Dip Game 1 Spring 1919 Orders Due Thursday 11:59 PM EST

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Cesare

Post by Cesare »

Do we have any contingency plans for players who have dropped out of the game? Would it be possible to replace them with observers?
Austin

Post by Austin »

I think Chaos is on vacation in Wyoming where they don't have the Internet yet, but I'm not sure what happened to JeffV. I'm not sure there's much point to sticking anyone in Turkey as they're about dead. Maybe remove its supply points. Chaos being gone kind of throws a wrench in things too though as it has allowed Kelric free reign to leave his backdoor exposed. (And Crux also I suppose) It's been a good learning run anyway, even if it doesn't play out quite right.
Your ad here.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Austin wrote:Chaos being gone kind of throws a wrench in things too though as it has allowed Kelric free reign to leave his backdoor exposed.
He's been lucky I've been itching to get you off the continent!
Austin

Post by Austin »

Kelric wrote:
Austin wrote:Chaos being gone kind of throws a wrench in things too though as it has allowed Kelric free reign to leave his backdoor exposed.
He's been lucky I've been itching to get you off the continent!
You've been lucky... for now. I'll be gone soon enough but I'll help someone on my way out. :ninja:
Your ad here.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Austin wrote:I think Chaos is on vacation in Wyoming where they don't have the Internet yet, but I'm not sure what happened to JeffV. I'm not sure there's much point to sticking anyone in Turkey as they're about dead. Maybe remove its supply points. Chaos being gone kind of throws a wrench in things too though as it has allowed Kelric free reign to leave his backdoor exposed. (And Crux also I suppose) It's been a good learning run anyway, even if it doesn't play out quite right.
Actually, an active Turkey could still have a considerable impact on the game...how much trouble he gives Austria will significantly influence developments elsewhere on the board.
Black Lives Matter.
Austin

Post by Austin »

El Guapo wrote:
Austin wrote:I think Chaos is on vacation in Wyoming where they don't have the Internet yet, but I'm not sure what happened to JeffV. I'm not sure there's much point to sticking anyone in Turkey as they're about dead. Maybe remove its supply points. Chaos being gone kind of throws a wrench in things too though as it has allowed Kelric free reign to leave his backdoor exposed. (And Crux also I suppose) It's been a good learning run anyway, even if it doesn't play out quite right.
Actually, an active Turkey could still have a considerable impact on the game...how much trouble he gives Austria will significantly influence developments elsewhere on the board.
You volunteering?
Your ad here.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Austin wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
You volunteering?
Would that be a conflict of interest with the other game?

I can. It'd probably be best if someone else did it (assuming Turkey is gone), since the other game would be my priority, but if you can't find anyone else, I'm happy to step in rather than have Turkey be vacant (which would mess up the game a bit IMO).
Black Lives Matter.
Austin

Post by Austin »

Well absences have already tainted the game beyond what it should have been. Still it's my first game and has been good for learning and the next one should be better from a strat and from a diplomacy path.
Your ad here.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Austin wrote:next one should be better from a strat and from a diplomacy path.
See if I ever trust you again. Traitor. :P
Austin

Post by Austin »

Kelric wrote:
You weren't holding up your end. You blocked me out of my promised lands. We can argue this point up and down and I don't think we'll agree on it in the end so I'll digress. Everyone is going to stab everyone else at some point. It might do you well to remember that right now. :ninja:
Your ad here.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Austin wrote:
Kelric wrote:
You weren't holding up your end. You blocked me out of my promised lands. We can argue this point up and down and I don't think we'll agree on it in the end so I'll digress. Everyone is going to stab everyone else at some point. It might do you well to remember that right now. :ninja:
But it's more fun to rag on you about it. And you didn't give me a chance to pull back before going after me.

And it's more fun to rag on you about it.
Austin

Post by Austin »

Kelric wrote:
Austin wrote:
Kelric wrote:
But it's more fun to rag on you about it. And you didn't give me a chance to pull back before going after me.

And it's more fun to rag on you about it.
:ninja:
Your ad here.
Cesare

Post by Cesare »

Austin wrote:Well absences have already tainted the game beyond what it should have been. Still it's my first game and has been good for learning and the next one should be better from a strat and from a diplomacy path.
While I somewhat agree, Turkey being gone is a huge deal. Russia not playing their next move is a huge deal.

In the other game I'm currently playing, Italy barely kept more than 2 supply centers all game, yet lasted until 1913 because they were so efficient at making themselves indispensable on a turn-by-turn basis. They only died when all the remaining powers agreed to truce and wipe them out (incidentally, I strongly opposed this move and it caused a rift between me [Turkey] and Germany, that ultimately may have cost us the game). Also in the other game I'm playing, Austria went from 2nd weakest power to kingmaker in a few years of careful defensive playing. No, they can't win at this point, but they've very likely taken the power to decide who will win (..from me, again, incidentally).

I for one fully support El Guapo taking over Turkey this game. Even if he can't give it full attention it's better than having all the remaining players simply know that Turkey will hold each turn until he's given up all his supply centers.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

<asshole> Reminder. </asshole>
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I do need folks orders for this turn. I will PM El Guapo to see if he is willing to run Turkey for the next one and the future.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

El Guapo has agreed to run Turkey but has asked that he be allowed to submit orders for this turn. In order that evryone have a chance to react/act on this information I am extending the deadline until Monday night my time. Also, I still do not have everyone's orders anyway so you folks need to submit them please.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Remus West wrote:El Guapo has agreed to run Turkey but has asked that he be allowed to submit orders for this turn. In order that evryone have a chance to react/act on this information I am extending the deadline until Monday night my time. Also, I still do not have everyone's orders anyway so you folks need to submit them please.
As long as you have mine, I don't mind if everyone else Holds. :D
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

It appears my incredibly devious plan of appearing to be out of communication has worked marvelously.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Crux

Post by Crux »

Hrm. One or two more days would be nice honestly. Because I have no clue if El-Guapo is ignoring my pm, or just hasn't formulated a reply yet. And that makes a HUGE difference as to what my turn orders are!
If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit - Mitch Hedberg
Austin

Post by Austin »

I'd love to reset the game and try again with full-participation. :P
Your ad here.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Crux wrote:Hrm. One or two more days would be nice honestly. Because I have no clue if El-Guapo is ignoring my pm, or just hasn't formulated a reply yet. And that makes a HUGE difference as to what my turn orders are!
Well, it might have something to do with the fact that you didn't send your PM until after 9 PM EST last night... :P

At any rate, I'm in. I have no problem with a midnight today move deadline, but then again I have all of two units to order. So a Tuesday deadline is also fine with me.
Black Lives Matter.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Austin wrote:I'd love to reset the game and try again with full-participation. :P
I'm sure you would.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I'd like to reset the game, only with my starting with control of Turkey, Russia, Austria, and Italy.
Black Lives Matter.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I'm ok with- waitaminute.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Results for Spring, 1905 (Movement)
General Notices:
No retreating units; retreat phase skipped.
Order resolution completed on 21-Aug-2007 at 07:50:24 HST

Order Results:
Austria:
Austria: F aeg -> smy
Bounced with smy (1 against 1).
Austria: A con Supports F aeg -> smy
Support cut by Move from Ankara.
Austria: A gal -> ukr
Bounced with mos (1 against 1).
Austria: A gre Holds
Austria: A rum -> sev
Bounced with sev (1 against 1).
Austria: A ser Supports A tri
Austria: A tri Holds
Austria: A vie Supports A tri
Support cut by Move from Tyrolia.
Austria: A war -> mos
Failed because Russia: A mos -> ukr failed.

England:
England: F eng Supports F nth
England: F mao -> wes
England: F nth Holds
England: F wal -> lon

Germany:
Germany: F bel Supports A ruh -> hol
Germany: F ber -> kie
Germany: A bre Holds
Germany: F den -> nth
Bounced with nth (1 against 2).
Germany: A kie -> mun
Germany: A pic Supports A bre
Germany: A ruh -> hol

Italy:
Italy: F adr -> alb
Italy: F ion -> aeg
Failed because Austria: F aeg -> smy failed.
Italy: A mar -> pie
Italy: F por -> mao
Italy: F spa/nc Supports F por -> mao
Italy: A tyr -> vie
Bounced with vie (1 against 1).
Italy: F ven -> tri
Bounced with tri (1 against 2).

Russia:
Russia: A mos -> ukr
Bounced with gal (1 against 1).
Russia: A nwy -> stp
Russia: A sev Supports A mos -> ukr
Support cut by Move from Rumania.
Russia: A stp -> lvn
Russia: F swe -> nwy

Turkey:
Turkey: F ank -> con
Bounced with con (1 against 1).
Turkey: F smy Supports F ank -> con
Support cut by Move from Aegean Sea.

Fall 1905 Orders Due Friday 11:59 PST
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

If you hope for an update before I get on a plane to head back home you will need to not be late with any orders.
Austin

Post by Austin »

Remus West wrote:If you hope for an update before I get on a plane to head back home you will need to not be late with any orders.
Are you sure you're flying tomorrow?
Your ad here.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Austin wrote:
Remus West wrote:If you hope for an update before I get on a plane to head back home you will need to not be late with any orders.
Are you sure you're flying tomorrow?
Don't even suggest that. I do not have time to be stuck in airports. I have to go back to work very soon and missing the first day while stuck in Hawaii is not going to get me much sympathy.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Are you sure tomorrow is really tomorrow? It could be today.
Crux

Post by Crux »

Well it looks like the great alliance to take me down is all set! Was fun while it lasted.
If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit - Mitch Hedberg
Austin

Post by Austin »

Crux wrote:Well it looks like the great alliance to take me down is all set! Was fun while it lasted.
I'm just going to poke Kelric and Cesare with my pointy stick. It won't hurt but should distract them long enough for you to make a move.
Your ad here.
Crux

Post by Crux »

Kelric's betrayal was a little bit on the transparent side. In the space of a couple of days his pms went from asking me what I needed his army in Munich to do, to telling me he couldn't get involved. That translates to either him moving his army into Bohemia, or supporting Tyrolia with it.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Crux wrote:Kelric's betrayal was a little bit on the transparent side. In the space of a couple of days his pms went from asking me what I needed his army in Munich to do, to telling me he couldn't get involved. That translates to either him moving his army into Bohemia, or supporting Tyrolia with it.
I was going to remain neutral, you know. Your pressuring of me changed my mind. Of course it was obvious.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Results for Fall, 1905 (Movement)
General Notices:
Order resolution completed on 25-Aug-2007 at 07:01:12 HST

Order Results:
Austria:
Austria: F aeg Supports A con -> smy
Austria: A con -> smy
Bounced with smy (2 against 1).
Austria: A gal Supports A war
Austria: A gre Supports A ser -> alb
Austria: A rum -> sev
Bounced with sev (1 against 1).
Austria: A ser -> alb
Austria: A tri Supports A vie -> tyr
Support cut by Move from Albania.
Austria: A vie -> tyr
Bounced with pie (1 against 1).
Austria: A war Holds

England:
England: F eng -> bel
Bounced with bel (1 against 2).
England: F lon -> wal
England: F nth -> den
Bounced with den (1 against 1).
England: F wes -> lyo

Germany:
Germany: F bel Supports F den -> nth
Support cut by Move from English Channel.
Germany: A bre Holds
Germany: F den -> nth
Bounced with nth (1 against 1).
Germany: A hol Supports F bel
Germany: F kie -> hel
Germany: A mun Holds
Germany: A pic Supports A bre -> bel
Support failed. Supported unit's order does not match support given.
This was my error but did not effect anything so I'm not going back to undo it the army was ordered to support the unit holding in Brest

Italy:
Italy: F alb -> tri
Bounced with tri (1 against 1).
Dislodged from ser (2 against 1).
Italy: F ion Holds
Italy: F mao -> iri
Italy: A pie -> tyr
Bounced with vie (1 against 1).
Italy: F spa/nc Holds
Italy: A tyr -> boh
Italy: F ven Holds

Russia:
Russia: A lvn -> pru
Russia: A mos -> war
Bounced with war (1 against 2).
Russia: F nwy Holds
Russia: A sev -> rum
Bounced with rum (1 against 1).
Russia: A stp -> lvn

Turkey:
Turkey: F ank Supports F smy -> con
Turkey: F smy -> con
Bounced with con (2 against 1).

There is only one legal retreat so I am going to make that retreat and advance the game
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Results for Fall, 1905 (Retreat)
General Notices:
Order resolution completed on 25-Aug-2007 at 07:03:55 HST

Order Results:
Austria:

England:
Supply centers were lost. Units that must be removed: 1.

Germany:
Supply centers were gained. Units that may be built: 1.

Italy:
Italy: F alb -> adr

Russia:

Turkey:

Build/Remove Orders due Sunday 11:59 PM EST
Please not the time zone change
Crux

Post by Crux »

Kelric wrote:
Crux wrote:Kelric's betrayal was a little bit on the transparent side. In the space of a couple of days his pms went from asking me what I needed his army in Munich to do, to telling me he couldn't get involved. That translates to either him moving his army into Bohemia, or supporting Tyrolia with it.
I was going to remain neutral, you know. Your pressuring of me changed my mind. Of course it was obvious.
Uh, don't lie Kelric. You PMed me first offering to have your Munich army help out. Then you pmed me later saying you weren't going to help but would rather stay neutral. Then I tried to pressure you.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

And I was hemming and hawing the entire way. I sent in more than my share of orders to Remus this week, going one way or another in the war between Austria and Italy. Your pressuring ultimately decided me.

It's just how the game is played. England taught me that. ;)
Austin

Post by Austin »

Kelric wrote:And I was hemming and hawing the entire way. I sent in more than my share of orders to Remus this week, going one way or another in the war between Austria and Italy. Your pressuring ultimately decided me.

Yeah I never saw that coming. ;)
Your ad here.
Cesare

Post by Cesare »

edit NM... wow I fucked up my moves last turn. =\

This is why I need to be entering them into a program.
Crux

Post by Crux »

Kelric wrote:And I was hemming and hawing the entire way. I sent in more than my share of orders to Remus this week, going one way or another in the war between Austria and Italy. Your pressuring ultimately decided me.

Don't confuse hemming and hawing in your own head and in your pms. I only received two. Both were quite clear cut. I'm going to support you. Wait. No I'm not :D

This is indeed the way the game is played. Just be aware that if you're not my friend you are my enemy.