THANK YOU! 2024 Fundraising Completed - $2095 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

[2]A Walk in Wolf Woods - Game Over

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Scoop20906

Re: [2]A Walk in Wolf Woods - Day 1

Post by Scoop20906 »

RMC wrote:As bad as this is to say... I agree with Scoop. :|
Oh for the love of ... :doh:

Ok, no way if you are a wolf a 2nd time you would have to balls to play this game again. No way.

Ok, RMC, since you MIGHT be good the game who do you think deserves your vote today?
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Scoop20906 wrote:

Ok, no way if you are a wolf a 2nd time you would have to balls to play this game again. No way.

It seems that would be an excellent strategy for a wolfy RMC to take (and he's already admitted to be a sly strategist).
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Qantaga wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:

It seems that would be an excellent strategy for a wolfy RMC to take (and he's already admitted to be a sly strategist).
I just can't believe he is THAT sly. Being that I've only played one other game with him I'm not sure how he acts when he is good and I don't want to be distracted by him this game if he is good.

He gets the benefit of the doubt from me for the time being.

tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Rather focus on the quiet ... Funny I was almost lynched last game for being perceived quiet, but the same focus isn't being directed on three players who have yet to say a word...
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Isgrimnur wrote:Hi, guys! What's going on?
boy.

That was one of the most awkward sounding "I'm here" posts I've ever read. :lol:

Isgrimnur 

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

tru1cy wrote:Rather focus on the quiet ... Funny I was almost lynched last game for being perceived quiet, but the same focus isn't being directed on three players who have yet to say a word...
Um.

Actually, you were almost lynched last game (and perhaps ultimately were) for being perceived as unnaturally talkative. You are confusing the last game with, oh, just about every other game.... But last game, if you will recall Stessier and I both focused on your verbosity, not your perceived quiet.

Is this not how you recollect the last game, tru1cy?

It's odd that you would describe things this way.

That said, I'm all for clearing out those that create nothing to go back and read. Or people that promise to not vote and only follow what other people are promoting, etc, - as that also becomes troublesome history to sift through at the end of the game.

But, some day, after I am dead - you all should get to killing Chaosraven... today, Isgrumnur, may be a good test for the rope.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I was wondering which three tru1cy was referring to
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Chaosraven wrote:I was wondering which three tru1cy was referring to
I guess he was leveraging Scoop's list that listed 3 players as "Silent!"
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Tru1cy, can you articulate why you feel we should be focused on the players that aren't being talkative? Do you feel that this is the mark of a wolf?
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Unagi wrote:
except Scoops list is wrong.
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Unagi wrote:

That's the way I read it, too. It looks like he means pr0ner, Grund, and Semaj.

Semaj hasn't been completely silent. He did have his Charlie Sheen-esque "Imma punch you for not infecting me" post where he bolded Scoop's name instead of "accusing" him.

Grund's silence has become an early game pattern recently.

I don't know anything about pr0ner's style.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Pr0ner is tru1cy-level until he gets a wild hair about something. I am indeed referring to Semaj. Why did scoop 'ignore' his post? Why are people willing to take an erroneous list of silents? Not keeping track or something more nefarious?
"Where are you off to?"

redrun

Post by redrun »

Scoop20906 wrote:Frankly, I'm more interested in targeting a "friendly" or "silent" wolf today. Those are the ones that sneak up on you at the end game.
-- I'm not sure how we tell if a silent is a wolf, but I certainly understand the idea of going after the silent - if someone doesn't participate on a regular basis there is nothing to go on for them - and this makes it very difficult in end game. Same for someone who always claims to be 'following'. However, I am unsure of what is meant by 'friendly' wolf - Scoop, could you expand this a bit for me? Thanks.
Sufficient I am to the day.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Chaosraven wrote:
Unagi wrote:
except Scoops list is wrong.
Whats wrong about it?

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Chaosraven wrote:Pr0ner is tru1cy-level until he gets a wild hair about something. I am indeed referring to Semaj. Why did scoop 'ignore' his post? Why are people willing to take an erroneous list of silents? Not keeping track or something more nefarious?
Semaj wrote:<insert witty and mildy funny comment here to imply I am paying attention>
Ahhh, congrats to Semaj, he has been upgraded to Ever-So-Slightly-Active.

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

You classify semaj as 'silent', when he posted roughly twelve hours earlier, attempting to vote for you.
"Where are you off to?"

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Players:
1. Newcastle - redrun
2. Qantaga -
3. Chaosraven - Unagi, stessier
4. Theohall - rshetts2, isgrimnur
5. rshetts2 -
6. Scoop20906 - redrun
7. Grundbegriff -
8. tru1cy - Grundbegriff
9. lassr - dead in the night
10. msteelers - stessier
11. redrun -
12. Chrisgrenard -
13. Unagi - Isgrimnur
14. stessier -
15. Isgrimnur -
16. pr0ner -
17. RMC -
18. Lagom Lite - Scoop
19. Lord Mortis -
20. Semaj -

Against:
redrun - 2
Isgrimnur - 2
Grundbegriff - 1
stessier - 1
Scoop - 1

Majority is 10.

If I missed anything please let me know.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

redrun wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:Frankly, I'm more interested in targeting a "friendly" or "silent" wolf today. Those are the ones that sneak up on you at the end game.
-- I'm not sure how we tell if a silent is a wolf, but I certainly understand the idea of going after the silent - if someone doesn't participate on a regular basis there is nothing to go on for them - and this makes it very difficult in end game. Same for someone who always claims to be 'following'. However, I am unsure of what is meant by 'friendly' wolf - Scoop, could you expand this a bit for me? Thanks.
A bit hard to be crystal clear about this but I would describe a "friendly" wolf as someone who posts constantly and provides tons of posts counts and and vote tallies but never says anything of consequence and never sticks his neck out.

Last game stessier played a pretty careful game as a wolf. He was always posting and posted a TON about the vote tallies but when it came down to the end game I couldn't build an effective cases against him to convince Unagi to vote for him.

I'd like to force everyone to be clear about who they think is a baddie. That way we can look for trends or baddies protecting each other or themselves.

I see that as my role in this game. If I have to take some heat for it, I'm fine for that. I'm not sure I want to be around for another end game after the last one.

ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

redrun wrote:
This. I would say that if a person isn't posting, nobody can try to get a read on their psychology, thus somewhat removing the entire point of this game.

(Incoming Meta-game thoughts)

Isn't the entire point of the WW games that we all look at each other's behavior and, based upon what we know about the person's past and present behavior, try to guess if they are good or evil? While I grant that saying nothing still counts as saying something, and I fully admit to falling out of some games in the past, I would say that it's somewhat against the point of the game to be silent, especially early on. It's the equivalent of us trying to figure out how good you are at football if you won't even leave your house.

(End meta-game thoughts)

So yes, while I agree that silent people are probably just bored with the fact that they're villagers (at least, I did that in the past when I got burned out on overplaying these games), I still think people ought to be forced to participate a bit just so we can get a read of them.
I'm special!
RMC

Post by RMC »

Just to reiterate, I am not 'following' scoop, I just agree that we need to look at the ones who are silent.

I am not following what Scoop does, and I am not a wolf, nor do I think Scoop is currently. LM is not a target just yet in my book, as I think he is just being Sarcastic.

Stessier, however, has not really said anything, just yep I am here. I would like to hear him explain why he thinks Lassr was a target on day one, and who he thinks would be someone who would target said Lassr.

I think Semaj is also a little too quiet, but that might just be his style. I also think anyone who just pops in and says Hi and then leaves, is a little odd. At least they should be pointing out which way the wind seems to be taking them. :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Chaosraven wrote:You classify semaj as 'silent', when he posted roughly twelve hours earlier, attempting to vote for you.
Wow! :doh:
Semaj wrote:Scoop

Not sure that first post was odd... but scoop is always odd..

Ima pretend to have vast array of knowledge to carry the day..

I hate not knowing what my opponents can do.. but let me assume you wolves.. if you had an alpha and didnt convert me, Ima punch one of you next game :)
For some reason, when I read this I thought it was Theohall who posted this. I even looked at it directly a couple times deciding whether I wanted to get into another pissing match with Theohall again. And it turns out it wasn't Theohall at all. Good think I didn't respond. :oops:

Ok, Semaj moved up to Active since he "attempted" to post a vote. I do apologize to everyone for the confusion on this.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

ChrisGrenard wrote:
redrun wrote:
This. I would say that if a person isn't posting, nobody can try to get a read on their psychology, thus somewhat removing the entire point of this game.

Isn't the entire point of the WW games that we all look at each other's behavior and, based upon what we know about the person's past and present behavior, try to guess if they are good or evil? While I grant that saying nothing still counts as saying something, and I fully admit to falling out of some games in the past, I would say that it's somewhat against the point of the game to be silent, especially early on. It's the equivalent of us trying to figure out how good you are at football if you won't even leave your house.

(End meta-game thoughts)

So yes, while I agree that silent people are probably just bored with the fact that they're villagers (at least, I did that in the past when I got burned out on overplaying these games), I still think people ought to be forced to participate a bit just so we can get a read of them.
So, Chris, you would consider yourself MORE active this game than you have been in the past?

redrun

Post by redrun »

Semaj 

I'm willing to wait a day on Grund (What's the Grund rule? If you're not sure he's good by day three, lynch him then, but not before?).
I dunno Pr0ner well enough, I'll wait and see on him.
I think Semaj would put Lassr on the block quickly, so he's as good a choice as any right now.
Sufficient I am to the day.
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

Scoop20906 wrote:
ChrisGrenard wrote:
redrun wrote:

(End meta-game thoughts)

So, Chris, you would consider yourself MORE active this game than you have been in the past?
More active than my last game where I abandoned it on like day 1, yes. But I was burned out at the time.

Versus my record past that, I would guess I'm running about the same level, but this is based on personal perception, not hard facts.
I'm special!
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

*crawls out of bed ina drunken haze*
"God i hate thursdays.... ok I hate fridays, but only because of thursday"

Scoop 

Lets see fi that works.

I do see a lot of jockey for positions going on, people trying to jab and poke and prod and discover information. And while in theory I like Scoops "Lets make sure the silents are not doing so for nefarious reasons" concept, I also am still wondering about his first post and how it seemed all... blah blah shame about lassr... lets comment politely on it for half a second and then VOTE TIME! WHOOO! THE QUICKER THE BETTER!"

I mean maybe i read it wrong... and i wholeheartedly agree Scoop always seems evil. So I am not by any stretch saying he is captain wolfpants, just his first post made me go... EHhHhhhhhhh.

As for Redrum: Cant argue with that, but I would like to imagine I am not the only person who considers Lassr a good enough Player to kill early.
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

P.S. What's the average real-time length of day 1? 3 actual days?
I'm special!
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Scoop20906 

Hodor.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Unagi wrote:Tru1cy, can you articulate why you feel we should be focused on the players that aren't being talkative? Do you feel that this is the mark of a wolf?
If you don't contribute to the dialog you really bring nothing to the villagers. I used this card to long and I used it well. Out of sight. Out of Mind. Come end game you have nothing to base my guilt or innocence. A wolf openly hiding in the silence but still playing with his packmates is just too dangerous. There are too many unknown variables not knowing how many baddies that need to be scan just to leave the quiet out there
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
stessier

Post by stessier »

RMC wrote:Stessier, however, has not really said anything, just yep I am here. I would like to hear him explain why he thinks Lassr was a target on day one, and who he thinks would be someone who would target said Lassr.
:lol:

Ahhhh, Grasshopper comes begging the Master for advice once more. So very wise of you, Grasshopper.

The answer to all you seek can be found by meditating on the following passage:

"Before you can understand the past, you must live the future."

Come to me when you are ready for the next lesson.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I've been focused on work internally for much of the last few days. It's been an interesting week personally, and I haven't had much time to devote to the start of the game, which I regret, as this should be one for the ages.

That being said, I can always get behind eliminating  Lagom Lite 

He's entirely too crafty for his own good and muddies the waters dangerously even when good. Grenard is pinging my radar as well for his standoffish post about being an active voter back on page 2.

Nothing in my head is set in stone at the moment, but those are my initial thoughts on a quick recap of the thread.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
stessier

Post by stessier »

ChrisGrenard wrote:P.S. What's the average real-time length of day 1? 3 actual days?
You're probably not going to like this answer: 7-14 actual days.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
stessier

Post by stessier »

msteelers wrote: Stessier 

Mostly because I wanted to shoot him last game, but was convinced he was good.
I'm kind of surprised this is the only vote. I thought I earned a few more last game. :horse:
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

stessier wrote:
ChrisGrenard wrote:P.S. What's the average real-time length of day 1? 3 actual days?
:shock:

Okay, well, I was worried because my best friend is arriving back from a very sandy country today, and I was probably not going to be around hardly at all all weekend due to that. It sounds like I'm not going to miss much!
I'm special!
stessier

Post by stessier »

Unagi wrote:I think we should all be voting Chaos, but that isn't likely on Day 1.
Why isn't it likely?
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Post by Semaj » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:22 am
Semaj wrote:*crawls out of bed ina drunken haze*
"God i hate thursdays.... ok I hate fridays, but only because of thursday"

Scoop 

Lets see fi that works.

I do see a lot of jockey for positions going on, people trying to jab and poke and prod and discover information. And while in theory I like Scoops "Lets make sure the silents are not doing so for nefarious reasons" concept, I also am still wondering about his first post and how it seemed all... blah blah shame about lassr... lets comment politely on it for half a second and then VOTE TIME! WHOOO! THE QUICKER THE BETTER!"

I mean maybe i read it wrong... and i wholeheartedly agree Scoop always seems evil. So I am not by any stretch saying he is captain wolfpants, just his first post made me go... EHhHhhhhhhh.

As for Redrum: Cant argue with that, but I would like to imagine I am not the only person who considers Lassr a good enough Player to kill early.
Post by pr0ner » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:31 am
pr0ner wrote: Scoop20906 

Did you and Semaj just now check your baddie forum? Also, pr0ner, wouldn't hurt if you gave some reason for your vote, right? Otherwise, you just look like a baddie trying to get in early on a bandwagon.

And trust me, I know I am the safe vote for the baddies today. I am giving EVERYONE a reason to vote for me. If I'm the one we choose to test today then this vate tally should be looked at closely.

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Lagom Lite 

I got nothing to go by and nothing's really coming to light in isolation, so he's as good as any and better than many.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Scoop20906 wrote:And trust me, I know I am the safe vote for the baddies today. I am giving EVERYONE a reason to vote for me. If I'm the one we choose to test today then this vate tally should be looked at closely.
Hmmm, I was thinking the exact opposite was the case. Last game you were claiming stuff left and right. Maybe I missed something with all the possible roles to keep track of?
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Scoop, my vote should be pretty obvious. That you're getting defensive just adds ammo to my inherent rationale.
Hodor.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

stessier wrote:
msteelers wrote: Stessier 

Mostly because I wanted to shoot him last game, but was convinced he was good.
I'm kind of surprised this is the only vote. I thought I earned a few more last game. :horse:
I don't know about the rest but I'm trying not to let my opinions formed in the last game affect my decision this game. So, yeah, maybe your fooling me again.

theohall

Post by theohall »

ChrisGrenard wrote:
stessier wrote:
:shock:

Okay, well, I was worried because my best friend is arriving back from a very sandy country today, and I was probably not going to be around hardly at all all weekend due to that. It sounds like I'm not going to miss much!
Over the past year, weekends have not usually been that active in these anyway, so no worries. Sunday night tends to be the most active weekend day.
pr0ner wrote: Scoop20906 

withdraw Isgrimnur

accuse pr0ner 

pr0ner's accusation seems silly without any kind of talking to go with it.
We kill the quiet ones because they aren't helping.
And that accusation is a perfect example of quiet.