[Vampire] Jiffy was dessert.

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

apparently Pr0ner's stash of garlic did not keep him safe. Which of you dastardly devils did 'da dispicable deed?
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."--George Orwell
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Ay Carumba.

Pr0ner and I had exchanged some thoughts in this game, and both of us thought we could end up as Vampfood early on.

We really thought it'd be me, though, today or tomorrow. Turns out it was him. Back to square one.
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Time to go back and see if I can determine anything from what has previously been posted. Probably not, since there isn't much to go on, but we'll see.
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

i just hope the seer's find eachother and begin working together soon or we are all screwed.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."--George Orwell
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

There are some things Arcanis has said that leads me to believe he is a vampire. I can't say what it is right now as it would give away what I look for, but if I had to bet, I'd bet Arcanis is in league with Lucifer.
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

i realy hope you reconsider McNutt. By no means am i one these spawn of evil, though i have no more proof than my word right now. If you notice i said the seers find each other so that they can work together to give us a victory i was not asking one of them to contact me, that would be a blatant vampire play in my opinion.

I am not going to cast a retalitory vote right now as i suspect some others though i will not cast such a vote until i hear more being said by all and how they react to todays events.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Actually, I am considering casting a vote against McNutt, but not for voting for Arcanis. His vote for pr0ner has me troubled. Was it a honest vote for someone he thought was a blood sucking fiend or a ploy to throw off the villagers that he is a creature of the night.

Crude or could the soulless fiends be using McNutt earlier vote to cause us to vote for a innocent. To many variables :(
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

It would be too obvious for pr0ner to die after McNutt took back his vote. It points too much to McNutt, so it can't be him. Unless he knew we would think that and used reverse, reverse psychology and actually did kill him. Now I'm getting myself confused.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

I voted for pr0ner because he changed his vote to fit the majority. It's not a great reason to vote for somebody, but I thought it was better than a random vote. My vote for Arcanis feels much less random to me. I may be wrong, but I'd rather not just throw out a name at random. Right now I'm picking someone that truly strikes me as a vampire.

Lick it up, baby!

edit - what I said didn't make sense as it sounded like pr0ner was still alive.
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

Three... there are now three blood suckers amongts us.....

*runs to hide in fear*
J.D.

Post by J.D. »

The question is, who would the original vampire benefited most from by converting them? That's the angle I'm considering.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Our early interests are in mcnutt and pr0ner? is there anything real to substantiate that, or are we going off 1st round voting?

Hopefully the seers have found someone to trust. Finding all the inncents is as important as finding the vamps.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Jiffy

Post by Jiffy »

J.D. wrote:The question is, who would the original vampire benefited most from by converting them? That's the angle I'm considering.
I'm wondering that as well. Do they pick the known tacticians? Do they pick the quiet ones?
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

I looked back at what has been posted earlier and I can't find anything, not even a hint of anything substantial. If anyone has any ideas I would like to hear them. We have McNutts vote for Arcanis...but it just doesn't seem right to me. Anybody? If anyone can give a somewhat decent argument then I'll vote.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Jiffy wrote:
J.D. wrote:The question is, who would the original vampire benefited most from by converting them? That's the angle I'm considering.
I'm wondering that as well. Do they pick the known tacticians? Do they pick the quiet ones?
I lynch quiet ones :twisted:
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

noxiousdog wrote:
Jiffy wrote:
I lynch quiet ones :twisted:
Oh crap. Yes he does.

Noise incoming.

I think the biggest thing an alpha vampire would want to guard against is having the domino theory take down him and his two bloodsucking buddies. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that the Vampire had picked one teammate with whom he was familiar; if the Vamp has been a citizen of another village, I'd expect him to choose a teammate he may know from another village. It would then also make sense for the Vamp to choose a more "out of left field" Vampire. A wildcard, if you will.
Silky

Post by Silky »

The Alpha vamp would be better off embracing totally random people. What the true villagers have to do is make sure the seer does not get gobbled up. Quick some true villager post something really suspicious and take one for the team!
Mr. Flibble says: Game Over boys!
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

If you're a vamp, I think there are two options: 1). Post a lot to deflect attention or 2). Be very quiet and hope people forget about/don't pay attention to you.

So far, it looks like there are 7 or 8 people (including me) that are doing to majority of posting/guesswork, but no one person is posting a ton more than everyone else.

From a quick estimate, it looks like there are only 2 people not posting much at all (Kelric being the most obvious).

What this all means, I don't know. But it's something. Maybe.
Jiffy

Post by Jiffy »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: From a quick estimate, it looks like there are only 2 people not posting much at all (Kelric being the most obvious).
That by itself is the most odd. Kelric is the biggest talker abouts...why so quiet?
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Jiffy wrote:
Ralph-Wiggum wrote: From a quick estimate, it looks like there are only 2 people not posting much at all (Kelric being the most obvious).
That by itself is the most odd. Kelric is the biggest talker abouts...why so quiet?
He's surprised he's not already dead?
Black Lives Matter

J.D.

Post by J.D. »

Going with my early game strategy of lynching the quiet ones, I vote for Kelric.

This vote is not set in stone.
Lars

Post by Lars »

Opps

Perhaps I should have stuck with my original vote of Jiffy. I'm just plain confused now, I'll have to think this one over.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

noxiousdog wrote:
Jiffy wrote:
He's surprised he's not already dead?
I'm here! I was out last night at a club and a party and today I was helping my neighbor put together three bookcases she bought at IKEA and a bunch of other random house crap.

So no longer shall I be the quiet one.
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

We are just so in the dark here. It is difficult to vote in this situation.
Jiffy

Post by Jiffy »

Arkon wrote:We are just so in the dark here. It is difficult to vote in this situation.
In the dark....because you are afraid of the light? :P
J.D.

Post by J.D. »

Kelric has spoken. I withdraw my vote for Kelric.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

....and here we sit like a bunch of ninnies, afraid to accuse anyone of anything.

We're pathetic. We're all gonna be vampire food soon.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

I'm keeping my vote for Arcanis. He hasn't said anything since I mentioned that his posts contained "tells" that I picked up on. I feel he might be picking over his posts to see what I'm talking about. Or maybe he just has a life. :lol:

I've yet to be contacted by a seer, so either the seer didn't ask about me or did and was told I was a vampire. I'm guessing it's the former.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

I came home from work and my girlfriend had taken the laptop to school with her, leaving me without internet and bored as hell. I was expecting to sign back in and discover everyone had voted for me. I'm surprised to see that no one has really voted for anyone. A couple accusations thrown at Kelric, but that's it. Maybe tomorrow will have more action or someone will make a mistake and play their hand.
Lars

Post by Lars »

Ok, let's get this staking going.

I'm voting for Jiffy, but I sure can be persuaded otherwise by a strong argument from someone.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Lars wrote:Ok, let's get this staking going.

I'm voting for Jiffy, but I sure can be persuaded otherwise by a strong argument from someone.
Jiffy works for me. (I'd vote for Kelric, but he dies early every time).
Black Lives Matter

Jiffy

Post by Jiffy »

People just don't like my name it seems. :P
-
I'm innocent, but saying so doesn't seem to mean much. I don't have a vote yet either. I have yet to decided, and will sleep on it tonight before giving one tomorrow.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I don't know about Jiffy. He does seem to protest his innocent a bit much, but that might not mean he's a werewolf.

Arkon, however, seems a bit wishy-washy in making a choice - most of his posts have been pretty fluffy. That seems a bit suspicious to me, though I really don't have much to go on at the moment.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Hey, is there any chance we can keep the main list on the first page updated with the daily dead and killed as well? Just makes it easier than having to go back through the thread looking for the latest list each time. Mostly because I'm so far behind and have to catch up on my reading here. :)

Jiffy seems to get accused in these games every time for no real reason. For this round I see as much reason to vote for him as I do for everybody else - almost none.

For now I'm going with triggercut, but reserve the right to change my vote if someone can come up with a good reason to vote for someone else. He just seems like a good potential ally of the vampires, or at least may be targeted as such, so maybe he got turned. Honestly, at this point, I have no idea who to vote for and am just going with a gut move.

By the way, if I was a vampire (which I'm not) and was going 'the quiet route', it'd be incredibly obvious. I'm known to post a lot so it would be noted that I wasn't posting - as it has been mentioned several times already - and would pretty much blow it. If anything, I think I'd want to post at my usual pace to keep suspicion down.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

I'm gonna go along with McNutt and accuse Arcanis. I can be swayed to switch however.
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

well McNutt was right about one thing i do have a life i was away from the computer doing work since aobut 3:45, just getting home from my night job.

And i'm in the same boat as most of us, i have not been contacted by a seer, nor a vampire. so i have no evidence to prove my innocence as of yet. I realy hope that I can survive until a seer reviels one or all of the vampires and has the voting block to destroy them.
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

Oh and so that no one calles my a pacifist i'll cast the die and vote for Ralf-Wiggum since he is trying to throw us off and talking about people being werewolves. :shock:
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

I think it makes some sense to suspect folks who have been in a lot of games--sadly though, most of us are on our third or fourth game o' Werewolf, so there's that.

Thing is, I'd expect many higher profile heavy posters in this thread to be dreamt upon, and then acted upon by the seers. If it's happening, it's under the radar so far, but probably won't be for long. There are a couple of players who don't post very much outside these threads, but are fairly active in them. *Those* are the ones I'm watching, because those are the players I'd pick if I were the alpha vamp.

In the meantime, I'm reading Arcanis' explanation of his light posting, and it makes sense to me. I withdraw my vote for Arcanis

So whom to vote for this round?

I think pr0ner's death was a ploy to get McNutt lynched, and it was a pretty ham-handed one. I'm actually considering that when I'm thinking about who the vampires could be.

And but still, as Wiggum points out, it's so obviously over-the top that this in itself could be a deception. It certainly could by the obvious object of suspicion--McNutt--a few days of reprieve. In a game with three monsters, provided he's picked his accomplices well, those few days could be enough to tip the scales to the enemy. It'd be a very sly play.

That alone isn't enough to earn an accusation from me. But it's something I'm thinking on.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

I thought on this last night and I am voting for McNutt. The ploy seems cheap and I would think McNutt would rationalize that we wouldn't hang him for such a cheap and obvious ploy. I'm going to play this out. My vote isn't set in stone as I can still be swayed to withdraw my vote
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

I will stick with my vote from the first night.

Ralph-Wiggum Die you vampire scum!!