an hour passes, and you can't seem to find it...

You begin to wonder if the dead are still even reporting to Niflheim when, at last, you hear the sounds you were searching for.

You quickly turn and look down the valley, through all the mist, past boulders and deep fissures, past the very gates of Niflhelm... and that's when you see her.
She takes a few steps and you are sure this is the "Einherjar" from the house of Austin that was killed during the first still.

You watch for a while, when finally she turns in your direction.

It is Sigrdrifa walking among the other dead, lost and clearly a bit frightened.

The Death of Heimdall:
It is with great frustration that you meet your final demise. You can only hope that your death brings some clarity to your arguments. The mob of Einherjar descends upon you. You wince as you feel the blades pierce your skin, but it is over quick enough.

You are dead.

The Story of Thor

Game Start:
You are not easily shaken, but you must admit this sudden illusion and subsequent break up of your group has really turned you around.

As you walk off to make your own secure camp, you reach down habitually to touch your hammer, Mjöllnir.

Son of a Hellhound!!!

It's gone!

It's GONE !!!

You look to your belt, and instead of your mighty hammer - you see the sword of an Einherjar strapped to your waste.

This is not good at all. You wonder when or where you could have dropped it.

You abandon the construction of your secure camp and decide to head back out and find your hammer.

You look up and haven't a clue where to begin, the mist is far too thick. You'll never find your hammer or find your way back if you try.

You grumble and promise to look for it when the winds pick up again. For now, you just build your camp, all the while cursing yourself for being so careless with the hammer.

Monday Night:
Mjöllnir is still missing.

You had absolutely no time to look for it today, and you are quite certain it will be just as hard if not harder to excuse yourself away tomorrow.

You are filled with rage and frustration as you can't imagine how you managed to misplace your beloved Hammer in the first place.

You kick a stone hard as you approach your site, it shatters when it hits the large boulder that forms the back wall of your camp.

You take the sword from your waste band and hurle it at the boulder as well.

You can hardly believe your eyes when the sword arcs away at the last second and returns to your hand.

You look closely at the sword... you feel the weight of it in your hand.

You lift it back and toss it with purpose straight at the boulder again.

Again it arcs away at the last moment and comes back to your waiting outstretched hand.

You chuckle as you put things together.

You never lost Mjöllnir. You have had it this whole time...

You feel like such a frost giant.

You let out a deep sigh of relief. It's good to know that your hammer is right here if you need to use it, and you expect you will.

You spend the rest of the Still talking to Mjöllnir.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

The Story of Frigga

Game Start:
This is not good. You rush off to make a secure camp for yourself but feel very vulnerable.

Odin is out there somewhere, and so is Loki. Oh how your blood burns when you think of Loki. You will never forgive him for the death of your son, Baldr.

You remind yourself that you need to be very careful.

Perhaps you can extend protection to one of your own, oh but if they only knew to ask for it - for you cannot grant that which isn't requested.

Monday Prayers:
As you leave the clearing and move away from the others, you hear a sudden rush of prayers, as if they were all bottled up and then suddenly released.

You've experienced that before, while being in the company of Jötnar... It's as if the prayers wait for you to be free of the Jötnar's watchful gaze to make themselves known to you.

In any case, what does strikes you as odd, is how Loki's illusion still seems to effect the imagery of the prayers.

Perhaps Loki's illusion works not just visually through the mist, but mentally as well.

There were seven cries for protection, they came to you all at once like a braided thread.

stessier prays for protection.
theohall prays for protection.
Arcanis prays for protection.
Scoop20906 prays for protection.
Purge prays for protection.
Isgrimnur prays for protection.
Brendan prays for protection.

In your day, you could protect entire armies. In this valley, in this dead mist, you are able to concentrate on only one of these Einherjar.

You run through all the names so as not to forget them... your mind is racing everywhere. The fight with Fenrir was a shocking reminder of what you're up against.
You run through all the names and think back to the events of the day. You try to decide which one, if any, you want to protect tonight.

Tuesday Prayers:
As you leave the group of Einherjar behind you, you are hit again with another string of prayers...

theohall prays for protection.
stessier prays for Isgrimnur's protection
Arcanis prays for protection.
Purge prays for protection.

Your head is filled with a fog and you find it hard to focus.

Who, if any of these, deserves to be answered?

The Death of Frigga:
You resolve yourself to provide protection to the Einherjar from the House of Theohall tonight.

He is clearly Thor and is perhaps the most likely target of the night, if not the more obvious choice... you.

You sit, legs crossed with your eyes closed in the middle of your camp.

In your outstreched hand you have a large pebble, to help you focus.

You are focusing on Theohall, but you can hear something, someone clearly, sneaking into your camp.

Who ever it is, they aren't very sneaky.

You hear the intruder launch into the air and you pull your hands back just as an Einherjar tries to snatch the pebble from your hand.

"Not fast enough", you say.

"That's not the rock I was after." he replies.

As he gains his balance and rights himself, you try and make out what House this Einherjar is labelled with.

Before you can even focus you see a flash of white and a fall to the ground. Your head burns with pain and you begin to pass out.

You feel someone take Theohall from your hand. No, wait - the pebble... of course... not Theohall.

Fun.

As you drift into a deep dark black.... you think you hear someone singsong, "I got it".

You are dead.

The Story of Odin

Game Start:
As you watch this group of "Einherjar" walk off to make their camps, you start to wonder if it was a mistake to have followed Loki into this valley.

You turn and head off to make your own camp when a thankfully familiar image reaches your eyes.

It's Huginn and Muninn and they apparently have no trouble knowing that you are you.

You breath out a sigh of relief as you put your arm forward for them both to perch on.

"I'm going to need your help my dear friends."

They both cock and bob their heads in understanding.

Soul Bound !!!:
As you and the rest of the "Einherjar" walk away from each other to make camp, you feel a sudden clarity.

You've decided, there has been a change in plan.
You have a new priority, Jötunn... Æsir... none of that seems to mater any more.
The Einherjar from the House of Tru1cy, what ever he really is... it's clear to you now and you don't know why it took you so long...

It's about him. You and him are the keys to the future, and you can feel it in your soul. If anything ever happens to him - your whole world would end.

Sunday Night Scan:
Huginn and Muninn have served you for ages and you know they will come through for you once again.

You sit in your camp with your back against a huge boulder as you watch the white void for any sign of their return.

It seems like forever since you sent them out, so you are delighted to see them both return.

You finally release a breath you don't even remember drawing.

Huginn lands on a large rock at your right and Muninn lands on your left shoulder.

Huginn's head bobs up and down as Muninn whispers into your ear.

The Einherjar from the House of Chaosraven is actually a Valkyrie, of this they are certain.

You thank them both for their help, and remind them to keep well hidden...

With that, they both fly off into the mist.

Monday Night Scan:
You call out to your two ravens the moment you get back to your camp.

They were obviously waiting for you, as they emerge from the emptyness within seconds.

"I want you to fly to the camp where the Einherjar from the House of Remus West is. Watch him and tell me what he is"

With a rush of air, both birds fly off and you sit and wait, running through the events of the day...

Your thoughts shift to the Einherjar from the house of Tru1cy. You can't wait to forge a new world with his help.

Time goes fast while you invision your future in the new world with Tru1cy. The images truly lift your spirits.

You are startled out of your day dream by some muffled noise way off in the distance.

You look about the mist, but see only whiteness.

You watch the sky and are happy to see both Huginn and Muninn return.

Both of them land on a small boulder. Huginn hops up to your shoulder while Muninn preens himself.

"We are certain", whispers Huginn, "the Einherjar from the House of Remus West is truly an Einherjar."

You nod and tell them both to stay clear of trouble.

You look out into the white and feel a weak breeze on your cheek.

Tuesday Night Scan:
".... the Einherjar from the House of Brendan.", you finish telling Huginn and Muninn.

They fly off into the white sky and you sit down and watch for any sign of intruders.

The still is mostly silent, with just the normal pops and cracks of rocks settling in the valley but unsettling your nerves.

A couple hours pass and you begin to worry when finally you see a darkening blur in the sky appear. Its Muninn and Huginn is surely soon to follow. You watch the sky behind Muninn, but there is only the white dead air.

Muninn lands on a rock, and looks down to the earth and doesn't look up.

You don't need Muninn to tell you.

Huginn is dead, you know that.

And you know that would make the "Einherjar" from the House of Brendan a Jötunn.

Wednesday Night Scan:
You look at Muninn when you return to your camp and sadness comes over you.

After tru1cy, these two birds were the most important things to you... Agents of Nature. Your agents of Nature.

Frigga, and your love for her, seem so distant and strange.

You think of how she protected man, and how man conquered the land and sea - and you actually can't go on thinking about it.

The land and the sea were not meant to be conquered or controlled. You litterally can not even remember your own role in all of it. In your thoughts, now this very moment, you are and have always been a god of Nature.

It is a great weight off your shoulders to know that Muninn will return tonight.

"The Einherjar from the House of Isgrimnur" you say to Muninn.

He looks up and streches his wings, and then stares at you.

"Don't worry. He's not a Jötunn", you assure him.

With that, he flies off into the blank white air.

You position yourself for a long wait, and sit back listening for any signs of intruders.

Not one hour passes when your sentry is broken by the sounds of Muninn's wings.

A smile comes to your face.

Muninn lands on your outstretched arm and there is something in his beak.

You can hardly believe your eyes.

It's beautiful.

A tiny little white flower.

The future.

This came from the camp of a Vanir.

Thursday Night Scan:
As you arrive in your camp, Muninn flies down and lands on your outstretched arm.

"It shouldn't be long now Muninn, it's almost over."

Munnin looks at you with his head turned, ready for his assignment.

"Please give the Einherjar from the house of Krægor a visit tonight."

Munnin flies off into the white sky and you stand guard waiting for his return.

It doesn't take as long as you remember the previous visits, but perhaps you are just growing used to the wait.

Eventually you hear the beating wings followed by the image of Munnin in the air.

Happy to be alive, Munnin give a soft 'caw' and signals to you that the Einherjar from the house of Krægor is actually an Einherjar.

"I figured as much..."

You sit back in your camp dreaming of the future, and how you and Tru1cy will be the two that forge the new world.

Eyes closed, with a big smile you just sit back and soak in the warmth from the imagery.

Suddenly you are over come by the most intense feeling of dread and doom.

Tears well up in your eyes and you are over come with sadness and hopelessness.

You feel your gut reject life and without a single thought, you draw your own sword and bury it in your stomach.

"no..."

"no..."

Are the only words that come to your mouth as you watch the world slip away.

You are dead... and by your own hand, at that!

The Story of Fenrir

Game Start:
Hunt... kill...

The Death of Fenrir:
It felt really good to do that... You were a little upset you couldn't have killed Sigrdrifa too. You were happy when you died... the taste of Sigrun in your mouth was very very sweet.

The Story of Hel

Game Start:
Your father, Loki, is indeed a master of illusion. While you stood there looking at the baffled group of "Einherjar", you could easily pick out Loki and Fenrir. Sadly, the identity of the others were totally masked, even to you.

"This should be interesting..." you think to yourself.

You walk off to make your camp like the others, but you'll be meeting up with your father and brother soon enough.

Sunday Night Scan:
You have positioned your camp downhill from the rest. The dead will pass here on their way to Niflheim.

And so it is...

What's this?

It would appear as though a Valkyrie named Sigrdrifa needs passage to the land of the dead.

This must have been the Einherjar from the House of Austin.

Poor dear, she is a mess.

Monday Night Scan:
Back at your camp you relax and watch the beautiful mists float in the air as the stark backdrop of stone and earth pop in and out of view.
You close your eyes and draw in a deep breath, the smell of death in this valley brings a smile to your face.

Finally, from the whiteness, two dark shadows take form as they draw nearer. Sigrun, as pale as can be first comes into view. You can see a huge dog walking behind her.

As before, there is a vapor-like echo following them both.

In Sigrun's case, a ghostly Einherjar from the House of Chaosraven trails her step by step.

Behind Fenrir is the very strange image of Scoop20906, walking on all fours - perfectly trailing the gait of the great wolf - it would look almost comical if you didn't know it was just the echo of an old illusion.

They both slowly walk by you, continuing their methodic trek to Niflheim, oblivious to your presence.

You must admit, you feel a little unappreciated here.

You lean back and wait again...

About an hour goes by and your rest is broken by not just footfalls, but frantic breathing...

You open your eyes and see a poor Einherjar walking, gasping for breath. You shake your head with a small smile on your lips... Just what did Loki do to this poor soul.

As the Einherjar walks past, breathless, you see the ghostly presence of his illusion trailing him... This Einherjar was the Einherjar from the House of Mikagami.

Tuesday Night Scan:
Perched upon your rock, you wait for Remus West to appear on the path that leads down the valley.

When he does, his face looks much worse than you remember Sigrdrifa's did... Mjöllnir really did a number on this guy.

Behind this shattered Einherjar, walks the ghostly illusion of the Einherjar from the House of Remus West.

It's clear that Remus West was just another foot soldier in Odin's little army.

You go back to your rock by the path and wait for Loki's target to stroll by.

About an hour passes, when Loki himself comes to your camp and asks if you would like tonight's honors.

You leap to your feet, "Would I !?"

Without even looking back, you run off to Grundbegriff's camp

- - - - -

You find Grundbegriff sitting with his legs crossed in the middle of his camp, eyes closed.

You sneak up behind him and see a large pebble in his outstretched hand.

A big smile comes to your face as you leap forward to grab the pebble, but you are too slow.

Grundbegriff pulls his hand away at the last second, and looks at you. "Not fast enough", he says.

"That's not the rock I was after." you lie, as you swing your arm from around your back.

With a one fast blow, you hit Grundbegriff's head with a large rock you managed to fall next to.

Grundbegriff falls to the ground, dying but not dead.

As the blood streams from the huge cut in his head, you take the stone from his hand and look at it in your own.

"I got it", you singsong.

Standing there over his dying body, you wait... rolling the stone around in your hand.

A few minutes pass, and then you finally watch the spirit of Frigga pull away from the illusion as she picks herself up, tugs her skirt straight, and pulls her braids back down.

The illusion of the Einherjar from the House of Grundbegriff quickly mirrored her actions, but with nothing to tug nor pull, and then shadowed Frigga down the valley.

The Death of Hel:
You are thrilled when the group finally decides to send you back home.

You've missed Niflheim quite a bit, and hope it's still the place you remember. The fate's do speak of the destruction of Niflheim by the end of Ragnarök, so it would be nice to see it one last time.

Their treatment of you is not kind. The blow to the gut by tru1cy really hurt much more than you let on.

Removing your ear was strange... what is it with that guy?

You were happy when Thor stepped up and cut your throat...

Perhaps worst of all was that last feeling you had, of involuntarily wiggling your legs... What the heck was that?

Hey !! Wait, are they playing with your corpse!?

You are dead.

The Story of Loki

Game Start:
You have to keep yourself from chuckling as all the "Einherjar" spread out into the mist to make their camps. While it was not your suggestion to break during the still, it should serve your purposes just fine.

You'll make your camp, but you won't be spending much time there... You've got a few things you want to accomplish before the wind picks back up.

For starters, one of these Æsir will not last the night, but which one should you start with. Also, you plan to do a little reconnaissance and see if you can glimpse under the covers of your own illusions to see who is who.

Sunday Night:

>>pop<<

If anyone was watching you, they would swear you just vanished.

Of course, if they were paying careful attention, they would realize that you simply morphed into a small lizard, one of your favorite forms.

The illusion you have cast on the mist is strong and even you are effected by it. Effected, but not entirely at it's mercy. You only need some time alone with another - some time to really stare, and you can see through it.

As you scurry across the rocky floor of the barren valley, you make your way to the small camp made by the Einherjar with the coat of arms from the "House of Chaosraven".

You concentrate on his face for quite a while. The illusion is strong, but ever so slowly - it begins to slip away from your eyes.

A smile comes to your little lizard mouth as the face of Sigrun comes into clear focus.

You look about you and realize that a very, very slight breeze has just started to picked up.

The still is ending and you are running out of time...

- - - -

Now to do a little dirty work...

You and your fellow Jötnar have decided to eliminate the Einherjar from the House of Austin tonight, and you will need to make quick work of it.

Finding his camp took a bit longer than you had expected.

Still in lizard form, you run behind Austin and find a nice sized rock.

>>pop<<

You return to full form, with rock in raised hand.

Austin spins around and you are pretty sure his eyes had just managed to focus on your face before the rock split his head open.

>>pop<<

You quickly return to lizard form and rush back to your camp quite satisfied.

Monday Night:
You were foolish last night by not making your kill the top priority. While it's nice to learn exactly which Æsir is under which mask - your priority is to kill them all.

>>pop<<

Ahhh.. yeah - this is more like it. Lizards are remarkably fast and stealthy...

You dart off to the camp of the Einherjar from the House of Mikagami.

As you approach, you see him sharpening a sword... behind him is an enormous pile of boulders, almost a wall.

He clearly picked this spot for the protection that wall would provide. That was a mistake.

You run into his camp being sure to catch his eye.

You follow the wall until you are behind him, and dart into the spaces between the rocks.

He saw you, just as you had hoped - and he's going to make it real easy for you.

The Einherjar from the House of Mikagami actually crawls onto the floor to look for you.

You continue squirming through the wall and exit on the other side...

Yeah, the lizard is by far your favorite form...

>>pop<<

Mikagami is still on the ground when you give a Jötunn's heave against the wall and send it crashing down upon him.

His legs give a spastic kick or two as he runs out of air.

Your work is done here, Hel will be seeing this one soon enough.

Now, on to the big reveal...

You had discussed with Hel that you both want to learn who is beind the mask of the House of Kraegor, so you head off directly to his camp.

>>pop<<

Kraegor is there, meditating you believe... Which is good - you should be able to brush aside the illusion that much easier.

You stare into his face from a safe distance for what feels like half an hour. Eventually the illusion begins to clear and another face starts to form.

Behind the face of the Einherjar is, alas, just the face of another Einherjar. This one, heavily scarred and obviously very battle hardened. A good man, but obviously not Æsir.

Tuesday Night:
This still you decide to change things up a little and give Hel a chance to spill a bit of blood.

You head off down into the valley a little ways, where Hel has made her camp.

As you approach, Hel springs up from a rock she was sitting on.

"How would you like to perform the honors this still my dear daughter?", you ask as you approach her.

"Would I !?"

You don't even have time to wish her luck before she bounds off in the direction of Grundbegriff's campsite.

You laugh, remembering Hel as a small girl... always killing stuff.

>>pop<<

You head over to Isgrimnur's camp. The whole concept of the Vanir as your enemy has been the last thing on your mind, but when he declared that he was Freyja, it made you remember just how brutal Nature can be, and how you are not only up against the Æsir.

You scurry near his camp and watch him as he looks out for intruders.

You sit, and you watch.

Almost an hour goes by when finally the illusion starts to drift away from his face.

The Einherjar from the House of Isgrimnur is indeed Freyja.

Without any more wasted time you scurry back to your camp.

>>pop<<

Back in your camp you return to your Einherjar form and are shocked to hear the sound of feathers beating in the air.
You turn around and see two ravens that were obviously waiting in your camp for you to return and they most certainly just watched you transform.

You leap into the air at both birds but sadly land with just one.

You give it absolutely no thought. You tear the bird in two and quickly look up to find the other... Too late.

You hide the remains of the bird in a crack in the earth.

Covering the crack with a large stone, you try and wipe your hands clean of blood in the dirt and dust...

Wednesday Night:
This was not your favorite day.

Somehow, while the loss of Fenrir was tragic and hard to behold, you had prepared yourself for it.

Fenrir's death was prophesized so long ago that even Fenrir came into this valley ready to die... but not Hel.

Hel was your baby girl. Your little one.

Watching her get tortured like that nearly made you give up this 'trick' and just try and take as many of them with you while you could.

You will exact your revenge tonight.

>>pop<<

You turn yourself into a raven, and head off into the air, toward the camp of Isgrimnur.

You fly overhead and see him standing with his back up against a large rock - his sword drawn, obviously watching for any signs of trouble.

You descend down toward his camp and land on a rock just a few feet away.

Isgrimnur looks startled at first, but then he lowers his sword and approaches you.

"Hey little guy... did Odin send you?", a smile comes to his face and he puts his arm out for you to perch.

You jump from the rock and land on his arm.

"Which one are you? Huginn? Muninn?"

You look into his eyes, and he looks at yours.

"You go tell Odin this camp is free of Jötnar, OK?"

You lean your head in toward his.

He's confused and leans his head in toward yours.

With a swift thrust - you pluck his eye out from it's socket and the Einherjar screams out in pain as you leap into his face, talons first

>>pop<<

The full weight of your human form is now upon his shoulders and he collapses to the ground, still screaming.

You take his sword from the ground and quickly cut his throat, just to shut him up.

You spend the next ten minutes torturing Isgrimnur in the same manner Hel was tortured today, but worse - far worse.

When his body stops flinching to your cuts and blows, you stop and toss his sword down on the ground next to him.

That felt good.

>>pop<<

You turn back into a lizard to finish up your chores... You've still got a few people you'd like to unmask, and Arcanis is first on the list.

You scurry over to Arcanis' camp and wait and watch. Arcanis is also waiting and watching, but he doesn't see the tiny lizard in the rocks, he seems to be focused on the sky.

In time, the illusion fades from his face, and you see the face of Odin revealed.

Wasting no more time, you hurry back to your camp.

You've got a big flow ahead of you.

Thursday Night:
You pondered your choices and didn't really like any of them.

While you still love Hel, you can't help but curse her foolish attempt to play 'Odin'.

You clear your head and decide to just get this over with.

Before you leave your camp, you pick up the sword that Fenrir broke as he fought off his attackers... "This should send a message." you say under your breath.

>>pop<<

You turn into a lizard and dart off in the direction of tru1cy's camp, and arrive to find him lost in some day dream.

You position yourself by a large boulder, behind him.

>>pop<<

Back in Einherjar form, you carefully take the broken blade from your belt.

The faint metalic sound breaks tru1cy out of his day dream and he pops up in alarm.

His sword drawn, he is looking out into the white as he slowly backs up toward the boulder you are standing at.

"Ouch, that's my foot!", you say when he steps back onto your toe.

Before he can turn around, you thrust the broken blade into his back and just barely out through his chest.

Without a sound, he falls to the ground.

>>pop<<

You return to lizard form and head off toward the camp of Theohall.

Your expectations seem to actually quicken the pace of the reveal, as it only takes minutes for the illusion to be lifted and for Thor's face to come into clear focus.

Without another minute wasted, you hurry back to your camp and ready yourself for... well, for anything.

>>pop<<

...the enda Image
purge

Post by purge »

:pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop:

:wub:
I would like to apologize to anyone I have not offended.
Please be patient - I will get to you shortly.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Sorry I am checking in late here. Was on a vacation of my own.

Congrats to Unagi on a terrific set of rulez and a great job modding them. As I said before, there was a ton of polish on this game and the inclusion of the third team helped increase the drama/excitement.

Even though evil didn't win, I have to give brendan credit for handling himself well after both Stess and myself got taken out so easily.

I do think we need to revisit the hard deadlines for votes. I have had hard deadlines for orders but never for votes. In this game, I think it forced the vote and gave people incentive to NOT vote instead of voting. I think a soft (and unknown) deadline would be a better change but thats my preference and certainly I would play in any type of game since I am an official WW addict.

I am working on a rulez set currently that steals from all past games but unfortunately working a relationships has made it difficult to find the time to devote to it. However, I play to have so announcement soon once I find the right setting and balance for the rulez. Unagi, I am stealing your third team idea with the tweaks and make your birds as well. That was genius!
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
theohall

Post by theohall »

I forgot one big thanks.

THANKS, Brendan! for selecting tru1cy at the end which sealed the victory for the Aesir. Had you not selected tru1cy, the Vanir would probably have won. Sorry it didn't work out so well for your Jotunn, especially given the challenging hand dealt them.
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

You should read the Jotnar forum - I was aware that the only way I could guarantee a loss was if I selected someone soulbound to Arcanis. I guess I'm just lucky. ;)

I actually considered killing no one.

:cry:
purge

Post by purge »

Brendan wrote:You should read the Jotnar forum - I was aware that the only way I could guarantee a loss was if I selected someone soulbound to Arcanis. I guess I'm just lucky. ;)

I actually considered killing no one.

Then you could have spoofed Frigga too. ;)
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

"Funny - I just realized I've been badly misspelling Frigga this whole time. It's because the Sigrun key is right next to the other one. Crazy, huh?"
purge

Post by purge »

Coulda fooled Thor. ;)

I keed, I keed. :D
purge

Post by purge »

Brendan,

I thought you should have killed Theohall that last night; he was the only one proven "good". That meant that Arcanis was still on the chopping block, and anyone else could have been Joetunn.

Who did you think the other SB was (and obviously not tru1cy)?
theohall

Post by theohall »

purge wrote:Brendan,

I thought you should have killed Theohall that last night; he was the only one proven "good". That meant that Arcanis was still on the chopping block, and anyone else could have been Joetunn.

That would have been interesting - even if I were dead :)
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

purge wrote:Brendan,

I actually thought Lassr probably was - I wasn't worried about hitting a soulbound, as the end result the following day was almost certainly the same for me (WITH THE CAVEAT THAT ARCANIS COULDN'T BE THE SOULBOUND).

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

If I had voted for Tru1cy, would that have made people likely to believe that he was or was not SB? Lassr (who was an early thought on my selection)? Kraegor?
theohall

Post by theohall »

Isgrimnur wrote:If I had voted for Tru1cy, would that have made people likely to believe that he was or was not SB? Lassr (who was an early thought on my selection)? Kraegor?
Had you voted for tru1cy, I probably wouldn't have suspected him at all. It seemed like a small block, which included you prior to your death, kept voting together and had you voted against someone from that block - who knows?
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

Isgrimnur wrote:If I had voted for Tru1cy, would that have made people likely to believe that he was or was not SB? Lassr (who was an early thought on my selection)? Kraegor?
I gave you the benefit of the doubt. i.e. not an idiot
Therefore any action you took was an attempt at obfuscation, thus no point in giving it any merit. your vote or lack thereof would have had no influence on me.

if I spent my time going, oh gee did Isgrimnur just make a mistake?? That's just a waste of time. Was it a mistake to conceal or divulge? Logic swings both ways. Thus... irrelevant.

your mistake was in divulging your role and after divulging it playing the role of "above it all". You made yourself moot, in my tactical analysis. Had you altered either of those choices (not self outted or acted more involved with voting/analysis), you would have then possibly been able to influence me indirectly.

One can "out" early on and then completely screw up perceptions by how you behave. The remuscide game with LordMortis as the Sorceror is an example of how to obfuscate in such a manner while not being on the side of the good guys (whether it was intentional or not his foggy behavior did have an impact on the village's behavior, imo, and they knew he was evil from day 1)
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

That's pretty near where my thought processes wound up. There was nothing on the table that could be granted me to incite me to give up the Soulbound. As I stated earlier, once the game started I became an unpowered with a bit more information than others. A thing is worth only what others are willing to exchange it for, which in this case was nothing. There was no protection left, and even so, that the protection would be worth the information was not a good deal for me.

My best bet was to probably play in the traffic enough to not get poked but not enough to raise any suspicions and maintain the veneer of an Einherjar and pray no one scans me.
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

Isgrimnur wrote: My best bet was to probably play in the traffic enough to not get poked but not enough to raise any suspicions and maintain the veneer of an Einherjar and pray no one scans me.
/shrug. hard to say. in the end it's one of those things where it depends on how ya play it and how the wind is blowing.

My own concept would have been to mildly attach myself to someone (pure happenstance!) and if my creations start getting into trouble... perhaps make myself a bit more obvious... nudge nudge... i.e. swap a lynch of them for me. I'm not freya, I'm sb! re: clues here! get's me killed.... might get the person i was being subtly active towards lynched afterwards if one of the analytical types picked up the bait...

it's a subversive role, imo, you want the suspicion while avoiding the scan.