2024 Fundraising - $1192 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

Ragnarök - Twilight of the Gods - Æsir Victory

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Isgrimnur

Re: Ragnarök - Twilight of the Gods - "Thursday"

Post by Isgrimnur »

:binky: :pop: :binky:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Kraegor wrote:
tru1cy wrote:I don't think lassr is soulbound...

I want to vote for bubbles, but see no reason since Lassr has the majority now.
u were saying?
and I have my doubts about Bubbles being soul bound (reasons stated earlier) but I know I'm not soul bound. So from my view point, better Bubbles than me.
tru1cy will most likely not come back in time to save my butt anyhow.

Remember Mr. Evil, you cannot win if the soul mates live.
Victory Conditions
The Jötunn Victory: A Jötunn victory will occur when ever the number of Jötunn players outnumber or equal the number of non-Jötunn players.
The Æsir Victory: An Æsir victory will occur when all Jötunn players are eliminated.
The Vanir Victory: A Vanir victory will occur if the Soul-Bound players are still alive when one of the above conditions is also met.
A Vanir Victory (see above) will trump any other victory achieved.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Given that we almost certainly lose if you're not soulbound, I'd think you'd be making a more dramatic case for your innocence.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Brendan wrote:Given that we almost certainly lose if you're not soulbound, I'd think you'd be making a more dramatic case for your innocence.
what else can I do? There is no way I can prove myself without dying. I'm not sure who is soul bound. But the actions this last day makes me wonder about tru1cy. Kraegor sure looks guilty but hell he also looks guilty in almost every other game he plays. His random ranting makes him hard to read.

I kind of figure you or Arcanis could be the other which makes hitting today a little harder since we can't risk lynching either of you.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Will the Governor call?

I'm innocent I tell you!

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Dead man walking...

Good luck Æsir.

Black Lives Matter
purge

Post by purge »

:binky: :coffee: :binky:
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Final Player's Votes:
1. Austin:
2. theohall: tru1cy, Mr Bubbles
3. stessier:
4. tru1cy: Mr Bubbles
5. Remus West:
6. Arcanis: Mr Bubbles, Mr Bubbles
7. Chaosraven:
8. Mr Bubbles: Arcanis, Lassr
9. Scoop20906:
10. pürge:
11. Isgrimnur:
12. Krægor: Lassr
13. Grundbegriff:
14. Lassr: theohall, Mr Bubbles, Krægor, Mr Bubbles
15. Mikagami:
16. Brendan: Lassr

Total Votes Against:
Mr Bubbles : 3 - (theohall, Arcanis, Lassr)
Lassr : 3 - (Brendan, Krægor, Mr Bubbles)

VOTING IS CLOSED
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Lassr wrote:Will the Governor call?

I'm innocent I tell you!
We're all innocent
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

As the rumor of a treacherous Soul-bound pair amongst them swirled, the flow of mist began to settle. The battle of Ragnarök was reaching it's final moments and the conclusion was anything but clear.

Nobody was spared accusation, and nobody spared their opinion.

Votes were placed and removed, and placed again.

Their thoughts were beginning to become unfocused and everyone saw the need to act soon. The thickening mist was impossible to ignore.

The Einherjar from the House of Lassr was the lead suspect amongst them. He made a final plea for life, but almost seemed to welcome the release from the maddening mists.

With some reluctance, bound by the democratic will, those not on the vote helped hold Lassr still, as Brendan, Krægor, and Mr Bubbles thrust their swords into Lassr's chest.

Lassr collapsed to the ground without a sound.

Everyone looked at each other, clearly looking to see if a Soul-bound would fall with him.

Nobody fell.

One of the standing Einherjar bent over the body of Lassr and opened up a single eyelid. The cool blue light of Valhalla was there.

Lassr was most certainly not Jötunn.

It is the fifth Still.

Night Play Boilerplate:
Frigga, which prayer will you answer...
Loki, which player will you investigate...
Hel, which dead player will you investigate...
Odin, where would you like to send your ravens...
Heimdall, which dead player will you investigate...
Sigrun, which player will you investigate...
Sigrdrifa, will you sacrifice yourself tonight...
The Jötnar, who will you kill...

Deadline: Night Orders are due by Friday, Feb 13 @ 10:00 PM (CST), or forfeit
Please Note: Submitting Orders before the Deadline is not only allowed, it is very much appreciated !
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

anyone wana bird to scan them tonight? i already know who the last Jotnar is so i won't need to send a bird looking for him. If no one volunteers i'll scan a random person as it is irrelevant now.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."--George Orwell
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

No one ok. i'm going to submit my scan now since it really isn't all that important.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."--George Orwell
theohall

Post by theohall »

Okay Brendan (maybe, but doubtful Arcanis) - it's time for you to kill Mr Bubbles or Kraegor, since they both helped lynch one of the Aesir, and take your death like a fallen god :)

Well-played by Mr Bubbles to keep himself alive.

Kraegor's attitude style posting is a front to hide is true Vanir nature.

You might as well take them out - unless you want the Vanir to win or you are Vanir yourself - which won't matter since you're getting lynched tomorrow anyway.
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

This is going to give me an aneurysm. You seriously, after all of Arcanis' ridiculousness, still think that I'm the more likely bad guy? This game is going to end in tears. :doh:
theohall

Post by theohall »

Brendan wrote:This is going to give me an aneurysm. You seriously, after all of Arcanis' ridiculousness, still think that I'm the more likely bad guy? This game is going to end in tears. :doh:
The problem is Arcanis planted seeds early based on his actual role - which many do and then reveal later. You, however, have only "revealed" info which was already available with a careful read thru....

So... whose it going to be? :)

This was still fun - moreso with this hectic ending.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

:binky: :pop: :binky:
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

theohall wrote: The problem is Arcanis planted seeds early based on his actual role - which many do and then reveal later. You, however, have only "revealed" info which was already available with a careful read thru....
I suppose you buy Arcanis' assertion that this reference to "barking up the wrong tree" is supposed to exonerate him, huh?

I wonder if anyone else made that same reference - oh wait, I guess someone did.

The only information I have to reveal is what I scanned - given that Sigrun's power is slooooow acting, it's not as though I could've worked any faster. Re-read that passage I quoted from Grund and ask yourself whether it's more likely that I'm omniscient, or more likely that I'm Sigrun.

Let's not lose the game because Arcanis once used the word "tree."
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

Stop with the arguing and pick your night kill. I've got confirmation that mine was received already. Which means we are either waiting on Unagi to do the writeup or you to hurry your butt up. So get in gear. Also unless your through making your case against me and defending your self you should prepare for the great trial. You never answered if you wanted to go first or second either, i'm ready to go now as it is.
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Arcanis wrote:Stop with the arguing and pick your night kill. I've got confirmation that mine was received already. Which means we are either waiting on Unagi to do the writeup or you to hurry your butt up. So get in gear. Also unless your through making your case against me and defending your self you should prepare for the great trial. You never answered if you wanted to go first or second either, i'm ready to go now as it is.
I need a bigger eye-rolling smiley than is available here.

:roll: isn't sufficient.
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

Brendan wrote:
Arcanis wrote:Stop with the arguing and pick your night kill. I've got confirmation that mine was received already. Which means we are either waiting on Unagi to do the writeup or you to hurry your butt up. So get in gear. Also unless your through making your case against me and defending your self you should prepare for the great trial. You never answered if you wanted to go first or second either, i'm ready to go now as it is.
I need a bigger eye-rolling smiley than is available here.

:roll: isn't sufficient.
you know i meant my pm so don't even start. and you still haven't said if you want first or second i'm being nice and letting you choose, if you don't i'll start shortly after the day cycle begins.
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Point of order: you haven't been recognized by the chair.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Propose a motion - turn in the dang pm, Brendan.

Propose 2nd motion - decide if you want 1st or 2nd for the ensuing argument, Brendan.

Arcanis has made his position clear. You, as yet, have not.
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

theohall wrote:Propose a motion - turn in the dang pm, Brendan.

Propose 2nd motion - decide if you want 1st or 2nd for the ensuing argument, Brendan.

Arcanis has made his position clear. You, as yet, have not.
I turned in my scan order last night - remember the 24 hour waiting period? I'm sure Arcanis, the rules lawyer, does.

I refuse to participate in this stupid conceit of someone arguing 1st, then 2nd. Let Arcanis pull all the data he wants at any time he wants - I've given you everything I know (save the one piece of additional information that I'll have in the morning - whether he's Loki or Hel). If you insist on voting for me given my previous entreaties, you will lose the game; unless you're soulbound, of course.
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

Well he didn't enforce a strict 24hr time limit last time as it was the 4th 5:17 beginning of Still and 5th 12:40 end of Still. Figured there was no reason to wait since there was no meta information to be gained which was the sole reason for putting that rule in.

So you say that i'm full of hot air and you won't bother with trying to use the facts against me, you put up less of a fight than i expected.

would everyone else like to see my case or should i not waste the time typing it up and getting the relevant quotes together?
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

I bet both of you are on the same team. Filthy mudbloods.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Arcanis wrote:Figured there was no reason to wait since there was no meta information to be gained which was the sole reason for putting that rule in.
Except for the fact that you just attempted to make some sort of meta-claim about me. :roll:
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

Brendan wrote:
Arcanis wrote:Figured there was no reason to wait since there was no meta information to be gained which was the sole reason for putting that rule in.
Except for the fact that you just attempted to make some sort of meta-claim about me. :roll:
What meta claim? We are the only 2 people who have to submit a pm during the still! You know the role you claimed has to submit a pm too right. One of us, ie you, is evil and needs to submit who they will kill during the still and the other, ie me, needs to submit who they will scan. Every other role that has anything to do during a still is dead. so no matter who the rest of the group thinks is lying they still know that it is you and I that have to submit a pm for our choice at night.
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

I spose a catfight is one way to pass the time.
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

:roll:
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

oh no you didnt! <snap wave>
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

Mr Bubbles wrote:I bet both of you are on the same team. Filthy mudbloods.
no i really want to see him lynched today because i would rather the hippies win than him. At least they will only use me as compost he would likely do all kinds of horrible things to my corpse. :wink:

Unless he managed to hit the soul bound last night we can't win this game any more.
3 scenarios if the bound don't pop:
1. Go after bound any way to promote Jotnar victory
2. kill me and he has 2/3 chance to hit bound tonight and win.
3. kill him game ends Vanir win.

if you think i'm the evil one then you swap him and me in the above scenarios.
If the bound are hit tonight then we each cast a vote for each other and the 3rd person decides who getskicked off the island killed. 50/50 shot depending on who you believe.
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Arcanis wrote:Unless he managed to hit the soul bound last night we can't win this game any more.
Just out of curiosity, how many more times will you push this erroneous idea before the end of the game? Twice? Three times? Every time you do, it telegraphs that you're either a non-soulbound Loki, or a soulbound Hel. That's the only way you would keep making this mistake.
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

Brendan wrote:
Arcanis wrote:Unless he managed to hit the soul bound last night we can't win this game any more.
Just out of curiosity, how many more times will you push this erroneous idea before the end of the game? Twice? Three times? Every time you do, it telegraphs that you're either a non-soulbound Loki, or a soulbound Hel. That's the only way you would keep making this mistake.
I'll explain this very slowly and with small words then:

there are 5 players
currently there are 2 good
there are 2 soul bound
and 1 bad guy
this excludes soul bound bad guy but i'll get to that in a bit.
1 player dies tonight from evil
in the morning there are the 2 soul bound and 1 good and 1 bad
soul bound can vote to kill either good or bad player and win.

if the bad guy is bound then this is the situation:
5 players
1 bound 'good'
1 bound evil
3 good
in the morning there are 2 good and 2 bound
bound pile on to a good. down to 2v1
evil kill the 1 good at night and win for vanir if loki or Jotnar if Hel.

if the bound die tonight then:
3 players remain in the morning
2 good 1 evil
good must not vote for each other but can win.

any other questions as to why good can't win if the bound live through the night.
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

sorry increase all [insert] total [insert] numbers [insert] and good counts [insert] in previous post by 1 i forgot to count myself when i did my currently breathing count.

edit to add: this means the bound don't win via race to vote tomorrow in either scenario and need 1 good guy vote on evil to win that way or risk going to night again with 2 bound 1 good 1 evil.
Last edited by Arcanis on Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Arcanis wrote: if the bad guy is bound then this is the situation:
5 players
1 bound 'good'
1 bound evil
3 good
Please check your math here. Start with the knowledge the 3 is the majority vote, and there are only 2 soulbound.
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

Brendan wrote:
Arcanis wrote: if the bad guy is bound then this is the situation:
5 players
1 bound 'good'
1 bound evil
3 good
Please check your math here. Start with the knowledge the 3 is the majority vote, and there are only 2 soulbound.
please check the post above this one i already caught my mistake and had added my amendments to it.
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

I see you edited your post after I pointed out your flawed analysis, but you still have yet to acknowledge that those of us who're good can still win this thing if no soulbound dies tonight. Perhaps that's because you haven't actually bothered thinking about that case, what with your preoccupation with other victory conditions.

It's an unlikely scenario, but it's the only chance in that particular case, so, yet again, I'll point out that the path is completely clear for those of us on the side of mankind: regardless of what happens tonight, if you and I are still alive tomorrow, it's down to that single decision for everyone.
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

Brendan wrote:I see you edited your post after I pointed out your flawed analysis, but you still have yet to acknowledge that those of us who're good can still win this thing if no soulbound dies tonight. Perhaps that's because you haven't actually bothered thinking about that case, what with your preoccupation with other victory conditions.

It's an unlikely scenario, but it's the only chance in that particular case, so, yet again, I'll point out that the path is completely clear for those of us on the side of mankind: regardless of what happens tonight, if you and I are still alive tomorrow, it's down to that single decision for everyone.
ok so your other path is a bound loki and we manage to lynch his partner? doubt thats gona happen but it is the only other possible way you can be thinking it is possible. That only works if you or I are bound since we are pretty assuredly the ones who are going to get lynched. I know i'm not bound at all and i know i'm not loki. I also know you are Jotnar and you could be bound but i haven't seen anyone trying to help you make your case either.
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

oh and the edited post isn't the one you quoted it was the one after it that i edited, you know the one you missed that corrected my mistake before you pointed it out.
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Arcanis wrote:oh and the edited post isn't the one you quoted it was the one after it that i edited, you know the one you missed that corrected my mistake before you pointed it out.
Uh huh. I think we can all read the timestamps. Besides, you know that editing your posts is a bad idea, right?