OOWWL S01 Game 5 Villagers Win! Game Over!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Newcastle

Re: OOWWL S01 Game 5 Day One!

Post by Newcastle »

and to be honest stessiers comment "gotcha" w/ lassr.....struck me as odd, but not evil sounding when i read through it. ah well, hindsight is 20/20.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

:binky: So how is it still Day One? :wink: :binky:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Isgrimnur wrote::binky: So how is it still Day One? :wink: :binky:
We lynched stessier at 11 am, took a break for lunch and found out the wolf ate Lassr and now we are here trying to beat the sun to our next lynch. :P
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
purge

Post by purge »

A lynch in three pages? WTF, are you all trying to keep up with GTVille??!

Good catch, sorry I've been away. There's a number of people who say I've been my usual self, but that isn't the case. I should have TP'd on Grund long ago. He tried to get a train on me, and it sat their until his final vote (a safe place for a wolf to hide) on Stess.

I'd trust him about as far as I'd throw him (from a Trebuchet ;)).

I've not done any heavy reading, just skimming at the moment. Perhaps after the work party (and obligatory sex with on the photocopier), I'll squint enough to re-read the thread through my drunken stupor.

No promises though, since I'm a little behind on my AC:R review. :D
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Qantaga wrote:
RevHempus71 wrote: How's that for a moment of clarity??

Your moment is the exact opposite of clarity.

I have no experience with you to know if, as a wolf, you would come out so strongly on the offensive. ( you are right you don't know how I play)

What I do find interesting is that, after I accused stess yesterday, you came out questioning that vote and accused me, in what could have been a diversion tactic in stess' defense. ( I found it odd that you didn't at least throw some kind of jab Lassr's way after he voted for you.)

I think anyone can look back with "clarity" and see that my accusation of stess provided the momentum for his death. If I were a wolf, there would be no reason for me to put stess in that position. ( how is being the 2nd vote providing momentum? )

I'm suspicious of Grund's vote, too. Rev comes out with an elaborate theory, drawing "evidence" (color coded, no less) from a post where I correctly named a wolf. Grund doesn't bother to try to explain why he thinks Rev's unlikely conclusion has any merit (all he offers is a hemp joke), he just throws down a vote. What a nice gift for a wolfy Grund. If Rev is a misguided innocent and not the wolf, Grund helps kill me today, then gets to watch Rev come under scutiny for being so wrong about me. (I am an innocent, maybe misguided {pot can do that sometimes}. )

So, not surprisingly, I'm suspicious of both Rev and Grund at the moment, but It would be nice to hear opinions from the rest of the players.
Sheesh...... May I please get out of the corner now???? I promise to behave........
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: OOWWL S01 Game 5 Day Two!

Post by bb2112 »

Newcastle 

5 voted for Stess, 3 did not. Newcastle, Rev, and Purge.

Of the 3, I don't have much experience with Purge, none with Rev, and Newcastle has seemed off to me all game.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Day Two Vote Count

1. Remus West
2. Newcastle
4. purge
5. RevHempus71 - Qantaga
7. Qantaga
8. Grundbegriff - Qantaga
9. bb2112 - Newcastle

Qantaga (2): RevHempus71, Grundbegriff
Newcastle (1): bb2112

Majority is 4
Deadline is Tuesday at 10 pm ET

Please let me know if I missed anything.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Fascinating.

With stessier out of the way, the least we can do is vote against  Remus West 

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Grundbegriff wrote:Fascinating.

With stessier out of the way, the least we can do is vote against  Remus West 

Now that is interesting.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
theohall

Post by theohall »

Day Two Vote Count

1. Remus West
2. Newcastle
4. purge
5. RevHempus71 - Qantaga
7. Qantaga
8. Grundbegriff - Remus West
9. bb2112 - Newcastle

Qantaga (1): RevHempus71
Remus West (1): Grundbegriff

Majority is 4
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

hmm deadline tomorrow night, interesting. i have no intention of voting for Remus, interesting that Grund has decided to go after him. Part of me wonders though w/ remus is if he put his partner that close to the edge to get a freebie all the way to the end. Would stessier allow himself to be sacrificed like that in order to gain victory. I'd think so, but still doesnt satisfy me enough to swing a vote on to Remus.

Would a wolf vote for a fellow wolf? Points be damned of course, be a nice set up/cover to carry them through.

I could actually vote for Q, but i want to read more. Also would be tempted to vote for Rev.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Re: OOWWL S01 Game 5 sign up thread

Post by Newcastle »

Stessier's collected works:
theohall wrote:Roles have been sent. Game will commence when all roles have been received.
stessier wrote:
Remus West wrote:
stessier wrote:
theohall wrote:Will give this a little more time for signups. Intend to send out roles and get this going Sunday with the official game started thread. Will adjust the first deadline accordingly.
Which Sunday? :P
The same one I get the Arkham update out on. :oops:
You're still updating faster than the OOTP league. :lol:
stessier wrote:Maybe your prediction of a Sunday start will be accurate after all.
stessier wrote:Welcome back  REV! 

stessier wrote:
bb2112 wrote:Guess it is time to go after one of the more silent(ish) people.

Stessier 

Trying to break a game in my team's favor is hard work!!! :P

I'd really like to see what Qantaga is thinking.

Qantaga 

stessier wrote:
Lassr wrote:
Lassr wrote:
Remus West wrote: withdraw Remus West 

Sigh. Nobody wants to try that game. I wondered if it could lead to both baddies again this time but guess not.
two games in a row...this time it could be an even more prefect disguise.

The self vote is going to get you killed again...
I can't decide whether you should die today or have a scan wasted on you.
Poke the innocents much?

Lassr 

stessier wrote:
Qantaga wrote:Because someone voting for me is not an indicator of evil. Anyone good or bad could vote for me. I think it slightly more likely that stess is manufacturing a "slip," than it is that Lassr actually slipped.
How is it manufactured? The guy said "waste a scan on Remus." He didn't say "waste a scan on Remus who is likely to be lynched by tomorrow anyway."

Why are you so quick to discount the fact that it could be a slip?

*Intersting thing about this is that Q had posted at 1023 Am the previous morning, only a few posts prior.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

VOTE COUNTS

1. Remus West - bb2112, Remus West, Lassr, stessier
2. Newcastle - Remus West, Grundbegriff
3. Lassr - Qantaga, stessier
4. purge - bb2112
5. RevHempus71 - Grundbegriff, Qantaga
6. stessier - RevHempus71, Qantaga, Lassr
7. Qantaga - stessier
8. Grundbegriff - purge, stessier
9. bb2112 - purge, Remus West, stessier

Qantaga (1): RevHempus71
bb2112 (1): purge
Lassr (1): stessier
stessier (5): bb2112, Qantaga, Lassr, Remus West, Grundbegriff
Grundbegriff (1): Newcastle

VOTING IS CLOSED
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

rereading the thread, Q seems a bit more innocent to me. Stessiers jump on him, seems a bit more opportunistic in hopes of rolling on a train than a jump on a fellow pack mate.

BB gets kudos for being first on Stessier, and not moving off.

I think i will ignore remus for the moment.

Grund intrigues me. But would he save a packmate? Or would he kill him? Same type of question/grey area i have w/ Remus.

I do wonder however if Stessier's initial jump on Rev was more of a "interact w/ packmate early" move to quiet any potential analysis of a linkage/avoidance behavior there.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

bb2112 wrote: Newcastle 

....snip..... and Newcastle has seemed off to me all game.
....snip...
dude if i am not off every game, my game is off :D
Bayraktar!!!!

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I just can't get past Newcastle not only passing on the chance to vote stessier but questioning it. Seems like a typical wolfcastle move to "gently" move interest elsewhere.
 Newcastle 

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Remus West wrote:I just can't get past Newcastle not only passing on the chance to vote stessier but questioning it. Seems like a typical wolfcastle move to "gently" move interest elsewhere.
 Newcastle 

1- we still had time
2 - I hadnt adequately read the thread to form my own opinions of guilt/innocents
2B- i didnt want to vote out someone who could potentially be innocent without some thought
3 - I wanted to see what people were thinking in terms of why they were voting for stessier

make of it what you will.
Bayraktar!!!!

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I did. I feel it makes you look more guilty than others.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

cool
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

so me showing up at a critical vote moment, and asking why is an indication of guilt...rather than just lurking in the shadows and hope my "packmate" can survive the vote?

so you would be less likely to vote for me if i had simply said nothing? And just held my breath and watched what was going down?
Bayraktar!!!!

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Newcastle wrote:so me showing up at a critical vote moment, and asking why is an indication of guilt...rather than just lurking in the shadows and hope my "packmate" can survive the vote?

so you would be less likely to vote for me if i had simply said nothing? And just held my breath and watched what was going down?
Probably. I base the suspicion of you on having played side Evil with you and seen you gently redirect attention away from people we did not want to get lynched. The suspicion is not based on "anyone" making the play you did but rather based off experience with you and your style.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Remus West
Newcastle

purge -
RevHempus71 -

Grundbegriff -

Leaning innocent:
bb2112 - his voting meandered during the day and ended up on Stessier as his 3rd choice more as a poke the silent aspect, but he didnt move it. Even as the train left the station. Feels more innocent here.
Qantaga - From readings just seems like he's innocent

seemingly innocent:
remus - Am leaning more toward innocent here, but still have questions. If wolf very risky play what he did. Something I dont put past him. I want to put him in the innocent column, but at the same time i've got that nagging feeling he put his partner in that position to gain street cred. Still though, leaning more innocent.

Quiet -
Purge - dont like his silence, not making waves here

Leery -
Grund - His capping of Stessier would seem like a vote for his humanity. But I wonder if its a wolf move to give him innocent cred knowing the result. I just think he'd analyze more before doing such a thing. Seems out of character that he'd cap someone that fast.
Rev - Feels off to me. Doesnt help that he wasnt on the Stessier train. Feels manufactered going after Q as he did.

Rev Hempus 

this smoke he offers is less skunk and more oregano.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Remus West wrote:
Newcastle wrote:so me showing up at a critical vote moment, and asking why is an indication of guilt...rather than just lurking in the shadows and hope my "packmate" can survive the vote?

Probably. I base the suspicion of you on having played side Evil with you and seen you gently redirect attention away from people we did not want to get lynched. The suspicion is not based on "anyone" making the play you did but rather based off experience with you and your style.
fair enough. and yeah, probably something i would try to do.
Bayraktar!!!!

purge

Post by purge »

I generally don't make it to day 3. Trying to keep a low profile. :D

Actually, been really busy, and you people all know each other waaaaay better. I've not wolfed in a very long time (this is what, 7 games incl. GT) where I'm villager. The tells and the strategies have changed so drastically (a silent Grund?! REALLY?!!).

I think Remus' accusation of Newcastle is more telling than Newcastles "gentle" persuasion, but that could just be my ignorance.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Newcastle wrote:
Qantaga wrote:Just getting back to civilization and catching up.

Observations:

***snip***
Newcastle,.......volleying trivialities.[/accuse]
trivial to you? seriously? Hmm but isnt anything here trivial? Looks like you arent that concerned abouut your fate, and are you protecting Remus?

questions, questions, within Russian dolls, wrapped up in a California roll.
Newcastle wrote:so why is everyone running up stessier? Whats the big pull there?
Newcastle wrote:at the moment: lassr feels innocent to me,

gray zone: remus

I could kind of vote stessier, but want to see others pipe up.

Grund has disappeared

BB - is trying to be mr. humorous

Reve- posted then disappeared. kind of want to vote him, but i also dont want to vote him out on his first game back (yeah yeah, compassion...blah blah blha).

Q- feels off

Purge - is present

meh-

grund 

this is more in the interest in hearin him speak, rather than a belief in his guilt
Stessier gets lynched. Suddenly after Newcastle posted his observations above, he claims below that he didn't read the thread thoroughly. It was thorough enough to post something on just about everyone and put a vote on Grund before the lynch though.
Newcastle wrote:
Remus West wrote:....snip..... I find it odd that Newcastle decline to express any intention to vote stessier yesterday but simply questioned the vote being there. ......snip.......
wanted to know why people were voting for him. I hadnt read the thread thoroughly (skimmed it) and was curious why he was run up so fast. I was also waiting to see how things woudl turn and develop as well. I really didnt expect him to go to the gallows so quick.

if anything, i think Remus comes out smelling hte best there...yea, i am sure thats gonna heighten your paranoia about me....but mainly due to Rev's statement of not putting your partner at #4.

Question woul dbe: would grund put his partner over the edge like that? So i cant clear grund...and yes i think he'd do something like that. Especially due to these short games, his chances at surviving to end game are high.
Newcastle wrote:hmm deadline tomorrow night, interesting. i have no intention of voting for Remus, interesting that Grund has decided to go after him. Part of me wonders though w/ remus is if he put his partner that close to the edge to get a freebie all the way to the end. Would stessier allow himself to be sacrificed like that in order to gain victory. I'd think so, but still doesnt satisfy me enough to swing a vote on to Remus.

Would a wolf vote for a fellow wolf? Points be damned of course, be a nice set up/cover to carry them through.

I could actually vote for Q, but i want to read more. Also would be tempted to vote for Rev.
This is why I say off. Q was second vote on Stess, had time to move it, didn't. Puts Q more in the innocent area I would think, but Newcastle says he could vote for him. Grund seems to be a focus for Newcastle, both before and after the lynch of Stess. We had plenty of time and a vote train could have very easily started in another direction. Hell, usually the first guy run up to N-1 gets lynched less than half the time anyway. Grund putting a bullet in Stess when he didn't have to makes me think he is more good. Both Q and Grund are experienced enough to place their votes where they did to throw off suspicion, however, at least at this point, I think there are more viable candidates.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Stessier gets lynched. Suddenly after Newcastle posted his observations above, he claims below that he didn't read the thread thoroughly. It was thorough enough to post something on just about everyone and put a vote on Grund before the lynch though.
read those impressions again, do they seem deep & insightful to you? Do they appear as if i have heavily thought on each positions? Its basically impressions based on a skimming read through not a deep analysis. Different things.

re: Q, look at my last post of thoughts on people, please look at where i put Q. That is based on a more heavily thought out read through (fyi, notice a difference between my first suspect list?)
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

thing that bothers me w/ Grunds vote, is that its so sudden and seems without much due dilligence, no analysis, no thought process. Its more of a BOOM-Scoop type of capping, rather than an evaluation of the playing field. And its that evaluation/analysis that i ususally expect from Grund than this out of the blue Scoop style capping.
Bayraktar!!!!

RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

ezmate: I have not had time to post the last coupleof das do to renovating a kitchen and bathroom.plus i work nightshift.

thoughts coming in next post.
Sheesh...... May I please get out of the corner now???? I promise to behave........
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Newcastle wrote: Leery -
Rev - Feels off to me. Doesnt help that he wasnt on the Stessier train. Feels manufactered going after Q as he did.

Rev Hempus 

this smoke he offers is less skunk and more oregano.

Nothing in my post was manufactured. It was my impression of things said. I know nothing of Q's play style so I was trying to look at his use of language. I may have misinterpreted his use of adjectives. I know I am not the most logical of thinkers (far from it).

Green Ouch... Now that's just plain mean.....  withdraw Qantaga 

Newcastle 

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

so your voting for me because....?
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

fyi i am at 3, w/ a 4 majority.

I have no real further insights to give if I go over. I want to go back over BB's quotes of mine make sure they are chronological or however they are sorted. I have noted to him that my views on Q have moderated some.

7 left as of now, 5 tomorrow, 3 day after. So you have at best 2 more misses after me. Should I go over...good luck!
Bayraktar!!!!

theohall

Post by theohall »

Day Two Vote Count

1. Remus West - Newcastle
2. Newcastle - RevHempus71
4. purge
5. RevHempus71 - Qantaga, Newcastle
7. Qantaga
9. bb2112 - Newcastle

Newcastle (3): bb2112, Remus West, RevHempus71 N-1
RevHempus71 (1): Newcastle

Majority is 4
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

purge wrote:I generally don't make it to day 3. Trying to keep a low profile. :D

Actually, been really busy, and you people all know each other waaaaay better. I've not wolfed in a very long time (this is what, 7 games incl. GT) where I'm villager. The tells and the strategies have changed so drastically (a silent Grund?! REALLY?!!).

I think Remus' accusation of Newcastle is more telling than Newcastles "gentle" persuasion, but that could just be my ignorance.
Thats very interesting.
 withdraw Newcastle 

Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Remus West 

He's trying too hard to make hay.
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

withdraw Newcastle 

It was meant as a poke about the oregano accusation.
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Rev and Grund are at the top of my list.

Newcastle, not far behind.

Remus, purge, bb2112 are mysteries to me at the moment.

I'm not ready to drop anybody into a "good" or even "leaning good" category yet.

I haven't had much time in the past couple days to devote to the game. I'll read through again and have a vote by tomorrow morning.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Well if I am at the top of your list, Q, so be it. I am willing to go to the gallows if it leads to the salvation of my fellow villagers.

Just one request tho.... Can I smoke one first?

singingswing low sweet chariot comin forth to carry me home......
theohall

Post by theohall »

Day Two Vote Count

1. Remus West - Newcastle
2. Newcastle - RevHempus71
4. purge
5. RevHempus71 - Qantaga, Newcastle
7. Qantaga
9. bb2112 - Newcastle

RevHempus71 (1): Newcastle

Majority is 4
Deadline is Tonight at 10 pm ET
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I'm going to stick with Newcastle. I feel a little uneasy regarding Purge's post but it still doesn't move him past Newcastle in my suspicions.
 Newcastle 

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

well since i am at two right now...all i ask of you guys is to start thinking who you're going to go after tomorrow. Since i am a guaranteed miss, tomorrow you will have to go through this again. Kind of wish there was more discussion to parse things.

Also, have you guys wondered why Lassr at all? I can think of two distinct reasons.
1. He made the seer/scan comment; what if he was knocked out because evil thought he was the seer (i have a hunch our seer is still alive though; fyi am not claiming seer either...just a hunch)

2. Stessier went after him, almost proving his innocents by the attempt at getting lassr scanned.

However, did he have any list of suspects and who was on that?
Bayraktar!!!!