Fast Food Foofaraw

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Jeff V

Re: Fast Food Foofaraw

Post by Jeff V »

LordMortis wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:17 am If he's going on Oxy and he's losing weight the fruit juices would be better than veggie juices, no? Sacrifice the variety of vitamins for C, anti oxidants, calories, short term energy, and a more active colon.
Juice wouldn't help in this regard, all of the fiber is pulverized. Whole fruit would be better, fibrous veggie too. As for energy, I'm sure dbt can get all the meth he needs from that trailer next door.
Black Lives Matter
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Popeye's advertising their new sweet & spicy wings had me jonesing for wings and Publix happened to have a box of spicy wings at 8PM which was really shocking so... Even bought some bogo Ken's Blue Cheese dressing, and some Sweet Baby Ray wing sauce. Three wings and I'm already full, Publix has big wings. LOL
Re-electing Biden is like the Titanic backing up to hit the iceberg again!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Saw my first Jollibee’s, walking downtown with Lawthudcat.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Jeff V wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:51 pm
LordMortis wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:17 am If he's going on Oxy and he's losing weight the fruit juices would be better than veggie juices, no? Sacrifice the variety of vitamins for C, anti oxidants, calories, short term energy, and a more active colon.
Juice wouldn't help in this regard, all of the fiber is pulverized. Whole fruit would be better, fibrous veggie too. As for energy, I'm sure dbt can get all the meth he needs from that trailer next door.

I have no trailer next door any more. I evicted him over a year ago.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:22 am Saw my first Jollibee’s, walking downtown with Lawthudcat.
Those are not real words.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Jeff V wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:51 pm
Vitamin C and Sorbitol are both natural stool softeners and are high in most fruit juices. Much more so than in vegetable juices. I've been through this and specifically in regard to taking Oxy and taking Norco post surgeries.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Kraken wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:58 am
Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:22 am Saw my first Jollibee’s, walking downtown with Lawthudcat.
Jollibee is a real thing.
Hodor.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Like a lot of places that people find popular i cant bring myself to like them due to looking at the menu.

No grilled chicken..at a chicken place.
The potatoes look fake...like foam cut to shape.
And the hamburger steaks look awful & cheap.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Hrothgar

Post by Hrothgar »

pr0ner wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:35 am
There are three in the Houston area. One is opening in Dallas in October.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Hrothgar wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:07 pm
Come on. We are still trying to get over that Portillo's crap.

:twisted:
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Hrothgar wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:07 pm
When the first one opened in the Chicago area, lines were over 7 hours long.
Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

They're opening a second Lee's in my county. And they're putting it only about 3 miles from my house. My not eating out and not eating fast food and diet and wallet may be doomed. Since we left the before times, the one in Plymouth is up to about $9 a pop for about 2600 calories of take out lunch heaven in the for of a 3 piece fried chicken, biscuit, mach and cheese, and mashed potatoes with gravy.
stessier

Post by stessier »

In case anyone is still interested.

I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Why must fish and chicken be so expensive these days? Captain D's & KFC were the cheap places once. Where ya went to fill up at a low price. Now i cant afford them. My bottle of malt vinegar sits idle in the fridge waiting for a super deal at the Captain.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Keith is making me wanna barf - just all the food in his mouth when he talks and... yeah...
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Daehawk wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:36 pm Why must fish and chicken be so expensive these days? Captain D's & KFC were the cheap places once. Where ya went to fill up at a low price. Now i cant afford them. My bottle of malt vinegar sits idle in the fridge waiting for a super deal at the Captain.
Have some beans on chips.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I'm still getting my $5 chickens at BJs (now that I no longer have Costco membership) So for me chicken isn't expensive. Fish and I don't get along.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I dont have a BlowJobs near me...or whatever that store is :)
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

LordMortis wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:08 pm I'm still getting my $5 BJs (now that I no longer have Costco membership)
How much were they at Costco?
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Blackhawk wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:01 pm
LordMortis wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:08 pm I'm still getting my $5 BJs (now that I no longer have Costco membership)
How much were they at Costco?
$5, but the membership was $60 a year and the value of Costco has gone down dramatically since the before times and the closest one to me is about 8 miles away through bad stop and go traffic. I'm not making that commute and paying that fee just so I can get a five dollar chicken and a quarter pound dog and a pop ferabugfiddy. I get more value for a BJs, which is closer. It's possible I'd get more value still from an even closer Sam's Club but I still have a thing against WalMart that still negates both my underlying will to be cheap and my will to be lazy.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

$60 membership for $5 BJs is still a hell of a deal.
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

(He didn't notice the stealth-edit.) :wink:
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Wanted to share with you, my OO fam, a new foodie channel I stumbled upon. Its a guy and his his dad.

em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Jeff V wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:29 pm $60 membership for $5 BJs is still a hell of a deal.
Can't even beat that in Bogota. :lol:
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

em2nought wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:00 pm
Jeff V wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:29 pm $60 membership for $5 BJs is still a hell of a deal.
They charge you to beat it in Bogota? :shock:
Black Lives Matter
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

t
Jeff V wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:18 pm
em2nought wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:00 pm
They charge you to beat it in Bogota? :shock:
I'm sure they'd be happy to bill for anything you'd let them bill for. :lol:

So it's probably been at least ten years since I've had any KFC, and they happen to have eight hot & spicy wings for $4.99 right now so I gave it a try. Felt they were better & more spicy than Popeye's ghost pepper wings, but still not as good or as big as Publix wings. KFC gets points for the pricing though. Certainly better than anything I've had at KFC in the last thirty years which is why it's been ten years since I've dined there.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

stessier wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:01 pm
In case anyone is still interested.

Pagpag: Meanwhile in a dumpster behind a Jollibee in the Philippines. :shock: I'm guessing JeffV never tried any of this delicacy? :lol: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/g7SHQNOPhJU

What I don't quite get is that you can eat almost this cheap in Thailand without eating someone else's leftovers from Oscar's trash can. :think:
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

em2nought wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:51 am Pagpag: Meanwhile in a dumpster behind a Jollibee in the Philippines. :shock: I'm guessing JeffV never tried any of this delicacy? :lol: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/g7SHQNOPhJU
I'm pretty sure I was served that at my wife's friend's house the other day. I thought it was sisig, but I couldn't chew most of it.

The downtown Jolibee is under the Philippine Consulate. Wife had to go there the day before our trip to get made a Filipino again -- she had to renounce her Pinayhood to become an American citizen, but the Philippines allow her to be a dual citizen. She needed to do that to take possession of the two properties she bought (not done yet, but she did file some paperwork while there).

Also, there's a new Jolibee going in near her friend's house, much closer than any of the other 3 in the Chicago area, but still pretty far. I'm expecting them to put one in Bolingbrook, which has enough Filipinos to host a day-long festival every June. That would almost be close enough for the food to still be hot when I get it home -- although Filipinos seem fine with eating hot food at tepid temps.
Black Lives Matter
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Jeff V wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:58 pm
em2nought wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:51 am Pagpag: Meanwhile in a dumpster behind a Jollibee in the Philippines. :shock: I'm guessing JeffV never tried any of this delicacy? :lol: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/g7SHQNOPhJU
I'm pretty sure I was served that at my wife's friend's house the other day.
Friend in the Philippines or in Chicago? I'd imagine with the number of Jollibees in Chicago you could get the monopoly on Pagpag. :lol: Might not be a bad idea if we travel in Venezuela's footsteps. :wink:

In regard to other's mention of Italian food here, my go to is frozen Boston Market Chicken Parm when it's on BOGO at Publix or Winn Dixie. I dress it up with extra bottled spaghetti sauce, crushed red pepper, and two slices of mozzarella on the second heating after stirring. Then I shake some parm cheese on it. I'm sure it's nowhere near real Italian, but I'm fond enough to buy six or eight meals of this when it's on BOGO. Not a bad meal for about $2.75 :dance:
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

There are 3 Jolibee's in the Chicago area, the 4th (and closest) isn't open yet. The others are about 90 minutes away.

This was at a friend's house -- just met them a few months ago but they live 5 minutes away. He fancies himself quite the Filipino chef, but maybe because the cuisine doesn't resonate with me, I just have to take his word at it.
Black Lives Matter
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Jeff V wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:42 pm There are 3 Jolibee's in the Chicago area, the 4th (and closest) isn't open yet. The others are about 90 minutes away.

This was at a friend's house -- just met them a few months ago but they live 5 minutes away. He fancies himself quite the Filipino chef, but maybe because the cuisine doesn't resonate with me, I just have to take his word at it.
I seriously doubt he served you food retrieved from a dumpster. Not even I would scavenge food from a dumpster at this time. I have considered looking in Chick-fil-a trash for surveys that give away a free sandwich though. :lol:

Started using all the Dairy Queen gift cards I acquired from my mother because I'm afraid they'll go out of business locally. Hardly ever see any cars there anymore, maybe when the snowbirds flock back.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

If you are eating anything from Chik-fil-A, you are already eating trash. From a trash company, anyway. They are beyond despicable.

My kids got some Dairy Queen gift cards for their birthday. Never been there, maybe the would like the ice cream.
Black Lives Matter
mori

Post by mori »

At Dairy Queen I would stick with the ice cream and skip the "grill" part of the menu. The food is inedible at the one in my town and the DQ near my workplace has the worst customer service I have ever experienced at a fast food joint. It takes forever and you will end up with a random bag of food. It is not what you ordered but it is what you get. Unless you want to wait another 15 minutes for them to try again.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Enlarge Image
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:16 pm Enlarge Image
Doesn't mean much without adjusting for inflation, e.g. a quarter-pounder with cheese, large fries, and soda cost $1.31 in 1972, which now equates to $9.62. Which probably ain't terribly far off what an equivalently-sized meal -- that's likely akin to a kid's meal considering portion size inflation, too -- would cost nowadays.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I remember that simplicity. On those red-letter days when I go to a McD drive-through now, I'm overwhelmed by a menu with scores of items and combos that I have only a moment to read. So I just order the same thing I have since 1972.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Oh, I hate those digital menus that change every 3-5 seconds. Unless you already know what you want and are familiar with the menu, I think the fact that they cycle so frequently can actually slow things down. The Tim Hortons menu has so many things on it, and they cycle it too quickly in order to get through everything, but it can make it more difficult to remember what you want.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Formix

Post by Formix »

We just got a Dairi-O, which I thought was a joke until I saw it. https://dairio.com/ Not terrible, honestly.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Id like to see a change up with the pepper routines at fast food joints. Lets sometimes replace jalapeno peppers with poblano peppers instead. Not as hot more smoky flavor. Burritos tacos burgers hotdogs pizza.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I’m just glad chipotle ciabatta isn’t the whole trend anymore.
It's almost as if people are the problem.