DnD New Game 2

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Let's say I have something of interest to you and my own self...
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

What is that?
Sheesh...... May I please get out of the corner now???? I promise to behave........
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Be direct, Lass. Being coy get us nowhere
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Austin

Post by Austin »

Let's meet at Billy's when she shuts down for the night. She has her business to run and we shouldn't press her here. We can all be a bit more free with info in private. /Gestures with a nod toward the surrounding patrons.
Your ad here.
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Gull, you owe me some coin. You did win the bet. You know the one you used my coins to make......
Sheesh...... May I please get out of the corner now???? I promise to behave........
Austin

Post by Austin »

How can I owe two opposite sides money on a bet? Are you guys sure you know how this works?
Your ad here.
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

No, Gull, Forge owes you coin since he bet on Billy to win. You owe me those coins and the coins you borrowed from me to make that bet. Do you think I am wrong? Or should we wrestle for it?
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

No, Gull, Forge owes you coin since he bet on Billy to win. You owe me those coins and the coins you borrowed from me to make that bet. Do you think I am wrong? Or should we wrestle for it?
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

The evening passes on as the patrons pass out, Billy shows you to her place, only a few doors down from the Bar.

There's blankets and bedding for those cots in the front hall, she says, Someone be a dear and get us a fire going and we can discuss business
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Potestas very quickly finds something in the room to absorb his interest, so he doesn't have to get his hands dirty making the fire.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Azmus whips out a tindertwig and sets the kindling ablaze.

Let's get down to business.
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Rygar drops his armload of wood next to the fire. Here, Azmus. Turns to Billy. Yeah, what you want from us?
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Billy produces a battered scroll and spreads it on the table in front of you. By the flickering firelight, you can make out a map that has seen better days.

My second husband, rest his soul, left this behind in the event he did nae make it back. His father had told him the map was passed down from generation to generation in the hopes one day someone of their lineage would take the journey and bring back the treasure within.

I say rest his soul, because as he dinnae come back, he'd better have perished there. The lair in the map is reported to be in the mountains two days from here and he left over a month ago
"Where are you off to?"

Austin

Post by Austin »

So do you want us to find the treasure or your second husband?
Your ad here.
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Ok, what's in it for us?
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

If he found the treasure, I want him and it back. If he didn't, I want his remains and the treasure. What's in it for you is anything else you find and my own offered reward of 5000 gp
"Where are you off to?"

Austin

Post by Austin »

That's awfully trusting of you. I mean who's to say the gnome here wouldn't just take the treasure and disappear. He has wee shifty little eyes that one.

In any case I'm in if he is.
(Points at Rygar) We need someone to lighten the mood and keep the bears away.
Your ad here.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I don't have him or the treasure right now. If you don't come back with either, I still don't have it. I'm not out anything. If you come back with what I ask, then you get paid. If you don't then I ask the next crew I see that I deem capable of getting it done.
"Where are you off to?"

Austin

Post by Austin »

Understood. Do we know what exactly we're looking for or is this a 'you'll know it when you see it' job?
Your ad here.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Oh it should be easier to identify than obtain... it is reputed to be an Iron Box inscribed with Runes and bound in chains...
"Where are you off to?"

tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Chaosraven wrote:Oh it should be easier to identify than obtain... it is reputed to be an Iron Box inscribed with Runes and bound in chains...
Walks past Gull holding up the coin he owes him

What is ou' fee, Lass? An expedition of thi' sort will ye. Me expect any treasure found is ours outside of thi' box. Also, if thi' contains sum sort of evil I will destroy it
Austin

Post by Austin »

Takes the coin from Forge and deftly, yet visibly, slips it back into Rygar's coin purse before backing off hands in plain sight.
Your ad here.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Chaosraven wrote:If he found the treasure, I want him and it back. If he didn't, I want his remains and the treasure. What's in it for you is anything else you find and my own offered reward of 5000 gp
"Where are you off to?"

RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

I am in, that is if Forge and Azmus also agree. Gull, I am glad you want me along, if only to keep the bears away.
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Rygar pats his coin pouch while looking at Gull as if to say " I am watching you".
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

RevHempus71 wrote:I am in, that is if Forge and Azmus also agree. Gull, I am glad you want me along, if only to keep the bears away.
Me in, manling
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Azmus?
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

You hear a small cough from Potestas, over in the corner...
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Sorry Potestas, I didn't see you in the corner. You ready?
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

mumbling Just like being chosen last for playing Goblin's Skull at the Academy, all over again...

Louder Oh, but of course. Thank you for asking, Rygar...
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

You know, Potesta, hiding in the back is only when we are in fights. It's doesn't have to be all the time.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

I guess there's nothing to be done about it then. I'm in. But only if room and board are free tonight.
Austin

Post by Austin »

I'm sure she has a cupboard for you somewhere. (Gull laughs at his own wit seemingly oblivious to the discomfort of the others present)
Your ad here.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

The cots are decent enough, warm blankets, and with the fire quite cozy.
Billy sets the pot to the fire and has a stew ready shortly, kettle whistling for tea.
"Where are you off to?"

Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Austin wrote:(Gull laughs at his own wit...)
So that would be a half-laugh, then?
Austin

Post by Austin »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Austin wrote:(Gull laughs at his own wit...)
So that would be a half-laugh, then?
ZING!
Your ad here.
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

half-laugh = half-wit....... :lol: :lol:
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Potestas grabs the cot furthest from Forge, well remembering that sleepless night thanks to his snoring in the Cavern of Eternal Echos
Austin

Post by Austin »

Gull eats a little stew, chats with his host for a time before, finally quiet, goes and leans against a corner wall.
Your ad here.
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Rygar eats some stew then sprawls out on a cot.