2024 Fundraising - $1102 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

STARSHIP R.SCOTT (WW Game) - Game Over.

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Austin

Re: STARSHIP R.SCOTT (WW Game) Day One

Post by Austin »

pr0ner wrote:Voting for me is not a good idea.
 theohall 

What about that guy?
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

pr0ner wrote:Voting for me is not a good idea.
Interesting.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

And yet, the vote remains.
Hodor.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Chaosraven wrote:Hey SCOOP:
Are we going to get answers for the following questions

Well, since you have asked...

Night Sequence of Resolution:
Symbiont order is processed.
Alien's order is processed.
Computer Hacker's medical report is decrypted.

Chaosraven wrote:(1) Is an Alien Organism still allowed to convert on the night he is chosen for Lockdown?
No.
Chaosraven wrote:(2) Is the Alien Organism allowed to convert the same player that has been chosen for Lockdown?
No.
Chaosraven wrote:(3) Is the Alien Organism given a list of valid targets/allowed to rechoose if he chooses an Invalid Target?
No.
Chaosraven wrote:One of the rest of you can proceed with questions about a Hacker that is locked and what it means for Morning Report, if you are so inclined.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

STARSHIP R.SCOTT - DAY ONE

Players:
theohall
Sean, Minister of KtSP
Mr Bubbles
Isgrimnur
Remus West
Grundbegriff
Newcastle
Lagom Lite
Chaosraven
pr0ner
tru1cy
Austin

Votes:
Lagom Lite = 3 (tru1cy, pr0ner, theohall)
Sean, Minister of KtSP = 1 (Remus West)
pr0ner = 1 (Chaosraven)
theohall = 1 (Austin)

Majority is 7 votes.

Players with no vote: Sean, Minister of KtSP, Mr Bubbles, Isgrimnur, Grundbegriff, Newcastle, Lagom Lite

A majority vote will close voting. If the Day ends without a majority reached no player will be thrown out the airlock.
The HARD Deadline for Day One is 9:00 pm ET on Tuesday, September 22, 2009.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

MOD NOTE: I will be on vacation going to PAX (http://www.paxsite.com/" target="_blank) again this year from Wednesday, Sept. 2 to Monday, Sept. 7. I will continue to semi-moderate from my I-Phone or any computer I can get my hands on. However, I request that someone please keep the vote counts as current possible. If an "Event" occurs, I will make sure to process the "Event" in a timely fashion and send out the results.

Also, The game will be ON HOLD officially during the upcoming Holiday Weekend (Sept. 5, 6, 7) and will recommence on Tuesday, September 8th.

Please remember, the HARD Deadline for Day One is 9:00 pm ET on Tuesday, September 22, 2009.

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:(3) Is the Alien Organism given a list of valid targets/allowed to rechoose if he chooses an Invalid Target?[/b]
No.
Now that's of great interest.

Not that we'll have any way to know, but that it isn't an auto 6 conversions. The Symbiont should definitely lockdown Someone as that will at least mean that player is not the Converted that evening and potentially end up as a miss for the Alien.
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

pr0ner wrote:And yet, the vote remains.
Why would it be removed? Your statement makes me think voting for you may be a good idea if only to make you clarify before you become a convert if you are actually something worth keeping.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Remus West wrote:
Why would it be removed? Your statement makes me think voting for you may be a good idea if only to make you clarify before you become a convert if you are actually something worth keeping.
Think about it.
Hodor.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

pr0ner wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Think about it.
Well, lets see.....
Guard? Don't really care if we out them as they can use their shots or not to prove themselves and their continued non-converted status.
Engineers? Don't care if we out them. The Aliens wouldn't want to convert them as it is the only way to get themselves free of the lock down.
Hacker? Already gone.
Convict? Pfft.
Symbiont? So what if we out him? We know he can not be converted and there really is not much point to air locking him as he does not stand in the way of human victory.

So, yeah, not seeing why it is a big deal.

pr0ner 

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Analyzing subtext...
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Players:
theohall
Sean, Minister of KtSP
Mr Bubbles
Isgrimnur
Remus West
Grundbegriff
Newcastle
Lagom Lite
Chaosraven
pr0ner
tru1cy
Austin

Votes:
pr0ner = 2 (Chaosraven, Remus West)
theohall = 1 (Austin)

Majority is 7 votes.

Players with no vote: Sean, Minister of KtSP, Mr Bubbles, Isgrimnur, Grundbegriff, Newcastle, Lagom Lite

A majority vote will close voting. If the Day ends without a majority reached no player will be thrown out the airlock.

pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Remus West wrote:
pr0ner wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Think about it.
Well, lets see.....
Guard? Don't really care if we out them as they can use their shots or not to prove themselves and their continued non-converted status.
Engineers? Don't care if we out them. The Aliens wouldn't want to convert them as it is the only way to get themselves free of the lock down.
Hacker? Already gone.
Convict? Pfft.
Symbiont? So what if we out him? We know he can not be converted and there really is not much point to air locking him as he does not stand in the way of human victory.

So, yeah, not seeing why it is a big deal.

pr0ner 

Wow, really? That's all you could come up with?

It's pretty obvious to me, if all you do is think about it, as to why his vote was a bad idea.
Hodor.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I'm not sure why he initially voted for you. Not sure I care either. As I outlined above, there is not a single role I feel inclined to be protective over right now and your reaction implying that yours deserves some makes me wonder very deeply about you. I would suggest that, given the hard deadline, you make a play some way or another before then that either condemns you or gives me time to consider your explanation if you want my vote removed. Telling me it is obvious if I think about it when I just laid out my position seems silly.
Austin

Post by Austin »

He could be employing my bully tactic. He always seems to draw the Helo roles. Except when Bakhtosh is playing and then only Grund need worry.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Austin wrote:He could be employing my bully tactic. He always seems to draw the Helo roles. Except when Bakhtosh is playing and then only Grund need worry.
Then why would Chaosraven voting for him be such a bad idea? Not like he is going to shoot CR so it is not bad from CR's health point of view. If he is using your same tactic then why beat around the topic? No point to that either, just come out and make that claim and let the two of you have a Mexican standoff regarding who may or may not be able to shoot still.

I like where my vote is right now. pr0ner is acting odd.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

At least somebody gets it.
Hodor.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

pr0ner wrote:At least somebody gets it.
I am going to assume due to the late time that this is you making a claim to being the second guard and that if you are lying they will shoot you.

Sean 

as he showed up just long enough to give us nothing to work with.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Players:
theohall
Sean, Minister of KtSP
Mr Bubbles
Isgrimnur
Remus West
Grundbegriff
Newcastle
Lagom Lite
Chaosraven
pr0ner
tru1cy
Austin

Votes:
pr0ner = 1 (Chaosraven)
theohall = 1 (Austin)

Majority is 7 votes.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

MOD NOTE: While I am AFAK, Stessier has graciously agreed to be Guest Moderator. He will keep an eye on the vote totals and if an "Event" occurs he will pause the game if I am unable to respond in a timely manner. THANKS STESS!! :wub:

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Scoop20906 wrote:September 22, 2009.
:shock:

How is it I missed that part before? I was thinking we were on deadline for today at 9. :oops: :lol:
Austin

Post by Austin »

Problem is, we guards have no idea who else could be the other. There are some problems with the bully tactic but I think it'll work out assuming pr0ner us a guard and there are no other attempts to stake claim.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Remus West wrote:

How is it I missed that part before? I was thinking we were on deadline for today at 9. :oops: :lol:
Me too. :oops:

[ezmate]If nothing happens before Sep 15th, I'm gonna be seriously AFK for at least a day and not sure how much after that due to a work trip which lasts through Sep 25th.[/ezmate]
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Remus West wrote:

Don't feel bad. I thought that, too; I thought I was coming home tonight to a result. (That's one reason I ezmated.)

I wonder what led us astray....
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Austin wrote:Problem is, we guards have no idea who else could be the other. There are some problems with the bully tactic but I think it'll work out assuming pr0ner us a guard and there are no other attempts to stake claim.
Here is the thing. I am more willing to take your claim at face value. For one thing you stated it outright. For another you made it with zero pressure on you. pr0ner has made his claim while being scrutinized for his reaction to a vote against him and then he more or less settled into claiming the role you pointed out as possibly his rather than actually claiming it. None of which lends strength to his claim. All of which is moot if he demonstrates the ability to shoot someone.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Remus West wrote:

Don't feel bad. I thought that, too; I thought I was coming home tonight to a result. (That's one reason I ezmated.)

I wonder what led us astray....
September is the ninth month, in the ninth year of this millennium... 999 :twisted:

Scoop was quite clear about the deadline though, I think it's on page 2 or something /lazy
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

And with the realization that we get another three weeks, the ship goes quiet...
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Lagom Lite's Symbiont Speculations

Disclaimer: This is intended to provoke debate, I may be wrong on many points. If you feel my logic is skewed or I'm missing something, please just post your arguments, don't start voting for me. :lol:

What does the symbiont want?
* To subdue, but not fully destroy, the aliens (duh).
* To find and destroy or subdue the engineers - by conversion, lockdown or airlock. He only has to destroy (or assume converted) one of the engineers, since, if he can identify the other engineer he will freeze him. No one will be able to wake the remaining engineer up.
* He doesn't care about the convict/crew conflict, as their victory conditions are triggered by his failure.

What can the symbiont do?
* He cannot be killed or converted by the alien original. He will know that he was targeted by the alien original, but won't know who it is.
* He can lock down one person per night. This person is ideally an alien, or 'remaining engineer' if one of the engineers bite the dust.
* His lockdown target cannot be converted by the alien original. To control a spiralling alien growth, he will freeze likely conversion targets to minimize conversion odds. If the alien population is low, he will try to freeze engineers or aliens.

How do the factions feel about the symbiont?
* Until the symbiont is gone, engineers should not come out since the symbiont will perma-lock one if the other gets converted or lynched. He doesn't need to destroy two engineers, he only needs to destroy one.
* Symbiont is part of the Crew faction. If all the aliens are destroyed, the human faction with the most members win. Therefore, the Convict faction wants to simply destroy the symbiont while the crew faction only need to identify him - unless the aliens remain and the engineers are eliminated or exposed and in danger of getting perma-locked.

Conclusions:
* If someone gets frozen and not revived, that person is likely one of the enginners and the other engineer is converted or dead.
* If this happens, the symbiont becomes very dangerous and is in a good position to win if he can hide his identity and pin-point the aliens. We need to find him if this happens, otherwise he'll start perma-locking pods.
* Only aliens should get targeted for lynch initially - the symbiont only needs to be identified but not lynched UNLESS people stop waking up in the morning.

Have we got any symbiont candidates?
Chaosraven
Chaosraven wrote:I am far more likely to be a Symbiont signaling Aliens not to waste their time trying to convert me.
True. And the first night is a good night to choose self-freeze since it may be in his interest to expand the alien population on the first night (I'm not sure about this though - I need more collating :wink: ). Having the Hacker converted wasn't part of self-freezing Cyberravens plans of course, but the odds of that happening were low last night.

One more thing:
theohall wrote:Reading over Grund's and Lagom Lite's posts - why would the Symbiont want to help any one? His goal is singular - find a way to lock down an alien - which would mean he'd probably lock down CR again, after his release, just to keep messing with everyone and not let them truly figure out who is who. This would also by him time for the aliens to convert others and give him a greater opportunity to snag an alien when randomly locking down someone else.

So when planning all this stuff, don't assume the Symbiont will cooperate. He is everyone's enemy.
That is NOT how the symbiont would reason. The symbiont will lose if there are aliens not locked down. The only humans that need to worry are the engineers, if they stay down they are not in danger from the symbiont. The symbiont needs information and medical reports as much as anyone and won't freeze Chaosraven tonight since there might be an outside chance that he is the hacker. Waking the hacker couldn't hurt the symbiont much even if he was identified by a medical scan himself because he wouldn't get airlocked, just ignored (except if the aliens were all destroyed, in which case he'd be targeted for airlock by the Convicts, but by then he would have lost the game anyway).

That bit of misinformation, coupled with this:
theohall wrote:The only thing we really have to go on is CR is not an Alien, so we should air-lock someone else. I have no idea who, so...

The new guy vote sounds goods go me.
means for now I'll place a vote on  theohall 

Is there anyone in hell?

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Isgrimnur wrote:And with the realization that we get another three weeks, the ship goes quiet...
Never!!! :lol:
Is there anyone in hell?

stessier

Post by stessier »

Players:
theohall
Sean, Minister of KtSP
Mr Bubbles
Isgrimnur
Remus West
Grundbegriff
Newcastle
Lagom Lite
Chaosraven
pr0ner
tru1cy
Austin

Votes:
pr0ner = 1 (Chaosraven)
theohall = 2 (Austin, Lagom Lite)

Majority is 7 votes.

Players with no vote: Sean, Minister of KtSP, Mr Bubbles, Isgrimnur, Grundbegriff, Newcastle

I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I disagree that the Engineers need to stay silent. There is no danger to them from the Symbiont as long as both are alive and healthy as he has no way of killing either. Their ability to unlock the pods actually aids the Aliens since they need to be certain one of them is free in the end game. Thus the Aliens have no reason to target Engineers for conversion. In fact, it probably makes a ton of sense for both to come forward right now so we know who they are and the Aliens do too. That way we do not lose an Engineer to conversion and thus place the Symbiont in a position of power. Not like we are going to air lock our Engineers and since we know both are still alive and healthy (assuming Chaosraven is telling the truth about not being the Hacker) we can put them in a little bubble of safety for now.
Sean, Minister of KtSP

Post by Sean, Minister of KtSP »

Remus West wrote:
pr0ner wrote:At least somebody gets it.
I am going to assume due to the late time that this is you making a claim to being the second guard and that if you are lying they will shoot you.

Sean 

as he showed up just long enough to give us nothing to work with.
Don't really care if you have anything to work with. Don't really care if you guys want to vote off the silent. I have no plans at all to be all talky meat in this game, so the silence will continue. Kill me or don't. It's a miss. Other than that? Deal with it how you will.
"Sweet dreams, Mr. Stiffly."
"I have told you, my name is not... ... ...Sweet dreams, Monster-san."
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

So, let's see....

Lagom Lite is the Symbiont and Remus is an Alien-- probably the convert.

Chaosraven is a Convict.

At least one of {Austin, pr0ner} is a guard. Maybe both.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Grundbegriff wrote:So, let's see....

Lagom Lite is the Symbiont and Remus is an Alien-- probably the convert.

Chaosraven is a Convict.

At least one of {Austin, pr0ner} is a guard. Maybe both.
You have an issue with the idea of the Engineers coming forward? Explain. Or is there some other reason you make that accusation?

Been wondering how long it would take you to get away from casting flack in the air and make some sort of attempt at an accusation.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

So, those of you with guns, are you planning on shooting someone today?
Or is the plan to hold off until the odds are better?
Odds will be better to hit an Alien Convert as the game progresses
"Where are you off to?"

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Awesome replies, keep them coming. Especially you quiet ones.
Is there anyone in hell?

Austin

Post by Austin »

Chaosraven wrote:So, those of you with guns, are you planning on shooting someone today?
My reason for not shooting today is to hopefully avoid conversion. If I shoot today and get some-what proven I would be a prime conversion target tonight. If I cannot shoot tomorrow, or pr0ner cannot, each should shoot the other. (Or Day 3/4 or whenever it makes most sense)
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Too many angles I'm not a fan of mass outing as it shrinks target pools, but the Hacker's med report has me considering he's been vconverted on the first night...

Leaving my vote on the new guy....

Curious, Grund hasn't has made a run at him to see if will crack under the pressure
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Austin wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:So, those of you with guns, are you planning on shooting someone today?
My reason for not shooting today is to hopefully avoid conversion. If I shoot today and get some-what proven I would be a prime conversion target tonight. If I cannot shoot tomorrow, or pr0ner cannot, each should shoot the other. (Or Day 3/4 or whenever it makes most sense)
If the Symbiont were to lock you down after shooting... it is unfortunate that the Symbiont is not really on the crews side entirely.
"Where are you off to?"

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Personally bad idea for the engineers to come out. Isn't true they lose their powers? And if we lose someone's vote, via no lockdown, kind of a bad idea.

Some more rambling thoughts...

i really dont like Remus' bull in the china shop mentality. Not sure if he is trying to pull a pseudo grund here. Kind of irked that he pushed for some reveals, and i dont think that was helpful.

I had a few others, but for now will just sit on em.

(also still kind of fumbling around understanding anything, the landscape has changed game play wise, so really not on terra firma in terms of gameplay...and yeah sry for laggin on the posts...been kind of lazy on it due to the aforementioned)
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.